27. Talking with Xie Xinyi, Long Tian Uses A Sword!
876 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

(Early Morning, Next Day)

Today determines top fifty,

Although I really hope I don't run into a tough nut If I do, I can only try and do my best to hold out.

Although I have gotten some useful stuff from the Free Market. The amount of useful items I can get there for an affordable price fluctuates a lot and this was shown to me by how I got literally nothing yesterday even though i spent a large amount of time trying.

This therefore led me to have less time to train.

However this was within expectations.

I Sprint to the arena as although there is time to spare, due to the fact that getting there earlier could leave a better impression I do it.

As long as I think it will leave a good impression, I will do it.

Anyways, on arrival It seems that I am not the only one who thought of coming early as a couple of kids are already here.

Some notable names include Xie Xinyi, Song Ju and our reliable cockroach. However this time he isn't teasing his girls and instead he is attempting to have a chat with Song Ju!

What a guy.

It is very interesting to see the harem magnet not work for once and Long Tian getting his ass ignored.

Understanding that he is annoying her, he moves his attention onto Xie Xinyi...

Well...

Although it went slightly better this time. It seems he will have to put in more effort to be able to acquire her.

Just as I was going to go make connections with some heirs of Medium/Top tier sects as it may be useful.

Xie Xinyi starts walking towards me with haste.

Well fuck.

Although I realised I couldn't run from plot anymore. I really didn't want to get involved with this cold girl who has a talent at attracting attention wherever she goes.

Not only will it cause more young masters to appear around me, it will also cause a lot of the boys here to hate me for taking the attention of their 'Goddess'.

Now that my plans of avoiding her are going down the drain. I decide to have some nice interaction with her, as if i avoid her again it may just make her dislike me.

Plus the Look on Long Tian's face when seeing the girl he tried to talk to was approaching me instead would be fucking hilarious.

After we come face to face, she cups her fists towards me and I do the same (Basically a formality between cultivators).

She then stares at me in silence for a bit then says in her usual monotone voice that in fact sounded very nice,

"Greetings Brother Bu. As I was able to see you again by coincidence I couldn't help but take the opportunity to thank you for your Calligraphy piece as it was very exquisite. I was quite curious on whether you would be interested in exchanging Ideas on Calligraphy with me as I also have some attainment in it and haven't been able to share experiences with someone of a similar age as me."

...

...What The Fuck.

Who am I? Where am I? Is this Real?

Not only have i instantly been called 'Brother Bu' by someone who basically every pre-pubescent snotter here wants to approach.

I've also been invited to discuss calligraphy with her.

Something that these little shits definitely do not know. Hence this will make them look at me as if i was a traitor as male cultivators usually do not pick up cultural things like art until they are older. And only female nobles do such a thing to flaunt their elegance and 'Nobleness'.

Seems like my plan to make connections with some of these narrow minded fuckers isn't possible anymore.

So my next best bet is Xie Xinyi.

"There is no need for thanks Sister Xie as I was merely writing using my mediocre skill. However if you truly wish to discuss some calligraphy with me then you are welcome to as it would be as much of a pleasure to me, as it would be to you."

...

I fucked it.

I definitely fucked it.

Seems like this young body's hormones are slightly affecting me as I am 100% sure i just blushed while saying that (I promise I'm not a Lolicon or Pedo!).

And also used mature speech to respond which will definitely catch her attention even more, and make others look at me as if I was a stuck up bastard who is flaunting his superiority in front of them (I Promise I'm not like those Sky Sword Sect Fuckers!).

She looked slightly shocked by my maturity and also seemed a little excited.

However what I didn't notice was that another girl also became a bit curious.

She then grabbed my hand suddenly and dragged me to one of the waiting rooms where we discussed Calligraphy.

For. One. Whole. Fucking. Hour.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Calligraphy for sure.

But I only see it as a hobby when I feel like it and am not overly into it.

So I was mainly just inciting her to speak her thoughts and I would respond. Basically I listen, She tells.

Through this I got to know a bit more about her (Legally) and although she could be awkward due to her being quite anti-social, by changing the flow of the conversation a bit, we got to talk a lot.

And although it could get boring for a bit, the beauty of her face and all her slight changes in expressions made me understand what it was like when someone said that they could look at someone forever.

After we came back, a lot more contestants were gathered. The spectator area was also now packed with people.

We all awaited for the matches to be made and not long after, the same screen as last time appeared and the Matches were Displayed.

...Long Family's Long Tian VS Chen Family's Chen Bao

...

... Xie Clan's Xie Xinyi VS Xu Family's Xu Dan

...

... Spirit Sword Sect's Bu Cai VS Lu Clan's Lu Chang

...

Not Bad. Someone who won't be too difficult.

Although the little fucker is giving me a stare of pure hatred as he is obviously angry over the fact that his 'Goddess' talked to me rather than him. I've decided I'll just beat some obedience into the little bastard so he doesn't glare at me like that anymore.

Anyways, Seems Like Long Tian may have met his match.

Although the Chen Family's young master isn't here, Chen Bao is also someone who is very impressive.

Seems like I'll be able to see some of Long Tian's strength this time.

And Xie Xinyi, although she has a chance of losing if she is careless.

Due to her ungodly talent at fighting and with the sword, I doubt she will be defeated.

Although that is not to undermine the fact that Xu Dan is indeed very talented, Its just that it isn't enough.

As the fights begin, everyone is focused on the First match between Long Tian and Chen Bao (F for the Mob characters).

Including me.

I can't wait to finally see how absurd his 'Peerless Sword Talent' is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Long Tian Pov)

Facing Chen Bao. I know that this will be different from my other matches.

Chen Bao isn't someone to underestimate. Add on the fact that he isn't looking down on me like my previous opponents (Minus Monk), this will mean I might have to use my sword.

As soon as the judge indicated for the match to begin, Chen Bao uses his footwork to dash at me with extreme speeds and slash at me with his sword in hand.

I instinctively dodge the sword precisely and try to find opportunities...

After a couple minutes of dodging and weaving between his kicks and slashes, I finally find one a mistake and capitalise on it.

However to my surprise it turns out to be a faint, and a sword almost slashes me in half however I quickly draw my sword and block it.

A loud clashing sound resounds through the arena as we exchange multiple rounds of attacks.

Soon I completely overwhelm him and disarm him without any complicacies.

I look around briefly and see everyone shocked at how easily it finished after I drew my sword.

Satisfied by their reaction, I lift my head up even higher and walk off with a proud stride.

How could a mere Chen Bao even contest my path to supremacy?

Everyone is truly narrow-minded and ignorant...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bu Cai POV)

Sure enough, Cockroach's peerless sword talent isn't just for show. He efficiently wiped the floor with an opponent like Chen Bao by simply playing with him using the sword.

And although I could tell he wasn't trying his hardest, even defeating that may be incredibly hard for me...

Let's hope I don't run into him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for Reading the chapter and hope you enjoyed, If you have any suggestions or thing that i could improve on, feel free to comment.

BTW- Xie Xinyi is not in love with Bu Cai right now or any bullshit like that, She is merely curious at the fact that she cannot see through Bu Cai, and that he also is very good at calligraphy. At most she sees him as a friend, but realistically more an acquaintance or peer.

39