W1 – 4: S: R; Tolerance
420 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was easier said than done, of course. Not everything can be given to him in a silver platter. His social skills had reached a minimum level as to where he can barely generate a small topic of his own.

"Wh-where am I?" He spoke, the tone of voice remaining weak as he scanned the surroundings once again. Only the smell of medicine and sweat permitted the room. Such two balances of smell almost made Klover make a disgusted face.

In to his right, a door made of wood, with a hooked lamp to it's side barely lit. This must be the exit- he thought.

"You are currently resided in a small town called "Petval" child, located in the borders of Magmeis. "The priest explained with a solemn tone, the glow on his hands never seemed to fade away.

The comfort Klover felt on his head was probably the cause of magic Nolan had casted. He groaned in response, his darted through the wooden ceiling, he couldn't help but sigh.

'First day in another world, seems like this guy named as Misfortune first gets the cake...' His body moved against his will, only becoming a liablity in his constitution.

"....how many days til' I get back to normal?" He quietly questioned the priest. His mind never stopping from screaming impatience.

"With appropriate rest, I can estimate atleast 3 weeks, give or take." Those words crashed him, he gritted his teeth. No, there must be a way for him to recover for atleast a week- a DAY even!

"Ummm.... you're a healer right? Can't you just speed up the process?" He gripped the blankets as hard as he could, he couldn't wait to explore the entire world- to be able to become stonger, and throw this pathetic shell of his past self in the trash. He controlled his emotions, he couldn't rash out to someone he just recently met- and saved his life also.

"...." Nolan just looked at him with a difficult expression, he calmed his temples as he looked again at Klover.

"Child, do you not know that the words you're speaking is something that can be done so easily?" He solemnly responded with a tone that made Klover looked down on himself. Vertigo threatened to spin his entire vision for a moment due to his sudden movement.

He felt dizzy again. He gulped, hiding the groan that was almost released by his mouth.

"Sorry..." He apologized. He closed his eyes as he let his head rest itself on the pillow. His expression as that of a person who have no hope in life.

It was clear that was sulking, and that made him childish in outsider's perspective. He sighed.

Nolan kept his eyes on him, one of his brows opened.

'Childish.' He thought. To be able to speed up the healing process from the boy, it would need almost a noble's wealth to be dried up, not to mention the resources required to achieve such feat. The kid in front of him was to stu- how does he say this? Ignorant to realize it.

It should be common sense at this world. That only those among the uppercases are the ones who enjoyed the previliges of instant healing.

He was, but a countryside priest after all. He had no power unlike those at the top. But atleast he could help as much as he could. Now he has to monitor the kid's condition for a month seeing if there's anything wrong with his constitution.

But, the question arosed curiosity in his core.     How isolated could he truly be if he don't even know how much mana and resources are required to achieve as such. Mana is limited, it comes from the bodies of living the moment one is born.

The land beneath them would absorb their nutrients in response. Nolan shook his head, that revelation of a certain scholar definitely put the entire world in a paranoid state decades ago- he was evading the subject.

But had a question in mind that he could ask the kid.

"Do you know how mana was generated?" A simple question that even a kid at age three could answer immediately, he looked at him with expectation- the former being the wrong while the latter being none.

"..." The kid was silent for a bit, as if organizing his thoughts as to what to say. Now that raised Nolan's suspicion even further. Now he only needs the answer to prove his argument.

"Umm....it comes from the air? And we natura- naturally breathe it in?"

.

.

.

.

It was no doubt, the boy was a drifter. The statement alone proves it otherwise. But Nolan shouldn't jump to conclusions yet, he asked another question. As if to build a structure to fortify his said conclusion, he asked one after another.

"Where do you live?"

"Wh- I don't know?"

"Who are your parents?"

"Uh, um.... I was orphaned?" A petty excuse, his eyes bore lies that can be exposed at first glance.

Klover however, felt tension and excitement. The priest in front of him was asking him about his personal information about himself. Of course, as usual! He have to hide himself that he was from another world! Isn't that the trope most protagonist in the novels he read used!?

He barely couldn't keep his face from grinning despite the pressure of the priest's tone. The opposing party squinting his eyes in suspicion.

Nolan shurgged in response, relief washed over Klover but also a deluge of disappointment was also released at the back of his mind.

He shove that off. He should act humble, he needs to create a good impression first. Then build trust, then make REAL friends who'll always have his back at all times.

He silently chuckled. While he was stuck in a greatly weakened consitution, he figured he should focus on trust first. He scratched his head.

"Um, I really don't.... know about this magic stuff. I'm kinda....."

"Isolated, living like a caveman for years?" He flinched in response, he really liked to slapped himself after Nolan's response.

'Yeah something like that.' "Yeah, I barely only have the basic knowledge of it. So..."

'So pretentious...' Nolan mentall shook his head. But his job was to only heal the boy in front of him for atleast three weeks straight.

He'll play along. Many cases of drifters, majority of them always do this...

"So what do you want to know?"

'Right, this is it!' Klover internalised, he kept himself from shaking with glee. But-

'First things first.'

"This....th-this may sudden but... I really wanna learn magic...."

"No." And there it was, the only string of hope- cut in an instant. He sighed.

"....okay." Might as well know more about this place he was stuck first.

.

A few hours later in a wooden hut, a door croaked open, Nolan was met with a deluge of casual conversation happening about. He spotted a familiar figure, brown hair and eyes that spoke years of wisdom. He smiled.

"So, how was the kid?" Marcus said, siting on a wooden stool.

"Nothing noteworthy to write about, just an ignorant boy in search of magic." Marcus laughed in response. Nolan could feel his eyebrow twitch by that reaction.

"That's all youngsters are doing nowadays..." He looked at the surroundings, conversations became an ambient soothing sound in his head. Marcus sighed.

"By the way, I heard some news while you were gone."

"By the goddess, what did you find?"

"Confidential first?" Nolan said.

"Confidential first." A moment of awkward silenced passed by.

"Anyways, a hero has been recently summoned. Or so they say." They moved to the far edge of the pub, away from prying ears.

"And?"

"It's not a Representative}, as bespoken by the goddess." Nolan massaged his temples, he can only sigh for the current situation that they are in.

"Then what is it then?"

"I'm just as clueless as you. Although Drifters from another world are quite common, they are but pawns when it came to the grand scheme of politics." Nolan continued.

"Status promotion via in proxy, contribution stealing and the such. Once they are of no use, they are then discarded."

"You've already told that to me many times." The brown haired man winced.

"Spare me your knowledge, Marc. Powerful as they were, they however cannot surpass the Representative."

"So our situation right now has grown.... extremely tense."

"Kingdoms- even Forsted had started to intervene with the current predica-

"You're order sir?" A random youthful male with auburn hair said, whilst wearing what you think as a butler's outfit.

"Just a small bowl of vegetable porridge." Nolan said with no hesitation.

"Same as him, but instead give me two." The employee then wrote it all in a piece of rough paper. It then bowed to the two as it went it way.

"....I think we should eat first."

"Yeah, you're right." Nolan responded, annoyance cleaely plastered in his face.

 

13