Chapter 12: Massacre (2)
316 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Domi's POV

Yesterday, after the appearance of the dragon at the mountain peak, the council elders were convinced that the dragon was coming to their village next and that roar was giving them a war provocation. 

When the council elders saw that the dragon was hostile, they decided to attack the dragon and take it by surprise.

But we didn't know where the Dragon's Lair was currently situated. So we decided to send scout units, each unit consisting of about 15 to 20 members. 

8 scout units were formed which were then sent in different directions in search of the Dragon's Lair. They were strictly given instructions to not engage in battle and only to find out the lair of the dragon. 

"Gah Gah Gah! I can't wait for the Dragon's lair to be found. After I've slain the Dragon, I'm sure I will at least be promoted to an elder by the chieftain, and not to mention all the women. Gah Gah Gah, Come...Come Dragon come..." Delusional Domi laughed maniacally while imagining the rewards for slaying the dragon.

___

Vruk's POV

(A few hours earlier than the Orcs appearing before Draven and Fallen)

My name is Vruk. I'm an ordinary Orc living in the village of Pilantha. I am one of the Orcs who wholeheartedly believed that violence is the answer to everything. Everything could be possible if there was enough power. 

Today I was called and was made a captain of one of the scouting units that were about to head out to find the dragon's lair. We were also told by Captain Domi that we should not engage in battle.

Puh what a joke. Captain Domi must be thinking of stealing the Dragon kill himself. He thinks that he can kill it and then get all the rewards. 

"Hahaha, no matter what, if I encounter the dragon, I will personally challenge it and take all the rewards for myself. I do not believe that there is something stronger than the Orcs, well maybe except that Mantis."

After some time we went off in search of the dragon. I and my scout team were advancing cautiously trying to find the lair. We walked for about 2 hours in our direction when luckily we found the Dragon's lair. 

A greyish-blue dragon was standing in front of the cave and looking at the trees above. He He He! This is the perfect chance to finish it off I thought as I commanded my unit to prepare for battle.

___

(Presently after Draven got bored of fighting the Orcs and sent Fallen to fight)

 

Fallen dashed towards the green skins with an unimaginable speed. Even though she was not as fast as me, I must say, she could outclass most creatures in terms of pure speed and agility.

Nearing one of the greenskins, her strong and lean hind legs tensed up as she jumped toward him. Seeing Fallen coming towards him, he lifted his mace and swung it down at Fallen. He was already smiling expecting to see the wolf pup squashed under his mace. However, Fallen was not easy prey. 

She twisted her body in mid-air and kicked the mace with her legs to dodge the incoming hit. The mace swung down as it missed Fallen. Seeing this opportunity, she bit fiercely at the greenskin's neck. 

Her teeth were small, but a deadly sharpness emanated from them. It easily pierced the greenskin's neck and reached its muscles, however, it could not reach the spine nor the windpipe, so the green skin did not die. 

Although it seemed long, these events happened in almost about 5 seconds. The rest of the greenskins after processing what had happened began to rush at Fallen. One of them swung his mace at Fallen who was still biting at a greenskin's neck. 

Fallen was a natural hunter, so as soon as the mace neared her, her instincts kicked in and she let the greenskin she was biting go and fell back. The mace missed Fallen as it hit his comrade's neck who was being bitten by Fallen until now in full force. 

"CRACK"

A dull crack sound echoed throughout the forest. The head of the greenskin who was hit by his comrade's mace was bent at an unnatural angle and his body turned lifeless. Blood started spraying from his mouth as his body fell with a thud on the moist forest floor.

Before the one who swung his mace could take in what happened, Fallen with her superior agility jumped and bit his neck hard. Unlike the other one, this time her teeth penetrated his neck to puncture his windpipe. She left him struggling for air and to die painfully.

One of the greenskin gave a loud roar as if telling everyone to fight carefully. This greenskin was slightly bigger than the others and it looked like their leader. 

Fallen did not rest as she jumped off to fight the other ones. She again bit another greenskin and twisted her jaw to give a death roll like a crocodile and tear away a big chunk of meat from the greenskin's neck. 

Blood started spraying all over Fallen from the mutilated neck that was the result of Fallen's bite.

The leader seeing that his men were falling one by one, came forward this time to fight Fallen. Fallen bared her teeth towards the leader with a fierce look in her eyes. 

The leader of the green skins had a big wooden club in his hands. Fallen, again dashed towards him with a determined look to kill him. 

Maybe the greenskin leader thought that Fallen would target his neck as she had done with the other ones, he put his guard up to protect his neck all the while swinging his club to not give Fallen time to dodge or escape.

However, Fallen was not stupid. She knew that in a hunt if you use the same technique many times, then the opponents will read your moves and pattern and act accordingly. 

So this time instead of going for the neck, she ducked and went for the legs. She went behind the leader greenskin and bit at the intersection of his thigh and calf. (Backside of knee or popliteal fossa or knee pit)

The leader of the greenskin was left surprised at Fallen for not coming at his neck and going for his legs. After being bitten, he screamed in pain. Blood started to pour and the leader lost balance and fell on one knee. Sensing this opportunity, Fallen directly bit his intersection of the spine with the skull. 

'CRACK!!'

Bones broke and the leader lost its luster in his eyes. 

'Truly these greenskin's are stupidly weak. The leader fell with only one bite from Fallen. How were they even surviving like this??' I thought as I looked at Fallen standing on top of the leader's body.

The other greenskins, seeing that their leader had died in battle with the opponent lost all hope. They were like living fish on a chopping board waiting to be chopped. Fallen growled as she went on to finish the rest of them. 

What Draven didn't know was that it was not that the leader was weak. The leader was strong. If it were on earth, that leader could easily lift a car like it's nothing. However, Draven and Fallen were 2 little anomalies who would soon shake up this entire world.

Presently Fallen had completely given in to her killing instincts as her eyes turned red with bloodlust. In this dark forest, her obsidian black fur that was drenched in red blood coupled with her blood-red eyes was truly a horrifying scene for anyone...maybe except me. 

'Awww she is so cute, look at her tiny figure giving in to her killer instincts. Fu fu fu' I thought as I laughed in my mind.

'Wait, in times like these, shouldn't there be some salted or caramelized popcorn??'

___

Next Chapter: [ Experimenting with Mana]

14