77. An Opportunity, Scary Sun Qiu!
604 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bu Cai POV)

...

==============================

{Analyse}

[Name: Sun Qiu ]

[Age: 21]

[Cultivation: Golden Core (Peak Stage) ]

[Dao: Spear Dao]

[Skills: Spear Mastery(Half-Step Master), Footwork(Expert), Martial Arts(Proficient), Battle Instinct(Proficient)...]

[Inherent Quality: Valiant Beauty (A)]

[Inherent Talent: Spear Soul(Unawakened), Heart Of The Spear, Absolute Spear Physique(Awakened) ]

[Background Story]

Sun Qiu, is a member of the Sun Clan in the mortal realm.

She always had an unnatural draw towards spears from a young age, yet repressed it. However, this all changed when she awakened her Dao physique- The [Absolute Spear Physique].

The [Absolute Spear Physique] is the purest Dao Physique for the Spear Dao and was something that compelled her towards the spear. When cultivating with the spear she could gain the purest and truest insights.

After a few years of cultivation, she caught the attention of the Empire's Spear God, Tian Xu, due to her heaven-defying spear talents and quickly became his disciple.

Due to being under the tutelage of Tian Xu, her cultivation soared alongside her reputation.

She reached the level of spear master and could slaughter people at higher realms.

Due to her master being someone who valued integrity and righteousness, she naturally put great emphasis on those values as well.

She always felt slightly guilt for leaving her younger brother all alone during his toughest days, however, doesn't concern her that much as she hates him now due to his weak-willed attitude.

Recently she has been desperately trying to get her hands on any medicine or find any reputed and trustworthy doctors in order to heal her master who had recently fallen ill due to a ****. Hence, she had come back to the Sun Clan to see if the Clan has any remedies.

Her true identity is a-

Power Level is not sufficient enough to find out more.

[Importance in Plot: A (Sticks with Long Tian through thick and thin because he saved her master who she treats respects the most) ]

===============================

...I'm not even going to comment on how absurd she is- Are Dao physiques just cabbages nowadays?

I've also been blue balled by the fucking system, as it didn't give me her true identity. I mean, couldn't you have just given me a few more words?!

I wondered who she really was, maybe she was the reincarnation of a mighty figure?

A child of destiny or something like that?

...Ahhhh, whatever.

What does all that shit matter when I might've found what I needed to solve my issues?

A master that's fallen ill?

My smile widens ear to ear, and I start laughing hysterically.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

I turn to look at Sun Ting and feel even more exhilarated.

Why?

Because I had found it.

A way to win!

A method to catch that seemingly unkillable cockroach, Long Tian.

My body shivered in ecstasy, and I clenched my fists tightly.

Sun Ting saw my sudden change, and his expression turned strange.

He asked hesitantly,

"B-Brother?

What's gotten into you, are you someone who gets excited from being given the cold shoulder by beautiful women?

I've heard there are perv-people like that, but I never expected you to come out like this..."

What was this bastard even saying right now?

How could you even misunderstand to this extent?

I regained my composure and said calmly,

"No, you dumbass.

I'm excited because I've just unlocked the path to heaven, asshole.

So let me enjoy myself a bit, and don't ruin the mood!" 

He looked at me incredulously and said,

"What sort of heaven have you found the path to, fetish heaven?

Dear god Brother Bu, you've actually deviated this mu-Keuk"

I was sick of his shit, so gave him a light punch to the stomach and focused on my first step toward achieving victory.

I looked up at the two-story estate and shouted,

"Sun Qiu!

A certain birdy told me that you're in a desperate situation currently!

Come down here and we can discuss it, I promise you it will be worth your time!"

Before I even finished, the sounds of frantic footsteps could be heard from inside and by the time I was done talking the door to the mansion was wide open again.

This time Sun Qiu no longer had an indifferent and cold expression on her beautiful face, rather, now she had a serious frown on her face and hostility was wildly leaking from her.

She stared at me for a moment, then blinked out of my sight in an instant and knocked out Sun Ting who was behind me by chopping him on the back of his neck.

Then before I could even realise what happened, I felt something sharp poking into the back of my neck.

A cold sweat trickled down my back, and my childish excitement had been smothered instantly.

I understood that I could definitely die here if I didn't handle this situation cautiously.

Her cold voice rang out behind me saying,

"You will answer all my questions now.

If I get a feeling, no matter how small, that you are lying..."

The spearhead inched a bit deeper into the flesh of the back of my neck and I could feel the blood starting to flow out.

*Gulp*

"Who are you?"

"M-My name's Bu Cai, I'm part of the Chen Clan and Sun Ting's long time friend."

"What exactly do you know about my 'desperate situation'?

As she asked that, her tone became even more serious.

"I know that your master, the Spear God, has been deteriorating. A-And I know that you are trying to find ways of healing him."

She seemed to think for a moment before asking,

"Hmmm, how have you found out about this?"

"..."

"What's wrong 'Bu Cai', the cat caught your tongue?

Or do you just not value that head of yours?"

The spear penetrated even deeper, and a sharp sensation of pain assaulted me.

The only thing I could think of was,

There's no way I can explain to her I've got a System!

That's like rule number one of having a golden finger!

Without any choice, I lied and said,

"I received a note this morning, and it told me of your master's situation!

I honestly don't know who it was!"

...

Suddenly, the pressure dropped and the spearhead was no longer digging into my neck.

I sighed in relief at the fact that it was over, and felt glad she wasn't like Xie Xinyi, the human lie detector.

I stuck my hand on the back of my neck to cover the wound, and asked carefully,

"S-So, will you give me a chance to heal your master?!

I guarantee I can do it!"

It was the truth, I had my free analyse and was sure the System could identify the issue and even solve it to an extent!

Her beautiful face was back to a neutral expression, and she thought for a moment before her mouth curved up into an ambiguous smile, and she said,

"Sure, I'll trust you if you answer one more question of mine!"

Yes!

This is exactl-

A familiar impulse was suddenly triggered in me as if I got shocked.

It told me to...

..DUCK!

*WOOSH*

As I crouched down, I heard the sound of a clean slash above me and the voice of Sun Qiu saying simultaneously in a calm tone,

"How would you like to die?"

...

I instantly retreated 30 meters back and looked back at Sun Qiu, horrified.

She was fully intent on decapitating me there, and I knew if I hadn't gotten a hang of the sixth sense before, then I'd be a corpse on the ground.

A shiver ran down my spine as I saw her calmly exclaim with a smile on her face,

"Wow, you were actually able to dodge that?!

I wonder how long it'll take me to kill a bold liar like you?"

*Gulp*

I had shot myself in the foot!

This bitch was psychotic!

I yelled frantically,

"I'm not a liar!

I really can heal your master, and I can swea-"

DODGE!

I rolled to the left and then quickly tried to get back up, only to see a smiling woman appear in front of me with the tip of her spear falling down on me.

It was terrifying, I couldn't do anything.

The difference in strength between us was insane, and nothing could close the gap.

As a last desperate attempt, I shouted,

"I PROMISE I CAN HEAL HIM!!!!"

The death sentence in the form of a spear stopped mid-slash and was retracted back just a few centimetres away from my neck.

"Hmmm, people who think they will die won't usually lie.

So at least that's confirmed!"

She turned around and started to walk away leaving whilst saying,

"I still don't fully trust you though, so you'll have to prove it to me first. Maybe, heal my brother's constitution and show me you have some ability, only then will you get the right to treat someone like my master.

And final thing... everyone who has seen my master before is dead, other than me, so it's impossible that anyone could tell whether he had deteriorated or not.

Hehe, I'm looking forward to seeing your capabilities!"

...

What the fuck just happened?

Laying on the ground around 40 meters from the mansion, I sighed wearily.

I looked to my left and saw an unconscious Sun Ting, then turned back to face the sky and thought to myself,

Haaa, just what the fuck was I thinking nonchalantly saying something like that?

Especially to a twenty-one-year-old cultivator whose reputation comes from hunting criminals?

Noted that I'm never doing something stupid like that ever again. But who'd of ever thought she was batshit crazy?!

Values integrity my ass!

...

"Hey Brother Bu, why are you laying on the ground bleeding?

Are you on your period?"

This bastard really... Haaaaa.

So I now had to heal this guy for you then, and only then, I would get the qualifications to heal your master?!

Did that bitch think this was a buy one get one free deal?

Tch, she should count herself lucky that this was my original intention anyway.

Plus...Since she wanted proof she'd have to be watching me.

So what better chance would there be for Sun Ting to get over his 'mental demons' and prove to his sister that he wasn't a complete loser?

Calamity and opportunity really did go hand in hand after all!

...

--------------------------------------------------------

Author's notes:

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.

I've also changed it from Bu Cai and Chen Fei staying a week in the capital after the tournament to a month in the capital after the tournament.

Therefore, there are now 22 days remaining of time in the capital before the travel back.

As always, any suggestions or things I could improve on are welcome.

 

28