Chapter – 2
427 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I have changed Daring in the last chapter to Vampire.

We are now steaming west at twelve knots. It has been about five hours and we have not received a reply to any of our messages. Each ship in the fleet has been sending out the same message of looking for help and wanting peace but in different frequencies and even using the signalling lamps even though we cannot see another ship or land.

“Hath anyone did receive a reply?”(Warspite)

“negatife”(Bismarck)

“nahtheeng yet”(Richelieu)1”Nothing yet”

“I regret to sayeth yond I hath't not did find aught myself mine mistress.”(Furious)2“I regret to say that I have not found anything myself, my lady.”

This continued for a while for everyone else as well until we got to the destroyers.

“Contact, ensteeped, three points off starboard bow, fifty metres out mine mistress”(Vampire)3“Contact, submerged, three points off starboard bow, fifty metres out."

“Vampire doth thee hath't any indication of what 't is?”(Warspite)4“Vampire do you have any indication of what it is?”

“Thither is nay sign of 't from the surface and from the hydrophone 't doesn't sound like a submarine but I can hither 't moving. 't is likely something natural mine mistress.”(Vampire)5“There is no sign of it from the surface and from the hydrophone it doesn't sound like a submarine but I can hear it moving. it is likely something natural my lady.”

“Thank thee vampire. All escort vessels keepeth gaze on the target we don't yet knoweth what 't is”(Warspite)6“Thank you, vampire. All escort vessels keep watch on the target we don't yet know what it is.”

While keeping watch on the unconfirmed target we keep sailing on our current course. So far, we have not seen any sign of life but there has to be some out there. The god said we are supposed to be helping some sort of hero. But how are we supposed to find the hero? They could be anywhere in this world. We don’t even know if they are human. If this world is anything like anime and manga there might be more races and possibly a demon lord. While in thought I am interrupted.

“cahntahct, dead ahhead, five miles”(Le Fantasque)7"Contact, dead ahead, five miles."

I look out to the bow of the ship and see something on the horizon. I take a pair of binoculars and look through them towards the horizon. What I see is a group of ships that look to be in combat. There are about twelve ships in two groups with different flags. One half has a blue flag with what looks like a star and the other half has a red flag with what looks like a dragon. The ships are all made of wood and vary in size from small frigate size ships to larger first-rate ships of the line.

What is most interesting is how they are fighting each other. Instead of using cannons or boarding each other, they are throwing things at each other that look like fire and water. Is that magic? Now, what shall we do? We can leave them or we can try and contact them. First, we should do some reconnaissance.

“Furious and Aquila sendeth out a reconnaissance aircraft and scout the battlefield. “(Warspite)8“Furious and Aquila send out a reconnaissance aircraft and scout the battlefield.”

“Aye mine mistress.”(Furious)9"Yes my lady"

“Copy that.”(Aquila)

A few moments later on the deck of furious appears a Blackburn Skua and on the deck of Aquila is a Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II. As they are raised to the deck their engines roar into life. They both begin to take off rolling down the deck and once they had enough speed they take off and fly towards the unknown fleets.

 

(POV Admiral)

 

I am the admirals of the third demon fleet. Currently, we are in combat with the theocracy of Astros. These religious fanatics are once again trying to invade our lands for what reason I do not know especially with so few ships. Do they look down on use that much that they think only a few hundred soldiers will be able to take over the demon lands? 

 

We can hold them back for now but they have greater numbers and better-trained soldiers. Why did they have to have one of their best units with them? 

 

Vrooooooooooooommm

 

What is that? I turn towards the sound and what I see is two metal birds? Flying at unimaginable speeds with a very fast spinning windmill like thing on the front. The metals birds fly over us and then turn and fly back. What are they doing? They keep repeating this pattern for a few minutes until they fly off the back from whence they came. While this happened the battle seemed to have calmed down as almost everyone stopped to look at the mysterious birds. As they disappeared the sound of spells and the clashing of swords began to rise again. 

 

Next to my ship, a theocracy ship comes up broadside. The crew on the enemy ship fire a stream of fire onto my ship incinerating the crew closest to them on the deck. The enemy then connects boarding ramps to both our ships and start boarding. 

 

The crew of my ship prepare to fight along with me. I draw my sabre and join everyone else on deck. Seconds later they cross and board my ship.

 

“CHAAAARGE”(Admiral)

 

“HUZZAH”(Crew)

 

We charge at the enemy sabres raised. I bring my sabre down on my first opponent while they are not prepared. My sabre cuts them from their right shoulder across their chest and continued down. Blood gushes from their wound as they fall to the deck. Moving to my next opponent I swing my sabre horizontally decapitating them continuing with the motion I cut down at the man next to him cutting an artery in his neck. This continues for about half an hour until I start hearing the noise of the metal birds again but this time there are more of them. With a pause in the fight, I look to the sky. There I see a flock of metal birds at least ten of them flying low to the water. These ones also seem to have two wings instead of one like the others. 

 

They fly towards us slower than the others and look like they are flying towards the Theocracies ships. As they approach the Theocracies ships some sort of explosion happens on the front of them and small pieces of metal fly towards the ships ripping holes in the wood and the crew. 

 

Once they get within about two hundred yards of the ship they drop something that looks like a metal tube into the water. Once they are dropped the birds fly back from whence they came. The metal tubes fly through the water nearly as fast as the birds toward the Theocracies ships. 

 

I watch as the metal tubes race through the water and impact the Theocracies ships. One by one they explode ripping massive holes in the sides of the larger ships causing them to flood. Most of the smaller ships have their hull broken in half. The larger ships begin to list and capsize. The theocracies soldiers try jumping into the water and swimming away however they are pulled underwater as the ships turn upside down.

 

What are these metal birds? They destroyed an entire fleet of the newest and most technologically advanced ships with one attack. If possible I need to find out what they are and get them on our side.

Announcement
Before anyone asks we will be continuing with the accents. I'm not sure if I like this chapter so I might rewrite it later.
7