Chapter 9: Flying is not too bad!
364 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A.N: Arc 1 will be finished quickly ( I mean I will not rush the story, just that this Arc will be shorter than the other Arcs.) But worry not cause the real story will start from Arc 2, and it will be much longer and better than Arc 1. (I think so...)

And keep the positive reviews and comments coming, they motivate me to provide you with more quality writing.

Welp looks like I spoke too much, will not disturb your reading from now on...Enjoy reading!! :)

___

After resting for a couple of hours, my pain from that big ape's punch gradually started to subside.

Fallen was still leaning on my head and was dead asleep. She was tired from all the hunting we did, so I did not move too much and let her rest. Finding nothing else to do, I began scanning through the inheritance memories I got from eating my eggshell.

After inheriting the memories, it was stored deep inside of my mind. It was almost like a file folder saved on a computer and I could access them anywhere and for as long as I want. 

As I was scrolling through the memories, I found something that had intrigued me a long time ago, but I never really got the time to think about it for too long because of all the hunting and exploring. 

I was always interested in my 'true' name that I had been given by an unknown being. Some day ago, I tried to search in my inheritance memories, about who gave me this name, but I did not find anything about the being who named me.

In this new life, I was not planning to keep my old name 'Kento', which was given to me by my 'parents' in my former life. So I had to take a new name instead of the old one... And what better than to take my true name as my name....but...From this inheritance, I also learned that if I ever mention this name to anyone, then my fate would be for them to decide. So I could not tell anyone my true name. These memories did not say how they could damage me or if there are ways to avoid this predicament, so all I could do is hide this name forever and never mention a word about this to anyone.

But leaving these things aside, the being who named me must have a very bad naming sense. Like who the hell names someone such a big ass long name?! Like seriously, should I take a part of my true name as my name for now?! Hmm..., yea, let's do that, okay so from my true name, 

"Fexes Gem Dranocian Omisa Lapela Blac Draven Ohemso" let's take...Blac?? Neh...hmm...Ohemso? Nope, then...for now, let's go with Draven, yea let's take Draven as my name for now. 

Making a slight nod with my dragon head I rose in excitement from my new name. However, this led to Fallen, who was leaning on my head to fall off and waking up while landing on the hard cave floor.

Fallen let out a few howls and started to give me a death stare. I swiftly avoided her gaze with a smirk and turned around to look at the blank cave wall.

Seeing my response to her stare, she kept on howling at me and came at me to bite me. I paid her no mind as my scales were not even going to have scratches from Fallen's biting.

As I was having fun like this, I suddenly remembered that I had a very important thing to do. 

I had to learn how to fly!! I had almost forgotten about this. Okay so from the stories I heard about dragons in my previous life, they learned flying while being thrown off a cliff?? Would I also have to do that to learn how to fly?

Hell no! I'm not jumping off a cliff and then dying a wingless chicken's death. I'm going to try to learn how to fly from the ground. Feeling motivated, I went off in the direction of the mountains as there were fewer trees there and the vegetation was less. 

Fallen hopped onto my tail as I started to walk.

"Master, are we going out to hunt?"

"Not this time Fallen, today we will be doing other things," I said as I gave her a small smirk.

Fallen was truly confused because her master would only go out of the cave if he had to hunt or explore. Fallen was a pup, a child, so all she has seen and learned in these few days with Draven, were to hunt and explore. So when her master said that today they will be doing something different, she couldn't help but be confused. But she decided to keep quiet and see what is going on in her master's head.

After some time, I arrived at a clearing. I told Fallen to get down and go a little backward. Fallen followed my order as she went to stand a little behind me.

I went a little forward and took a good look at my translucent wings. I had grown a little in the last few weeks, so my wings were a little bigger than before. They were huge with a span of almost 7 meters. 

When I flapped them a little, I could feel the wind being pushed down by my strong wings. I was not a bird before and I didn't study how the birds flew, so I had no idea how to start with the art of flying. So I just started by flapping my wings vigorously. 

My body did lift a little but it was only for a brief period. Then I lost my balance and fell face down on the hard earth. 

I shook my snout intending to shake off all the dirt that got inside my nose and face. I did not give up and kept on trying. I flapped my wings and kept on falling. I tried different styles of flying and various patterns of flapping my wings, but I just flew for a brief period before I fell. 

A few hours passed as a certain dragon in a forest clearing, kept on falling on the ground and again kept on getting up. 

When the sun was starting to set, I finally got the idea of how to stay in the air and not fall face splat on the ground. I had to flap my wings in a certain rhythmic motion, not vigorously. To get up in the air, I had to push the air toward the ground, and after I got up in the air, I had to push the air with my wings towards my tail to keep moving and not fall. I don't know if this is the same for every flying creature, but with my wings, this is the way that helps me fly the best.

Simply put, I was trying to be a hummingbird trying to stay afloat in a single place. But I had to try to fly forward, only then could I, a dragon, stay and fly in the air. 

Presently after getting used to the flight, I wanted to take off in the air and explore the area flying. Although I was not 'excellent', it was still manageable. 

So I took Fallen and motioned her to get on top of me. When she got on, I immediately flapped my wings and took off into the air. Fallen did not expect me to take her and fly, so as soon as I flew up, her eyes widened in fear as her muscles tensed up and she almost became like a statue. Her body was tensed as if she had been given a 10,000-volt electric shock.

She was laying on my tail with her claws strongly gripping my scales without the slightest intention of loosening them.

I did not mind her and instead, I started to look around myself. Although the sun was almost about to set and it was getting dark, I could see my surroundings. The east swamp, western forest, northern river, and the southern mountains. (Holding my cave as a center) 

Some distance away from me, there were huge mountains. They towered above all and one could see these mountains from many miles away. I flew to a nearby mountain I started to fly towards the peak of the mountain. The mountain was very high, so there was naturally a lack of oxygen, however, this did not stop me from going atop the mountain. After some time I reached the top of the mountain. I stood on the peak and let out a loud and deep victory roar because I learned how to fly and currently succeeded to fly to the peak of this humongous mountain. 

"ROARRR" 

The sun went down and the moon came up as the silhouette of a dragon appeared for all to see. Feeling satisfied I flew off towards the direction of the cave with fallen on my tail.

However, what he didn't know is that this little performance of his will drag him into the conquests of the world of Zephyrus.

___

Next Chapter: [Preparation for War]

13