56. Big Secret, Back To The Free Market
726 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

=================

{Analyse}

[Name: Wu Yan ]

[Age: 14]

[Cultivation: 6th Stage of Qi Refining Realm ]

[Skills: (Martial arts-Proficient), (Sword arts- Proficient), (Footwork- Proficient), (Penmanship-Advanced), (Fist arts-Advanced), (Leadership-Intermediate)... ]

[Inherent Talent: Dao Bone, True Dragon Physique]

[Dao: Sword Dao, Wind Dao, Fist Dao, Peerless Dao*

[Background Story]

Wu Yan, is the seventh prince of the Royal Wu Clan of the Divine Sword Empire.

He is the son of Emperor Wu Kang and Empress Chen Xiu. Due to being the offspring of two incredible geniuses, his talent was bound to be nothing short of miraculous.

However even those already massive expectations were trumped, when on the day of his birth a natural phenomena occurred throughout the capital.

This phenomenon came from the shift in he providence of the Heavenly Dao.

The providence shift naturally came from Wu Yan being blessed with his Dao Bone which is an unprecedented occurrence in the first realm.

The awakening of the True Dragon Physique also greatly affected the Realm Laws as True Dragon's were not allowed in the first realm.

With the awakening of both of these talents, his parents deeply spoiled and cared for him. He received almost anything he wanted in life without obstacle. With his talents unparalleled and incredible family, he was supposed to have a bright future filled with great prosperity. Sadly this didn't happen.

After a few years of cultivation, Long Tian had long made the royal family into an enemy. After reaching Martial King Realm, Long Tian slaughtered the Wu Clan in order to receive more cultivation materials for his advancement into greater realms. Coincidentally, he had been able to run into the still inexperienced and unmatured Heavenly prodigy Wu Yan, and Long Tian recognised his physique and Dao Bone.

Long Tian then captured him then dug out his Dao Bone and refined his body into an Ancient Spirit Nourishing Pill.

Future Fate- To die miserably for Long Tian to further his cultivation.

[Importance in Plot: A (His Dao Bone helped Long Tian overcome the tribulation for ascension) ]

================================================

W-What...

What have I just read?!

This is a son of heaven!

Although he met a tragic end, aren't all these buffs a bit too much?

...Plus, haven't I just caught onto a huge secret.

By that I don't just mean the Dao Bone. I also mean the physique.

See, in this world physiques can only be obtained in two ways:

-Awaken it through a natural treasure/herb by pure chance.

-Be born with it.

Naturally Wu Yan has received it from being born with it...But that's the issue!

How could a normal human receive a dragon physique?!

And not only a dragon physique, but a true dragon physique!

Normally humans can only very rarely awaken physiques for corresponding Dao paths- E.g. Long Xue has a Divine Ice Physique which corresponds to the very core of the Ice Dao, Or Yue Mei has the 81 Pure Yin Physique which corresponds to the Life Dao and Yin Dao.

But Wu Yan has a physique which doesn't correspond to a Dao, but rather a race.

Which means... The royal family must have been descendants of dragons!

And not just your run of the mill dragons, but true dragons!

If dragons are compared to the commoners of the race, then true dragons are the nobility!

*Gulp*

Just what sort of huge piece of info have I stumbled across!

If anyone knows about this, then a huge catastrophe would befall the empire.

Just flood dragons are enough get many big Clans and Sects riled up, but true dragons?

Every cultivator in the world would witch hunt them regardless of risks, because their value is astronomical!

Even if the rest of the royalty only have a small concentration, that alone would suffice for mayhem.

I can't even begin to explain all the benefits from true dragons materials, however the main two would be:

-In minor cases it can even enhance someone's spirit root talent.

-In major cases if combined with right herbs then it could even...

*gulp*

...Elevate a person's level of existence.

I don't know too much about it, however elevation in existence simply means becoming a greater life form.

That may not sound overly impressive in itself, however think about just how many binds there are for a race like humanity.

We are born with a weak mortal body, and have to grow up over the course of almost two decades.

We have to rely on food and water to live until we reach a certain level of cultivation.

We have limits in what we are talented in and what we are not.

We all have a limit on our lifespan.

Now think about an absurd species that could be born with the ability to have a talent in everything.

That is what an elevation of existence is. It is something that removes one, or more, of these binds.

Of course this is all theory, and stuff discovered from ancient texts and obviously just one races blood can't do something like that. However it is still shocking that if you combine it with some heaven defying herbs then maybe you could even overcome mortality!

All these thoughts had coursed through my head in a matter of a few minutes, however I quickly snap out of my daze and realise this kid is still in tears and looking dejectedly at the floor.

...

...Just what can I do to stop this crying and get on this freak's good side?

I can't let him hold a grudge against me!

...

Children's stories?

No... He is too old for that.

...

Video games?

...There isn't any here.

...

FUCK!

Think Bu Cai!

THINK!

...

...Nothing.

...*Sigh*

Why am I so dum-

I'VE GOT IT!

HAHAHA, I'M A GENIUS!

If this kid is so obsessed with that vicious girl, then why don't I help him get what he wants?

Not only will, me, freeing him of this unrequited love make me his best friend, it will also get Chen Ru of my back!

'Two birds with one stone' is the perfect expression for this situation.

Hehehe, I can already smell all the brownie points made with the royal family!

...

I speak up with a sincere voice,

"Esteemed Prince Yan, although this may come across as impudent, I want to say that I may have a solution for your problem!"

After hearing me say this suddenly, Wu Yan lifts his head up and looks at me with a frown and a furrows his eyebrows then says with a displeased tone,

"Why should this Prince believe in a devious weasel like you?"

"Not only did you lie to this one's face earlier, you also disrespected this one by pretending to not notice me!"

...

In all honesty, I actually didn't see him. So that judgement is just unfair!

And lying, I didn't lie!

I just didn't know that being handsome and attracting women was a sin!

*Sigh*

He truly is still an immature 14 year old brat.

However even though he sounds this displeased, looking at his eyes I can tell he has regained some hope.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that if he was truly not going to trust me then he wouldn't have even acknowledged me speaking.

I then reply respectfully,

"Prince Yan, you jest!

"How could I possibly lie to you?

"Even if I had ten heads I wouldn't dare!"

"I merely couldn't understand the question as this humble one is light headed after the trip here!

He glared at me and said,

"Hmph, if you are light headed then what good idea could you possibly have?"

T-This pernickety brat!

Can't he just be normal, and accept my excuses?

He then continues and says,

"Hmph, it doesn't matter anyways as this Prince is feeling quite stumped at why Elder sister would even look at a weaselly prostitute like you. So I will be generous enough to give you the opportunity to speak and expose all your sorcery!"

"I refuse to believe that it is anything but sorcery or the prostitute face of yours that enamored my innocent Elder Sister!"

I felt rather indignant at the fact that I was being labelled as a prostitute as it isn't my fault that I was born handsome, however I ignored it for now and started by inviting him in,

"Prince Yan is indeed very generous, this humble one would like to go over the plan in detail inside as how could someone as noble as you want to stand at the door for so long?"

He replied saying,

"Don't waste my time like this with your slimy words, and start explaining to me about your 'plan'!"

"I'll decide whether it is satisfactory enough to proceed with from hearing the first part, then if I deem it good enough then I'll go in."

Seeing him firmly want to hear my plan, I helplessly start explaining,

"To begin with Your Highness, do you know what sort of things Sister Ru likes?"

"Even just the basics."

...Wu Yan instantly widened his eyes.

"E-Ermmm, s-she has never told me about it before."

"I thought that love didn't require knowledge like that, as it matters more about feelings!"

...

This kid doesn't even know what basic things she likes?!

Even I know she loves flowers and jewels!

...Oh god.

This kid needs to be taught... a lot.

I replied saying,

"Does your highness know what her favorite colour is at least?"

He didn't even answer and said,

"So what if I don't know all this useless information!"

"How would that even affect my chances of getting her attention!?"

"Are you playing me as a fool right now!"

...H-He is a lost cause!

How could he not even know that, and still cry over her?

I hurriedly reply,

"Of course it matters!"

"If you think it's useless information then how would you ever expect for her to care about you?!"

"How would you like it if someone who liked you bought something you hate for you?!"

He lowered his head and started to think for a minute, then said...

"I-I seem to have underestimated your skills!"

"L-Let's continue this inside!"

...

I moved to the side and let him in then closed the door...

...

(A few hours later)

(Third Person POV)

*Creeaaak*

The door to Bu Cai's room opens and a young voice could be heard echoing throughout the outside corridor.

"HAHAHA, Brother Bu I seemed to have been blinded by anger earlier!"

"How could I ever be so stupid as to misjudge an intelligent and respectable man like you!"

"Not only are you able to able to make such a great plan in such a short time, you are even so humble about it!"

The boy who said that had an elegant and regal purplish gold robe on. He had long bright blond hair that was tied neatly and a young yet distinct handsome face- one that you couldn't forget about.

This boy was Wu Yan.

The other boy who was being complimented was Bu Cai. He had Black hair, black eyes, and a handsome face whilst donning in a white robe.

A reply to Wu Yan came by Bu Cai saying,

"You jest Brother Yan, this is merely some suggestions from me in order for you to get in the right track and achieve what you want!"

"Although it is a shame you must go right now, I will be seeing you soon!"

Wu Yan started walking away as he finished the conversation by saying,

"Of course I'll see you soon!

"we will be sightseeing the capital together with Elder Sister, then with you passively assisting me alongside following our detailed schedule I'll be able to capture Elder Sister's attention for sure!"

"Goodbye!"

He then merrily walked away.

...

(Bu Cai POV)

*Slam*

Haaaaaaaaa.

Peace and quiet.

FINALLY!

That bastard may have a Dao Bone, but he was completely clueless on how to even talk to a girl properly!

So, of course, I had to give him a one on one lesson on Do's and Do Not's.

After that I had to explain to him the where, when, who, what, why, and then also the plan

To give it to you briefly, in respective order:

-City Centre.

-Two days from now in the morning.

-Chen Ru, him and I.

-Sightseeing around the capital.

-To help Wu Yan acquire his love.

...

The plan will go as follows:

-Re-review everything to ensure everything goes smoothly.

-Meet up with Chen Ru in the morning.

-Persuade her to allow him to join us in this 'Date'

-Get food.

-Have a picnic.

-Go around the town in the afternoon and see all there is to see.

-Get around to checking out some night time entertainment.

-Get Wu Yan and Chen Ru in the optimal mood.

-Then confession.

...

That's the plan at it's simplest form.

Hopefully everything goes well...

...

Anyways, I sit down and think back to what I actually wanted to do before getting interrupted.

Hmmmm...

Hang out with Chen Fei?

Hell no, I heard from the Son of Heaven earlier that the heartless bastard spilled the beans on everything- He didn't even leave out the part about me mourning over losing my Sage Tree!

...

Have a talk with Chen Ru?

No. Nothing more needs to be said.

...

Market?

Yes.

That was it!

The Free Market. Possibly my biggest treasure trove right now.

...

I NEED TO GET MY ASS THERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!

All my fatigue and weariness washes away as I jump up and hurriedly make my way out the room.

I exit the mansion hastily and make a beeline towards the Free Market.

...

As I leave the Chen Clan's area, I run through all the shortcuts and alleyways that I had found years back, and finally arrive in front of a huge market place with swarms of people.

A large spirit sign also lets me know that this the 'Free Market'.

...

Without hesitation, I continue to walk in and hope that some of Wu Yan's heavenly luck has rubbed off on me after all those miserable hours of talking.

...

38