W1 – 36: L – Musings of Unknown
39 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A pitch black void. Once again, his weak constitution never had failed to piss him off. But those emotions remained locked- no perhaps interwoven in the endless stream of flow. Where the 'Flow' overwhelms the feeling- he was like the sea, following where the stream would take take him.
 
"Experiment.....Endfall." A murmur entered his ears. The flow remained unhinged. Remains but a slight whisper in his ears.
 
"Containment field had......" The sounds medical alarm started beeping with wanton abandon. The visions were showned onto him, but remains vague.
 
'Who were they?' He thought.
 
"..ched a certain.....!" All he knew was that he was the water, so as the water is him, but it can only take him so far. He felt like a rock stuck in a hard place, the 'Flow' should have been able to circumvent that.
 
"Threshold!" The scientist, judging from the voice. It had sounded feminine, wearing white lab coat- her eyes became that of awe and terror.
 
"Tch....! Should've been......!"Bubbles filled his entire vision. The transparent liquid became much more concentrated and it's color turned a orange tint.
 
"What......out.............her?" All became but an orange blur, faces became much more simplified. To the point where it looked much like a simplified sphere.
 
"Reaching instability! Injecting monotypes....!" The woman's voice was the last thing he heard-
 
Then, everything ended with a black.
 
.
 
Murmurs are heard- remains but constant descrepancy in hearing. Time was not by his side, he doesn't know where he is. Does he even want to know at this point?
 
.
 
His eyes finally opened, lack of vigor- became emotionless. Air became awknowledged, it entered through his orifice- vertigo hit him like truck, his body in dissonance in mind.
 
His periphery welcomed the same forest clearing- a dangerpus forest full of dangerous monsters. Just why did he even attempt to enter the unknown?
 
It's obvious, to become strong ofcourse- to get used the pressure whereas an average person might just shit themselves to death. He clenched his fist.
 
"I did it..." The revelation still remained rent free in his head. Like- as if he couldn't just accept it. The reptile was far much more stronger than him. Good thing he was agility based, he seemed to avoid it's attacks with fair- even avoiding getting a ticket to "death" itself as he lost his balance.
 
He saw Ana, eyes remained squinted. She stood in perfect grace, uncaring of the bloody work at everythijg around her, she noticed him.
 
"Well you're finally awake. That's a relief."
 
Klover grunted in response, just a single shot of adrenaline and every part of his system just turned radio silent. He fixed his bearings as he stood up, the musky iron stench- filled with blood and viscera gave him an uncomfortable feeling.
 
"Gross..." He commented, trying to remember that weird dream that he had earlier- but he just couldn't picture it. Looking at Ana, he felt a great sense of familiarity- he wasn't sure if she felt the same too, but it could've be just his mind playing tricks on him.
 
"Says the one who's partially cover in said flesh..." The white haired girl landed her spear in the ground, rubbing her eyes as she was overcome with.
 
"Hurry up, 'A man can become stronger in the midst of battle, lest than on the leash of death- will a man emerge much more hardened.'" She went on first, leaving Klover behind.
 
"Ugh, fine- wait up!" He said, leaving nature to clean up the mess of bloody reptiles Ana had caused.
 
Memory of earlier dream quickly faded like dusts.
 
.
 
Venturing much more deeper into the forest, thick shrubbery became much more sighted- eliciting a purple color, stood proudly as it swayed.
 
That is until a single woman cut it down like paper.
 
*Swoooosh* The air screamed in response, the large shrub ceased to be. Alongside her, Klover watched in awe in how she held the swordspear with such proficiency and strength.
 
Not even Marcus, nor Leight and the others could replicate that feat per se. The slender body that she had was very decepting, one would think as her as an ordinary person, instead as a calm and calculating warrior.
 
The lack of muscle wrought great falsehood, cutting things that Klover couldn't with great ease. Not that he should pry into her secrets- but maybe that's just the perks of her being a Representative?
 
Perhaps it's too exagerating to say that, she didn't even confirmed it to herself- not that she even intends to in the first place. But Klover was still ignorant in how the world shit work- Nolan said that such people had the ability to alter reality to their will, some said they had the power to further push the human civilization to prosperity, perhaps they are disciple of the Goddess Aria, to lead and liberate people in a path of the least resistance....
 
Anything was possible, there also famed heroes out there that had might the same- if not much more stronger than Ana.
 
But he never saw it to himself. That's why this half-assed training is his opportunity- maybe he can point out his bad habits and weaknesses and work on it. He looked the sky-covered leaves, worried about the path in which he was going in.
 
75D 14H 23M - Time Until Arrival
 
A peaceful afternoon, nature blends with wind swaying leaves on about. The murky and grim atmosphere surrounded the forest clearing, exotic and dangerous plants threatening to kill the two for it's benefit has been the norm, since Klover woke up minutes ago.
 
Relying on a girl made Klover feel weird, the roles were switched but that's what you can expect in another world. Thick vegetations were cut immediately with Ana's materialized sword- realizing that a sword spear can be a bit too excessive, she switched to other alternatives.
 
The still silent brought focus within the two- Although Klover is just replicating what the white haired girl did, cautiously checking the place for natural traps and possible predators, given they probably ventured in the deepest parts of the forest.
 
"...." No one said a word, for Klover- this was also an experience, to learn not to attract attention to the enemies.
 
Moments later, the girl whispered.
 
"The same reptillian species that you killed earlier. You'll be fighting the former once again, this time," She pointed at the herd of lizards almost two times the size of a comodo dragon.
 
"You'll be killing them groups." His face paled, but he couldn't shout in compliance, he bit his teeth as he calmed himself down.
 
"I can't do that...!" 'What kind of bullshit is this, are you sending me to my death!?' He wanted to scream that thought out of his lungs, cold sweat poured through his body.
 
"I told you Klover, only can a man who's on a tight leash of death can he emerge victorious and hardened." Her grip hardened the swordspear in her hands.
 
"Even things get worse, you still got me right? If things didn't go out as planned I'll take it as a failure, think of me as a failsafe in case something goes wrong."
 
He snapped.
 
"Fuck off..! I'm not like you okay...!" He said with a mutter, air rising through his lungs "I'm not strong like you to be able to take care of things like this....! You saw it right- about how a single reptillian is enough to bring me to my kne-
 
"But you killed it right...?" He was silent for a bit. Awed at the audacity of what the girl was saying, he shook his head. This was too much...
 
He closed his eyes, air rushing in through his nostrils as he breathe out.
 
"That's not what I meant-"
 
"Then you have the capabilities to take it on as such." Her eyes bore cold indifference gazed straight toward him, he flinched in response- then daring to glare back at her head on.
 
"....you did this to yourself, Klover." Those words made Klover grit his teeth, he clicked his mouth.
 
"Only a few days left, then we're splitted apart." He could barely contain the venom through his words, he prepared his chiso-katana with almost a length of a human leg.
 
"You can keep that." She added. Her swordspear hummed, vibrating in symphony- the moment she weilded it, colors of different variance splashed the small fabric of reality in the tip of the blade, making it it's own.
 
Klover shrugged in response into seeing that spectacular scene, as ignorant of the real mechanisms the weapon performed.
 
"I'll go now." He said as he left. Leaving Ana alone in her bearings.
 
.
 
She looked at the boy, a small sigh escaped through her mouth.
 
"Persistent, weak, and a....coward." One would say she let those words out frustration if only her emotions would soon follow, but she cannot feel anything- more like she forced herself as so.
 
She was the backbone of the entire operation, one that would aid her world back to it's knees. A sudden pierce of sound in the air behind her back did not even made her flinch.
 
*Swooosh* The culprit could have aimed at it successfully, if only the opponent wasn't her in the first place- experienced veterans would flinch at the sudden ambush- but for her... This was just another day.
 
"Green skinned large muscly fellow along with a...." She closed her mouth, then proceeds to open once again.
 
"A small tiny green creature...." She sighed, a goblin- or so what her colleagues had spoken, and the other one in front of her- was....
 
"Too tired to name things like this...." She rosed her left arm, materializing yet another weapon in her arms. Colorless spikes portruded in her hand. With a flicker-
 
The skirmish had already ended.
 
*Splash* Blood spat on the ground, followed along with the sound of wood splintering itself to oblivion- red took over a small amount of meadow grassland.
 
*Swoooosh* Another projectile threatened to hit her nape- just as it was about to make contact with her skin. It just simply moved to the side, as if the world just refused to let her die.
 
She prompted a vertical slash,
 
*SWOOOOSH* *Shwingggg*
 
Arms remained but a blur aimed at the perpetrator in a large tree branch just a few meters above her. Before her eyes gazed upon the former, it had already ceased to be.
 
"GHIIIIhiKkk.....!!!!"  A large muscly goblin shrieked in primal fear his cover exposed in plain sight, holding tightly to it's big club as it closed it's distance to the white haired girl.
 
More and more goblins showed up, drooling in glee- along with bloodlust and fear, a half of them retreated to forest, whereas the former all charged at the girl with reckless abandon, as instincts had told them-
 

 

That this girl could not be left alive...
 
Even deducting the total amount of them- they still total to about a thousand or so. Where did they came from? Ana didn't know.
'A top of the food chain perhaps...?' She questioned.
 
She prepared her stance, originally intent on using her powers- she refrained as such, a lock of hair fell hanging from her face. She blew it-
 
As Ana finally charged head-on.
 
Her became the wind as she slashed the monsters with severe ease slowly the forest into a hellscape- the skin of the goblins- especially the ones with extremely muscular build remained true to it's toughness.
 
Her swordspear struggled to pierced the goblin's hide, she quickly alternated her position, performing a single somersault up onto the air, gathering momentum as she spun her entire body in an alarming rate, the very point of her weapon pierced the very nape.
 
Blood splurted, another splinter broke within the large goblin's spine- it's throat portruded on the very outside of the muscly goblin's body, she felt like slicing a piece of paper, she moved on onto another.
 
They kept going after another- she remained laxed. Ana prompted another strike, an oppressing aura imbued the swordspear causing a few goblin's to stop at their tracks.
 
Not even giving them time to react- it was now her turn to slaughter them with wanton abandon...
 
*Swooosh* A speed that cannot be traced by a human eye- all remains was a blur of endless death around it she swiftly slashed one after another with grace- footwork in harmony, like still water free of instability.
 
"GHIIKKKHH-" *Swoosh* *Schinggg* She heard the desperate screams, the order slowly crumbling as seconds had passed, she charged at the muscly goblin. Doing the same stance that she formerly used against the latter one. She zigged-zagged against the horde of terrified goblins, she leaped with grace- as she spun her body into full 180, gathering another terrifying momentum into her system, gripping her weapon as tight as she could.
 
"!!!" The larger goblin roared in defiance, as anger took over it's face. It swung it's club in mad desperation- whereas she calmly assesed the interval point of hit. The wind shook, the pressure coiled to oblivion- the giant club roared.
 
The swing turned into oppurtunity, in a small split second she adjusted her stance, the club a hair's breadth in her face, she rosed her hands- as she tapped the club with her petite hands- a power beyond comprehension as the tip of her fingers glew in a still static.
 
*BOOOOOOM!!!!!*
 
The earth shook- the ground rose in cracks pieces by pieces, nature soon reacted. Habitats fled in fear as if the world had came to it's final conclusion. Dust settled in, as the warriror had come to claim it's victory. There stood a white haired girl- sitting atop of the broken pieces of rocks.
 
She frowned, her eyes glowed in disgust and confusion. She sighed.
 
She casts her eyes to the surrounding debris, goblins either crushed to death and then grinded into meatpaste, or simply just survived out of dumb luck.
 
'This isn't good...' She feels like mentally slapping herself- But she must hurry back to the boy first- she felt like something bad is going to happen to him.
 
"Kek-Ghiiikkkek!!!!" More and more goblins arose from the debris unharmed, their eyes bore anger and confusion, simply slamming the ground with their limpy legs out of pure frustration.
 
"KKKKiiiiiiiiekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!" Another goblin spat in gibberish tounge, this time- It wasn't like the same skinny and buffed goblins that she previously fought. It instead wore a robe, a very tattered robe that's full of tatters and cuts.
 
This time, madness bore into it's eyes. The goblins in turn- as if to resonate with the mage goblin roared.
 
"Gghhhhhiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!" They charged with reckless abandon- as if a swarm that threatened to swallow her ahole.
 
"Tch..." Her colleugues had previously said that the habitat's residing within this world, taking humans out of the picture- were much more ferocious, more resilient, and had a great survivability.No matter how much shit were you to throw at them- they always came back much more adapted.
 
The weird pungent air that she always smelled since coming here. It had always been like that since she was always fighting monsters almost everytime since she came here, to adjust her fighting abilites to fit within this world.
 
The higher ups, as they had stated...
 
"Different worlds, came with different cultures- to study them means living with them for a few- no a few decades. But we're not here for that right?
 
She nodded instinctively. Her weapon emitting another chilling aura- she was a fool, as always for playing with the enemy.
 
'Hypocrite.' She said to herself. She mentally slapped herself, she then went into motion- she singlehandedly spun her swordspear.
 
*Splash* As if the world was a canvas, she was the artist- the tip of the blade became but paint brush, atleast what her mind had manifested it as such.
 
Colors arosed from her system. Suddenly, everything from her vision paused as the world became a monochrome, she was floating. Then time went in to go against her rule, the world continued it's flow of time.
 
Gravity came in to take her from very ground, she landed with subtle grace- she closed her distance at the goblins with precise movement, they didn't even have time to react as her "Brush" simply stroked them with no direct contact whatsoever
 
Reality soon followed. Goblins within her mental range splatted in green hue, mixed with red mess, like how an artist would make their first mistake at reckless mixing a color pallete with an incompatible one. The swordspear- now "Brush" imbued with varying spectrum of colors.
 
She spun her body into motion, as stray arrows and fireballs threatened to kill her. Dodging them whilst complimenting her movement.
 
*Splasshhhhhhh* In matter of seconds- she stroke her "Brush" with a wide range of motion- her will within extending the range further- as the goblins, muscly or not, were splattered into green and meatpaste in an instant- hastily rushing her way to the goblin in tattered robes- whose panicking as it struggles to solve the current predicament before it. Before it even manages to gaze it's eyes on the battlefield.
 
It's vision spun- it's vision filled red as the girl was already in front of it. It's head was separated from it's body.
 
It's beheaded vision once again landed on the corpses of it's kin. Either squashed into a messed in green and red hue, it felt fear.
 
As death had come to take it's life. The battle ended in almost a minute- with a few hundred goblins against a single woman.
 
The latter became victorious.
 
.
 
"Annoyance." Ana commented. As she rushed to the direction Klover was heading.
 
 
 
.
 
 
Deep ventured into the thick amazon-ish forest, Klover slowly strolled as his eyes scanned the entire environment around him. His foot stepped into the mud- as splashing noises did he produce.
 
"....." He was angry, frustrated, and even- conflicted. What kind of sane person would send someone directly straight to their death- sure as hell Ana got that first place in his mental note.
 
Vegetations thick enought as thorny bushes, along with a grasslands that lengths over the size of an average human waist. He fears the unknown, confidence were through out through his system- as his leather boots did he rely as his life was on a thread of both living and the dead.
 
He mentally organized himself. Nothing was down there, it's just small dose of paranoia- Ana made clear of that while they were venturing along the way. Just a few harmless bugs the size of a human hand and he's fine.
 
A year of living with this world, he became accustomed to the abnormal sizes of anthropods- big or not, as long as they are not harmful, then it's good, if it's not- you might as well run with your life.
 
Moving aside, the previous battle of the reptile... He realized something- perhaps some sort of epiphany that he can perhaps improve? A probable dichotomy.
 
Fainting.... Along with his shitty constitution- of always using a fuck ton of adrenaline every time he was always in a life and death situation. He thought of it as normal as humans experience a severe temporary fatigue and weakness to their psyhiology should adrenaline occur.
 
Whike his case was normal, it is a critical liability to live in a world like this. Just one shot- and he's out of the ring.
 
The dark murky forest singed in harmony, foilages swaying on about. The sunlight blocked by the canopy of leaves, showing only the most tiniest of rays  beneath the dense leaves.
 
Now for the the environment- with the wolf he encountered in the past, habitats have the most advantage during in a dangerous situation, while he himself wasn't.
 
Another step he took-
 
*BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!" A shockwave- caused a massive disorder all inhabitants in an instant as a mountainful pleas of animal sounds was reverbrated throughout the forest- shook Klover out of his stupid reverie.
 
"What the fuck?!!" He muttered. He instinctively ran away. His body screaming at him to run away, he chokes in his saliva, breathing in- breathing out-
 
He looked at the direction at the shockwave- his eyes focused, his right arm preparing to unsheathe his dagger. His breathing in complete still- as the world slowly stopped into motion.
 
Suddenly- everything completely stopped. From the peaceful ambient, to the sudden explosion, to the pleas of the habitats, suddenly.... just stopped.
 
His body paralyzed in an awkward position, eyes that cannot move, his entire system was frozen in place.
 
His consciousness remains, cracks appeared as laws became violated. He can only look at the spectacle in awe, cracks filled static buzz filled the small part of the intersection of said crack.
 
'Is this what it looks like if the world were.... to meet it's doom....?' He doesn't know what to think, what to feel about the sudden situation.
 
'....looks like a static thing from that television thing from the 90s...' He mentaly awkwardly laughed,
 
Then it everything went to it's true default. Monochrome became chromatic, what's not working became functional- as time continued it's flow once again.
 
His face morphed into confusion.... Eyes searching for asnwers as the cracks in the ground went on it's wanton rampage. His attention averted, he ran into the opposite direction, his eyes darted at the small hill- the main epicenter, he clicked his mouth. That's where he and Ana, originally was resided earlier.
 
Confusion turned into doubt, then turned into concern. He ran further into the opposite direction. Just what had happened?
 
"GHHHHIIiiiikkkkkkkkKkkk" A shriek, a one that had resembled a gibberish tounge, arose another shriek- one after another.
 
'They weren't the same voice?' Dread slowly crept, as he continued his pace. Fatigue became palpable, breathing became unstabilized. He shook his head, he shouldn't act like this- he must stay calm.
 
His very periphery spotted a signle green creature. His eyes widened, as more and more goblin's swarmed through his direction.
 
'The hell!????' He inwardly cursed, stuck in a predicament he never expected. His mind searched for answer's as to how to avoid this said predicament.
 
'First the random cracks, and now a shit ton of goblin's are now after me,' He screamed internally, as he swept into motion- avoiding them as much as he can.
 
'At the very least, they're..... they're not...not here for me?' He pace slowened as the swarm kept going at his way. He hid in a nearby bush, as the steps became palpable, many thumping sounds passed through his senses.
 
A few moments had passed. His eyes widened in fear- breathing in and out. As goblin's- so to say their larger and more bulkier versions of them- hobgoblins fled through his direction like a swarm of wasps, but it wasn't directed at him. But still a bad thing.
 
He could get involve in their horde as they fled with reckless abandon, uncaring of the hazardous terrain. He could take care of goblins the same as breathing but hobgoblins are a different breed.
 
More larger, more intelligient, some even speculated that they've gain a portion of sapience. Becoming aware of being aware.
 
He shook his head, he stood no chance against them. He can barely take care of one, now how about a horde of them- with smaller goblins to boot?
 
"Basic [Body Strengthening]...." He muttered, the feeling of lightness filled his body, as moved with caution, mind working in impulse, he sneakily went his way put against the horde.
 
Using bushes as a way to camouflage himself from the ongoing horde he leapt in one of the tall trees, as he swept his way through the forest clearing filled with goblins. Slowly jumping from one giant branch to another with caution.
 
He timed his jumps, not used to the length that must be leapt from branch to another. He even prompted as such- slowly but surely as he made his way against the horde.
 
'Almost a dozen meter in length....' He thought in fear. He wondered how was he alive at this point as he kept going in motion. Heart racing as it pumps blood, enough to supply him a plenty amount of adrenaline.
 
But this time? Maybe he'll make himself a challenge while on it. Trying not to faint after the adrenaline, usually people always fainted from severe exhaustion after a moment's burst of adrenaline, in this world?
 
'Yeah, it's not normal.' It's something that he must accept, to fit in this world's standard. For one year, he barely got the basics of the entire world's literature, language, etiqutte and the such. Combat was also not the exception either...
 
'At this point, I wondered if I'm still qualified as a fighter..." His emotion took a sudden steep, but he got rid of it immediately.
 
"Slow steps.... that's right slow steps...." He then continued onward, back to the direction he and Ana once temporarily resided as the after shock of cracks remain but a hazard in his way.
 

A mission can go away when life is in the plate.

3