W1 – H; T: Figure It Out
352 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours had passed, still stuck laying on his bed he was then given a history book to pass the time. Normally, he would've hate history books in school. But hey it's another world! It's normal for one's eyes to feast on such curiousity that is fantasy in reality.

Klover slowly flipped the page, examining it's detailed words when in reality he can't understand anything. Jumbled words that makes no sense for an otherworlder like him.

"Damn, this sucks." He said outloud. Atleast he can watch the moving pictures live in a book, from what he can speculate from the moving pictures.

1. The world had already existed for thousands of millenia. That's not surprising since the technological advancement were that of a medieval era from the 5th to 15th century in his world albeit faster, because of this existence called magic.

He scratched his head, not much of the moving pictures are presented what had happened in those millenias or so. But only dates back to millenias ago, where the middle ages began.

But magic had also held their technological advancement, instead of science they instead chose to follow the path of mana. Although, Klover knew that it will also evolve into a proper 21st-ish civilization from his world if let be for centuries or so? Perhaps millenia?

He sticked out his tounge in a cringe manner, he sighed. He needs to learn the language, but that also gave him a question.

About earlier.... why can he understand them though? But he doesn't have much time to think about that, he can shove that thing away temporarily, if someone will teach him he'll be under said someone's mentorship. Language is the base, information is it's extension. Just like a hand, it's almost useless without it's fingers, but carry significant benefits.

Anyways-

2. Mana doesn't pop out of nowhere. It won't go into your body immediately, like an average person you need rest, yes that's sleeping.

3. The way of using magic is...... different.

He facepalmed, of course there always obstacles that block your path. But these was not what he was expecting. According to the moving picture, you need some magic book of someone held with high regards? He doesn't know....

He skipped the details as he moved on to another chapter.

4. Mana is part of your body? Atleast according to what the moving picture had represented. It is like a vein, a major part in your cells that helps your body to function.

He grimaced.

5. Last millenia or so, an Invasion occured. So bad that the different races set aside their difference to take on the new threat.

What the picture represented was a few cracks in the sky, showing different beings of unknown origin, killing people with nigh endless wanton.

And finally-

6. The introduction of this so called Representative.

He closed the book after a few hours of watching the moving pictures. Contemplating the recent information digested into his brain.

'Representative huh....' He grinned, maybe that COULD be him. After all, it was also summoned to another world JUST as him, maybe this was just the prologue?

Maybe he'll get some kind of power-up along the way. Saving people with ease, making the world a better place-

"Stop thinking like that idiot..." He cursed himself. That was probably never going to happen.

They are a vital role in leading the world's direction in the battlefield, whether they win or lose in the invasion is up to their hands. They also possess power far beyond the imagination of a human being.

Though based from the moving pictures, it only showed a  single man annihilating enemies in a matter of seconds. Which shows the fact that this was not all accurate, since the moving pictures shows that it uses a different power other than mana.

He closed the book, he sighed. He looked at his body, it's still not ready yet- he needs a few weeks. He can already feel his vein pop out of excitement, he take a few breaths to calm himself down.

That's right, be patient. Excitement be gone.

He could his sweat leaking through his head, with a mix of nervousness and anticipation he emptied his bed. Pushing the blanket away from him in haste.

He rosed from his bed, although his body was still aching all over. He pushed himself out of sheer will, he warmed himself up- it felt like there were splinters in his muscles all over, refusing to budge all over.

He groaned, he shouldn't warm up at an inopportune time like this. He needs to listen to Nolan, not listen to his own desires screaming for greed and excitement. He slumped back to his bed. Sighing in frustration, this was gonna be a boring month.

.

3 Weeks Later.

He woke up with no signs of fatigue in his eyes, Klover immediately stood up on his bed, the floors creaked as if to respond to his frenzied excitement, reaching through the door knob he opened it immediately.

It was already morning, too early to be called early at the very least. He counted the days he was in this room for what he called as insanity, but finally he was out.

"Although I can barely create complex moves, it should be enough for me to do some everyday life stuff." Seconds later, he was met by Nolan and Marcus on a table just a few meters in front of him, he wryly smiled.

"Boy's out of the table, congratulations on your recovery kid." Marcus smiled him, Nolan nodded- seconding his response a few seconds later.

"Well, it was nothing for me." It was hellish. Waiting for three weeks felt like months.

However the priest almost snorted by his statment. Shaking his head as he looked at him.

"You want to learn magic right?" Klover's eyes widened in surprise, the sudden change in tone made it feel like he wasn't talking to him at all.

"Well, of course I want to! I've been thinking about it for months!" But he gained his composure a moment after, his constitution was something that can be called above average to say the least.

It was good and all, he has been tasked to do almost every household chores in his home ever since he was a kid. Couple that with a few workout routines that he had everyday. 40 push-ups, 120 sit-ups, 40 squats, 2 reps of 5 minute stationary bicycle cycling, weight lifting a 15 kg dumbbells with 50 reps everyday.

Which is mainly useless, only but a boost of confidence of yourself. Not how to fight, but it might add some multiplier if he were to learn combat.

Well, that is if he has the courage to do so in the first place, which is in fact non-existent. But now, an opportunity presented itself before him.

Revenge....? No he won't focus on them, he wants to become a better person, yes. That's what he want right? Not something that can be used for your own personal desires but to fight for what's right or wrong.

He clicked his mouth.

'You're contradicting yourself....' He thought. He clenched his fist, this time was ready to learn new things. Restart his personality anew so that people will respect him, unlike the him in the old world, he can now start from scratch hereon.

"That's actually good, since you owe us for saving you. I can actually make you into a fine adventurer, the catch? Work with us for a single year, in that year however- I can teach you some knowledge I had over the course of my journey as an adventurer." Marcus calmly said. Klover nodded immediately. No questions raised. Nolan raised his hand later on.

"For me, well. I only know the basics of how magic works and how to cast, oh- I'll help you learn calligraphy too, one of the most basic human skills is reading, but you don't have any of that as of now."

It doesn't matter, he'll learn them all. Figure it out and he can see how things work. He smiled at them, bowed his head as he said,

"I'm looking forward to your teachings as of today." Klover said, his back still hurt tho.

"Well, what are you waiting for then. First step's the guild, then we'll focus on your training." Marcus stood up from his chair, prepping to go outside as he signaled Klover to follow him.

"I'll show the in's of this guild. So be prepared, as a rookie adventurer being prepared is neccessary. Since you have no equipment yet, we'll first sign you up."

But in this moment a thought struck Klover. But he hid it very well, his pseudo is working. Nothing out of the ordinary in theur eyes.

'Isn't this going way too smooth?' Klover thought, as he followed Marcus's statement. He knew there must be some kind of agreement as to why they proposed him this opportunity, when in fact- what should have been in his mind is that they'll refuse it.

"Ok."  He said. He has no things to worry about, but he sure forgot to bathe first. But, things are already too late, he wasn't really that smelly anyway.

.

2 Weeks Prior

"You want him to work with you?" Nolan said, dumbfounded by the decision his friend recently said.

"Come on, there's no harm in getting rookies trained up and prepared for what kind of danger they are faced in." In the living room, Nolan often visited his house to talk discuss their everyday lives going on about. In this topic however, includes the boy that was currently resting in the guest room.

"Yes, I know that Marc. You're more focused towards money right? Won't it be better to focus on taking low-risks jobs first rather than the boy? Logically speaking, that doesn't mean you'll ignore that kid as well..." Just enough to him the bare neccessities to survive.

"I know I know. But who's gonna run the errand for me then? You know I'm always busy, but also almost retiring from my job, a few couple of years and it's done. Plus, giving the boy a chance can help me lift the burdens of being an adventurer,"

"Always remember, I'm a paranoid spender and also have to look out for my apprentices as well, perhaps he can join them if he's worthy enough..."

Nolan instead snickered.

"You're gonna use him as your bait to make money?"

"Something like that. Whenever he makes an income, supposedly he can share about 60% of his earnings to mine. And that's where you are a catalyst to this situation, while I make him stronger- you can educate him after training." Firstly, the boy has learn the language. How is he going to learn if he can't read?

Adventurers, especially beginner ones can also make a decent fortune onto themselves. Grinding herbs and such which are in high demands due to high casualties being injured while traveling or while adventuring.

Sometimes even a monster can wander around the borders around this town, amassing almost a few dozen injured and rarely, deaths. There are no other ways of procuring a healing item much more superior to herbs if your are a commoner. Marcus can buy as much vials if he wanted to, but he wanted to save up things in case of emergencies.

"And what about me?"

"Come on Nolan, we split up the money of course. I may be greedy as any other people that you can find, but I'm true to my friends." He patted him on the back.

Nolan shook his, giving up on his friend's idea.

"Huh, you're attitude is the same as ever. But desires also needs to be fulfilled, satisfied even."

"I'm glad you knew me well." Marcus smiled.

12