Chapter 2 – Thea
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flipping through pages of my science book was the last thing I wanted to do. My mom stood at the dining room table sipping coffee. My phone was right next to me. If only I could just . . . I reached for my phone

"Did you finish your studying?" My mom asked.

"Huh? What? Oh uh . . . "

"No? Well leave your phone and get to it." 

I groaned, "Why is this such a big deal?" I muttered and keep looking at my book.

A scream from outside got my attention. Immediately I stood.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Who knows? It's fine. Get back to work."

Ugh, parents. 

"Fine." I sit back down. 

Another scream and then something red splattered against the window. Now it was my turn to scream. 

My mom looked up startled and when she saw the red syrupy stuff on the windows she too screamed.

"Get in your room and-" The door burst open and a large flamey monster stepped through. I darted towards the back exit. Then remembered my mom. I turned and saw the monster take its claw and shove it through her heart. I struggled to breath. My father had already died, now this?! 

I sobbed and quickly left. I ran through destruction of my old home. People yelling and screaming, crys of pain. Pure torture for my ears. Three monsters emerged from the forest. Two chased after other people but one looked directly at me. I ran. I could tell it was following. I jumped over fences and through doors and out windows. I finally ran into a wall. I turned, about to run. The monster stood there. It opened its big jaws and . .  .

"A!" A person yelled, "Get away from there!" The monster crept back. 

Relief washed over me. I was about to say thank you when I saw the person. The most shady dude I had ever seen was in front of me. Dark clothing, dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin, a frowning face. I shivered.

"Who are you?!" I commanded as I stood up straight.

"The names Ivan. You?" The pure anger that boiled up inside me at his calm matter was so strong I thought I was about to explode.

"That's not something you need to know." I thought about it, "Did YOU send out these monsters to kill us?"

"Not exactly." He paused, "I sent out that one and-" Anger was so strong in me now.

"So it was you?! What was your train of thought when doing that?! To kill everyone?!" I yelled at him.

"Calm down yesh." He rolled his eyes,  "I only sent out three." He held up the number with his fingers.

"Who sent out the rest then?"

"How am I supposed to know?" He shrugged.

I groaned, "Okay. I'm Thea." I held out my hand.

He sighed and went over and shook my hand.

I pulled him close and whispered in his ear, "Don't think I believed that you only sent three. I WILL uncover your secrets." I pulled away.

I turned around and left, "Try not to get killed!" I called over my shoulder.

I ran away from him and his weird words. I ran through torture. I found myself in the forest. I climbed up a tree and stayed there. I watched everything below me. I tried not to cry. No monsters noticed me.


I jumped down from the tree when one of the monsters did noticed me. I ran farther then I had intended. Dark trees surrounded me and I was alone with nothing but my thoughts. My mom. I leaned against and tree and slowly slide down so that I was sitting. I felt tears beginning to form but I blinked them away. 

"What's wrong darling?" A voice spoke into my ear. 

I jumped and my eyes fluttered open. A boy sat next to me, grinning.

"What's your name?" He asked in a soothing voice. 

He had black hair with a red streak in it, his skin was pale and his eyes were a dark color. I blushed and immediately began to pull away. His hands didn't reach out but I saw that long black tentacles were in his back. They grabbed me and pulled me close.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch that. What'd you say your name was?"

I resisted because I didn't know this person. I tugged and pulled then a memory flashed in me. 

Five years old. Playing in the forest. A small boy went up to me and asked me where I was from. It wasn't long before we were friends. We grew up together. Then he disappeared one night into the woods. The night before he had hugged me and told me he loved me. He had left and I hadn't seen him since.

"August?" I choked on the name.

"The one and only." He grinned.

I wrapped him in a hug. Using his actual arms he hugged me back. He whispered in my ear,

"I still love you."

"W-what?" I pushed away.

He bit his lower lip, "That night . . . I wasn't lying." He shrugged, "Do you remember?" 

I nod, "It's just weird. It's been forever and that's the first thing you say?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He let go of me and looked off into the forest.

"You didn't even say goodbye." I mumbled.

"Yeah . . . I'm sorry . . . again." He got up and looked down at me, "I have to go. Bye." He clapped his hands together and vanished.

"Not again!" I yelled out and found myself sobbing, not bothering to hold it back.

I had gotten him but lost him again, my father and mother were dead, all my other family members didn't even know I existed. My life was gone. I had NO ONE.

 

1