Chapter 11: Massacre (1)
342 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I reached the cave, the sun was about to rise and the sky had become a beautiful orange. I went towards the cave and slowly started to descend.

I leaned back a little and slowly flapped my wings to land softly. Seeing that I had landed, Fallen, who was clinging to my tail until now, howled and jumped down from my tail. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she started running towards the cave as fast as an arrow. 

'I guess she did hate flying huh!' I thought. However, even seeing her antics, I did not pay it too much mind as usual and started dragging the corpse of the rabbit inside the cave.

Fallen was quietly sitting in one corner of the cave and was giving me a stare that screamed, "I'll kill you if you dare do that to me again."

I did not mind her and started tearing away a piece of the rabbit's big fat hind leg and threw it to Fallen. Although she was angry at me for taking her to the skies without asking her, one could see the greed that she had in her eyes when she saw the rabbit leg I threw toward her. 

She hesitated a bit...but eventually she gave up on her anger and took my offer. She greedily jumped towards the leg and started tearing away at the meat.

I too did not waste any more time and started to chomp down on the meat of the big rabbit's body. My sharp teeth easily pierced and tore the meat as if it was butter. The meat was good, to be honest, it was tender and soft with a sweet creamy texture added to it. As soon as the meat fell into my mouth, my eyes widened in shock at how good the meat tasted. I wasted no time and started to tear and eat the meat as fast as I could. 

'Do dragons get a stomach ache when they eat too fast?? Meh, even if I do get a stomach ache, this meat will be worth it.' I thought as I gulped down large amounts of meat.

After a few minutes, my stomach was swollen and I gave a big burp as I finished my meal. Fallen too liked the meat just as much as I did. She was currently laying on her back and was fast asleep. Seeing her asleep and finding nothing else to do, I too went off to sleep. 

__

When I woke up from my nap, it was already noon outside. The sun was shining brightly and the wind was blowing gently. Fallen was still asleep, so I did not wake her up. I got up and went towards the entrance of the cave. 

I looked at the scenery of the sunlight slowly falling from the little holes in the canopy above. Those little sun rays lit up the forest as they fell on rocks, plants, trees, etc. As I looked at this scene my thoughts again began to wonder. 

'It has been almost 1 month since I was reborn as a dragon. At first, I was confused about the situation and did not know what to do, but then I slowly started to adjust to this world. I started hunting and exploring, defeated the mantis, then the most important moment in this life of mine, I saved Fallen from the hounds and she became my best companion. Heh, it has been one hell of a ride until now.

I wonder, if I wasn't reborn as a dragon, would I have to still keep on living with my horrible family back on Earth? It is truly bizarre if you think about it now.'

As I was thinking about these things, suddenly the trees around me began to shake. I quickly went on my guard and gave a small roar for Fallen to wake up. 

As soon as Fallen heard my roar, she woke up from her nap and came toward me to see what was going on. Seeing me keeping my guard up, she too quickly got into an attacking stance.

Suddenly many green-skinned people began to pour out of the bushes. There were about 20 of them and each of them was holding some sort of weapons like maces and machetes. They were bald and had tusk growing from their mouth.

Are these Goblins? No, it can't be... the ones in front of me are too big to be called Goblins. If they were not Goblins, then what were they?!

I was not so well-versed in the fantasy terms, so I could not tell what creature it was. The green-skinned creatures suddenly began charging at me. 

Seeing that a fight was about to occur, I could not help but give a small smile. Though in the eyes of others this would be a way of provocation by showing me teeth, for me it was pure happiness.

Fallen bared her teeth and was about to rush in, when I signaled her to stop.

"But Master! You should not be dealing with these insects. Let me deal with them."

"Fallen...until and unless I do not tell you, you do not interfere in this fight. Understand"

Fallen reluctantly nodded her head and stayed put where she was.

I quickly brandished my claws and with a few flaps of my wings, I flew up. I wanted to try Ariel combat with these guys, so I decided to fight while flying. 

The green-skinned roared and started to hurl big rocks and pebbles at me from the ground. I dodged them swiftly as I swooped down and beheaded two of them with one swipe of my claws and punctured one's chest with my tail. I threw the limp green-skinned with a hole on its chest off my tail. 

I again took off to the sky and circled them. 'Shitt!! Why are all green-skinned so weak. Like...Ugh, where are all the strong ones like that mantis hiding!! I thought that I would have a good fight here as all of them were burly with a big amount of muscle mass. 

But all of them fell with only one attack from my claws. Is it because I'm a dragon that no one is my match? Heh... I am now feeling dejected to get my hopes up on these stupid greenskins. I flew down towards the Earth and sat at the entrance of my cave.

"Fallen, do me a favor and finish our guests here. You were right, I should not waste my time doing these uneventful things."

Hearing my words, Fallen's ears suddenly perked up. She started wagging her tail and howled in excitement.

She then went off to finish the other green-skinned men.

A.N: Sorry for the late chapter, I had some domestic problems so couldn't write. I will try to provide you with chapters timely during this period.

___

Next Chapter: [Massacre (2)]

14