43. Nothing Interesting, Buying Stuff
753 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Spectator Area, Arena)

(Bu Cai POV)

This is my first time sitting in the spectating area and all I can say is that it really is impressive.

In just a few minutes, the final matches will be allocated and the huge spectating area, which could easily hold hundreds of thousand if not millions of people, was filled to the brim.

The atmosphere was also incredible as everyone seemed to be full of excitement which somehow made me a lot more excited than i should be, as I already knew who would win.

It truly is incredible.

Soon enough, the same announcer that had always done it came out again and gave his speech and soon the matches were displayed...

Long Tian VS Xie Xinyi

...

Finals: Song Ju VS Winner

...

Seems like Xie Xinyi, is going the first victim to Godking Long.

Although no one else may know, I know for a fact that neither Xie Xinyi nor Song Ju stood a chance against this old monster.

Whether it be in luck, skill, or experience.

All this is set up by the plot so that he can shock everyone, gather everyone's attention, and feel better about himself by boosting his fragile ego.

Tch, If everyone knew this bastard was 400,000+ years old they would definitely lynch the bastard to death for even attending such an event.

Sure enough, both of them could be seen walking up to the stage.

Long Tian eyed her a bit too intensely, mean whilst she stood in position with her hand on her blade's handle which is in the sheath.

The judge soon starts the fight and everyone's attention was focused on Long Tian, who still hasn't drawn his sword.

Xie Xinyi analysed him for a bit while he was standing there casually. She started off her attack by approaching Long Tian at impressive speed and let out a series of swings towards him.

As she continued swinging, it was apparent to her that she couldn't hit him no matter what.

As I watched I could only shake my head.

You old cockroach bastard, do you really enjoy showing off against kids?

After multiple minutes of slashing to no avail and me hearing many people say,

"H-How is this possible?!"

"Long Tian is truly invincible, He is destined to soar to the heavens!"

"Long Tian is what every youth should strive to be like, my young brat at home only complains to me about needing more money for food and how awful training is; Oh how I wish he was more like Long Tian."

Long Tian finally decided to end this by pressing a few points on her body and paralyzing her, he then caught her in his arms and played it cool.

... Fucking Cockroach.

Not only do you not feel any shame for flaunting your superiority over a child, you are now trying to pick up little girls who are eligible to call you ancestor?

Does this bastard not have any moral compass?

Sure enough, the whole crowd went insane and started to praise him as the messiah whilst saying that both Xie Xinyi and Long Tian are a perfect pair.

...Fuck Xianxia.

...

Of course, as an arrogant pest, he stayed on the stage and told the judge that he would like to instantly start the next round.

This then made a lot of people call him presumptuous and shit.

And so the match of the century began.

...

Well...

It ended just as fast as it began.

Long Tian instantly dashed forward towards Song Ju and paralyzed her, he then done the same princess carry and shit just with a smile of pure joy and delight on his face that is usually cold and aloof (MF was probably hoping for this moment for thousands of years... What a desperate creep).

Everyone had their eyes wide open and they roared at how talented he is and the usual Xianxia shit.

Yeah.

That was possibly the most uninteresting pile of shit I've ever seen (and probably the most boring turn of events you have ever read).

So what have I learned by watching this...

1. Long Tian is a shameless bastard who likes to beat kids so that he can feel better about himself.

2. Long Tian will pick up Jade beauties regardless of age.

3. Fuck Xianxia.

...

And then... nothing else eventful happened as I made my way back home.

No epic encounters with cool new people with cool backgrounds, No epic plot twists, no running into pest Tian... Just nothing.

...

WHAT THE FUCK?

WASN'T THERE MEANT TO BE SOMETHING INTERESTING HAPPENING AUTHOR?

...

...

DON'T ANSWER THEN!

...

I decide to make a detour towards the Free market for a last time because I don't want to waste my day; But of course I find nothing other than some weird shit, for example:

===============================

{Identify}

[Item: Immortal's Pair Of Socks]

[Material: Nine Nether Spider Queen Silk ]

[Rank: -]

[Extra Information: A pair of socks that once belonged to a mighty figure until he lost it. Doesn't give any benefits, other than it being a super comfortable pair of socks that was made from material that is overkill for socks. ]

======================================

...

=======================================

{Identify}

[Item: Book Of Hopelessness]

[Material: Spirit Paper, Leather Of An Ancient Bamboo Cow]

[Rank: F]

[Extra Information: Belonged to a man in intense despair, he was someone stuck in a cultivation realm for years with no hope of advancement no matter what he had done.

This book contains his ramblings of sadness and desperation alongside some of his life experiences in a variety of fields.]

==========================================

...

These two items are the only ones that seemed to be somewhat useful, and I was thinking that having comfortable socks and a book on some life experiences of a cultivator wasn't too bad.

So I blew the rest of my money on it because I am a sensible spender.

After leaving with the two of my impulse purchases, I was now official broke again and still depressed...

I got home, had a quick bath, then rag-dolled myself to bed whilst still borderline shitting myself for my upcoming fate of travelling into a land of schemes and uncertainty with no one to rely on...

I really hope everything goes smoothly and Chen Guanting didn't lie to me. Or my days will get much worse...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Just wanted to finally move on from tournament arc and go into preparation arc, So i present to you a chapter of nothing but a little shopping.

I am also planning to have a Time skip soon, however if you have any suggestions instead of the Time Skip, or feel that i shouldn't do it,

Then feel free to comment.

Thanks for reading the chapter and hope you enjoyed.

33