48. Experiences Throughout The Years (Part 2)
730 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I hustled...

...

Unlike in the servant quarters where everyone was older, more experienced as well as more ruthless and scheming than I was. This place was just full of spoiled children who were immature and didn't know anything.

It was here that I could use all my experiences in the past year the most to my benefit.

So I did just that.

...

I began my hustle through something I was quite familiar with, fighting.

Although everyone here knew I was the strongest in my age group, It definitely irked some people. I was sure of it.

Therefore I gave them an opportunity to defeat me, and resolve their grievances and dissatisfaction.

However I knew that no one, even dumb brats, would willingly bet even a penny on a one vs one against me, as they knew it was hopeless.

So to give them incentive, I allowed a simple rule which I knew would make those, arrogant, bloodline-obsessed freaks, grin from joy...

I allowed multiple people to fight me at once...

...

This was an idea which provided me multiple benefits alongside easily earning me a large amount of money.

It perfectly represents the saying, 'Killing two birds with one stone'.

I knew that with this on the table, the Bloodline Supremacists would be unable to turn their backs to it.

Not only would I have I taunted all the people who look down on non-blood related members by allowing them to fight me in groups.

I have also gave them a chance to suppress me, as if they do defeat me I will lose my resources due to me wagering it.

Then if I am defeated once, others will continue to get stronger whereas I will be going in a downwards spiral. And if I revoked my one vs many wager, this will also be bad for me as my reputation will take a hit for my baseless arrogance.

So due to these factors I would surely be able to attract a lot of people, however that isn't the only thing I could achieve from this...

I could use this to stand out among the rest and show my worth!

How could the higher ups ignore someone like me, who is destroying most of their younger generation single-handedly?

The only reason I was not a personal disciple or getting any particular special treatment at that time, is due to the uncertainty of what grade my spirit roots will be...

In fact, I am sure the reason why nobody helped me whilst I was stuck in the servant quarters was because my spirit roots were still an uncertainty.

Because who would needlessly offend a powerful faction for a brat that could end up being a cripple?

Plus... I had also realised after mauling over it, that me going to the servant area and escaping so easily, may not have been due to just my luck and skill...

If someone like me, who wasn't someone blood related, was left to train in the family instantly and dominate the younger generation, then it may breed disharmony between the members.

And even if after all this, I had only been able to awaken a bad spirit root, then it wouldn't have been worth it.

Therefore the higher ups probably all had agreed to send me there, so that I would fall behind for other members to catch up...

Hence if I wasn't actually talented, then I would have truly fallen behind everyone else and the higher-ups would consider me as useless and not talented enough. However if I was able to have a decent spirit root, on top being able to show an incredible talent in combat that blatantly exceeded the rest of my generation through being restrained for a year and but still having caught up...

Wouldn't I instantly become someone who would be greatly valued by the Chen family, regardless of bloodline?

This could also gave the faction which opposes the Bloodline Supremacists the grounds to counter any criticisms or complaints about me when spending resources and materials to nurture me.

...Although this was all just a guess, it is still made sense.

But regardless, this didn't matter anymore. I just had to continue with my idea of promoting myself as something valuable, and then surely the wealth, connections, and power would all come to me. 

And so I did just that...

...

By a couple months in, I was already rolling in the greeny goodness and the golden coins of all those rich brats.

This also lead to me starting to be treated better by the adults around me.

However, my greed grew as time passed.

I began to devise more ways of gaining wealth.

Scamming, betting between matches, gambling.

I had accumulated so much from these gullible kids that hadn't been exposed to such devious means, that I began to get arrogant.

But alas, just like Icarus, I had flew too high and was fated to fall at some point.

And fallen... I had.

...

Due to my huge ego at the time, I had started to get needlessly careless.

Although I had learnt from previous times that arrogance breeds ignorance, that teaching waded away after being accustomed to everything working out for me over a while.

I had grown lax.

And this had led me to lose everything I had built up...

At some point, I thought it would be a good idea to expand my portfolio again, so I started selling things that kids from my previous world were absolutely hooked on.

I got people to make simple versions of fidget spinners and as you would expect, the business was a booming from the very first day.

Over the course of one week, I had gotten such ridiculous amounts of treasures and valuables, that I was unable to count everything!

I felt like a God Of Wealth!

However there was one major issue with my fidget spinner which caused my downfall...

It was well known that in the nurturing facility almost everything went, however one thing absolutely could not be infringed upon, training!

Due to my fidget spinner, It was found out that people couldn't concentrate properly after they had tried it and henceforth had a harder time with training.

After the higher ups found out for this, they were furious.

So I was pulled up for it and although it would usually result in a warning and small punishment, the petty bloodline obsessed freaks made this out to be some sort of scheme to corrupt the Chen Family's younger generation

Therefore I was forced to fork over everything I had made over the five months and further had my access to resources cut for three months.

Through this misery, I have fully understood that...

Greed truly does make a man blind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the chapter and I hope you enjoyed.

I do realise that he isn't technically stealing, but rather tricking people. However I changed my mind as I felt that It didn't fit this environment, if someone like Bu Cai who isn't a cultivator or anything, can just blatantly steal from all the other kids.

I felt changing it would make the situation more realistic and also helps Bu Cai further mature as he know understand how greed can really lead to a huge downfall.

38