Chapter 2: Dragons don’t run
644 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Honestly, I was shocked at the fact that I was a dragon. I was an ordinary guy from Earth until recently, so no matter what...accepting the fact that I'm currently a dragon now would take some time.

Presently I was sort of a classic Western Dragon with 2 newborn translucent wings on my back. I stood on 4 legs, and my whole body was cladded with greyish scales which reflected a tinge of blue when the light fell on them.

My height was about that of a normal adult human being back on Earth, that is about 2 meters while my whole body stretched almost 4 to 5 meters...including my tail.

The two wings on my back were big. They almost spanned over 6 meters. I gave my wings a swing and I could feel the raw power in them. I had black sharp claws and jagged sharp teeth in my jaws like that of a crocodile. My horns protruded at the back of my head and were about 30 cm long.

Now that I see, after I became a dragon my strength increased many times over. My body surged with newfound strength and vitality. I am now certain that even though I was a baby dragon hatchling, I could easily destroy one of those battle tanks back on Earth with ease or send someone's head flying with just a slap from my claws.

Nodding happily at my strength, I grinned a little. Although, maybe if some humans from Earth saw my grin with my teeth-baring, they would probably pee and faint on the spot.

Looking at the surroundings, I was atop some sort of a cliff on a hill filled with trees. For now, I wanted to go down to a nice place to stay and think of ways to survive in this unknown world, because who knows what type of abomination or scary monsters I could find in these lands?!

Wait, now that I'm a dragon...shouldn't I be able to do the most classic 'Dragon' things?? Yeah, I should be able to spew flames and do some cool magic...right?! I don't know anything about how to wield cool magic though..hmm..let's just go with my ability to spew flames!

I stretched my neck upwards while keeping my limbs firm on the ground. I kept my tail straight like when a cat gets angry and attempted to suck the air of the environment. I slowly opened my mouth, put pressure on my neck, and tried to imitate the dragons I saw on the TV spewing flames.

I breathed out the air that I had stored while hoping that flames would come out of my mouth.

The result you ask? I looked like a crazy dragon on top of a cliff on a hill with my tail as straight as a pole all the while my neck stretched up and breathing like I had run a 10-meter long marathon.  

I closed my mouth in embarrassment and covered my face with my wings although there was no one to look at my crazy performance.

'I am never trying this Dragon Breath thingy ever again.'

After some more minutes of me covering myself with my wings, I took some deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself. 

After some time I went inside the forest searching for a suitable place to live in this vast forest, most preferably a cave.

The forest was very dark and cold. The trees were gigantic, almost 40 to 60 meters long. The leaves at the top of the trees formed a thick canopy that prevented sunlight from entering the forest, making the entire forest seem gloomy and eerie. Occasional animal roars and birds chirping could be heard echoing through the forest. 

In this environment, I was carefully searching for a good place where I could be safe from this unknown world. 

I found some caves and small covers where it was safe and the place was good, but the problem was that those caves were too small for me. I had to find a bigger cave so that I could fit my body easily. However, before entering any cave I made sure to see if there were any animals inside.

Although my human life was not good at all... I at least had a house to live in. Being out here in the open doesn't suit me, although, maybe when I will get used to being a dragon, I will not have these... silly problems. 

After searching for a few more hours, and finding nothing suitable to live on, I was dejectedly about to head to that same cliff where I was born, when I saw a big cave some distance away from me.

Excitedly I ran towards the cave feeling relieved that I found a place to live. I completely forgot about checking if any animals or some other creature were living inside.

However, when I got close to the cave, a huge wide arc of light came at me from inside the dark cave at a very fast pace. For some reason, my instinct screamed at me that the arc of light could very well injure me. I followed my instinct and decided to dodge.

I tightened my muscles and sprang like an arrow to the side dodging the arc of white light.

The arc of light flew and hit a tree back. The arc of light chopped the big tree trunk and kept on going in the same direction. After chopping some more trees in the same direction, the arc of light finally dispersed.

And all of this only happened in only 1 or 2 seconds.

I looked towards the cave cautiously. Whatever it was inside the cave, could hurt me with that light attack. 

My human mentality screamed at me to run away and hide. However, for some reason, I was also excited to fight and wanted to stay.

My dragon instinct overcame my human mind and I chose to fight instead of running away. 

'Yea, Dragons ain't meant for running away. Whatever you are, you attacked me first, be prepared for the consequences.' I mumbled softly while looking toward the cave entrance.

__

Next Chapter: [No Mercy!!]

22