47.2 – That makes it thrice—no, FOUR TIMES!
355 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*****

"Hmmm" I hummed as I eat the skewered goat. "This feels weird, I'm supposed to be part goat, this is basically cannibalism, isn't it?.. Better not think about it, you lose if you think, as they say." I finished the meat and threw the wooden stick aside.

"Damn though, that earlier was quite an experience. Who would have thought that she's that adorable? That aside, I should get ready to sneak into one of those ships departing for the Hyuu Continent. I just hope that I don't run into that elf again though, even if she's cute she's still scary…"

I continued to talk to myself as I unknowingly caught the attention of the people I passed.

"I don't know how long it will take so I should prepare as much food as I can. Thank goodness for that storage skill I got from that demon down there I should not have trouble with whatever I try to bring, also thank goodness for the status disguise that came with the appraisal skill, if it wasn't for that then I would have not won against that dungeon boss and many more equally dangerous monsters. That may be true but those guys tasted great though, hehe…

Alright, procuring food will be done later for now I should scout out a ship I could sneak into…"

So I did after wiping off the drool threatening to drop down my chin, I asked around for the direction to the harbor until I saw a glimpse of sail between the buildings. After that, I ran. With all of my being. Excitement is what my fuel, eager to see a ship for the first time.

It's really a wonder how much this place resembles Europe in its middle ages though, it's like the gods just copy-pasted the buildings from earth onto this world. That aside,

"Ships! Real ships! Oh boy, it's such a shame that I won't get to see some modern ship any sooner but these look just as majestic! I'm so glad I'm alive!"

An old man came shouting at me as I was admiring the ships that I so loved in my previous life and in this one too.

"Well aren't you an energetic one eh, brat!? These here are the best of the best ships you'll ever get to see in this kingdom! They are the pride of my family, designed by yours truly!" He said with a wholesome huge smile plastered upon his face, his long silver beard and hair swaying as he comes near me.

"OH! You're the designer, it's a pleasure to meet you, sir!" I said as I reach out with my right hand for a handshake.

Grabbing my hand, he says, "Yeah, same to you, brat! You've got some nice taste if you think my ships are beautiful!"

"Of course they are! Though they are quite different from what I have seen in textbooks, they're definitely beautiful!" I said as our hands parted.

"Oho? Mind telling me what those textbooks have? As a shipwright, I can't help but be curious!"

Hehe, lucky…

"If so, then I'll tell you all I know about ships if you let me hitch a ride on of those to the Hyuu continent!" I said, grabbing the opportunity that presented itself in front of me.

"Why not!? It isn't common for me to have someone to talk to about ships cause everyone is always busy keeping the ship designs safe and secured! Brat, do you drink? It's on me!"

He said as he smacked me hard on the shoulders. Have I been a normal person then I would have not been on the floor because of that.

"Quite a tough one, aren't ya?! Any brat out there would be on their knees complaining! I knew it, it's decided! You're accompanying me tonight until morning!"

So that was on purpose! Also, that sounds so wrong!

And that's how I got a free ride to the Hyuu continent and spent a whole night drinking and talking about ship designs. I must say though, this old man must be a genius, he just absorbed every detail that I taught him, and it was hella fun too! I'll be sure to keep his ship safe away from those sea monsters that will inevitably come after them. I swear that on my name, Chime1Pronounced as "Shime" like "Shine" but with an M instead of N!

After that night, I just hunted around in the forest before the city, cooked the meat, and spent another day getting some stuff ready, like escape rope and stuff, just the normal hunter stuff. Too bad I couldn't register because of a royal decree that prevents anyone that looks like a child from registering. Damn you, Alphore! I haven't actually met the guy, but damn him still!

And then tomorrow came, as much as I wanted to keep on talking with that old man, my passion has already shifted from ships to cute animal girls. "Wait… what about ship girls? Girls adorned with barrels of mini cannons and other similar weaponry… I… think I just awakened to something new…"

"I learned quite a lot about cannons because of warships back then… no, anyways I should get going…"

So I jumped off the barrel I was atop of and carried my 'baggage' met with the old man, said my farewell, and made a run for the growing line. There's probably no need to worry about space in the ship since all of these nobles are listed, I just wanted to get on quicker.

As I got my position in the line, that's when I heard it happen.

"Hey! I know that you're a special case and all, but I can't allow a slave board before me, a noble!" A noble got into a quarrel with her.

"Do you not know which family I am from!? I am Gabriel Alberrioko, the heir of the great Ducal Alberrioko Family! You'll heed my words unless you want to have a taste of my father's wrath!"

It's the stereotypical arrogant noble brat that thinks highly of himself because he came from a successful noble lineage.

"Yup, I'll just ignore that and think that they don't exist… I'll just do that, fuuuu," I hypnotized myself and tried to forget about them and their stupid quarrel.

"Suuuu, fuuuuu…" And just like that,

Notice: Skill, 'Delusion' successfully acquired

I got a new skill. Thinking about it now, if I stick with her, won't I get a lot of skills and skill upgrades? Meh, better not try, too risky.

 

*****

Spoiler: Ahsa The Crimson Iron

Yes, you're supposed to read that.

17