33. Rest Day, Talking With Long Zhen (Part 2)
811 6 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Long Zhen's Mansion)

(Long Zhen POV)

I make the guards leave.

I then gesture to him to sit down on one of the other seats and respond to him by saying,

"Why would you want to be friends with me?"

"And what makes you think that you are in any position to be friends with me. Let alone make me a proposal?"

He walks over to one of the seats in a relaxed manner as if this were his own home, and sits down.

He then smiles amicably like always and says calmly,

"Long Tian."

I instinctively frown from the name and wait for him to continue.

"You hate him right?"

This Bastard...

I say to him in a slightly darker tone,

"Have you come here to taunt me? Because you are a doing a good job of ruining my mood."

"Of course I hate him!"

"Wouldn't you hate someone who ruined your future and stole everything that should have been yours?!"

To my displeasure, his smile just widened and he then said words which I didn't expect at all,

"Great! It seems that we are of the same thought."

"I also despise him. He is, arrogant, presumptuous, and a complete braggart!"

"Isn't a friend someone who you share similar ideals with?"

"That is why I have come to make friends with you as, someone who hates him like me, I think we would get along great!"

What.

Why would he hate Long Tian?

Although I can't think of any reason, I can feel that these words are genuine!

I soon respond in agreement,

"Precisely! Everyone constantly sucks up to him as if he were a god. Not only have I now got a terrible reputation, my own family hates me! As well as the time when..."

And so we had a huge rant on Long Tian, afterwards I felt that we had truly gotten closer and I began to accept him.

By the end of the conversation he had suggested we call each other brothers, and I agreed.

I am unsure whether it was just in the heat of the moment or something else but due to this I had felt even closer to him.

I truly felt this could be a lasting friendship!

As it got a bit late, I remembered that he also came for a proposal so I asked him,

"Brother Bu, if i remember correctly, didn't you have a proposal as well?"

"Although i have not known you for long, I believe that you are someone who does not say needless things therefore I want to listen to it."

The atmosphere then became less cheery and he said in a serious tone,

"Brother Long, I will be truthful with you, this proposal is a very risky and long term one."

"However it is something that will offer benefits and opportunities like no other!"

I felt that it was just some risky business to make some money off of, or something to humiliate Long Tian with. However it was far more than that..."

...

"Join me in finding a way to dispose of Long Tian."

...

Did I hear that right?!

K-Kill Long Tian?!

I furiously replied,

"Impossible!"

"Brother Bu although i do respect you, this is something that my family will absolutely not allow. As well as the fact that i will be deemed as a traitor if I try to do it."

"Are you telling me to die?!"

He instantly said back to me,

"Of course not! Naturally there are multiple ways to do this without such consequences. Do you really think I will let a brother die?"

W-Without consequences?

Curiosity got the better of me and I waited for him to continue with a slight frown on my face, however my face soon reflected an expression of shock after hearing him out.

"Brother Long. As you know, Long Tian is publicly recognised as the No.1 genius. This therefore brings the Long Family a great reputation; However if Long Family's reputation soars, what will the other family's think?"

"Plus, long Tian has offended masses of heirs through his arrogance."

"Don't you think that if we allow this to continue, he will lead other families to be dissatisfied by the Long Family and therefore make the already bad relationship between them even worse?"

I understood what he meant.

As someone who had also been trained since young in political matters, I also knew how much of a disturbance Long Tian's presence has been to other forces. Whether it be because of them losing face due to Long Tian disrespecting them, or because of his future potential.

If we are able to get a lot of dissatisfied forces to try and target Long Tian, I can reap benefits from it and the forces can ensure that their face is kept.

However one thing still worries me.

"Brother Bu, I see what you mean, but what about the Long Family. Won't this be detrimental to them? And then what will happen to me without their protection?"

His face soon turned into a huge grin as he said to me,

"Could it be that you have forgotten about who you are?"

"As the son of Marquis Long, you will be the only heir to him and if you put in work to further your cultivation as well as show your worth you will surely be able to get a good position, if not become the Heir."

"Plus, you will have made great connections with the other forces and have brought the family's closer through this which could help catch the attention of the royal family. So what stops you from fighting for your future and becoming someone great?"

...Incredible.

He is right.

Long Tian has numerous flaws which can be exploited, as well as the fact that many Family's find him an eyesore. This is a great idea.

All I will need to do is ensure that everything is clean, and that i handle the aftermath of this by taking the family in my grasps and controlling it well to make sure it keeps prospering.

If i do that, not only could I possibly make a great merit for connecting the families again, I can overcome the shadow of Long Tian.

As I was lost in amazement, Bu Cai got up from his seat and said,

"Goodbye, Brother Long; I hope you think through my proposal and actually fight to be free of the shackles that bind you and become something you want to be."

Goodbye...

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Bu Cai POV)

Walking away from the mansion, I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

That was way too easy, I never knew manipulating someone was so simple.

Just a few logical things mixed in with prospective gains, and he is completely hooked.

I started off by becoming friends with him just to make him feel more comfortable in accepting what I was going to say.

However I think i could have saved time as the dumb ass would have agreed without it.

Hopefully the other YMs are so simple to persuade as my proposal is indeed something that realistically is a very good idea.

Sadly plot exists.

Add on the fact, that I won't be expecting them to win and they are just their to obstruct Long Tian so that I can have time to improve my own strength and change Song Ju's attitude.

They will most likely end up just be meat shields that Long Tian's plot will deals with.

I do feel slightly guilty, but I can only blame plot armour for being so ridiculous...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the chapter and hope you enjoyed it.

If you have any suggestions or feedback then feel free to comment them so that I can help improve my story.

37