W1- 2: R; T: Anew
606 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There he was, in a dreamworld. He suspected he was in a coma. But that impact to the ground literally broke his spine had unproven it otherwise.

He was dead, in a sense. But not dead at the same time?

"Okay seriously, am I really dreaming?" He tried to adjust his eyes, even slapping his face to wake up from the fake reality he was in.

The birds chirping in an elating manner. The streams of water and the steady buzzing breeze being the main ambient of the forest. Tall trees that made Klover looked like an ant  that surrounded him.

"Holy shit, they sure are big...." He was dazed in a few more moments. Taking in the new reality that stood before him.

He couldn't believe it, but he was now forced to believe it. This was an another world, are there trees that had a white like trunk along with blue leaves swaying abut? To top it off, those said trees had length that rivals almost the height of General Sherman itself, albeit a scant many in numbers.

"Ok." He inhaled as much oxygen into his bdoy, calming his entire nerves. The density of the atmosphere felt revigorating. Free of pollution.

"Well, this IS a fantasy world." He stood up. Gazing his entire surroundings. He tried to take a stroll beneath this paradise of a forest.

While taking a stroll. There were thoughts in his mind that made him smile, he kept his foot from stopping.

'A chance!' He felt like crying again, not out of anger, frustration and despair. But out of elation and hope. No one knew him here, that means he can change! No one will know his past! And possibly, he can become powerful. Powerful enough that can break every adversary that gets in his way!

And perhaps he can even become a hero...!

But for now-

"Let's start navigating my way out of here first. A person's ordinary journey always starts in a humble town after all!" Optimistic he kept his pace, taking his time to gaze upon the beautiful sceneries to himself...

Maybe he rolled a six afterall....

.

.....or maybe not. A lone rabid wolf had blocked his path. Emitting a pressure that shows who's the prey and the predator. Klover kept his distance, picking up a nearby stick in his surroundings, his entire figure froze in fear.

With a height of half and a quarter of Klover's. It was already bigger than most of the dogs you see earth.

'Isn't this the part where anyone is supposed to help me?' He internally panicked. His breath becoming abhorrent. But he picked himself up.

A first few minutes of exploring like a tourist was met with a quadrupedal carnivore whose maw was leaking with saliva. It was hungry, and it now sets it's eyes on the young as food.

In a situation like this...

He ran. The wolf soon followed after, with familiarity of the predator's environment. It has the upperhand in the current chase. Dodging through obstacles like it's nothing.

Klover however, had to slowly zigzag his way out. Though his stamina usage is ineffecient, losing the wolf's manuever was given more priority than the former.

"Shit shit shit!" He internally cursed himself. Hyperventilating, he almost stumbled upon upon the roots of the mighty trees. The wolf was gaining on him. His mind was on turmoil, yet he had an idea. A stupid idea.

'Status!' He inwardly thought. After reading so many fiction in his life, it was the first thing that came on him.

Then-

Nothing happened. He screamed at himself, ofcourse that won't work! He really want to mentally kick himself in the nuts but-

The maw of the wolf was already on his head. On a split second, his facial expression remained that of a horror.

Until his foot was finally met with the thick root, he tripped. Barely surviving the maw attack at hair's breadth.

His face landed on the ground, his body absorbing the physical shock he pounded himself back up albeit still dizzy.

His heart pounding like never before, he was almost at death's door. But alas, he survived through it.

'My time's not over yet....' He laughed. Panting as hard as he could as the wolf regained it's posture. He gripped his stick as hard as he could, to cope with the fear and false sense of security, cowardly pointed it at the said wolf.

Growling at Klover, his body hair stood. Adrenaline pushing his entire body to overclock, even when not looking at the wolf he can make out the appearance of the spear as he splitted his attention into two.

The stick was by far thick. With a length of 12 inches long and a width of 3 inches wide. It was a perfect handle in his hands. Like a tutorial weapon except it wasn't a sword. A pointy edge at the end of the stick was definitely lethal, if he knew how to utilize it in the first place.

The wolf continued it's charge, this Klover didn't ran away. His stamina was closing in within his limits. Run now and he would die, confront it and he would still die, but had a chance of being alive.

"First day and I'm already scared shitless...." He gathered his bearings, the wolf closed it's assault. Barring it's sharp teeth open, Klover shivered, his will crumbling just being at door's death. He shove that off, time seemed to slow down, his brain releasing a shit ton of neurutoxins to help him focus.

Growl

The wolf pounded onto Klover, saliva dripping in out of it's mouth. Klover anchored his position, gathering kinetic force to make an effective pierce on the said wolf, atleast that's what he was trying...

'I don't want to die!' He screamed inside from the depths of his mind. He waited for the timing, that is to aim at the monsters throat.
He side-stepped in panic response, letting the sharp with branch pierce the monster's eye...

.

Everybody makes mistakes, living beings learn from them to overcome it. But what if there was death itself, waiting for you to take your soul off, it's sycthe just a few decimeters away to slice you awhole.

Well, rookie mistakes. The recoil from the wolf's charge, with it's large bulky body knocked Klover away before even managing to pathetically pierce it with his nimble stick.

BOOM

His life was shit, he almost blacked out from the shock of the hit. He knew this was reality, he had greatly hoped this was but a dream but it ain't even if tries to escape from it in the first it'll just catch up to him faster and slap him in the face once again.

A crack echoed throughtout his chest. Although the wolf failed to attack him with it's maw, it's body was proved to be lethal, with it's probably surpassing that of Klover along with it's monstrous velocity, it was a surprised that Klover was still standing. Bloodshot eyes that screams pain, wanting for everything to end.

Bones creaked, his body soaked with rib fractures. With no energy to scream, he can only produce a pathetic groan.

This was him, weak. Unable to do anything, he swore he would change. Yet reality came slapping him down again. System? System my ass.

He coughed blood out of his system the taste of iron dominating the other 4 senses. He mind was on the verge of blacking out, he crawled.

Until he stood up like an undead. Unable to balance himself, he tried his best nonetheless. The wolf was slowly closing on him, yet remained unabke to do anything.

'Is this how.... I'm going to die?' Thoughts surfaced him like droplets of rain. The distant memories, good or bad- the latter being the most quantitative one. It had been repetitive, while the former remained new, now smeared with betrayal he felt like all hope was lost.

Until a silhouette appeared within his periphery, everything turned black once again. Curse his weak constitution...

He hated, hated being weak...

16