W1- 13: Interference
164 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the blinding rays engulfed the eyes of Klover, morning has risen, still feeling sleepy he really wants to go to sleep but decides he'll do it later once they were in the capital.

Going outside from his tent he finds an old man feeding his horses, about to prepare to another expedition. Klover greeted him.

"Morning old man." Though quite it was loud enough for the old merchant to hear.

"Did you have a good sleep boy...?" Klover yawned, it was a good sleep but he still need more. 'Once I get to the capital I'll book an inn to sleep.' Is what he thought.

"Yeah...I'm still feeling sleepy though...I'll take a rest once we get into the capital." The old man seems to be satisfied with his answer, he then nodded.

"The horses are ready let's hurry then, come inside the carriage. We'll get ready. " A growl resounded on Klover's stomach. He's hungry.

"What about food....?" Klover seemed to remind the old man about the food.

"Oh right...." He seemed to finally remembered. Old age really has gotten him......

.....

"There's no bandits or monsters here....?" Riding inside the carriage he asked the old merchant. Really everything has gone too well. They didn't even got ambushed at night.

"There used to be one here, since the S class adventurer Hajime was here, they've abandoned this place for now. They'll probably come back once he's gone though." Doubt crossed Klover's face.

"Wait, can that dude even detect bandits or monsters here....?" He asked, he was expecting another cheat ability like the one he had from the last two days.

'Infinite Storage, Super Strength or High Magic Power and Efficiency or maybe both, and Detection is all what I can think.' Klover thought. The rattling of the carriage shook him out of his train of thought.

"He has a skill called <Long Detection> he can sense beings that are hostile in a very large range. Atleast that's what the people said." Klover seemed to understand. He's not jealous though....really.

The old merchant seemed looked around for something. Before finally looking at Klover.

"We're almost there." Klover felt excited again. He's about to go to the capital, he wondered what would be in-

"Hehe, look what we have here." A man with dirty clothing appeared out of nowhere holding a rusty sword. Other men seemed to appear too after him.

".....you said there will be no bandits here..." Klover asked in disbelief about the situation. The old man seemed to be the same as Klover.

"....I don't know, this has never happened before, you think you can take care of them...?" To Klover, the answer is probably no. He has only experience in killing goblins and wolves but that's all really. Humans....? He's not sure, they are probably stronger than him. But he has to try atleast.

"I'll try..." He said with no confidence whatsoever. He then get's out of the carriage as nervousness and fear engulfed him.

"Hmm...someone finally showed up, and a kid at that too." Klover really hated being called a kid. Since the beginning he never showed any signs of aging, only a small increase in muscle mass.

'Their are 7 of them, perhaps I can take them all...?' Shrugging the previous talk from the bandit. He prepared his stance. Ready to fight, and strengthening his entire body with magic.

'Let's do this.....'

......

I then charged at the first bandit readying my dagger and hastily slicing him at the tendon with the bandit barely have anytime to react.

"Argghhhhhhh. Shit, this kid's bad news!! Surround him immediately." The bandit yelled at his subordinates. They immediately readied to their magic with others ganging at me.

'Fuck...' This ain't good. Immediately charging to another one ready to cut their tendon in the leg again. The other bandit however seemed to see the trick. Blocking his knee with his sword. He grinned at me.

"You think we'll fall for the same trick twice...? We saw that shit you did to our boss." He then kicked me in the stomach.

He then used his sword to slash vertically as I endure the urge to clutch my stomach I barely immediately dodged. Not free from the injury of the sword.

'Ugghhh.' Clutching my teeth from the pain of my left hand. I then charge at him again this time from his arms. 

"I told you it won't wo-!!!!" Feinting my attack on the leg I immediately redirected the slash from his arm tendons.

"Arrghhhhh..!!!!!" He screamed but I continued, slashing him again on his leg. Rendering his movement limited.

"Fire!!!" Shit I forgot about them, different elements from fireball to lightning in a shape of a ball was directed at me. Zapping me.

"Urgggghh...!!!*pant* *pant*" Calm down I can do this. Balls of different element was thrown at me again. Immediately dodging in a zigzag pattern.

"Shit, why can't you hit him!!!!!????" The paralyzed bandit leader yelled. Rushing towards the mage bandits , I realized they have a little experience in melee combat.

"Urgghhh."  I slashed his tendons again, my mana core about to scream from the overuse of my magic, but I endured. Adrenaline rushing through me. It's been a long time since I felt this feeling. Getting used to killing wolves and goblins eased this feeling inside me.

"Fuck...!!! Keep firing!!!" More different forms of elements has been fired directly at me. Dodging them while following the source of their attacks I finally found the other one. With the 2 bandits blocking my way.

"You won't get away!" The duo yelled at me.

'Out of the fucking way!!!!!' Immediately slashing their muscles to render them useless.

"Arrgggggghh!!!" Another magic was about to be fired at me again. After it was fired directly at me I used the fallen bandit as a shield to guard form their attacks.

"Arrregggghhhhhh!!!!!! IT HURTSSSSSS!!!!!!" The human shield was burnt alive, charging again at the last one I readied my dagger finally slashing him both his arms and leg tendons.

"Got you....."

.....

Standing there was Klover, panting, covered in sweat and a minor injury to the left arm, he felt relieved it was over. He would've died if he charged at the leader later on. Looking at the paralyzed bandits he smiled in satisfaction. He became stronger.

"You didn't kill them...?" The old man finally showed up in his carriage. Looking at the bandits with pained expression.

"....just let nature do it's bidding." Is what Klover said after he went inside the carriage. He's not ready to dirty his hands yet. Atleast not for now.

"Let's go, we're almost near to the capital right.....?" Klover said panting heavily, the fighting really has taken a huge toll on him as he heavily lied down in the sit of the carriage.

"Ah...! Yes I forgot about that. Let's continue." The old merchant said as he snapped out of his daze as he sat at the riders sit. 

Klover looked at the distance spotting the paralyzed bandits with empathetic expressions.

'What if they have their own families...?'

'What if they are just trying to live.....?'

'What if they are just forced to do this type of living.....?'

More and more questions riddled in Klover's head, he quickly shook them off. That is just how life works.

After hours of waiting they finally arrived.

"We're here...." Klover finally arrived at the royal capital of Magmeis.

7