W1- 7: Registration and a Trial
251 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here we are." Nolan said as I stared in amazement on how large the building is for a town.

"...big." I said.

"It is indeed a big building Klover."

Clean marble floor, lot's of people and a quest board. A fucking quest board with different variety of ranks. But let's start with baby steps first.

'I really want to be an adventurer now.' I thought excitedly as we enter the building inside.

'Woah.' Shit, it's even better to experience it yourself than reading and immersing it from a novel.

"It looks nice right?" Nolan said snapping me out of my daze.

"Hell, yeah it is...!" I quietly said as to not disturb the other people.

"Where can we register then...?" I hurriedly said at Nolan.

"Hm...I though we were only going visit it though...?" Confusion plastered on Nolan's face.

"I'm kinda changing my mind...So where can I sign up or something like that then....?"

"....fine, you can ask the register over there." 

"....." To be honest I'm not really good at socializing. I can only talk normally with other people I'm familiar with like my old "friends", relatives with the exception Marcus and Nolan as I was forced to talk to them which also gave me a chance to familiarise myself to them.

'I probably won't do it again.' I thought in my head. 

"...so..uhh.....can you help me register..Nolan....?" I looked back at Nolan shyly.

"....talking issues, huh." Nolan said calmly.

"...so uh will you help me or not..?" I said before Nolan regained his senses.

"Oh..yeah sure..." We then go to the female receptionist's desk. 

....

"Good Morning! How may I help you sirs?" The female said cheerfully, maintaining it's professionalism. I once again looked at Nolan.

"*cough* Miss, this boy here wants to register himself as an adventurer." Nolan said.

"Of course...! You can start filling the registration by-" The receptionist said for a while before continuing again "Please excuse me for a while..." The receptionist then walk away for awhile. 

'I'm pretty sure I heard a conversation back there' I thought as the female receptionist came back with a quill pen and what looks like a registration paper.

"You can sign your Name, Gender, Age, and your birthplace here. You can leave that ability for later..." The cheerful receptionist said.

I the looked at the paper completely shocked.

'I can understand it.....?' I looked at paper scribbled with random words.

'That's magic for you I guess.' I thought as I wrote down my details.

....

__________________

Name: Klover Kirsten            Gender: Male

Age: 16              Birthplace: Rather not tell

Ability:

'The receptionist said I should leave it blank.'

__________________

...I can write too huh. It's like my brain is already trained for this....

I then handed the paper to the receptionist.

"Thank you very much...! Now if you please kindly follow me." I nodded following her to a new room. 

Entering the new room, I spotted a few other people too, touching their hand on the orb...

'Like an appraisal test huh...' I thought.

"Klover, huh....you're name right? The female receptionist asked. Can you please get in line..?"

"....well yes." I weakly said followed her instructions. 'That's right wheres Nolan by the way. ' I looked around only to find him gone.

"If you're looking for your companion or perhaps your guardian, he's likely staying on the waiting room." The receptionist reassured me.

'Oh, good.' Feeling relieved I then waited in the line for my turn.

....

"Next!" The man at the front said.

'Finally my turn huh.' I thought feeling excited.

I then touched the orb, invaded by a pleasant feeling. It's quiet nice though...

"Hm....Inheritance huh...weird.....next!!!" The man said snapping me out of daze.

....

As I went back to the receptionist office I saw Nolan standing there...

"Oh...Nolan...!" I said still quietly.

"You're back huh...what ability did you got....? Noland asked curiously.

"Well it's Inheritance, I don't know what that means tho." If only there was a level system...I'd probably know it immediately.

"...I see.." Nolan said as a receptionist walked over us.

"Here's your adventure card, albeit temporary as you have to complete your verification process in a time limit of 1 month." The receptionist said smiling.

"What's the verification process anyway....?"

"By doing at least one monster subjugation quest."

'....shit.' I cursed myself inside.

"Well, what now....? Nolan asked.

".....I reaped what I sow, so I should probably finish what I started."

9