69. Final Day; Monk Tian Doesn’t Give A F*ck
865 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

(Arena)

Another day, another live audition of teenagers beating each other for entertainment.

I'm currently getting the pep talk of two lifetimes right now from whiny bitc- Good Brother Chen Fei.

"You must put on a great performance today!"

"Although you may be the most insolent little brother in history, I still pray for your glorious victory!"

"So WIN, Even if it isn't for me, AT LEAST DO IT FOR YOURSELF!"

"TATAKAE!..."

...

...Well.

By pep talk of two lifetimes, I forgot to add 'Shittiest' before the pep talk part.

And even if he was motivating the living fuck out of me, It doesn't change the fact that our neighborhood protagonist is currently a mini calamity disguised as a humble little monk.

...Fucking bastard.

Anyways, I interrupt his speech by saying,

"Do you think I don't know that I have to do well?!"

"But there are many glaring problems in the form of monsters in the shell of adolescent children, down there!"

"Even my current power, can only take me so far..."

...

He doesn't say anything and just sits down.

We both await the spirit projection to reveal the matches.

Five minutes later, It presents itself to the audience and I take a look...

...

Extreme Yin Palace's Xie Xinyi VS Song Family's Song Ju

...

Chen Family's Chen Cai VS Buddhist Sect's Monk Tian

...

Shit.

Haaaaaa, guess it's finally time.

Slumping back on the chair, I let out a weary sigh as I am not hopeful for this one.

Chen Fei jumps up excitedly and says,

"You've got this Brother Bu! Even though that monk seemed to be decently strong, he isn't anyone I recognised before this tournament so he surely isn't so great!"

"Your luck is incredible!"

...

Deep breaths Bu Cai.

Take. Deep. Breaths.

"Why aren't you jumping up and down over this miraculous match up?!"

I CAN'T ANYMORE WITH THIS BASTARD!

"NO! I WON'T BE FUCKING JUMP UP AND DOWN IN GLEE!"

"DOESN'T YOUR DUMB ASS REALISE THAT THIS 'MONK' IS SUSPICIOUS AS FUCK?!"

"THINK FOR FUCKS SAKE. TIAN. MOTHER FUCKING TIAN!"

"DOES IT RING ANY BELLS IN THAT HOLLOW HEAD OF YOURS?!"

Chen Fei's eyes widen a bit after thinking about it, and he blurts out,

"L-Long Tian?!"

"But isn't he just a cripple?"

...

"Clearly not my dear brother. CLEARLY FUCKING NOT!"

...

Chen Fei slumps back on his seat like me, and exclaims ruefully,

"Oh shit Brother Bu, It seems like I've misjudged your chances."

"Your basically getting fucked by everyone left in this tournament."

"Guess heavens do not favour the less fortunate ones this time, my dear brother."

...

Where is the motivation when I need it, you bitch.

...

Since this is top four now, the remaining fights are going to be done one at a time therefore I have exactly as long as Emotionless Empress sweeps Xinyi to formulate a plan that will allow me to cross realms and defeat our good ole Godking here.

And I won't lie, the chances of me going full Sun Tzu on this shit are as high as my motivation right now.

Fucking minuscule... if you didn't catch my drift.

*Sigh*

Is it going to be my turn receiving a vicious beatdown now?

I know it would be hypocritical of me to say it...

But I don't want to get brutalised, especially not by that fucker Long Tian!

*Sigh*

...What a 'beautiful' day this is.

...

-------------------------------------------------------

(Long Tian POV)

...

Chen Clan's Chen Cai VS Buddhist Sect's Monk Tian

...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Heavens are not blind!

I am finally able to start my revenge on that ignorant and presumptuous peasant!

I instantly feel my mood become much better, and I focus my attention towards the upcoming fight between my beautiful wife, Song Ju, and the other woman I have decided to conquer in this life, Xie Xinyi.

In my previous life there wasn't anybody compared to Xie Xinyi, so it would be a injustice to not make her mine, After all...

EVERYTHING WILL BE MINE IN THE END!

...

As expected, although Xie Xinyi put up a valiant effort, she was still bested by my Song Ju.

It matters not though, as I am currently making my way onto stage with excitement at finally being able to beat some of my built up frustration out.

As I get on stage, I finally come face to face with that peasant.

His eyes show unexpected wariness and his face is neutral, neither expressing fear nor arrogance.

He holds onto his sword and is ready for to fight.

Hmmm, seems like this uncouth low life at least has some semblance of a brain to not underestimate me.

But this doesn't matter, his awareness means nothing in front of my absolute power.

I'll simply use my intricate footwork and disarm him, then humiliate him on stage to everyone.

Hehehe.

I pull out my simple looking staff, which is actually made from the bark of a semi mature enlightenment tree.

This something I found in the treasury of the Buddhist sect.

I got to go in there for saving them from a crisis by purifying their heart devils which were close to turning them into fallen monks.

I am also able to have this hidden Identity due to them.

It truly was a good choice for me to help the monks, as they make sure to repay favours and kindness ten fold.

...

I soon hear the judge say,

"Let the battle begin."

Such music to my ears.

I instantly blink away from my position and appear next to him.

I then strike out with some force, and expect him to get blasted away just like my previous enemies.

Because who could truly contest me?

But instead of feeling my staff dig into his flesh, I feel nothing...

...WHAT?!

I dodge the incoming slash from him, and yet again strike with my staff at his weak point...

HE DODGED AGAIN!

IMPOSSIBLE!

I separate myself from the engagement using my speed and take a closer look at my opponent once again.

...

H-He has his eyes shut?

Although I used the staff in this tournament to blend in as a monk, I also used it as it is my weakest area of expertise out of any weapon.

I don't even know any techniques.

But even then it shouldn't be like this!

I-I am the Absolute Ruler!

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DOMINATE THIS TRASH REGARDLESS!

I grit my teeth and use my footwork to the maximum my body can take, and once I am in optimal range, I let out another swift stab with my staff.

This time I feel a small hit on my staff which shifts the trajectory of the staff and he dodges.

...I see.

I didn't notice this before as I was being complicant, however I finally understood why this isn't going to work.

Due to me not knowing anything at all about staff technique, I can't combat him when he does this...

What a devious peasant.

Even to the end he uses these pathetic tricks to prolong the inevitable. Truly someone I must exterminate for the greater good of this world.

I decide, it's finally time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person POV)

All the spectators watched this match with full attention.

Just the sheer speed executed by Long Tian peaked their curiosity and also stunned them.

Yet Bu Cai could actually react to that and counter that?!

Both sides were inconceivable and unpredictable to the masses.

And that's what they derived thrill from!

As they waited for the third engagement to happen, the Monk who had rose to fame recently done something unprecedented...

He changed his weapon from a staff which most monks used... TO A SWORD!

W-What?!

Everyone in the audience went into an uproar!

H-Has the Monk gone insane... Or rogue?!

...

--------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Remember, the downfall to being overly skillful is that your body will limit you.

So although Long Tian has great footwork techniques and skills, it still isn't enough to make him invincible.

So Bu Cai is able to focus all his attention into dodging and shifting Long Tian's unskillful and clumsy staff strikes away from him.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

33