59. Imperial Edict; Terrifying Consequences
786 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

...God help me.

Why must everything that can go wrong; Go wrong?

...

Due to me being the only one who can fly; I was the Uber.

After getting to a safe spot with no one around, We hopped onto my trusty Flying Spirit Sword, and made out way to our Picnic spot smoothly.

Not going bad...Right?

WRONG.

After getting to a scenic spot, we decided to sit under a beautiful tree and look down at the area below.

Whilst a pleasant breeze blew on us, as we savoured our delicious pastries.

The whole hill area was like a mini paradise to be honest; Verdant Vegetation, Cute Animals, Vivid green grass, and Flowers with a variety of colours.

Everyone was in the right mood, and Wu Yan was even starting to implement some of the moves I taught him!

Although Chen Ru was more surprised by his actions than touched, It was a start.

Proud of myself for spotting this place on the way here, I mentally give myself a pat on the back.

However... I celebrated too early.

...

Over the horizon, We spotted Two people flying towards the Hill.

As they got closer, The Two's features and clothing became clear to us.

One Was A Gorgeous Lady who wore light Purple Robes, Jade white skin, and Had Long Black hair which was tied up with a Jade pin.

The Other was an Elegant Man, who had a Majestic Black and Gold robe. His hair was Goldish Blond in colour, Just like Wu Yan, and was very handsome.

They Both landed, then looked at us with a serious expression.

The Man Suddenly took out a fancy scroll, then shouted in his deep voice,

"Prepare to receive the Emperor's Edict!" 

I Instantly got onto my knees, and so did Wu Yan and Chen Ru.

A fucking Emperor's Edict?!

WHY NOW?

AND WHAT IS THIS FOR?!

Soon, The man continues to speak,

"The Emperor has dictated that, Chen Ru, Of the Chen Clan, Is Now Officially Engaged To the 5th Prince, Wu Hai!"

"Chen Ru Must Go Meet The 5th Prince Right Now!"

...

I can barely hold back my shock after hearing the words that has just come out of that bastards mouth.

AN ENGAGEMENT?

DON'T YOU SEE THAT YOUR YOUNGEST SON IS TRYING TO PULL?

Chen Ru says back,

"I, Chen Ru, Of the Chen Family, Will...Comply with The Emperor's Edict."

As she is unable to refuse the order, she stands up and reluctantly makes her way towards The Man.

She has an expression of pure dismay on her beautiful face.

...

The Purple Robed Woman Also steps forward after the Edict and says in a serious tone,

"Prince Yan! I have been ordered By the Empress to bring you back for your lessons!"

"Your mother is truly angry with you this time, She specifically told you to attend your lessons before you can do anything else!"

The arrogant Wu Yan seemed to be have a facade, as he was now acting like an obedient Chick. He responded in a sad and nervous tone to the lady,

"O-okay Aunty Lu, I-I'll go right now..."

He then quickly went to the side of the Absolute beauty and grabbed onto her hand.

Both Man And Women didn't even give me a glance or anything, before they disappeared with both the Children...

...

Has this really just happened?

...

All my plans have been fucked to the 9th degree...

Chen Ru is actually about to marry, the Kid I tried to get her with's, brother.

Wu Yan was a complete fucktard and tried to escape his important lessons for the date.

...

And that hottie infront of me, didn't even give me a glance! (Was My Lowkey Clothing too effective?!)

...

WHAT THE FUCK?????

Is this plot again, or am I just doing all this wrong?

...

(Chen Clan Mansion)

I walk inside and go to the living room where I see Chen Fei and Chen Guanting Playing Go calmly.

They both greet me when I come in, And I'm shocked at how fucking chill they are.

Like, Your sister has just been engaged, and Your Playing fucking Go?

Chen Guanting suddenly says,

"I've Won"

Chen Fei responds by saying,

"*Sigh*,I truly am inexperienced Uncle Guanting, Thank you for the pointers."

Chen Fei then looks over to me and asks curiously,

"Weren't you out with Ru'er, Where is she?"

Oh... He doesn't know.

*Gulp* The fuck am I meant to say this calmly.

Maybe,"Your Sister has been slapped with an Edict?"

Nah.

I'll go with the reliable,

"She got engaged."

...

Chen Fei looks at me blankly and said,

"Brother, is this another one of your jokes?"

...

Fuck It.

"I'm being completely honest with you; We were just spending some quality time together, then some Blond Guy came over with an Imperial Edict and said she is OFFICIALLY ENGAGED to the 5th Prince."

...

*Silence*

...

Hey, we not gonna talk about it?

...

I get that it is shoc-

"IS HE INSANE!?"

"DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANGRY FATHER WILL GET!"

"UNCLE, NOTIFY FATHER IMMEDIATELY, WE CAN'T LET THIS HAPPEN!"

Chen Guanting instantly gets out a token and starts Calling Chen Long.

Chen Fei after screaming, jumps up from his kneeling position and starts pacing around the room whilst muttering things.

...

WHY HAS EVERYONE GONE MAD?

ISN'T AN ENGAGEMENT COMMON HERE?

See...

Due to me mainly only making friends with YM's, planning for Long Tian and other Important Characters in the 'Plot', And Focusing on cultivation...

I barely know anything about the Royal Family and the overall political situation.

This therefore leads me to being absolutely clueless over why they are acting like the world is going to collapse.

Therefore to educate myself a bit, I approach Chen Fei for answers...

"Hey, Brother, Whats the issue with this engagement?"

He looks at me, grits his teeth, then says with rage,

"WHAT'S THE ISSUE?"

"WE'RE ROYALLY FUCKED! THAT'S THE ISSUE!"

"THAT 5TH PRINCE IS A COMPLETE WASTE!"

...

He takes a deep breath and to calm down, then continues in a more composed manner,

"If we let Chen Ru, the only Direct Female descendant of our Faction, marry someone who is only a prince in name, This will mean that our Faction will lose a lot of power.

"Which could give the other factions the opportunity to have our father replaced as clan head, and the Faction who will be able to marry their descendant to the future emperor the new clan head."

"It's A well known fact that our family always marries into the Royal Family, however our family is split into multiple different factions, with the 2 main ones being Us, The Neutralists; Whereas the other is one you probably know about, The Blood Supremacists."

"We have been the Leading faction for a few generations now, But this could easily slip if We marry into a Prince with a completely useless background and no hope of ascending to any position of authority."

"We wouldn't be as alarmed if it was one of the slightly weaker Prince's, or even if said prince wouldn't get the throne but would still be someone of decent status or future potential."

"But the Fifth Prince Is the Son Of An out of favour Concubine, and Someone who has horrible talent and a garbage reputation to go along with it."

...

OH SHIT!

"Oh, I also forgot to explain how horrible it would end up for you If the Blood Supremacist Faction got into power; Last time they were in Power, any Non-Blood Related members that were anything but slaves were killed and tortured indiscriminately."

"If you left the Clan, then you would be labelled a traitor publicly, and therefore no major power would try to recruit you due to having to save face."

"So you would be left to be a slave for the rest of your life, or become a traitorous scum that would be on the run for the rest of your life."

...

*Sigh*

...

Maybe I should have actually paid more attention to the Politics...

BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE A SLAVE TO THOSE PESKY INCEST-OBSESSED BASTARDS!

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I hope all of what I wrote makes sense. But I haven't explained it well, I'll give you a summary:

-5th prince is useless.

-Chen Ru is engaged to him.

-Not good as faction that Chen Fei and Chen Long's Faction will lose any chance of having a good son in law and connection in royal family.

-Due to having a horrible and Useless son in law, The faction which will marry the prince who becomes emperor, will get a huge boost in authority and power and therefore may threaten the Neutralist factions Standing.

-Due to 5th Prince not being able to have anything to show for himself to rely on, The Neutralist faction will have to step down.

-If the 5th prince had become a general/Minister or a powerful cultivator, then he may be able to deter and help the faction, or if he had a strong background to rely on then he may be able to rely on them; But he doesn't.

Not sure if that helped, and if there are any plotholes or logical errors that I have overlooked, then I apologise.

Anyways, Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated as always.

Bye!

38