41 – Road to Alto Adrian
529 14 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I definitely didn't almost forget to write a chapter for tonight(And only remembered about it 2 hours before its scheduled upload). No no no.

For real though, I was too busy grinding. It's Toram's 7th anniversary and I have to collect those gold medals. Tehee. Better late than never. Alright, into the chapter you go.

"Umm, young miss, do we really have to wear these? Grandpa only jokingly said that we will become your maids…" Lo complained as she held down her short skirt.

"Yeah, I'd like to complain too. These are a little too revealing for my liking," Li lazily said while yawning.

"It has already been two days since I have told you two to wear those, get used to them already," As usual, I indifferently said so.

"And they look cute too. You girls are quite tall for your age after all, so it also gives you quite an aura of elegance. If you mind your etiquette more then I bet you'd look more lovely in them… I also would like to see Celes wear them…" Lory added in before whispering something I just wouldn't miss.

"Right, I'll have you act the part because I will be deceiving some people along the way to the port city and maybe the city lord as well if not just some officials."

Right. It is another continent after all. Just like on earth, there has to be some form of travel regulations. It would be suspicious for a party of young girls, that aren't even hunters, to be voyaging from one continent to another. So I thought that it would be easier if I made it that I am a noble's child coming back home or going sightseeing.

"Still, Celes. It is hot in this iron armor, can't you make it a little lighter," Lory complained as well. She might have thought that since the twins are already complaining, she might as well.

Of course, a noble must have a guard as it would be more suspicious for a noble child to be roaming around another continent, or planning to roam one, without a guard.

But little Celes, what about money?

Want to know how much I have with me now after departing? Roughly 10, 000, 000 seya on cash after selling recipes here and there to Mister Argel along with his acquaintances that passed through our village after their businesses in the port city. Stacked, aren't I? Oh well, they'll make more than just that so it doesn't really matter. I am also yet to teach a chef of his liking so I just handed him a small notebook compiled with dishes in them. They are just small and not so fancy dishes and they are not counted in the contract. They're going to be serving nobles, after all, he said. The dishes have to look luxurious and fancy, he said.

"Of course, take it off for now then I'll remodel it," I said so as I'm making a traveling dress for myself that would fit a high-ranked novel.

Lory did as I said and took off her heavy iron armor, revealing her white tank top soaked in her sweat that has made it cling to her fine porcelain white skin revealing how curvy and delightful her body is.

Just like that, we passed another two days while sharing idle chats here and there along with each other.

*****

"Should we camp here for the night? I also want to modify the carriage to look fancy enough to look like a noble's, I'll also take care of the night-watch so you can rest easy," I said to the two after I pulled the carriage to the side and untied the horses to tie them onto a nearby tree.

"What about you, young miss?" Lo said, looking like she'll fall asleep anytime if she were to lie down.

"Vampires don't need sleep so don't have to worry about her, Lo," Lory followed up with a look of satisfaction which was quite adorable.

(Even though you wouldn't have known had I not told you back then…)

After agreeing, the two, along with the already sleeping Li, set up a tent and took a rest there. Without removing their maid uniform or armor. They must have been tired, I should have pulled out earlier.

Alright then, carriage, time for a complete make-up.

'Yay!' I thought I heard a voice in my head but disregarded it as my imagination.

The night uneventfully and peacefully passed with me staying up for watching over our stuff and remodeling the carriage while at it.

I woke up the girls early and did my daily exercise, which I haven't done in quite a while, which surprised Li and Lo for some reason until the sun rose from the west. Yes, not from the east, but from the west.

"Now then, since we're halfway there(according to the map) then I guess we should look like a proper group from a noble house now," I said before changing into the dress I have made. It consisted of a dark blue silk coat that reached down to my elbows and a black dress adorned with dark blue frills and ribbons under it that beautifully flowed down to my knees. Paired with black knee socks also filled with dark blue ribbons, and a pair of heels that adorably wrapped around my small feet. My hair was let down in order to better hide my slightly pointed ears.

"Cute…" All three of them blurted out at the same time.

"Why thank you. I've been trying not to say this all this time but I can hear you even if you whisper, you know?" I said which made Lory beet red.

Before Li and Lo could ask her what was wrong I immediately followed what I said.

"Speaking of whispers, why don't you lot get out of the bushes already!?" I shouted towards the other side of the road which was filled with trees and thick bushes.

"Found out, eh? You're good, little rich brat. Mind if we abduct you guys to be sold to slaver-" And his head was cut open with a sharp wave of wind.

"Nope, now the rest of you, get out of the bushes so I can aim for your heads better, and you girls get in the carriage, I want to deal with these ruffians quickly and you lot will get in my way," I said before jumping onto the top of the carriage.

"Young miss, we can use bows!" Li and Lo said as they brandishes their daggers that suddenly morphed into longbows. I forgot to give Lory a bow so she will be sitting this one out. Also, I had my suspicions but those daggers really do change to different kinds of weapons, I'll ask them about it after this.

"I see, then shoot at those that get too close from the windows," I said and got to work after saying, "It's time for a happy tower defense game," and proceeded with sniping the bastards out with wind bullets. I am using wind more now because my control with it is second best next to water.

"This one's a pass! We will all die against these girls!" One of the bigger guys said before I shot his head with a wind bullet, now there were only ten of them left there were twenty-three of them earlier.

"Young miss, we've immobilized the ones that came near our carriage!" Lo said and I nodded in response after looking down from the top.

I then shot the rest of the big guys that were getting far with condensed wind bullets that precisely shot their heads open except two.

I then shot the ones on the ground to kill them off before jumping off.

"Eek! Why did you kill them? We could have just tied them beside the road and some passerby will do the rest!" Li unusually shouted.

"Because that would just get them saved by their friends out there. Now you three, guard the carriage. I'll hunt their base," I said, unwilling to listen to any more of what the twin wanted to say, and ran off into the forest while following the heavy breaths of the pair I let go.

"Now then, since it's been a while since I used this now is a good time. Stealth," I willed my skill and my figure became ethereal like how it usually works, though it felt unusually light. I paid it no heed and continued running between the two big guys that looked like they were at their wit ends.

We soon came to a small camp next to a cave with a bunch of tents around its entrance.

"Boss, bad news! We were almost wiped out and only the two of us survived!" The big guy to my right shouted as soon as we reached the end of the cave.

"Huuuuhh!? The hell happened, eh!?" Another big guy rushed out of a bed covered in a curtain.

"We saw a noble's carriage and thought we could pillage them since they only had a single knight and were all girls, but then their young miss was a powerful wind mage and shot the heads of our team!" The big guy to my left explained.

"Rotten hell, you were done in by women!? Are you sure weren't followed!?" The big guy that came out of the curtains asked after letting out a swear.

"I'm sure we weren't! My detection skills didn't react to anything human!" The big guy to my right said.

"I'm right here though, Nolandro," I said before beheading all of them and storing Nolandro's head into my Blood Stream.

Yes, appraisal stated that the big guy that came out of the curtains was Nolandro. Doesn't hurt to have insurance for when we get to that continent.

"Now then, guess I'll just amputate the arms of the rest of the big guys here and just ignore the thin guys. Too bothersome, but they must have some valuables here," I thought out loud while shooting off wind slashes here and there at the men that aimed for me.

That was until I came to a part of the cave filled with a bunch of chests of dark grey silver coins. I stored them all in my Blood Stream and decided to go back. Then decided not to after remembering something.

"These guys had slaves, didn't they? And that Ahsa might be there, I want her so I guess I'll look around more," I thought out loud again before beheading another big guy. Pillaging the pillagers sure is easy though. They only have numbers and above-average strength. This makes for a good side income. Just hunting groups of bandits and plundering what they had plundered.

I looked around while the big guys that were coming at me turned thinner by the second. They must have turned tails or I just killed off too many.

There were no slaves and I have wiped them all out now, so I headed back for the carriage.

*****

Harem?
  • Only one Votes: 10 55.6%
  • 2-3 Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 4 and more Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 18 · This poll was closed on Jul 28, 2022 01:46 PM.
26