72. System Reward, Start Of Yet Another Training Arc
980 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

...

=============================

[Congratulations, Host has left a deeper impression on the main heroine, Song Ju]

[Subsequently, this has caused a deviation in the future of Fortuned One, Long Tian, and therefore affected the 'Plot'.]

[Host will be rewarded with one chance to use Analyse, or Identify successfully on any individual or item that is higher than Host by three major realms or less in power level.]

===============================

...!

What a great way to end the day!

Not only have I received some great herbs for getting third place in the tournament, I now also have a free scan for anyone up to pinnacle of martial lord realm!

This new reward from the System could easily assist me in avoiding a dangerous situation or help with finding a great treasure!

Additionally, I can also now sleep better knowing that cockroach's efforts only resulted in me getting benefits.

What a charitable person he is!

After having received good night wishes from the System, I shut my eyes and drift off to sleep with a smile on my face.

------------------

(Next Morning)

*SLAP*

I was suddenly awoken by an intense stinging sensation spreading across my cheek. My eyelids fluttered as I began to wake.

Just which bastard would disturb my sleep like this?

I soon got my answer in the form of a shout in my face from a voice I recognize.

"WAKEY, WAKEY, YOU FLOOR LICKER!"

Ughh, why is he being like this?

I call out to him whilst in the midst of coming to my senses and say in an irritated tone,

"Chen Fei! Why do you think doing this is alright?!"

"Have you lost your mind, or do you really think I won't teach you another 'lesson'?

His footsteps started to get more distant and quiet and he replied to me in a clueless and innocent tone by saying,

"Do what?"

"I was just helping my good brother wake up in time for the training this morning!"

"I also came to remind you that you have fifteen minutes to get completely prepared and go to the garden. Otherwise you'll have to deal with father's anger which, trust me, isn't pleasant."

...Training...huh.

Once I am fully awake, I quickly look around the room to find that insolent bastard, only to see him gone!

...

He DARES to feign ignorance?

Does he take ME, Bu Cai, as a joke?!

I was feeling really quite annoyed by these course of events.

Yet I still calmed down, took a deep breath, and let it slide.

As it was true that he had saved me from being late, although he had done so in a rather rude way...

Anyways, I hurriedly got myself prepared for the morning training by sticking on a new white robe, and then quickly made my way to the mansion's garden.

It was just a large with patch of grassland with some trees, and it wasn't anything fancy or beautiful but really simplistic instead.

Standing in the middle of this large field was Chen Fei and Chen Long. I quickly approached them, and done a bow to Chen Long.

Now that all of us were there and all the formalities were out the way, it was time for him to tell us about our training. In all honesty, I was really curious about what type of training this would be.

Whether this would be somewhat similar to what my father had made me do before, or if it will be something completely new.

Chen Fei and I were standing side by side facing Chen Long who was in front of us.

Chen Long began to talk,

"Both of you are probably wondering what type of training this will be, whether it is just teaching you how to execute your mystical techniques more efficiently, or giving you pointers on your cultivation... Right?"

Both of us nod our heads in confirmation.

A smirk appears on his face as he continues,

"Well then you would be wrong. Do you both honestly believe that me helping you do something you can already do yourself will allow you to survive in an inheritance realm of unknown possibilities?"

"Who says that the inheritance realm isn't a trap of some sorts? Or rather than it being created by some righteous and kind hearted old fellow who wanted to pass on and continue his legacy, it is in fact the inheritance of an evil cultivator which requires slaughter and danger to receive?"

"Will having slightly more refined techniques really help that much?"

We both nodded in agreement to his words.

But my nodding was currently covering up my thoughts that were in turmoil.

Did he really just say that it isn't confirmed to be a good inheritance?

I thought this was all checked and surveyed!

I had initially thought this would be your usual:

-Inheritance of a mighty figure of the past that everyone somehow knows.

-Young geniuses compete in some predetermined set of trials made by the one who made the inheritance.

-Whoever wins (Presumably MC) gets their hands on it mean whilst all the others get enraged and tell their elders after losing.

-Winner (MC) then gets ganged up on but does a reverse sweep on them and gains reputation, jade beauties, and more enemies.

...But it seems I am too naive!

Chen Long keeps talking after seeing our responses,

"Rather than that, I will be training both of you in areas which are vital for cultivators, and will maximise chances of survival."

"The Inheritance realm will be opened in six months, so I have split this training into three sections, each will be done in two month blocks."

"There is no slacking or going back from here on out, even if you feel like you'll die you will continue without complaint!"

"Any last questions?"

Chen Fei once again nodded his head indicating he didn't have a question, however I stuck my hand up.

After getting Chen Long's attention I asked something I have wanted to for a long time,

"Since I'll be entering this dangerous realm with possibility of the worst happening, could I have some time before entering to be with and see my family again?"

Chen Long smiled at me and said,

"I'll allow you to do so, only if you do well in these next few months."

"So make sure to put in maximum effort!"

After hearing his reply, I grew determined to put my all into this as I was growing homesick from not seeing my family in years. I thought about them from time to time wondering how they are doing, and wanted to have a nice long chat again with them whilst having a meal.

"The first block will consist of training one of the most important tools of a cultivator. Something that can save your life in perilous situations or allow you to make a correct decision spontaneously..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"The sixth sense."

...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

36