Chapter 1: I’m a…Dragon!?
728 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Where am I?' 

This was my first thought when I woke up. For a moment my body felt pleasure. I felt as if someone was smothering me all over my body. However, slowly my pleasure turned into pain...an unbearable pain. 

I felt as if all of my limbs were bent at an unnatural angle and my heart was being pricked with thousands of needles. 

Believe me, it was excruciating. I was trying to move and squirm but I realized that I was inside some sort of a closed structure that was forming a 'wall' around me and was preventing me from moving too much.

Amidst the pain, I clenched my mouth and tried to push the closed structure around me. 

Surprisingly, the 'wall' around me did not pose too much resistance. When I pushed the wall a little, cracks started appearing and light started to pour through the cracks. 

The hope of me getting out ignited inside me, and I excitedly started to push again, but this time a little harder. After some time, when I felt that the cracks were wide enough for me to get out. I stopped pushing and squirmed through the hole made in the 'wall' by me. 

When I got out of the 'thing' that was keeping me closed, what greeted me was the most breathtaking view of my entire life.

In front of me stretched a vast green forest for as long as my eyes could see. The sky glistened with stars and the moon illuminated the dark sky with its gentle light. The mountains in the distance beautifully reflected the light and gentle moonlight.

If I was a poet, I could have written thousands of poems from this beautiful view alone.

However, I did not get to enjoy my 'sightseeing' for too long because as soon as I got out, my stomach started to rumble...I was hungry. 

My hunger was so intense that I felt like if I did not eat any food, I could die at any moment.

When I looked around to see if there was anything I could eat. I saw that behind me there was a man-sized broken egg. 

'Why is a dry broken egg here in the middle of nowhere?!' It took me a while to process but I eventually understood 'why' the egg was here.

'Heh?! How in the fucking hell did I come out of this egg before?? Am I... Am I not a human?!'

However, I did not get to think too much because my hunger overcame me and a huge urge wanted me to devour the scattered eggshells.

I was not strong enough to resist the urge with my current hunger, so I let the urge take over me, and devoured the broken eggshell like a ravenous beast. Though surprisingly, the shell tasted a lot better than what I thought it would be. It was sweet with a mild sour. 

After finishing every last bit of the eggshell, my hunger finally calmed down and I gave off a huge burp.

"BURPPP!"

Suddenly memories and pieces of information started to flow into my mind. I somehow instinctively knew that these memories were very important, so I looked through these memories very carefully.

 Through these memories, I got to know that I was currently in a different world named [Zephyrus]. In this world, there were many different races other than humans. Demons, Angels, Titans, Gods, Dragons, Spirits, Elves, Dwarves, Beastmen etc could be seen along with their many other subspecies.

Also, I'm was also not a human anymore, I was an infant dragon with an unknown father and mother and was born in a forest situated on the continent of Elvaria. This continent was one of the largest continents and was mainly ruled by the Elven race. 

There were many more continents ruled by different races. Each race had a different system of heirarchy, social believes and different methods of specialization. Each of the different major races, ruled over different continents. Examples were such as the Rilno continent ruled by the humans, the Selaka continent ruled by the Beastmen, the StoneBridge continent ruled by the Dwarves, etc. 

However, the Demons, Angels, and Titans, were different from the other races. As they were spiritual lifeforms, they had their own realms. Their realms were namely The [Abyss] from where the Demons originated, [Heaven] from where the angels originated, and [Terra], from where the Titans originated.

The Dragon's too had a realm of their own, however a dragon could only enter the Dragon realm when it reached a certain level of power. Until then the dragons had to stay in this plane of Humans, Beastmen, Elves, etc.

Although not being human doesn't bother me too much, however, it is not easy adapting to a dragon body after being in a human body for so many decades.

After eating the eggshell, I inherited the most basic knowledge of this world and of being a dragon.

I also got to know that, every dragon had a true name, which if they ever mentioned to others, they could cause direct harm to the dragon's body through some forbidden means. 

A name popped in my head, My own 'True' name was..."Fexes Gem Dranocian Omisa Lapela Blac Draven Ohemso."

I instinctively knew that I could not mention this name to anyone because if I did, then my life and death would be for them to decide.

Oh boy, looks like my life is gonna be very hectic from now on.

__

Next Chapter: [ Dragons don't run]

29