W1- 12: Settling Up
174 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a certain boy's room you can Klover packing his things to prepare for a new journey. Well it's the first time he traveled in this world so he was very much nervous and excited at the same time. That's pretty normal for a person who's traveling for the first time and to another world at that.

"That's pretty much it...?" Looking at the large traveler leather bag he bought yesterday containing rations and a portable tent which takes up most of the space. 'I should have put it in the inventory sack though. But there's no thrill in that.' The weapons are already in his pocket though and that is daggers.

The reason Klover didn't hold the sword even though he can pretty much handle it is because he just can't get used to it and it takes too much space too which makes him uncomfortable.

'Daggers are just enough for me.' They are light but short ranged, with the compensation of it being throwable. And doesn't take too much space.

Carrying the heavy leather bag he went outside only to find Marcus waiting for him, patiently, wearing the usual adventurers cloth. He seems to troubled by something and that something is Klover himself.

"......you're really gonna go kid....?" Marcus sadly asked, to him Klover maybe an ignorant and a brave kid sometimes, but as time goes on he see's Klover like a son slowly growing up to find his own path. He knows it's hard to let go of something precious.

"....yeah....I'm gonna say my goodbyes too to Cordelia and Mivon....saying regards to the siblings just seemed rude in my perspective......oh I didn't forget Nolan too...." Klover said, he knows Marcus didn't feel good about his words. Instead the brown haired man sighed.

".....I'm surprised that you'll go this early, I'm expecting you to be at least wait another year to go....." Marcus talking like this seemed to raise a flag about a farewell type of fight, whereas Klover wins he gets to leave and if he loses he stays for another year.

"....fine I'll let you go." In real life unexpected things happen. To which Klover was surprised by his words expecting something like a farewell fight but he was kinda relieved it didn't happen.

"......thanks." Klover said gratefully after leaving the brown hair man alone. Walking out side the town he can see those with familiar faces again.

".....you're really going, man....?" the blue haired boy said, they've become really great friends for almost a year, to the point they reveal secrets to each except for Klover being an Otherworlder.

"Yeah.....sorry man..." Klover wanted to be stronger, be a better version for himself. Have a better life the benefactor? gave him a second chance to live in this new world. 

"....that's a shame then." Mivon said disheartened by his decision, he wasn't against it. Everyone has their own life and decision to choose, you can't take that out from them. Well Cordelia seems to be the usual.

"...." She seems quiet about this situation, Klover can never know what she's thinking so he decided to stay quiet too. Finally facing Nolan behind them he gave him a nod.

"May you be safe from your journey child." Nolan said solemnly this time keeping his composure. "Don't worry about me too much everyone, I'll probably come back here when I have the time.....so see ya." Finally waving his hands at them he bid farewell to his short but precious friends. 

Finally exiting the town gates he looked up at the sign named "Petval". Remembering it in his heart he then called the traveling merchant he booked just earlier.

Entering inside the ride, he then sat on wooden like chair looked at the merchant.

"Ready to go now?" Looking at the town again, hesitance engulfed him, the memories of staying in this town. He really wants to stay but....

"Yeah....let's go."

.....

In the deep blue forest Klover stared at the town again covered in blue trees. He missed it, just after riding in a few miles he already regrets his decision.

"Feeling a little homesick kid?" The merchant finally said snapping Klover out of his daze. Yeah, Klover admitted it he does really feel homesick. The town felt like a home to him.

"Yeah....why are you questioning me like that...? He finally asked. The merchant seemed not surprised by it.

"Don't worry about it too much, I'm just like you too letting go of something precious just kinda hurts, sometimes you'll get used to it, sometimes you won't, life is all about experience boy and the world was built to develop a character, and this one is an example, letting go of something can help us march forward." Klover looked at the merchant again, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Yeah.....thanks old man." A quote from an old person gave Klover a feeling of satisfaction. 'But he's right letting go of something precious is important.'

"You're welcome kid." A smiled crept on Klover's face. Distracting him from his worries for a little bit.

....

"It's almost nighttime let's set up in here." Dusk is here, preparing his portable camp. He then went a little deeper into the forest to prepare some wood by cutting it with his dagger.

*Slash* *Woosh*

Feeling satisfied with the amount Klover then head to the campsite and spotted the old man preparing a fire.

"I'm gonna need some mo- oh you already have them...? That saves me a lot of trouble." The old man gratefully thanked Klover as he handed the wooden sticks to the old man.

After lighting up the fire, the duo are now free of the cold of the night. Just hope that there's no wolves that'll eat them when they sleep. Klover opened his first pack of rations which consisted of dried meat and a salted fish.

Taking a bite, the taste felt bland. Klover needs to get used to this as there is no storage skill that can preserve things like the one Hajime had.

'If only there is a canned food.' Klover thought so that he can eat it at anytime with longer expiration time as the one Klover had is just a wooden box so he had to eat it immediately before it spoils.

"*cough*" Startled out of his thought Klover looked at source of the sound and it was the old man merchant.

".....ummm..is there a problem...? Klover asked. 

"No it's nothing boy, just a mild cough." The old man reassured Klover as he went back to his business.

Finishing his food quickly he then went to sleep.

"Goodnight, old man." Going to his portable tent. The old man smiled at his actions.

"Yeah sleep well, boy...."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late release, really felt like shit these days.

5