21 Talk
451 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Konoha.

"This village... it's so unlike ours."

Mei couldn't help but remark as she gazed at the bustling streets.

Even if the number of visitors has increased in the last three years, she has never seen people so joyful as these in Konoha, back in Mist.

But the darkness that had lasted for such a long-time, three years, were far from enough to eliminate its effects on the people.

She was born into the Kaguya Clan, a clan devoid of emotions, so these things came as a surprise to her.

"Land of Fire is the most fertile Land in the Ninja World; the number of Ninja they can maintain due to the massive amount of grain is far greater than any other village."

"There aren't many people dying of hunger in Konoha, even civilians; they can maintain themselves with some work."

Aokiji, who was walking alongside them, explained the cause behind these Konoha people's smiles.

They have significant military might, and even in the resource area, they are the best, therefore living here is a paradise compared to other villages for the people of this village.

"Is it the reason for the war, Captain?"

Ichiro, having heard that the Land of Fire is the most fertile Land, could infer why the war was launched on Konoha, but he still sought confirmation from Aokiji.

"It was Sand Village and Stone Village that began the First Ninja World War by forging an alliance and attacking Konoha."

"You may already be aware that the majority of the terrain of Land of Wind and Land of Earth is made up of deserts and rocky areas."

"Because they didn't have enough to support their Ninja, they had no choice but to assault Konoha, whose Land is the most fertile, with the goal of seizing its territory."

Aokiji mentioned the fuse of the First World War, and it's possible that the reason for the Second and Third is the same.

"So, Captain, what was the reason for our attack on Konoha during the First Shinobi World War? Our Land, as far as I know, is no less fertile than the Land of Fire."

After three years of living with Aokiji and Ichiro, Mei has learnt to use her head and is no longer a fighting maniac.

She can't believe Mist has a resource problem in the Land of Water, which has a large sea and various islands.

"You're correct, Mei, our Land and the Land of Lightning both have access to the Sea, so what we already have is more than enough for us to exist."

"It is partly because to the Sea that the Mist did not become the target of Sand and Rock since fighting us is too tough."

"With the water nearby, there was no reason for us to fight the war."

"After living in Mist Village for so long, you should know how those at the top think."

"No matter how much they get, they always want more and want to expand their territory and dominate over others."

"The Elders, as well as the Daimyo, are all greedy, thus Mist was pushed to join a war that they shouldn't have"

"And that was most likely the same for Cloud Village as well."

Daikichi told Aokiji that during the First World War, Mist took the initiative to assault Konoha, but they were ambushed from behind by the Cloud.

Aokiji shared these truths with Mei and Ichiro, hoping that they would be able to think beyond the Clan.

After three years with them, Aokiji regards them as friends in whom he can put his trust, and he expects that they will assist him in removing the darkness when the time comes.

"Greed, you say?"

Mei and Ichiro both went into serious meditation after hearing his account of the war.

They could see that what he was saying was somewhat correct.

Born into a Clan like Kaguya and Hozuki's, all they've seen is the desire to rule.

They had always assumed that was a typical occurrence, but hearing Aokiji's remarks made them realize that what they had been told from the beginning wasn't so realistic after all.

For the first time, Mei and Ichiro began to view things differently, and Aokiji planted a seed of doubt in their hearts.

Unconsciously, they found themselves outside a restaurant where the crowd was at its greatest.

"Yakiniku Barbecue"

"Well, as a Captain, I suppose I should treat you guys every now and then."

When Aokiji saw the restaurant's name, he became a little hungry and marched into the restaurant, smiling at both of them.

Mei and Ichiro were both taken aback by his smile, and after a little silence, they shook their heads and followed him.

But, unbeknownst to them, their lips had curved into a smile.

Read chapters ahead on [email protected]/Navyking6666

7