31 Meaningful Smile
936 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Konoha.

Outside Death Forest.

Death forest, also known as 44 training ground, has forty-four entry points, and because of numerous dangerous wild animals inside, it is forbidden for civilians to enter.

Even Ninja has to be careful inside; otherwise, it can cost them their lives.

Outside the death forest, the sixteen teams who had passed the first exam were gathered.

Five days have passed, and today is finally the start of the second exam.

Those injured in the last exam have basically recovered and are ready to shine.

"It's a familiar place this time"

Aokiji, with Mei and Ichiro beside him, thought, looking at the vast forest before him.

He wondered whether today's exam would be the same as years later or something different is in-store like the first exam.

*Swoosh!!*

At this moment, a shadow flashed, and a figure with light blonde hair appeared before everyone gaining everyone's attention.

He wore the standard Konoha Jonin attire with the headband coiled around his neck.

"I'm Inari Yamanaka, a Konoha Jonin, and I'll be your proctor for the second exam"

"Without any delay, let's proceed to the second exam"

Inari wasted no time and went straight to the main point as he motioned to one of the Chunin proctor's present, who took out a bundle of papers and handed it to Inari.

"Take good luck at it, the rules of the second exam are narrated on it,"

"If you wish to participate, then sign it, and if not, you can quit now"

"Because once the exam starts, just like the last test, you won't be able to stop midway"

Inari reminded every candidate present as he handed the bundle to the contestant in front, who began to pass it backward.

Chunin Exam

Survival Test

Task:

Reach the tower in the middle of the death forest within 5 days

Only the top 8 teams will be allowed to move onto the next exam

Rule:

During the exam, your Chakra will be sealed by the sealing squad, and you have to reach the tower without using Chakra.

"This... it's absurd!!"

"We are Ninja... if we don't use Chakra... how else we will survive?"

"This rule is rubbish!!"

After reading the paper's contents, there was a momentary silence followed by the outbreak of several participating squads.

Not allowing them to use Chakra, isn't this simply sending them to death.

The exam was already challenging because half the teams were bound to be eliminated and add this rule.

It's simply cutting their legs and arms.

Forget the contestants; without Chakra, it will be hard for them to survive if they encounter a strong beast inside.

"Did we train that hard for nothing?"

Jiraiya couldn't help but say as these days, all three of them had tried their hardest to learn change in chakra form.

"I think you forgot something, Jiraiya; if our Chakra is sealed, then so is everyone else's"

"This situation may be helpful to us"

Said Tsunade and Orochimaru also chipped in telling his thoughts as he didn't believe he would lose to anyone in a fight without Chakra.

"This..."

Even Mei and Ichiro were having a hard time digesting the rules as, without Chakra, they won't be able to use their Clan's Kekkai Genkai and Hydrification Jutsu.

"Hmm~, does God really want me to dominate the exam?"

The only person who was calm after reading the rules was Aokiji.

Although if his Chakra is sealed, he won't be able explode his Ice, but he can still use Devil Fruit powers.

To others, Exploding Ice sounded more dangerous than regular Ice, but Aokiji, the user, knows its defect.

He doesn't know, maybe it's because of Chakra but when he mixes chakra with his devil fruit, his stamina is consumed at an astonishing rate.

Even with the powerful body of the other world, continuous use of Chakra together with Devil Fruit would hollow him out in less than 10 minutes.

"Silence!!"

Hearing the contestants' words, Inari shouted loudly, extinguishing the arguments.

"Do you think it's not fair? What would you do if your Chakra is exhausted or sealed in a battle?"

"Would you say it's unfair even then? In a battle, only victory matters, the enemy won't play fair, and he will do whatever he wants to win"

"The purpose of this exam is to see what will you do in a desperate situation and how will you make your way out of a tricky situation"

"Just strength isn't enough to lead a squad; drill that in your head if you want to grow"

With a calm expression, Inari told the contestants about the real purpose of this exam as the disapproving looks on the face of everyone vanished.

They knew he was right, and in a real mission such situations are common.

The words of Inari seemed to have really affected everyone as not even a single squad gave up this time.

Soon, the sealing squad arrived as they began to seal the Chakra of everyone.

Thud...

"Seal!!!"

The Konoha Sealing Shinobi made several hand signs and finally tapped the chest of Aokiji as black markings spread.

Immediately Aokiji felt his Chakra being suppressed, but the power of Devil Fruit Aokiji could still feel it.

"Next one!!"

After sealing the Chakra of Aokiji, the Sealing Shinobi began to seal the Chakra of Mei, and after sealing it, he went towards the next one.

But Aokiji failed to notice a meaningful smile on the face of that Sealing Shinobi.

Read chapters ahead on [email protected]/Navyking6666.

8