W1- 27: S- End of Bonds; Lurking Enemies
59 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

85D 23H 29M, Morning.

It was time to move, the blue leaves wept with small droplets of water fell to the ground. The wind blew, leaves shakens in response. It was morning.

"Good morning everyone~." As the late one, Leafa came out of her own tent, still half-asleep as the others are in the process of preparing for their next expedition. She rubbed her eyes.

"Hm.... You're awake, it's almost time. Prepare yourself." Leight was still packing his stuff as he saw Leafa coming out of her temporary shelter.

"Yes~, yes~." She then minded her own business, as she went to continue doing her own. She picked her bathing accesories as she went deep in the forest until a silhouette was left by her.

"A late sleeper huh..." Klover commented at her sleeping habit. Waking up at Dawn as to not feel left out did not exhibit a weird feeling of not getting used to it whatsoever.

Guess he was used to his routine of waking up early. It was no surprise that he wakes up like this was normal.

"Yeah.... Not getting used to it?"

"Nay... not really..." He was finished preparing his stuff. He was currently wearing another set of clothes that has the same color palette as the one he wore yesterday. He had three sets of it with one as a custom tailored winter clothes.

"Gonna check up on the others, I'll see you later." He left, leaving Leight alone. Not that he dislikes it anyway. He looked at the blue skies, they still haven't gone far yet.

The blue leaves have slowly desaturated into natural green ones as they went farther and farther. Going to the middle part of the continent, he missed and hated his homeland.

'Run away Leight... Please, we care about you...'

His lips quivered, shaking his head as he shoved those negative thoughts away. He wanted something to distract himself with.

Until he found a wooden stick, he picked it. Examining it's length as he pondered mindlessly whilst doodling some nonesense into the ground with his newfound stick.

.....

"You are no hero Leight, please stop being one and focus what you have instead. Stop trying to add something that you don't have. You'll only waste your time doing so."

"I know father...! But this is what I wanted to choose, for them to be free! You said those fuckers are iredeemable right! We knew how they treated the green haired elf, when we saw it at the auction right!?" He clenched his fist in hatred, as he slammed it to a nearby table. Seeing with his own eyes as the elf drowning in insanity was disturbing and was the final straw for him keeping his cool.

"We don't have to do this the hard way Leight! Everything is against us! One bad move could cause everything we planned and built to fall apart!"1I'm kinda thinking of making Forsted like North Korea.

"Keep your calm Leight, this isn't as easy as picking a candy with no consequences."

"I know, but..." He hesitated, as much as he wanted to save them. He couldn't shit about it, they are only small while they are big. He gritted his teeth in frustration, until something ticked in his mind.

"What about a revolution then...?" Hopeless as he was, he is still finding hope albeit desperately. It doesn't matter as long is he freed those who are untreated well.

They are waiting for him, he knew it. He just have to be a hero, then everything will be fine. They will be saved...

Right...?

...

.

.

.

*Scribble scribble* Finally catching up to his dazed mind, he looked at his drawing. In the eyes of others, it will be something that will fade away in moments time.

But for him, he felt warm inside. The people he cherished, although it was bad to the point that it was barely a stickman. He knew the names of those he drew on the ground without even trying

"...Sharon, Leafa, Ildi, Aaron, Mother, Father." He pointed at each single one of them. He was missing something, fortunately he knew who it was after pondering about it in a few seconds.

"...and Klover." He drew the final one. Satisfied with his shit doodling, he went to grab his bag. As he looked at Klover conversing with Mivon. Ildi and Sharon conversing about girls stuff.

Standing up from the log he sat previously, a light touch was felt from his back.

"Well~ I'm done~." It was Leafa, her green hair still wet from not being dried properly. Holding her towel with her left shoulder, and a basket that is for sanitizer related items.

"Always poking behind my back..." He patted her head in response. Needless to say, she liked it. Squirming in delight as her one sided love patted her. It was small, but it was a moment that she will never forget.

"Nya~." She purred, whilst not being a cat... Weird logic...

"Eat up, we only have 30 more minutes before we'll set out." He looked at the bystanders, most now fully prepared. And the others almost finished eating.

"Yup~ I'll be more faster~ Just one more~ headpat please~...?" She insisted.

"Fine, fine. Here you go." Wanting this to be over, he obliged immediately. Not noticing the delight the green haired girl felt and a certain death stare in a distance.

"There, done...." She was satisfied, as she walk away to satisfy her hunger. Leaving Leight alone again.

"It's almost time huh...."

.

.

.

85D 22H 56M, Morning.

"We'll finally set out! Please follow the line carefully!" With knights words, they finally continued their journey, albeit this time the break was little longer than usual. They barely reached half the destination yet, but they kept walking if they want to survive.

That is the way of life.

"There's really nothing to do huh.." Klover sighed in boredom, he sometimes enjoys peace like this. But shit just take too long.

"Well they are normal people, so we can't help it." Mivon corrected his answer. His blue hair swayed as he looked at the people around him.

 "...but really, to be born at such time like this... It must've been rough."

"Rough what...?"

"Dude.... Can you imagine the newborn babies and the small children at such bad timing like this...?"

"You're talking like some bad shit is gonna happen to them..." Confused at Klover's question, Mivon raised his eyebrow. The same for Cordelia too, they don't really get that much about what Klover is saying sometimes.

"You know what... It's nothing." Looking at the confused two, he decided to disclose the subject.

"Whatever you say, dude." He shrugged his shoulders, the leaves slowly losing it's blue color albeit slightly unnoticed. Turning into a blue-ish green one.

"...it's changing color huh..." Cordelia broke the silence between the two. Their interest shifted into what she was saying.

"About what...?" The two boys asked in confusion.

"The leaves, they are slowly losing their original color." She was ignorant from the outside world, the same goes for Mivon too. So awe and astonishment is to be expected from their expressions.

"Holy shit! It's going green!" He pointed at the blue-ish green leaf.

"Hmm... you haven't seen something like this before?"

"Nah...it's the first time I've seen something like this. We only read books about this type of color from the orphanage." He examined it further his eyes focused on the leaf itself. Touching it as gently as he can.

"Well... If you say so." Klover just ignored the two as he went passed them, expecting the twins to catch up to him later.

Children are wonderful. Endless curiousity with an endless desire to learn new things they want.

"...."

Klover closed his eyes, thinking about his future.

Is it worth it...? Being transported to another world, although not as cliched as he had expected? Was it worth it...?

If he was to answer this question, he'll say that as a yes. Although running away from responsibilites isn't a good way to go. Thinking them through, accepting them and moving on, can make that person lead a better life, and he has hard time adapting that.

He was glad to be given a second chance.... There may be problems here and there, maybe he'll persevere...

Since that is up to his decision....

Life isn't easy as he thought it would be...

"*Sigh*" He looked at the skies. He pondered to himself.

Does he still love her...? He can't answer that, after the incident in classroom, his mind is a jumbled mess after that.

Was it his fault that she loves him now? Yeah, my ass. No it isn't, maybe she just fell out of love. Leaving Klover in an unrequited love instead.

'Stop blaming them.' It isn't his fault. That's just how it is, that is just how life works.

"Dude, you okay...? You're spacing out..." Mivon waved his hand in front of Klover's dazed face. Startling him. Cordelia is worried too. But she didn't show it on her face.

"Hmm? It's nothing really, just reminiscing some memories, no biggy." He reassured the two. He sighed again.

"Let's catch up with everyone... We're straying quiet a bit far from them." He looked at the faraway travelers they were supposed to protect far away.

He ran past them.

"...hey wait! Let's follow him Cordelia."

"...yes."

.

.

.

85D 19H 32M, Noon.

"Things seems to be going well." The blonde boy mutered as he looked at the civilians. They were slowing down for a bit, some were already hungry as their stomach growled, begging for food to enter their body.

"We won't be stopping for a single bit for now! The checkpoint is just few hundred meters ahead. So please bare with it all of you!" Everyone except mercenaries and adventurers weren't taking it very likely, as they groaned in frustration.

"Oh, come on?! Let us rest for a bit!" It wouldn't be a surprise to the gluttonous one to complain. The others followed their complains.

"The checkpoint is already near! So stop complaining if you want to live!" He yelled back at them, pissed of at their actions. He was hungry too, but he'll bare with it for now. His words silenced the complaining onlookers, not really expecting someone of a knight to do that.

"....good." He looked away from them, regrouping with the others as they guided the refugees.

"Strict." Leight complemented at the silver knight's attitude.

"That's a knight~ for ya~, it's a good~ thing you weren't~ like that person today~. The green haired girl stood there amused at the strict knight.

"I can tell he's hungry... but duty comes first. Such is the loyalty of his kingdom." Sharon respected his actions.

"We're almost there if sqeeze our patience for just a little bit, by the way where is Klover?"

"He's talking to his old friends, he'll catch up with us later." He reassured Ildi, he trusts him enough that he'll catch up to them sooner.

"Guess we'll have to keep walking hu-"

"Guys I'm back!" Seconds later after Leight said those words, he smirked. Klover now appeared before them along with the twins catching up with him.

"I told you all." He looked at the three, crossing his arms with a smile on his face.

"Told what?"

"It's nothing, Klover."

It's going to be a long journey, they are already prepared. For the expedition that is, not the dangers that are lurking behind them unnoticed by everyone.

.

.

.

85D 16H 32M, Afternoon. Unknown Location.

"They've come huh..." In a shade of trees, tens of miles away from the current group, men covered in cloak with the sun like drawing behind their back, had been remained undetected by everyone.

"This world does not deserve to live, so does we. We are only doing our part for She has granted us salvation." One of the hooded man spoke out, they've carried dozens of high ranked monsters. Restrained and on the brink of madness due to the effects of the crack, but why are they unaffected?

They do not know, every living being that goes a few hundred meters in the crack instantly corrupts them, making them lose their sanity whilst gaining an even greater power, but it comes a cost.

Their bodies explode, sincd they cannot contain the corrupting energy within them. Or rot away painfully into nothingness. But the process takes long, long enough to destroy a village or two. A country even, if left alone.

....and they knew it. They were special, they cannot get affected by it's influence. She must have blessed them!

"Thats-right-right-right!! We musn't let-let-let them li-li-live!!! The hooded man leading the others revealed himself, it's feautres inhumanely inrecognizable.

Blood dripped from his eyes while the worms slowly ate it, but he ignored it as if it was normal. Scratching his arms that was already bleeding, it's raw muscle and nerves showed in broad daylight as it was filled with hundred of worms eating it's flesh.

One would question if how he was even alive at this point. The others ignored it as if it was the normalcy.

"We-we'll st-sta-start right now!!! Re-re-release th-the-the-them!!!" He was already insane, so as the others. They nodded at their leaders words, they released them the monstrosity they restrained...

*Growl*

The moment they were free... Their eyes glowed in bloodlust, outpassing the hooded men as if they were not there in the first place.

*Swoooshhh*

The wind blew at such insane force. Nearly revealing the faces of the mysterious people. Those monsters are almost gone in their line of sight.

"Ye-yes, YE-YESYESYES! KI-KI-KILL THEM A-A-ALL" The madman yelled, still continuing to scratch his freshly open wounds.

But it doesn't matter, they'll die later anyway. Their plan has not started yet. But they will support those invaders.

As they will grant them salvation.

Still working on grammar. I'm kinda thinking of this cult like thing to have heirarchy in a form of Chess game. Feel free to give me criticism, I'll work on it later. As for the rewrite, I've done some stuff. I'm kinda thinking about releasing them all at once, but I think I'll postphone the rewrites for a bit. I'm going to sleep.

1