W1- 14: New Place
181 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just looking at the peek entrance of the capital convinced Klover that this city is enough to convince Klover that the inside this capital is very beautiful.

The duo are currently waiting in line outside for the guards to check if they are hostile or not.

".....you may enter. Next." The guard announced, carriages and other people turned in waiting in line to be checked.

"Was it always like this....? Klover asked. Certainly something like this happens in fiction stories but Klover can't help but wonder if there is a cause of it or something like that.

"Apparently yes, ever since the public news that there is no Heroes as the invasion is coming, the countries seemed to be in an uproar. Guards will check those adventurer's with a guild card to see if you have high rank or probably something like that as which could take the once 1 minute check to 5 minutes." The old merchant finished.

"What if you had high rank then....?" He asked.

"Listening from the rumors, I heard that those type of people can gain as many women, luxury or anything that makes their life luxurious in exchange to stay in their country to defend during the invasion, from what I have heard."

'A luxurious life huh.....' Doubt crossed Klover's mind. 'Can I get stronger....?' Going to C Rank took one year for Klover to reach that rank, but what about S Rank. During his time in the guild he heard that going to B took more than a year, almost a decade even. C Rank is just the beginning. B Rank is where your experience are truly tested. 

'I only went to C Rank 3 weeks ago. Can I truly do it....?' "Maybe" and "Failure" is what's inside of Klover's mind. Truly a mindset of a semi-pessimistic man.

'Let's stop thinking about it....' Shaking his head he then waits for their turn to be checked. In his time with Nolan, he said that Otherworlders have powerful blessings that can destroy small kingdoms if they truly wanted to. That's why he was weirded out that Klover don't have any blessing at all when he-

"Uuuuurgggh." He desperately tried to distract his mind by conversing with the old man. But what subject can he talk about....?

"Hey, old man can you tell me more about this kingdom....?" Deciding this the only way he can distract himself he ask him about the history of this country. 

"Well to be honest I don't really get the real history of this kingdom but I'll try to summarize it for you as this history is set probably a millennia ago.

'Anything that distracts me so, I'll accept it.' He thought as he waited for the old man to start his story.

"It starts when when this kingdom is at the verge of destruction just the same as the others because of the last invasion, this kingdom was originally named Niebieski. At the time we were praying to the Goddess Aria to guide us, what went wrong...? What did we deserve to end this way...? Then that person came.... Shining blue hair, and violet eyes he was called Adrean El Magmeis-

'The blue haired siblings...?  Cordelia Mivon came in to thought in Klover's mind. 'But why are they in that town though, royal families would always isolate their children to the rest of the world, teaching only manners and politics until they grow up. Excluding the white haired one, perhaps they've allowed their children to be free....? I really don't know.' Conflicted he then listened to the old man again.

"So, how did Adrean gain a noble name anyway...?" During his time with Nolan only nobles are allowed to wear nicknames. He was also confused to why the siblings don't have royal names.

'I should listen first.'

"That, I do not know boy, it is possible that he had already a noble name, the people cannot track his origins so we gave up a long time ago and assume he already has one." The old man said.

'This probably confirms that he's a Representative.' He thought.

"Anyway back to the subject. Adrean gave the people hope they expected, he killed the invaders and defended the people. As time goes on more and more people followed the same footsteps as him, becoming the hero's companions."

"As year passes the invasion got-"

"Next....." The two are then interrupted by the guard, snapping them out of their conversation.

'I didn't realized it's already our turn. Time runs fast when your distracted.' The duo was then questioned by the guards.

"Occupation?" While the other guard continued to check the old man's carriage.

"Traveling Merchant here." The old man answered as the the guard then turned to look at Klover.

"You?"

'Ah.' So that's how it is....' "Adventurer..." He said.

"......can you please hand us your guild card for a moment...."  

"Yeah....sure not that I mind." He then handed his guild card to the guards as he heard impatient screams from behind.

"This will take a moment, please wait patiently..." The guard then left.

The duo are almost inside the capital with Klover peeking from what's inside it. Clean white bricks covering the ground. Blue trees blending in with tons of wooden and brick houses with two stories long and also lots of humans with animal ears and tails too...

"I can't wait to go inside....!" Klover said excitedly. So excited that it was shown in his face. At times like this, time always moves slow.

After waiting for a few minutes the guard return with Klover's guild card on his hand.

"Nothing suspicious with your profile, looks like you only just went to C 3 weeks ago, you may pass."

"What about the old man....?" The other guard then appeared to reassure him that he's clean too.

"He's clean." Breathing a sigh of relieved the duo are allowed to go inside. 

.....

Entering at the streets of the Capital, Klover was astonished again by the beautiful sight. The old merchant nudged him, snapping him out of his focus.

"Hmm....what...?" Klover said surprised by the sudden action. 

"We'll be going to our separate ways boy, I have my own business to do here. We will probably meet again some time if fate allows it." 

'Oh right, I forgot about that.' Klover seems to have forgotten that the merchant has it's purpose of coming here too.

"Okay." Is what only he could said.

"...then we'll meet again." The carriage slowly disappeared from Klover sight. He seems to have missed something though.

'Ah....I forgot to tell him where the inn is.....guess I'll find it myself.' Standing at the new place full of crowded people, he then continued to walk as he questioned the residents of this capital.

.....

"An inn...? See that just go two blocks ahead then head right. It's pretty much near the adventurers guild though there are still other inns in this capital, but I recommend the one near the guild." A female resident answered.

"But what if it's full...?"

"Oh....you'll just have to find another one like the one over there." she said as she pointed to what looks like a wooden house with 2 stories. With the board name on the front called "Blue Oak".

"...what if it's full again....?" He asked again.

"Then you'll just have to find another one. This is the only one I knew well though." The female resident said nonchalantly. 

'......guess I'll just test my luck.' Klover said as he gratefully thanked the resident before leaving the bustling place full of people.

Hoping the inn not to be full. He entered, closing his eyes and opening them to find that there's only a few people here.

"Hm.....a new guest...!!! Papa there's a new guest....!!!" The little girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere which surprised Klover.

"Hey Olivia I told you not yell that loud at customers like that....!!!!" A tall average adult man appeared at the wooden reception table.

"Hehe, but you're yelling too Papa." The girl said cheerfully. With the height twice the size of an average 3 year old girl. Brown hair and eyes which is the same as her father.

"....Urrggghhh, I give up....*ahem*." He seemed to have regained his composure. "So customer are you here to seek lodging or food or maybe both."

'That's straight to the point.' Klover thought. Smiled at the actions of the father and daughter earlier.

"Both please." He said, as he handed a small bag of coins which contains small amounts of silver coins.

"Wait, how much can I stay here for a week." He asked first as he checked the bag of silver coins.

"Since staying here for one night cost 3 silver coins, you can pay a total of 21 silver coins if it's for seven days." He said as Klover handed the 21 of them as he finished counting.

"Thank you for your payment.....Olivia, hand these customer a key to a new room.....!!" Olivia suddenly appeared again.

"Um...what was that just now...?" Klover was bewildered at the sight of Olivia suddenly appearing in and out of nowhere.

"A teleportation ability....don't tell anyone though. Apparently my daughter had that ability 1 year ago." The father of Olivia said. 

'A teleportation ability.....? That's convenient...but why tell me though.' He decided not to speak that last word.

"I've been keeping a lot of customers out to keep strangers from finding out Olivia's ability. The ones you can find here are trustworthy." The father said as Klover looked around the people sitting and staring at him.

"But why me though....?" He was confused. He wasn't as trustworthy as those people, moreover they didn't even meet each other.

"Let's just say I have a good eye for people." That sounded like an excuse to Klover, but he just went with it as Olivia appeared and gave Klover a key.

"You can go to your room with the number 11, I can guide you there in the meantime." The father said as signaled for Klover to follow him.

.....

"Here's your room, it's almost dawn my daughter will call you when dinner's ready." Going up to the second floor. Klover unlocked his own room.

Lazily laying on bed he then asked himself what to do next.

"...what should next....?"

There is some mistake in chapter 8 about the ranking system, so I change the lowest rank from F to D. 

6