Chapter 8: Orc Village
445 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mass release, Chapter 3 of 3

Enjoy reading!!

___

Mana, a common term that is used when it comes to magic. Mana is the energy that allows the individual to bend nature to his/her own will and command them to do his/her biddings. 

Some races cannot wield mana, some have the potential to awaken mana while very few which have a 100% possibility of awakening mana. But there are a very scarce number of races that are native to magic and using magic becomes as easy as breathing for them.

These are legendary races and mainly include the Demons, Angels, Titans, Spirits, and Dragons. All of them are powerful races with a long history and they are known throughout the world. 

When our dragon boi from Earth was fighting against that ape monster he came in touch with Mana for the first time. 

For other species, their magic power furnace is their dantian (their stomach) where all their energy and magic power is stored. However, the magic of dragons mainly stems from their hearts. A dragon's most important part is its heart. Every dragon's main forte is its vitality, strength, and magic. Without magic, they cant be called dragons. 

Usually, a dragon's heart automatically starts to collect mana from its surroundings when the dragon reaches a certain age. But our MC awakened his heart at a very young age.

When the ape gave a hard punch against our boi, that's when his heart 'awakened' and started to collect mana from the environment at a very rapid pace.

Of course, our MC doesn't know these things and he would just have to keep on guessing to find his answers.

___

It was my guess, but it would explain the situation very well if my guess was correct. I knew what was mana. Although my former life before was horrible to be exact, as a kid of my age, I did read some manga and novels. So I knew the term 'mana'. 

If my thinking is correct, maybe...just maybe my ability to use mana awakened with my fight with the ape.

There are a lot of possibilities, but I chose to ponder on them later, currently, I needed to go back to my cave and take a long rest to recover from my fight with the ape. Although I did not have any flesh wounds and no bones were broken, that punch from that ape still hurt.

"Let's go Fallen" I spoke in my mind to Fallen.

She did not argue and quietly sat on my tail. Then I quickly went off towards our cave. On my way there I was wondering about a lot of different things, like 'What was mana??', and 'Could I use it again??'. There were a lot of questions in my mind, but there was a bitter lack of answers.

For a moment when that mana first brushed against my scales, I felt so familiar, as if it was bound to come sooner or later. 

After a few minutes, I finally reached my cave. I slumped down on the cold floor of the cave and laid my head on the hard stone floor. 

Fallen too got down from my tail and came to lay near my head. I let her rest near me as I enjoyed her warm body against my head.

After some time we both fell asleep and went onto the land of dreams.

___

Domi's POV

A few minutes earlier...

In a distant village towards the mountains far from a certain dragon and wolf pup, a muscular humanoid with big tusks and red skin was walking towards the area where he just now heard a loud sound. 

This was Domi, one of the Orc explorers and the strongest soldier in his village. He was a muscular Orc with red skin and a bald head. He had big yellow tusks which were protruding from his mouth. He was a rare variant of the Orc race that is rarely seen, a berserker Orc.  

He was dispatched here by his chief to look for the source of the mysterious loud sounds coming for the last few. Domi was not a coward, so he was naturally not scared and did not object to being sent here alone. 

When he got to the source of the loud sounds, he saw a winged lizard blasting a blackish cyan beam towards a big ape monster. The beam was so thick and powerful that Domi could even see the space bend around it.

Domi was simple-minded, so when he saw this opponent blasting the big ape to nothingness, he thought that this lizard would come for his village next. 

He did not think anything else and went back to his village to report this to the chieftain. When he reached the village and told the chieftain about the lizard, the chieftain knew that this could be a dragon. The chief was old and smart. He has even seen a dragon once in his life that he still brags about, so when Domi reported the lizards' appearance, the chief knew that this had to be a dragon. 

The chief knew and heard stories about how dragons used to wipe entire continents with a single attack. So he was naturally scared at the idea of a dragon coming to his village. 

The chief called a big meeting of the elders about the future of the village and ways to prevent that. 

___

Next Chapter: [ Flying is not too bad!]

19