52. Heaven Concealing Beetle, Long Tian’s Side Quest?
774 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

...

=======================================

{Analyse}

[Species: Heaven Concealing Beetle (Divine Heritage) ]

[Age: 150 years old ]

[Cultivation: Qi Condensation (1st Stage) ]

[Skills: (Hiding-Proficient), (Crawling-Proficient)... ]

[Inherent Talent: Concealing(SSS-Rank)]

[Background Story]

This young Heaven Concealing Beetle is the descendant of the Divine Beetle and a mature Heaven Concealing Beetle.

He has fallen down to the mortal realm after a freak accident, and has been lost for over 60 years. Although young, this Heaven Concealing Beetle has intelligence that far surpasses ordinary alongside incredible instinct which combined with his strong talents, has allowed the beetle to adapt and survive easily.

The heaven concealing species are considered nobles among beetles, and are only second to the divine beetle species. Once completely matured, is rumored even be able to deceive the Heavens!

Unfortunately, the heavens are impartial to all and it takes millions of years to fully mature as a heaven concealing beetle. This particular beetle is an unprecedented anomaly, as there has never been an offspring between the divine and heaven concealing species.   

Due to it having accidentally flipped itself over and hasn't been able to move for a week. It has grown desperate for help.

Therefore it has decided to reveal itself to you for assistance, otherwise it would be impossible for anyone under Martial Emperor realm to spot it!

 

[Importance in Plot: S (originally supposed to have been saved by Long Tian in another place, then he would help the beetle find home again. Through this action he gets the favour of the beetles, therefore allowing him to acquire god-like herbs and cultivation materials easily.)]

================================================

...

*Gulp*

B-Beetle royalty?!

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE XIANXIA BUGS?!

If there are epic beetles like this...

Then what about the spide...*Shiver*

I quickly derail that line of thought and try to think of ways to persuade this bug from vanishing on me after receiving help.

Although I would like to imagine that this cool looking beetle wouldn't be an ingrate.

However, I am not Long Tian... I don't have the plot armour to back me up in this.

Plus... Why would it decide to stay with me after being freed...

As I approach the upside down beetle prince, I try my best to not come across as a bad person.

I was even considering giving him a pet name to establish some communication, however after thinking about it...

Saying in a stupid voice, 'Don't Worry Little Beetie-Beet, I'll help you soon!' or 'Who's A Good Little Beetle!'

...Doesn't feel right with me.

...

I would die of shame if even after all that, the little guy still didn't stay with me.

Pressed with time pressure and the possibility of the beetles dissatisfaction, I decide to go with the safest yet most risky option...

Play it cool and improvise.

...

What... were you expecting some elaborate scheme?!

I haven't been trained in beetle psychology. Or any bug's psychology for that matter!

SO WE ARE WINGING IT AND HOPING FOR THE BEST!

...

I approach the beetle and kneel down to get closer to his eye level- heard that helps with animals, so why would bugs be any different?

...

I then stretch my hand out slowly and reach out for his semi-transparent yet somehow defined black shell.

As my hand approaches, the upside down beetle's jade green eyes seem to be staring at me with trepidation...

His small black legs starts to wiggle as I'm guessing he is quite nervous exposing himself to someone else.

Then finally... I grab him.

As soon as I touch his shell, I notice it feels incredibly smooth.

Another curious thing is that even though he is absolutely tiny, he weighs a ton!

I resist the temptation of bringing him closer for inspection, and gently put him down on the marble floor...

-----------------

(Third Person POV)

In the spacious and luxurious bathroom, a young man and small beetle could be seen standing on the pristine white marble floor.

The young man had a towel around his waist whilst the rest of his body was bare. The muscles on his upper body were defined, and his ink black hair ran down his back freely, which perfectly matched with his abyssal black eyes.

Currently this young man was staring at a small beetle no bigger than a stone.

This particular beetle had a shiny black exoskeleton which shimmered, It had jade green eyes that looked like gemstones. As well as a glorious horn with a royal gold colour, which seemed incredibly pointy and sharp.

The beetle was staring back at the young man with it's small eyes.

And in between this unique scene between beetle and man, was silence. 

However the young man suddenly made a move which startled the little beetle, yet after seeing what he had done the beetle was confused...

So due to this confusion and uncertainty, the beetle used his natural talent and vanished.

-------------

(Bu Cai POV)

WHY IS THAT LITTLE FUCKER JUST STARING AT ME?!

CAN'T IT DO NORMAL BUG THINGS?

I had came to the conclusion that he would definitely leave if I didn't urgently do something.

With this pressure of losing the opportunity plus being nervous, I therefore had done what my mind subconsciously wanted to do the most...

...Finish my bath.

As I sat down in the warm bath. I couldn't help but lament over the fact that I am a complete imbecile...

JUST HOW CAN POSSIBLY FUCK IT UP SO BAD?!

I look back over at where the beetle once was... and he was gone.

*Sigh*

I close my eyes and use whatever brain I have left to come up with any possible actions I could take to recover the beetle...

Could I tempt the beetle with some food?

...But I don't know what a beetle even eats.

Do beetles possibly like to play anything?

...Never mind.

...

I exhale all my disappointment in one and... get over it.

What's done is done.

I've lost my best chance at intercepting Long Tian big time due to making a huge error.

But mourning over it won't do me any good. Instead, I should now try to think about how this beetle 'side quest' discovery could help me at all.

First of all... what are the chances that Long Tian would just randomly take an insect with him and ascend with it out the kindness of his heart.

Absolutely zero.

That guy doesn't have a heart.

So he definitely would know the value of it. 

So to know that, he must have already known about from his previous life or found out through Yue Mei's cheats or someone else.

Just which one is it...

But this leads to another question which is...

HOW IN HELL DID LONG TIAN TAME THE BEETLE?

Was it just plot, or is he a beetle whisperer?

*Sigh* In hindsight, a cockroach isn't too different from a beetle.

...

All my speculations right now could just be me grossly overthinking it and this could all just be another part of plot's absurdity.

But some part of me still believes that I'll see that beetle again.

And next time I do, hehehehe...

I'll definitely tame that beetle, even if it is the last thing I'll do!

Now not only will I steal Long Tian's millennia old crush...

I'm also stealing his beetle!

...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Thanks for reading the chapter, and I hope you enjoyed.

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!

38