Chapter 41 – Arc 3 – Sounds like you like cats more than dogs?
114 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Say, Jiao, what do you think is the one thing that spreads the fastest in the world? ” Yu Ying asked his niece.

 

“ Ugh., well, Second Uncle, if I had to answer something like that I would say that that thing is Light. ” Jiao answered. “ Because there is nothing that can match the scale and speed of Light once it starts spreading, but I doubt that is the answer that you were looking for? Is it, Uncle? ”

 

“ Umm, definitely not. ”

 

“ Thought so. Is this about the thing I did yesterday? ” Jiao asked her uncle. “ If so, then it must be about gossip that you tried to lead the conversation to. ”

 

“ Sigh, yes it is about that. ” Her uncle admitted with a defeated expression, only to vanish soon after. “ Who was it that came up with that idea? ”

 

“ Well… overall it was Father that decided on the main events that are happening right now. ” Jiao answered. “ But it was me that dredged through it all. ”

 

“ And you have no problem doing it? ”

 

“ Umm… so far my inner consciousness has not shown its appearance, so I am assuming that I am. ” Jiao answered again. “ So, Uncle, will you show me your workplace? As I doubt I will be let inside this building without your intervention. I doubt I would have even been allowed this far if I did not possess the identity that I did. ”

 

“ Sigh, fine. ” Yu Ying agreed and motioned for the guards to let his niece come inside. 

 

Once the guard received the approval they returned to their posts. Jing on the other hand showed the three women inside his workplace. It was a square room with dimensions of five on all sides.

 

On the left side of the room stood a shelf with a table. It was full of scrolls. 

 

On the right side of the room was a table with lots of tools and ingredients placed upon it. 

 

It was however the last part of the room that held the most important thing any Alchemy practitioner held closest to one's heart.

 

It was the tripod furnace. 

 

It was quite bulky with almost a meter in all dimensions, but what made the alchemy furnace so special was what wasn't below it. Unlike a normal furnace, a furnace used for alchemy did not need to be fed wood or other burnable consumables. 

 

That part was taken by the practitioner and the Mantra that they used and expressed by the cultivation stage that they possessed.

 

“ So this is the famous Alchemy Furnace that is used by Uncle. I must say that it's very… chubby. ” Jiao chuckled for all to hear.

 

“ Hihi, that's what I said too when I paid Uncle a visit, for the first time. ” Yu Lijuan agreed with her younger sister.

 

“ Say, Uncle, will you be making any pills today? I wouldn't mind seeing how you work? ” Jiao questioned.

 

“ Maybe another day you can come back and observe but not today. I have nothing scheduled for today. ” Yu Ying answered. “ So, how about you tell me what brought you to me? ”

 

“ Ah, the other day, I was in the Spiritual Herbs Garden shop, looking for herbs to douse my curiosity for something. ” Jiao said. “ Only to find out that the thing that I am looking for is most likely not even there. And when I was about to find out, I got interrupted. So I scheduled a meeting between us in my mind. ”

 

“ Alright. Tell me what you are seeking? ”

 

“ Naturally, Uncle. ” Jiao said with a smile on her face. “ When I asked about it, the clerk at the shop said that almost all products made by Spiritual Herbs are bought or taken by the Guild you're part of. I hoped that you would show me some of them. ”

 

“ Anything, in particular, you're looking for? ” Yu Ying asked, but his niece shook her head in denial.

 

“ Maybe, maybe not. I was hoping to see a large sample of them to see if I see what I want to see. ”

 

“ Fine, I don't mind doing it for my youngest niece. ” Ying agreed but then his gaze shifted from Jiao to her older sister. “ And you Lijuan? Anything you need or are you just accompanying your sister? ”

 

“ Just accompanying Jiao for the moment. ” Lijuan answered.

 

Nodding, Yu Ying moved to the right side of his workroom and began opening the Jade boxes that could be found on it. 

 

Picking up one of them he laid it right in the center of the table and put his hands on the Jade box, and with a smile, he gazed at his guest. “ Jiao, I may not know what you're looking for, but I do have one here that is very fancy looking. It's a very rare fruit here in the Azure Wind Empire because the plant that grows the fruit only lives in harsh yang-infused lands, like deserts. Sometimes it has been observed to be seen near volcanoes, but that is even rarer because those places are regularly combed for treasures. Any treasure that is found in such places will vanish faster than you can imagine. ”

 

Proud of the things that he had come upon, Yu Ying opened the Jade box and picked up the fruits in questing. It was red and from all its sides grew green stalks that made the fruit look as if scales had been infused into its skin. 

 

“ It has two names. The first one is the one that we Alchemist gave it, the Crimson Yang Water Spiritual Fruit. It gained that name because of the environment it usually grew in and the properties of the Qi that it contained. ” Still proud of the fruit in his hand Yu Ying continued. “ The other name is the Red Dragon’s Heart. Red dragon because once it's mature, it gains the red color and dragon part because of the way the skin makes it look like a dragon's scale. The heart is because of the shape it possesses. ”

 

“ Oh, it's beautiful, Uncle. ” Proclaimed a voice, but contrary to how Yu Ying imagined it, the impressed voice came not from the niece that requested to see fruit, but from the niece that was accompanying her. 

 

Unlike the older sister that had an astonished expression and the servant that had an intriguing one, Jiao had a perplexed expression, followed by a frowning one.

 

“ Can I touch it, Uncle? ” Yu Lijuan asked. 

 

“ Naturally but be careful with it. Fang, you too can look at it. It's not like you will see one any time soon. ” Ying answered, and gave them the fruit to touch, feel and examine. 

 

Once the two began exploring it, Yu Ying closed in on his niece who had a frown on her face, and spoke. “ You don't look surprised by seeing it? I take it, you have seen one, before? ”

 

“ I have seen images… I mean I have seen pictures, I mean paintings of it. ” Jiao answered. “ Even back on Earth it was an exotic fruit, so I have neither touched or tasted the said fruit. Although I have read that it tastes like a blend of pear and kiwi, which makes it mildly sweet. ”

 

“ Eat? ” A bit stunned by the said word, Yu Ying quested, for more knowledge about the fruit from his niece. “ Hmm, I don't think I have ever heard of anybody describing its taste, and neither do I know what the two names you just said describe. Is there anything else that you know about it? ”

 

Shaking her head, Jiao denied it. “ Lijuan, let me hold it for a bit. ”

 

“ Sure, here. ”

 

With the fruit in her hand, Jiao began her examination but the only thing that she figured out, aside from its looks, was the type of Qi that was present inside the fruit and the quantity of said Qi. 

 

“ Uncle, how much Qi does this fruit possess? ” Jiao asked, still trying her best to examine the fruit. 

 

“ All Spiritual Fruits depend on the time it has taken to grow. ” Ying explained. “ For those without a Divine Sense to measure it, use the scale-like skin it has to measure it. The more scales the more Qi is present inside it. This one has nine scales so possesses nine years of accumulated Yang Water Qi. ”

 

Despite his explanation, Ying saw the frown on his niece’s face remain. 

 

“ Little sister, is this not what you sought? Why are you frowning? ” Lijuan asked. Tao Fang by her side had a similar puzzling expression.

 

“ I did, but I expected at least a slight variance and not something that looks exactly like it had back in that life. ” Jiao answered. “ This is a different world, from the one in my memories. Its atmosphere is chock full of Qi, unlike that one where no Qi was present at all. And yet, the fruit is still the same. ”

 

“ Miss, you're saying that it should be different? ”

 

“ Yes, for goodness sake, this is a different planet, much less one chock full of Qi. ” Jiao stated. “ Plants just like everything else change over time and adapt to the environment that they live in. Like the composition of the soil, the humidity of the air, and so on. Say, Uncle, can you estimate for how long this fruit has been known? ”

 

“ That is an interesting question. Let me think for a moment. ” With that said, Ying searched his memory as best as he could. “ I remember a few notes mentioning them existing even before the Azure Wind Empire. ”

 

“ That's close to four thousand years, and you're telling me nobody tried to plant something like this? ” Jiao questioned her uncle. ” I mean, yes there are environments that have to be taken into account and all that, but I have seen a gardener plant a Dragon Fruit like this in his backyard and succeed in making it grow. ”

 

“ Of course, it was tried. It just never succeeded in any environment that was not the one that it came from. ” Ying answered. “ In fact, every fruit and plant has been tried at least once, but it never succeeded. ”

 

“ Oh. ” Jiao turned silent for a moment. “ Could it be that Qi became a requirement in seed activation? ”

 

“ That's the theory, yes. ” Ying confirmed for his niece. 

 

“ Still. ” Jiao murmured in a low voice. 

 

“ Miss, if I am not wrong you expected things to be similar but with enough variance, right? ” Jiao nodded to Tao Fang. “ Then, why did you not say anything when the food was presented to you? Should that not have alarmed you before this day? ”

 

“ Ah, that one I can answer easily. ” Jiao answered. “ The staple food that is eaten here is rice. Rice has way, way, way too many variants for me to be bothered about. Wheat has far less but it still has quite a few types. Even then I imagined that plants and fruits growing in a Qi-rich world would have more changes than just 3 or 4 types like this Dragon Fruits possesses. But. ”

 

“ Uncle? ” Jiao said. “ Have you ever heard or seen of plants changing the type of Qi that they possessed? ”

 

“ Personally? No, I have not, but I have heard of rumors that propagated from the Eternal Forest. ” Ying answered. “ It is said that when plants gain sentience they can move to better grounds of Qi saturation and in some cases, they have even changed into different types. ”

 

“ That is an interesting fact. ” Jiao said. “ If so, that would mean that passive Qi is a preserver and enhancer and active Qi is an evolver and enhancer. Fascinating. ”

 

“ With that being the case, has your curiosity been sated? ” Yu Ying asked his niece.

 

“ Somewhat, but I would still love to take a look at the other types of fruits and vegetables that you possess. ” Jiao stated but then another thought popped into her head. “ Say, Uncle, with your profession, have you ever used parts of Beasts in alchemy? Oh, and you can have the fruit back unless you two would like to take a better look at it. ”

 

Hearing that, Lijuan shook her head. Tao Fang, on the other hand, being far more used to the way her Mistress thought, began to think of the little revelation on the words her Mistress had said.

 

Yu Ying took the fruit and placed it back in the Jade box and answered his niece. “ I have but those are even rarer to work with here in this Empire. If the beast gains sentience, they usually migrate into environments with higher Qi concentrations, especially after their strength increases in a stage. Because of that, there are few recipes to work with. Unless a Beast Core is brought to the Alchemy Guild, you will find that materials from Beasts are much more common in the Forging Guild. ”

 

“ Why ask about that? ” He questioned.

 

“ Ah, I have had this idea of finding myself a Beast companion. I thought that maybe you would also know a place in the city I could visit to check out if there were some captured or not? ” Jiao answered.

 

“ Companion? Are you talking about a Beast pet? ” Lijuan, the older sister asked. “ Why would you want one of those? They are ugly and messy to keep. Not to mention dangerous as well. ”

 

“ Eh, those are some specific words to use? ” Jiao commented. “ Have you seen them by any chance? And which type? ”

 

“ Ugh, No. ”

 

“ So you heard it from somebody or is that how they are usually seen? ”

 

“ She probably is repeating what all the women of a higher standing repeated. ” Yu Ying jumped into the conversation between the sisters. “ The only Qi Beasts you will find here in the capital are the dead ones. There is however a Sect in Western Rivers State called Beast Cradle. ”

 

“ Beast Cradle? Isn't that kind of over the top with naming it like that? ” Jiao puzzled.

 

“ Maybe, but when you're the only Sect focused on Beast rearing in the Empire, there is nobody to dispute it. ”

 

“ Fine, at least now I have a destination. Let's return to the why I am visiting you in the first place. ” Jiao said. “ With that fruit, you showed me I am even more determined to prospect the others that you and your Guild have. ”

 

“ I don't mind, but why are you so interested in this? I doubt it's just your curiosity? ”

 

“ Ugh, alright I will say it. ” Jiao finally admitted. “ The regular food that I have been eating all this time has become far too monotonous. I need some variety, and if I find the ingredients that I want I want to make something from my memories. I am sure it will be expensive since everything will possess Qi but I don't need to eat it all the time, maybe once in a while. ”

 

“ Wait, Jiao, you can cook? ” Lijuan inserted the question between her Uncle and younger sister. 

 

“ Well, obviously I have not done it yet since I have Fang for that, but yes, I can. ” Jiao admitted. “ Nothing fancy, but home-cooked meals are on my list of learned skills. ”

 

“ Sigh. That is such a waste. ” Yu Ying commented from the side. “ All that Qi wasted for a fluttery feeling on the tongue. ”

 

“ Think what you want Uncle, but I am doing this. ” Jiao stated firmly. “ I may not be able to reproduce all the good things, but my goal is to at least be able to reproduce a Pizza for myself. May take a bit of experimenting since I only have the barest idea of how to make the cheese for it. ”

 

Hearing and seeing the determination of his niece, Ying had no choice but to shake his head at her wants. Yet, deep down, he knew it was useless to say anything. 

 

Those that had more money could employ Cultivators who specialized in cooking food whether it be plant-based or meat-based. It's much more common in the Empires that were closer to the Eternal Forest, because of the abundance, than it was here in the Azure Wind Empire but even here it happens, especially if meat is on the table.

 

Still, there is one thing in his mind that caught his attention. Cooking and Alchemy had similarities themselves. “ Jiao, could you write down for me some of the processes around food that you know? Maybe I will be able to help you? ”

 

“ Sure, Uncle. But first, let's see if we can find the ingredients that I am seeking. ” Jiao demanded. “ I may not be eating a Pizza anytime soon, but I am hoping to at least find Potatoes and if not them then at least a Chili Pepper. Been a while since I ate anything spicy ”

 

“ Good, then let's go to the vault and see if we can find the things you want. ”

 

***

 

“ You're telling me that nobody among the nobility is buying Beasts? ” 

 

“ I didn't say nobody, but it is close to it. ” Yu Liwei, my father answered me. “ Their scarcity and the low need just does not make it a lucrative business investment. And for the few that want to try it for the novelty of it, can just put forth a request to the Beast Cardle Sect. Yet, even then the venture rarely happens and a long period of time can pass before the request is finished. ”

 

“ That makes sense, in a way, but in another, it does not. ”

 

“ Why? ”

 

“ Because Humans are social pack animals. ” I answered my father. “ We have an inherent need for interacting with others, animals included. If there is no social connection between us, we will find something else to connect to. I refuse to believe that humans will stick to just human company, especially not when they can profess their superiority by possessing something others do not. Like an exotic pet. ”

 

“ Jiao, it may be different in your memories, but here it is different I am telling you. ” My father insisted. “ There is simply no need for such things. The nobility spends more time among themselves for any social need to be fulfilled. Anyone that is not fulfilled usually finds something else to occupy them and the rare few that do seek something else, rarely attempt Beast rearing just for novelty because of the danger that Beasts represent. ”

 

“ Then what about normal animals? Are those too disregarded? ” 

 

“ Umm, that is different. ” Blinking my eyelids for a second I nod for my father to go on. “ There are a few services that do employ animals like horses. There is animal husbandry with pigs, cows, and other animals that are consumed for food, but I doubt you are looking for anything normal. No, you are seeking something more Exotic like a tiger or something, right? ”

 

“ Well, you're right that the thought had crossed my mind. ” I answered. “ I mean who wouldn't, when you see how cute tiger cubs look, but no. I am not looking for anything Feline, they are just too entitled to keep as pets for the current me. I was more looking for something steady in nature, more social, so something from the Canine family like a dog or wolf. Barring that, I could be satisfied with a reptile as long as it's not a snake. I mean I have nothing against them, but I would rather my pet had arms and legs. If nothing comes even from them, I won't bother with the other creatures as I am staying away from anything with a shape similar to insects and similar smaller categories. ”

 

Finally done with my rambling, my father looked at me weirdly for a few moments. Almost as if he couldn't believe that people could have such a variety of pet interests.

 

After he was done processing my words he spoke. “ There are quite a few things that bother me about what you said, but the number one thing that caught my attention is this. What do you mean by entitled? ”

 

“ Oh. ” Thinking for a second, I recall all that I read about pets back on Earth. “Of all the animals that were domesticated by humans, cats and dogs are the most special, because they have become family. Back in that world, dogs are thought of as a man’s best friend. I could list out the many ways humans benefited from their presence, but I won't. Dogs descended from the wolf family and they are the first species humans domesticated, or at least it's thought of that way. Because of the pack bonding instincts, dogs have it much easier to integrate with humans than any other species. Cats are different though, as they were domesticated for their instincts. Making them more solitary, therefore they are more independent. It is for that reason that many have termed them frenemies, meaning they can be both enemy and friend, depending on their mood. ”

 

Seeing my father's eyebrow rise at the wording I continue. “ The reason why they are entitled is that cats can’t be owned. ” Seeing his confusion, I continued. “ The truth is that the cats own you. Unless you treat them like royalty, they won't allow you to pet them. Much less experience that famous purring cuddle behavior that they exhibit when you satisfy their egos. ”

 

“ Sounds like you like cats more than dogs? Especially with the body language, you are exhibiting when telling about them. Your smile only confirms it even more. ”

 

Instinctively correcting my pose, I touched my face for the said smile before hurriedly correcting him. “ Cough, that is nonsense. I love them both. ”

 

“ Either way, I can't help you with that. ” My father said. “ You have heard your destination if you want to fulfill your desire. So make a plan for the future. ”

 

“ Even in the Black Market? ” 

 

Immediately I saw Father still for a moment before showing me a puzzling expression. 

 

“ Come, Father, you honestly don't expect me to assume that there is no hidden trading network in existence. ” Frowning at me for a second I explain it. “ As long as there are those that want to collect taxes, there are those that want to evade them. It's a basic expression of any ruling society. ”

 

“ Sigh. ” With a deep breath, Father exhaled. “ You're right, there is one. But it won't be of help to you. Its purpose is something else entirely. How about you focus on something more achievable. Like the response from the Xia Clan that will either happen tomorrow or the day after. ”

 

“ Father, right now, to me it does not matter what their response is. ” I said to him. “ Unless you calculated wrongly, which I doubt you did, then it will go as planned. I am much more worried if you will be able to stop any interference once Xia Jinjie and I start. After all, Prime Minister Xia has been in the Soul Creation stage for quite a long time, and you are still at Core. ”

 

“ It will be fine. ” My Father in a reassuring tone. “ And in the case that I can't, your First Uncle has come to support me in the off chance that something goes sideways. ”

 

Shaking his head, Father showed a forlorn look. “ Let me ask you one last time. I know it's about your Mantra and I know since we spread the rumors it's kind of bad to stop in the middle, but are you sure you want to go on? Once you engage that boy, you will be at the center of everything. If you feel that you are not ready in any way we can delay it. ”

 

“ Don't worry, Father. I have had two and a half years to improve myself, and last year you experienced my strength. ” I say to him to make him remember the little fight I had with him. “ While it's true that with more time I would gain more strength, now that I have created the Abilities that suited me, I will be fine. I am more worried about my acting skill and not battle skills. ”

 

“ Very well. Just making sure. ” He said to me. 

 

If my ears had not mistaken it, I heard a tiny bit of proudness in his voice.

 

Whether it was real or not, I stood up from the chair, on which I had been resting my ever-widening gluteus maximus. “ Father, unless you have more inquiries in regards to anything, I am due to visit grandma. She has taken a liking to stories originating in my previous life. ”

 

“ What kind? ” 

 

“ Ah, well, it's about a mischievous but innocent boy that wants to live forever and chooses to enter a sect and seek Immortality. ” With that said I gave him a frown. “ To be honest, the culture I was born in, in that life, has stories that just don't function well here in this world if I translate them. There is simply too much difference. So I chose one of my favorites that features Sects, Immortals, and whatnot. ”

 

“ Alright, I won't deny Mother her entertainment. Go. ”

 

Nodding, I made my way outside his office, but before I opened the door he spoke again. 

 

“ Before I forget, there is one thing that I want to say. I… wasn't a good father to Lijuan. My blind love for JiaoJiao has blinded me to her. So… I want to say thank you for giving her a chance at reconciliation. ”

 

“ There is no need for that, Father. ” I replied. “ How it will turn out is up to Lijuan, not me. ” 

 

With that said I exited his workplace and together with Tao Fang who waited for me outside, we made our way to grandmother's place.

 

Once there, we saw my grandma, Lijuan, and her mother Concubine Ye. Aside from them, there was another person, a woman of age thirty in appearance. 

 

“ So you found the seamstress? ” I spoke for everybody in the room to hear.

 

“ Greetings, Young Lady. I am Chong Zhongling. ” With a proper courtesy bow, she continued. “ I was told that you require my needle skills. ”

 

“ Greetings, to you too. But I have to disappoint you for a moment. ” I said. “ I do not need your skills personally, I simply need a skilled seamstress to work on something special here for Concubine Ye. ”

 

“ But before that, tell me one thing. Have you heard the rumors about me? ” I ask her.

 

Immediately her expression knew not which way it wanted to express itself. So when she decided to nod I continued. 

 

“ Good, since they are true. I have memories of a different life. It was vastly different from this one, and today you are here because of one of those differences. I am sure you can imagine what the difference is? ”

 

“ Needlework? ” She was a bit baffled by what I said.

 

“ There is that too, but no. Let me give you an example. Concubine Ye, have you brought it? ” I ask the woman in question. 

 

Unlike what she had shown me so far from her cold face, there was a bit of blush on her cheeks now. Still, she nodded and presented me with a red half apron. 

 

It was diamond-shaped to cover the breasts, stomach, and part of the nether region. 

 

“ I am sure you know what this is and what it represents. ” Seeing her nod I move to one side of the room. 

 

There I summoned my Auril since I can't do it with Qi, to take the shape of a female mannequin that was usually displayed in shops.

 

Once it was there, I tied the du dou as they called this naughty apron. 

 

“ I am sure there are different types but the red one is the most common, right? ” With another nod from the seamstress, I continue. “ It's easy to see why it was made like this. The du dou barely hides the curves when looked at from the front, and at the same time, it exacerbates them when presented properly from the side to entice men into the bed. ”

 

“ With all that said, can you now guess why I brought somebody of your skill here? ”

 

It took her a moment to correlate everything, but when she did, her eyes opened wide at what I was suggesting. “ Young Lady, you want to change the du dou? ”

 

“ Yes, the goal is to spice up the nightlife of Concubine Ye and Father. ” With a smirk I look at the Concubine Ye in question who began to gain more color. “ Now as much as I don't like the fact that only males can be leaders of a Clan, I don't care for the position enough to bother with it. Therefore we need to excite Father to get Concubine Ye pregnant in hope of a male child. ”

 

Still a bit shocked, she looked between me, Concubine Ye, Grandma, Lijuan, and Tao Fang. 

 

They all stayed silent since they had been told of this before and let the women process all this.

 

After hearing the reasons why Father had no more children I had proposed this method as it was the best possible option, without waiting for Father to find another main wife. 

 

After all, she may be a concubine but if she can give birth to a male child, her status would only solidify even more as that was how female status in a household was strengthened.

 

To be honest, I did not care for her Concubine Ye at all, but this was the best method of getting her scheming mind off of me.

 

“ I… I will do my best to not disappoint the responsibility placed upon me. ” The seamstress said as her voice said that she began to feel the heaviness of said responsibility.

 

“ You don't have to worry that much about it. ” I said to her. “ You just have to do what you do best. There is one thing however that needs to be addressed first. ”

 

Saying that I raise my right hand. Above it is a Jade-based scroll with golden decorative flourishing. 

 

“ This is a Contract backed by my Power. You will need to sign it before we begin. Here, take it. ”

 

I said and gave her the scroll. Once it was in her hands I continued my speech. 

 

“ The Contract is very simple. Whatever you see, hear, touch or feel here will be kept a secret until such a time that the contract is fulfilled or declared invalid. ”

 

After reading it, the seamstress gave me the look of how to sign this shit.

 

“ Before you sign it though, I have to tell you your reward if you succeed,” I said. “ I doubt you will be able to reproduce the things I want because the material requirements are different, but as long as it's close to it and it works on Father, I will be willing to invest in your skills. By that, I mean this. I will convince Father to use the Heavenly Jade Association to create a new shop for you. You will become its Head Seamstress and your word will be law in it. In return for the manpower that the Heavenly Jade Association will dedicate to its establishment and everything else included, I will gain 25% of the money earned by your shop for as long as it exists. The other 75% will belong to the shop, therefore it will be on you, on how to spend that money. ”

 

“ What do you think? Is this something that you can imagine yourself doing? ” I asked her while staring straight into her eyes. 

 

For a second I saw fear in her eyes, then jubilation, and then something, yet before I could figure it out, her eyes rolled into her eye sockets and she passed out.

 

Sighing in my mind I voice out my frustration. 

 

“ Damn it, my first ever investment, and the client passed out. ”

 

“ Fang, do you think this is a good sign or not? ” 

5