64. First Day Over; Trouble In The Chen Family; Past Mistake?
747 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

(Start Of The Fight)

Currently, I'll just watch from the side. I hold no connections or opinions on either sect, so won't bother cheering for one side.

"Let the fight begin!"

The referee calls it, and both fighters instantly clashed with eachother.

I was quite shocked by their speed, as it was close to mine and I was someone with King grade roots. Though, I wasn't expecting this to be a walk in the park as a lot of competitors are like these two and are eighteen years old.

As I continues to spectate, I also noticed that their mystical arts were more skillfully and creatively implemented than me. They used each technique fluently and smoothly.

Seems like I am still lacking in areas even though I am more talented. I keep these factors in mind for future training and to look out for in matches against older competitors.

Clashes and clashes constantly rained down from both sides ferociously. No clear winner could be identified.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder whilst watching. I turn around with confusion and annoyance wondering which fucker is disturbing my viewing experience.

I soon see a tall and handsome man with an amicable smile on his face, he is dressed in light blue robes.

What does this guy want?

He introduces himself as Brother Gu and says asks why I am not donning a light blue robe.

I answer honestly saying I've got no connections with either sect and therefore don't want to support one over another...

That is when his amicable smile dropped and his facial expressions turned serious.

He began preaching to me about popular 'myths' about fence sitters and started smearing shit all over the Cloud Refining Sect.

And...I was hooked.

There is a chance that I may remain a beta cultivator who can't pull?

My father could be cucked due to not opposing the disgusting cuckhold Sect and therefore my family may no longer be complete?

I WON'T ACCEPT IT!

Even if there was a MINUSCULE chance that this was actually true.

It isn't zero.

Not taking any risks, I instantly snatched the light blue robe from the good senior who helped prevent my family from no longer being a family and put that shit right on.

Brother Gu soon had his smile back as he went back to screaming so many profanities that even I felt inferior in shit talking to him.

Deciding I should join in, just in case, I begin screaming at the top of my lungs as well.

And time passed.

The match progressed and once it reached the end...

Anti-Climactic was the most fitting word to describe it.

Both ended up fainting due to exhaustion at the same time therefore leading to both being disqualified and therefore... a draw.

As you can imagine, everyone was enraged and I am sure they were more than willing to continue it themselves, however the administrators of this shit weren't there for nothing.

Leaving with a final insult, I scream...

"FUCK ALL OF YOU FILT-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SCREAM SUCH VULGARITIES AGAIN IN THIS GODKING'S PRESENCE"

"BU CAI YOU DOG BASTARD!!!"

...I was called?

By who?

I look around and soon spot the perpetrator.

A boy around my age who is caught up in the sea of people shoving each other to leave can be seen looking at me with a furious glare.

Dai Huo again?

Why's this little fuck fuming at me?

Does he know about my grand scam?

Surely not-

Ah well... I can't be bothered with his shit right now. I tactfully avoid him by merging into the sea of people and make an easy escape to my personal viewing area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(After Day One Is Over)

...BORING.

Is this what it feels like to look down from the top?

As you'd expect, both my matches were piss easy.

Sun Ting took a couple punches then forfeited, whereas my second opponent was a weak dumbass.

The only good things about today was being able to catch up with some YMs as well as see Song Ju and Xie Xinyi in action again.

Never got to talk to them though as they both instantly disappeared after the matches.

Obviously... Song Ju is representing the Song Family.

And Xie Xinyi was representing the Extreme Yin Palace. Rather expected is you ask me.

Cold Beauty + Sect with only women = Perfect place for her.

They both fucking obliterated their opponents and made every horny male in the crowd go nuts.

Yep, As you would expect, they also became more beautiful.

Now all I am waiting for is Long Tian to show himself as the bastard definitely isn't missing this.

The rewards are very tempting for the first place, and the special prize from the royal family will 100% be some good shit.

...

I make myself back to the mansion and decide to focus on attempting to breakthrough.

Of course, the huge mansion is empty as, Chen Fei is out doing whatever he wants, Chen Ru is locked up by the royal family, Chen Guanting is away back to the Clan, and Chen Long is the patriarch so is definitely doing important shit.

I go up to my room, lock the door, then sit in a lotus position and circulate.

Fun...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Chen Clan, Inner Elders Hall)

(Third Person POV)

"Chen Guanting!"

"Tell us where Chen Long is right now!"

In a luxurious hall, a bunch of men a sitting around a large table in a circle. Each one is of a high position.

The man who is currently shouting and calling the patriarch disrespectfully is the head elder and faction leader of the Blood Supremacist Faction.

He has a short and clean black beard with a skinny frame and snake like eyes. His name is Chen Fu.

Chen Guanting replies,

"Currently the patriarch is out on official business and has put me in charge inste-"

Suddenly a roaring laughter came from Chen Fu.

"HAHAHAHA, DOES HE REALLY THINK HE CAN ESCAPE HIS DEMISE BY HIDING?"

"Chen Gaunting, HOW DARE YOU."

"A mere dirty half-blood son of a whore like you thinks he can talk on equal terms with me?!"

Chen Guanting grits his teeth but still replies calmly,

"Do not bring your ideals into this discussion, I am still part of the Chen family and have every right to get this authority."

"now tell me. Why have you called for this priority meeting?"

Once again, Chen Fu bursts into laughter and says,

"HAHAHAH, WHY?

"ISN'T THAT OBVIOUS?"

"How can we allow such an important role, such as the Clan leader, to someone so incompetent?"

"Fellow Elders, I believe you all know about the current situation. Not only has Chen Long made a horrible mistake years ago which almost ruined our Clan, he is also completely irresponsible!"

"He has married his only daughter to a useless prince with no future and also nurtured an OUTSIDER!"

"Are we going to allow a repeat of that tragedy all those years ago?"

"I DEMAND A REALLOCATION OF THE PAT-"

Chen Guanting could no longer hold back his rage over and yelled with anger,

"CHEN FU!"

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING UP THE INCIDENT FROM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!"

"AND THE VERY OUTSIDER YOU ARE DISCREDITING IS AN ABSOLUTE TALENT WORTHY OF NURTURING!"

"Don't you dare speak such ridiculous nonsense again!"

...

Silence filled the entire hall. All the other important elders didn't have the nerve to speak in such a situation between the two top factions' dispute.

...

Chen Fu then spoke out with a tone of disbelief and put on a facial expression of pure shock.

"C-Chen Guanting..."

"H-How can you disregard the events that happened all those years ago?"

"Don't you remember all innocent lives of our dear family lost due to the misjudgment of Chen Long?!"

"Don't you recall the devastation caused by 'Him'?"

"Don't you feel saddened and angr-..."

He soon stopped his sentence midway and made an expression of realisation alongside a small grin.

"...Of course you wouldn't..."

"As that monster was your beloved older brother..."

"...Wasn't he?"

...

.

.

.

.

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

Feedback is appreciated as always.

33