W1- 32: I; I: Weakness
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
85D 17H 31M, Afternoon
 
"She's out for the time being just a mana overdose, her nerves will remain paralyzed temporarily. Leight, she's almost fried up her internal nerves." Ildi said in concern, checking up her friend's limp body. Unresponsive, she sighed slight signs of blue veins were shown in her body.
 
"You're still calm after all the things happening at the same time? I'll give you that. So is there a slight chance of her going back like right now?" Mivon curiously asked the violet lady in a slightly frustrated tone. Clearly tired, he kept his breathes long.
 
"No, it isn't just some simple fainting. And judging from your question, looks like you've never experienced it before, and that's good. I don't want you straining your mana nerve like her." With the fight behind her, Ildi then stood up. Frowned at the revelation that dawned her in the past.
 
Mana capacity only remains at stagnant the moment we were born. It doesn't increase nor decrease, the only way to increase your firepower is to acquire new spells or hone your skills to better suit your chosen style whilst remaining effecient on it's usage.
 
"We're gonna need help here!" Marcus shouted, his sword already showing signs of being chipped away, he casts another basic strengthening spell and amplifed his weapon with magic.
 
"Hold on, I'm coming." The bull was strong, it's flesh different to it's kin. As if grinding meat from it's body, it can easily regenerate most wounds in just a matter of second.
 
It's evolution through the fruits of mutation. It has adapted to land, with a intermediate level of intelligience it can read through enemy movement and adapt at teriffying rate if given enough time to examine it.
 
"Should we ignore this thing, Leafa and the others may all die. A mutation of different anomalies into one, no longer spilling black blood...." Leight prepared his stance, he wants to weaken it as fast as possible. With no knowledge to where it's weakness resided. He assumed it existed the same part of body on it's weaker kin.
 
'Though Klover's been infected by the blood itself. It should only take a matter of minutes for him to finalize it's form.' Perhaps he misunderstood, maybe it takes more time for it to assimilate into a monster itself. But it has taken too long from what he have observed.
 
'When the situation becomes dire, I'm.... kinda lost on what to do next....' With the chance of Klover becoming a monster and a bull anomality with unknown ability, they'll probably die not too long.
 
'I'll have to find a way to make sure it'll get us out of here.' He doesn't want to abandon Klover, with the wounds healed. He speculated that perhaps it was gone with Ildi's healing and this is just it's side effects.
 
But he can only dream, as the incoming bull prepares it's hoof to charge against them for the very first time.
 
"Prepare youselves everyone! This going to get ugly!" He cast a spell, becoming perhaps a bait once again.
 
"Basic [Strengthening]!" His body became light, his senses enchanced two-fold. Caution on full force, he waited for the bull to charge. It's fleshy horn glew, sprouting blood everywhere. As it then proceeded to create another roar.
 
"ARGHH-£#&*&#:&:!!!!!" Different from the entities, this one rather had a clearer tone of voice. Shocking it's opponents temporarily.
 
"This one's different from the ones we've faced before...." For what sounded like a mutter. Leight looks at it intimidated. As the bull finally took it's hoof... and prepares to attack.
 
With an unimaginable speed, it felt like the wind just become one with a entity. It's speed uncatcheable to the normal human eye, difficult for trained eyes like Leight, he is barely able to catch up.
 
"Shit! It's coming for Klover!" With the shocking revelation, the ground cracked as he propelled his feet to launch at fast speed, finally colliding with the bull itself.
 
"Where do you think you're going..!? Basic [Imbue]!" With his physical strength combine with the sharpness as his sword illuminated in warm light.
 
*Swoosh!*
 
With a swift slash. The pressure of the weight it carries came crashing at full force. It's thick hide rebounded the attack, therefore  the force Leight initiated came back at him.
 
"Ghkkkk....!" 'It's tough' He thought, his hands shaking with high degree.
 
 However, it wasn't enough to flinch the monster as it's focus was on the injured boy instead. Blocking it's attack as if it was nothing.
 
"Sir!!!" Marcus awknowledges his plead, his greatsword on the verge of beyond repair now was coated in air. His brown hair waved with the wind, with the one near the range of Klover, he raised his sword. Facing with the monster itself as he hastily enchanced his body to face it on front, balancing his momentum to control his blade.
 
"-!!?" The felt intimidated, with it's extreme agility it immediately changed it's position. It's hoof suddenly stopping it's bodies momentum for a split second, then went in another direction-
 
"Too late." With a slash-
 
The particles rippled, the bull stopped it's tracks. More like squashed within the ground in extreme pressure. The ground cracked, as dust once again blinds them for the tiniest of second.
 
"Your thick hide just won't budge huh...." Marcus grimaced, behind him just a few meters away stood Klover, so it went for the weakest. Is what he originally thought.
 
'Kid's stronger than the blue haired twins. It's probably going after him, 'cause it's the weakest of the group for now.'
 
*Crack* His sword, now showing more signs of damage was barely holding in the bull itself. Using it's tough horns to further destroy his weapons.
 
"Stop moving you lil' shit!" Just a few seconds had passed. Marcus slowly faltered, he looked behind-
 
'I stalled it enough.' Klover and the others were already in out of sight. Still-
 
"You just won't give up on him. Won't ya!" His feet shook the ground. The pressure the bull had initiated against his large body was far worse than he thought.
 
"Sir! Now!" With a signal, he nodded immediately. He carefully raised his greatsword. With the wind in his side, immediately intercepted his sword's trajectory. He adjusted his stance, his sword remaining stuck in the bull's horn.
 
*Craaannnnggg*
 
His sword creaked, he shifted his entire body as opposed to the entity, he remained unfazed. His body getting heavier in pressure, his grip tightened. As he reached his goal.
 
"...tch...!" His blade, now being bent in ways he cannot recognize it anymore also dealt a miniscule amount of damage to the bull.
 
'A hit's a hit.' He thought. The fleshy bull lost it's balance, yet it's target still remained in it's eyes like a hunter that will never let it's prey get away. It fumed in impatience, it's hoof once again prepare it's charge-
 
"You aren't getting closer him!" Sharon glared at the monster. Her spell already done, she directed it towards the entity. With Marcus out of the way, she'll have as much freedom as she can.

 

"You're not going anywhere! 5th Page of the Book of Adrean El Magmeis!!!"
 
"Dark [Weaken]!" Purple hair gazed across the battlefield, her eyes steeling with focus. Her staff illuminated in the stained land.
 
Dark matter then flew towards the monster, along with-

 

"25th Page of the Book of Magmeis! Fire [Uya Scuyti]" Just a few seconds the dark weakening matter hit the entity, it followed along a blue ball of flame.
 
Then, for a millisecond. Everything went haywire...
 
For a split second, the small blue ball made contact with the bull, the moment it became closer. It's gravitational effect spiraled out of control, pulling the bull inside the the blazing sphere instead. It's flesh felt like it's being forcefully futted inside out, with the dark matter weakening the entity further. It finally senses fear-
 
*BOOOOMM!* It's destructiveness isn't to be laughed at even at the average of mages.
 
Seconds has passed, they looked at the crater that was covered in smoke. There stood the bull, standing. Looking annoyed as if the magic they had pulled was just a nuisance.
 
"Wha-" Sharon was dumbfounded. She was expecting the monster to be damaged just a tiny bit. But she wasn't expecting something like this.
 
"Tch, it ain't like the other ones we've killed huh... Shit's built different, stay cautious everyone." Marcus warned, his brown hair waved, as he summoned something.
 
"I've still got some spare ones just in case this type of situation happens." Revealing another great sword from his ring inventory which can only store atleast 50kg of objects inside it.
 
"This one's stronger than that scrap of metal that you destroyed." He prepared his stance, Leight finally regained his position following suit.
 
"Blonde boy.... Leight was it?"
 
"Yes, the name's Leight sir. Yours?"
 
"Marcus. It's a pleasure to cooperate together with you, you can also my gratitude for taking care of the new kid in your party."
 
He nodded.
 
"Prepare yourself, Leight. Basic [Body Strengthening]!"
 
"Basic [Body Strenghening]. We just need to hold it back, Ildi's got enough time to atleast trap it temporarily. We'll use that chance to escape." It wasn't a plan that would really work. He knew, it's a false hope. They need to have something to keep the bull busy, he saw it's speed and he barely had any time react as his eyes cannot keep up.
 
""Basic [Imbue]"" In unison, their weapons illuminated in green and yellow light. As if their weight had gone lighter, more sharper and more durable.
 
"It's coming! Ildi, prepare your spell!" In deep focus, the bull charged. Then once again fired with a black matter, enveloping around it's body. Annoyed as it was, it couldn't do anything but atleast shorten it's duration. Then it started clashing with the two, starting with it preparing it's horn. Firing a dark glow.
 
"!" Alerted, they feared the unknown. Something that it is not examined publicly nor privately known was creeping in.
 
'Tch... now they have some weird dark magic in it too...!' He couldn't help but wallow in frustration, he doesn't know what it does in the first place. Marcus sure knows he'll never get hit with it.
 
Then it was launched. The black energy released within the horn flew at astonishing speed. Startled at the fact that they can't follow it with the naked eye.
 
*Zaaaap* Like the sound of disordered lightning, the projectile then hit a tree-
 
*BOOOOMMMM* Or what was once of it, now revealed a large crater. Along with the swirling dark energy beside it, remaining unresting.
 
'....this thing's a tough nut to crack....' Leight thought grimly, barely dodging the matter was a hard task, if not for Marcus pulling him over, he would've been a goner for sure.
 
He quickly regained position with his body, as he formed defensive position. With just a millisecond, he felt like the life was already drained out of him.
 
'Unknown things always does the most unexpected situations... For the longest time, I really feel afraid that I'll be good as dead because of this shit.' Marcus charged with the bull with his color imbued sword. As much as he is afraid, he'd rather die than losing someone else important to him. He swung his sword with extreme force, going as much lethality as he can as he can to hit the anomaly with it's full force
 
"Eat this!" The edge of the blade aimed directed at the bull who was expecting this movement-
 
He shifted it's trajectory, the weight of the sword matters not to him. The very tip of his sword suddenly hitting ground, as it explodes-
 
*Swoosh*
 
Blades of wind burst forth. As the aftermath of his recent movement, the grassy plains exposed it's naked skin. With it's extreme wind that was supposed to spread with in a second, now singlehandedly redirected onto a single target.
 
"!" With the sudden change of action, it felt caution.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
*BOOOOM* Like a raging vortex, it's wind disrupts the body of the anomaly. It's fleshy meat slowly exposing it's weakness. It's core always moving to a safer place, now cowered as every barrier it created was now stripped in a matter of seconds.
 
It needs to heal. It thought.
 
It needs nourishment.
 
It must survive.
 
The entity is still tired after it's supposed evolution. That's why it needs to eat that "thing".
 
That "thing" was unique than the others. What the yellow "man" said in a barely audible voice, it's name was "Klover". It knew it, to be able to resist the corruption of it's kin. To be able to resist it's control, it's fascinating.
 
With it's blood. It was sure, so sure. That this is the one that is enough to procure it's missing strength.
 
That's why it must do anything to get it.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"WH#:-;-&££;--Y!+";£+£?)(((((((" In just a few seconds, the entity healed back to it's original state in just a matter of seconds. With a grim expression, Leight squinted his eyes. He wasn't doing anything right now.
 
He doesn't have anything similar to Marcus's moveset. With it's extreme burst, it's enough to pierce through the bull itself. In which he originally can't.
 
It's a risk to immediately go the moment marcus exposed it's skin once again. With that move, he probably knows that thing is draining.
 
But, that dictates the difference in skill and power he and Marcus have. He may still have a long way to go.
 
"Tch, still tough after that one eh. From the looks of it, seems like you grown different from the rest. A tad bit." He said those words in deep disgust and scorn.
 
It paused for a temporary bit, as fresh bloody tendrils spewed out from it's body.
 
'....' Caution, it seemed to be in great pain. Nonetheless, it ignored it. The anomaly, malformed itself over and over again, sacrificing unneccessary parts fro greater effeciency in a rather grosteque way.
 
"...tch!" Leight and Marcus hurriedly rushed their way to the anomaly. Feeling that something bad is about to happen, their instincts caught their body on a tight leash.
 
"Basic [Imbue]!" A gold light illuminated from Leight's sword. It's silver armor he wore reflected the golden light in glory.
 
"That's not going to happen!" "Fucking shit!" The moment their blade made contact with it's skin. A sudden explosion occured.
 
*BOOOM*
 
As if they were pulled by an unknown force, their instincts left as another force behind the strings got ahold.
 
"Seems like, we're getting knocked a little far away." Caught in an unexpected situation, Marcus commented.
 
"A little is an understatement sir!" They regained their posture, watching the black bull mutilating itself. chunks of meat fell from the ground.
 
"!" Marcus felt huge pressure emitting from the entity, that is nothing compared like last time.
 
Right now, it has seemed to have ignored them for the time-being. It's first priority still remains ongoing, they realized.
 
"!!....Klover.....!!!" Adrenalane was felt within the brown haired man. He immediately ran towards the direction it was going. In just a matter of second, their formation broke.
 
"4th Page of the Book of Adrean El Magmeis! Light [Holy Dome]!" With uncomposed haste, and within just a nick of time. Ildi managed to atleast protect the others, even though their distance is greatly different, lacking a core role can still greatly put them in a disadvantage.
 
'Aaron....'
 
In a matter of seconds, so to say in a span of just a hundred meters in seconds. The mutilated entity, it's appearance once more different, caught up to them in a extremely high rate of speed. With her veteram instincts however-.
 
"You're staying away from him!" With just in time, the violet haired woman casts an illuminating barrier. Once that looks like no evil could ever hope that would never come close to. And right now, this thing in front of them, just broke through it as if it was nothing.
 
With aghast faces, she quickly regained her composure, the golden barrier that represents the hope of it's victim, shattered into glass, then fell to the ground. Withering in despair, like a will of it's own for protecting to save it's respective save-to-be.
 
The entity remained the same, as if nothing has just happened, it's authority unequivocal. Voicing superiority in it's playground. With trash blocking it's way to the final treasure.
 
*Wooshhh* A sudden great gust of wind flew, blazing abide the withered leaves, a sword from the sky suddenly land to the ground. The wind becoming it's partner, the brown haired man, in a span of desperate second-
 
"I don't really know why you're interested in that kid...! But I always feel like you're up to no good!" Veins scourged through his face, out of anger. He glared at the monster.
 
The opposite party, felt intimidated. It felt threatened, therefore-
 
It must first eleminate him.
 
In a slight matter of seconds-
 
*SHWIIING* A golden light, reverbrated against the bloody battlefield. Within a moment of distraction, comes dire consequences. Leaving it's guard opened, Leight suddenly burst through in small matter of second.
 
*PSHHHRKKK* At that moment, it's flesh. Has been cut like butter.
 
"#&-#-£;#-#;#-#-:(((((!!!!!!!!" Suddenly it stopped, the sharpness that was once illuminated in the color of gold, lost it's gradience.
 
"....!" Dumbfounded, he was in awe on how it ended so quickly. He quickly snapped, before it was too late.
 
The bull's horn, illuminated a dark light. Like a gem constructed of different form, with no fancies and with the direct use to kill.
 
"Ah...!" He suddenly lossened his grip, in instinct he dodged in a spur of a moment, the black gem helding no contact with his face, felt a stinging pain. Dark electricty that ilicits something that doesn't want to let go. Spreads in a small part of it's chin, where the gem was originally directed straight at it's head.
 
With the temporary inability to move, the bull already charged it's foot, charging at him at moment's time. With no ability to dodge, he was left alone to his fate.
 
"Basic [Body Strenghten-" The cracking sounds came from the young man's body, as if on repucussion high degree of nerve racking pain soared throughout his entire body. His brain catching up as the entity did one final move...
 
In the moment of regaining his stance, looking up to his opponent. A position with a stance of a horse kick, with no hesitation-
 
*Swoo-BOOOM* The wind barely catching up suddenly was interrupted followed with a sudden shockwave.
 
"Ah shit! You're even careless just as the same as him!" Marcus was distraught. A careless move just like that can make your body vulnerable from attacks. He was late to stop him, that sudden glow of light grom earlier, unexpectedly just hit the entity of disfigured flesh. His mind couldn't comprehend the speed of that light.
 
. . .
 
The entity didn't seem to go after Leight. The formation was now in disarray, with the pest eliminated. The bull finally went full speed. Displacing it's flesh for more speed.
 
Yet another stood in it's way once again. The brown haired human, so seemingly annoying that it irked him so much. It's body has already weakened by just being reborn. It needs nutrients to sustain and adopt it's body.
 
".....hg#!#-£....!" In desperate measure, it's willing to sacrifice more of it's flesh. As long in return, it gets to eat that retreating little human meters away from him. The dormant [-------------] ability, just from it's instincts alone, it's sure it will help it heal it's injuries and possibly evolve even further.
 
It will risk it. Preparing it's hoof one final time, it launched once again. Keeping the turmoil of doubt in it's mind, it let one ear-deafening roar.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
The wave of dissonance, ripped through the environment. Natural and anomaly aren't meant to be with one another, Klover was in hurry. His body not being cooperative, he slowly got out of this mess.
 
"Leight...!" Sharon screams of horror and deep concern for her beloved arouse a deep feeling of disgust within him. Relying on others like this, he felt like he was just in the wa-.
 
"Just go...." With a burde-, someone like him. More losses are seemingly increasing. Somebody has to keep the entire thing going, with unexpected situations like this. He needs to stay away, Ildi already adonished him. Now-
 
"....shit...." He felt sick, perhaps that was just the price of being immune to the anomaly itself. But, he doubt that statement.
 
"We need to hurry." The voice of blue roses resounded within his ears, Cordelia was supporting him. Mivon was with her, keeping watch in case something goes wrong. Each step took heavy consequences.
 
"Your luck is shit as always, getting into big trouble often...." Mivon commented in a hurry, Klover has no energy to respond, but he took that as a yes nonetheless.
 
"*%sCO**--##&&HE∆∆∆∆∆∆¶•×•R£¶!!!!!!!!" The chilling human roar made their body shiver, the heavy stomps of ground further amplifiying their fear.
 
"Crap! We gotta hurry! This ain't good at all!!!" Quickening their pace Cordelia applies a strengthening spell on her entire body.
 
"You're not going anywh-" Within their vicinity, yells of the ongoing skirmish occured. From the sounds of it, it is enough to make them feel pressured to do something.
 
"Marcus.....!" Then another negative factor came into his mind. The first person who sees him as a person, and adored like a family. Maybe it hadn't happened yet, even so.....
 
"....Cordelia...."
 
"....what is it?" With a serious tone of voice, she knew it was serious. With a much more faster pace, their minds are now a bit free of pressure.
 
However-
 
"You all should go help them..." With an unexpected request. They paused.
 
"...that's a bad idea Klover, they have given us time to escape just for us to li-"
 
"That's the problem, THEY are giving their lives on the edge of a cliff for us." Feeling worthless, he wasn't supposed discharged early. In fact, he should have been the one who was just left alo-
 
"Look here dude, they care about you. Why don't just take the chance to just do them a favor." Like droplets, quivering sounds within the background didn't help it calm their situation either. Especially if-
 
"#;#-#--TA*!*¥=$[®®=" Like a sudden freezing cold. Their blood runs low, the sudden feeling of dread and the intent to kill was plastered right at their very body.
 
"Shit, it's here already!?" The blue haired boy was aghast, unable to regain his composure as he was not now sure of what to do.
 
'...think....!' Klover thought, feeling drowsy. His thoughts are covered with fog. His heart felt like it's slamming his chest inside out, as pressure came to surround the trio's mind.
 
"You're not getting away!" An audible voice, showing the brown haired man in full focus... Rather than showing irrationality, his aura felt like it's in eternal peace yet at the same time resembles of a chaotic hurricane.
 
"They've given us some time, let's hurry!" The entity was getting more and more worn out. It's flesh slowly peeling from it's body.
 
It looked at the prey just right in front of him. Annoyed and frustrated with the brown haired man, blocking his prey...
 
"....you're a tough one, I'll give you that.." Impatience soared through it's "mind". The burning agony in it's entire body, it felt like it was crushed inside out.
 
*growl* A threat, it has considered the human in front of him as a dangerous threat. Bleeding is the cause of it's evolution. Shedding it's shield, and forming it into an organic skin in the entirety at the cost of more agile and lethal attacks. Albeit it's infecting nature kept intact.
 
Then, it burst through... Without even charging, not spending a single moment of time as survival was it's need. It was close now, just a few more meters ahead...
 
"For goddess's sake! I told YOU, you are not goiing NEAR THEM!" *Swooosh* An arc formed, clashing with the wind itself, tearing through it's very fabrics til' it became one with it.
 
With a scorn, Marcus followed with a sudden launch. Ildi and Sharon are taking care of Leight, it's up to him to take care until this entity either dies of exhaustion or with his hands alone.
 
"...." Is this really the only thing that he should keep doing? Running away? What can he do? He organized his mind, and thought of a better answer.
 
Nothing, he doesn't have enough skill and innate talent to catch up to them. He could only keep his frustration to himself, why was it chasing after him? Why is he somewhat immune to the infection those entities caused? Maybe he's special aft-
 
'No....' His world slowly crumbled, he doesn't have enough strength to keep up with them. If that's what it is, then how will it affect his future? Maybe they'll leave hi-
 
'....fuck...' He cursed his overclocked mind. With enough recovery, he finally managed to flee at his own.
 
"Wait...! You still haven't rested enough yet! That wound will open again sooner or later!" He knew that, yet he ignored her warnings.
 
"I'm fine..." *Crumble*
 
Startled, the ground shook. Now following the trails of where the evacuatees left, they are left alone in a mass amount of trees, the sun barely touching the ground due to it's thick foilage.
 
'It's bad!' Klover thought, his instincts telling him to run away. That thing's killing intent directed at him, ignoring the huge difference in distance.
 
His blood slowly froze, the twins felt it as well. Revealing a pait of paled faces, they quickly regain composure. With a pair of blue eyes, the twins looked at the entity, intimidated and afraid.
 
"It's always me getting involved into this kind of shit...." Poking the tense atmosphere with the failed attempt, Mivon followed with a nervous laugh.
 
Marcus was barely able to hold it back. What about them?
 
"......" Taking a peek often behind, he saw that Leight was in a critical condition. Although he couldn't see it from afar, he was sure of it. He saw those monsters just crushing those humans like toys. Lest than an evolved variant. With it's extremely fast speed, they were thankful Marcus was there. Or else they would've dead meat a long time ago.
 
He was relieved that he didn't become squashed. Considering it wasn't even an intended by the bull itself.
 
His heart pounding like droplets. Although they are far away, he knew it could catch up to him in no time. That's why-
 
"Let me go." As a teenage boy, he still don't know what to do. He wasn't experienced in this type of situation, all he learned in this world is how to fight. That's all really he really knew. To lead others isn't his forte, he always thought that it would not go well.
 
He would only go with the flow, blending with the crowd, cause that's just what he always do.
 
"I told you th-"
 
"Please, let me...." Their voices is all he heard, intended unidentifying faces, unwillingness to look. Did he feel shame?
 
"....just let him go, Cordelia...." Mivon opposed against his sibling, even if they forced him not too, he'll still do it anyways.
 
"But...." Feeling lost, she let her grip go. Klover fell down, suddenly released from her, he lost his balance.
 
"Thanks...." He stood up, still feeling unwell. He prepared his pocket, full of unused scrolls inside. He snored, he rarely used them today. With the direct hit of the scroll from the monster earlier, it dealt a small dent and once again healed. Making it useless.
 
He hasn't thought more about it. Support type scrolls may have some uses, but he hasn't tested it anyways. To heal Leight, and possibly recover their strength. He took it, finding these scrolls useless to him he gave some of it to the twins.
 
"Here, give some of it to Leight later." With his pressured mind. He could barely think rationally, with the intention to give it to Leight, there's no more actual hope even if Leight was back. Even if it is earlier, the entity would've gotten to him anyway, looking at the situation with Marcus.
 
"....." They accepted it with a nod.
 
"Just say the element and open it if you wish to activate it. The one I gave you is light, so you need say that said element...." He explained.
 
"With the things going on in here, I may or may not probably die not long after. I don't really want to involve you guys, so I'm sticking on my own." Watching from afar, he could see the brown haired uncle, showing signs of fatigue from holding the monster back, Leight in a state of recovery, the two girls prioritized him. Leaving Klover with the twins.
 
".....where are you going anyway....?" Mivon found his statement ridiculous, exaggerated even.
 
"Same destination as you, although I'm going on a different path instead." Right now, it was just them. Going to where Leafa originally was took them to a nearby edge directing to a forest, almost an edge to the bloody battlefield. Most of the fighters may have already retreated or died.
 
"Shit...!" Hearing those destination apart. Klover knew he had no time to waste. With the sudden distorted twitch, he silently gritted in pain.
 
"I'm going now....!" With no further elaboration, he ran....
 
He bought a map with him. With the knowledge Nolan taught him, he atleast knew the very basics of where to navigate.
 
Thus, he was left alone to his own devices....
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
85D 17H 11M, Afternoon
 
In their vision, Klover went farther and farther from them. Until a silhouette was left, leaving them alone.
 
"I think we should follow him." Mivon suggested. Feeling worried for his friend, he was unsure of what will happen to him beyond there.
 
"....." She said nothing.
 
God knows where he will be going.... Are their actions foolish? Why would they just let him go like that? She looked at the sun, patiently waiting for it's slumber. Just few dozen miles, then he'll probably be in Lofren soon after.... Considering the unknown beyond that path, she hopes that he's safe.
 
Mivon took that as a sign of no. What can he do? As a mage, he doesn't have any idea where to start. Once a swordsman, his passion changed due to fear of being  hurt by his opponents in close-combat.
 
Suddenly stuck in a deadlock, something broke that very thing.
 
"S£#&#;&*:#&#&!!!!!!!" A sudden shriek opposed nature's rule itself. They were then suddenly reminded about the moment they are in.
 
".....GRKKKKKHHAAAAAAH!!!!" The brown haired man opposed that very shriek. Like nature had clashed with destruction itself. Then suddenly followed with a shockwave.
 
The air ripplse in slight dissonant, follwed with a sudden great gust of wind. As of now, they know they will only get in the way of their fight.
 
That's why, they'll try to help as much as possible. Starting with what Klover gave them.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
85D 16H 59M, Afternoon
 
The sun still remained mighty, as opposed to time it has barely anytime til' it reached it's slumber. Following the the position of the sun, Klover ran as fast as he can, taking breaks here and there for a minute, then continued his pace.
 
'....that entity didn't really have any intention on eating them....' He speculated, it's vision focused on the fading blues of leaves. He remembered how the bull still remained it's focus on him, ignoring the large difference in distance. He thought, that it would still follow him too.
 
'It's getting colder....' A chill blew from his mouth, running a few miles away, resulted in him being greatly fatigued.
 
'....I still have my rations.....' He had enough for a couple of weeks. Slowly calming his mind, he layed down on a tree to rest for a bit.
 
He wondered, if that entity has it's eyes on him. What part of him made it so attracting. Looking at the deep wound left shoulder, it was already bandaged. Without Ildi, maybe he shouldn't be able to use his left arm again.
 
'Let's see.....' In a couple of minutes, he stood up. Continuing his journey whilst making questionable poses.
 
"HAYAHH!" No one heard him except nature. But the latter sure made it half-embarassing. Feeling a little bit-red, his expression then suddenly changed into a gloomy one.
 
"......" Thinking about it. The action he did earlier could be a sign of betrayal. He left them without a notice, they also have their own priority. Probably in their eyes, they will try to save what's more important to them, excluding Marcus, and the blue haired twins.
 
He shouldn't had done it. He deeply exhaled, his pace remain stagnant. Doubts crossed his mind many times.
 
He's powerless, probably. He should've had been infected by them, but instead....
 
"....." He's thankful he's not. He thought that this probably another innate ability, or something related to Core [Inheritance] 1I've change the name.. But he shrugged it off, thinking that it is a waste of time thinking at a situation like this.
 
*Rumble* The ground vibrated, his sense to the maximum. He doesn't sense anything, but-
 
Within seconds, he realized-
 
".....!" Absolute dread just pierced through his soul, his heart beating in milliseconds. He looked around, sensing the cause of vibration to be found at the opposite direction. It's that thing.
 
-No....! He thought, his rational mind overloaded with stress, yet it kept going. As a survival instinct, he stayed further and further away.
 
What can he do anyway? Even though it's probably weakened, he's still no match for it in terms of endurance.
 
The dreaded thing came in his sight. With his vision alone, it's grosteques appearance is enough to stand out on a serene environment even if it's a thousand meters ahead.
 
"That fast....!?" He was frustrated. Even though his allies were holding it back, it still wasn't enough. Horrified with the thought, he ran to the opposite direction. His breathing abnormal, his heart thumping like a wild engine.
 
And finally came the final shot of adrenaline, he wasn't like Leight and the others. With limited stamina due to limitations of his physique, his stomach already screamed for him to stop.
 
Branches got in the way of his vision, what was once a part of the beautiful landscape, became the poison that always get in his way.
 
"GII¥°¥°$°°°°V_##))#!€=$×$ME!" That eldritch sound feels like it's making him faint. In a few moments, it has already catched up to him. Making it's first attack.
 
*Swoosh* He dodged in instinct. Panting very loudly has clouded his judgement momentarily. Looking at the mark the entity it had left, created a huge dent. Knocking away dozens of trees in a matter of second.
 
Looking at the monster itself, was hard to describe. It's appearance barely resembles the one it had earlier. Flesh of different animals had been found in of it's abdomen. It's face resembles that of bull and a rabid wolf, unable to control it's urges to eat it's prey.
 
"...." Leaving no space to think through, it charges once again. Albeit slower than the earlier conflict, Klover can barely catch up because of it's tremendous agility.
 
He picked up something from his pouch, revealing a scroll. He opened it-
 
"Fire [Fire ball]!" Dependent on it's mana capacity that put by the wearer itself. It is a spell that is often not to be underestimated with, although he doubts that now.
 
Suddenly a ball of fire was summoned, full of life. Slowly taking form as it was aimed at the monster in desperate attempt.
 
*SWOOOSH* In a mere seconds, it collides with the eldritch being.  Not expecting it to be combusted, nor to be slowed down even for just a little bit.
 
Flames spread out, the opposing entity didn't even faze. Yet continued it's unslaught, it's eyes only for the human before it. Despite being injured it uses it's remaining strength just to reach it's goal.
 
It summoned it's tentacles, sacrificing more of it's flesh for more power.
 
"......" His lips quivered. Horrified from what comes next, flexible limbs made of flesh, now started their assault.
 
*Swooosh* With it's lethal needle, he evaded it barely. It's sting pierced the ground, and was then retracted like it has a life of it's own.
 
He slowly backed away, his heightened sense barely keeping him at bay with the monsters attack. He can't fight back, fearing the unknown that comes with it's sting, it wasn't worth it.
 
Then-
 
Multitude of disruptive colors came from his left shoulders, not even noticing it, it spreads out like wildfire through his entire arm.
 
He finally took a hold of his mind, with many things happening at once. He can't take it anymore.
 
With those few seconds, the constant pain that was in his left shoulder was gone. Leaving only a slight fatigue on his body.
 
*SPURT* His entire right arm was decimated. His breathing stopped for a moment, a small opening caused a fatal injury. Failing to register the attack, his brain loaded for a few seconds.
 
"....ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Red liquid spurted out in his right empty shoulder, leaving a gaping hole. Revealing some of it's vital organs in a split second.
 
He felt like throwing up, his mind broke. Stumbling across a rock, he tripped. He didn't care, more like he was too occupied to care. His body rolled in the sea of trees, everything was spiraling down in a loop.
 
The terrain was not helping either. Following in a downward path, he can't control his entire body. Way too focused on the pain itself.
 
Not even noticing the large tree thunk that is set to collide with his head, with little to no energy left to move he met his fate.
 
*Thunk*
 
Everything went black.
 
He should've have stayed with the twins instead....
 

Almost two months, since I last posted a chapter. Not really sure if you anyone's gonna like this one, felt like the pacing is too fast and full of plotholes. I can't really describe some scenes while writing this. I'll try to improve later. Still rewriting past chapters to release it at once.

 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
3