Ch 5: [Spear Novice]
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' Now the spear...'

Felix with this new confirmed knowledge decided to practice a bit of spearsmanship, one would say that it was ' an amateur attempt ' if they were trying to remain friends with him. He just kinda slashed that, stabbing something there and throwing the spear a couple of times. Nothing really happened and was about to give up after 20 minutes, at the end he decided to try to spin the spear between his hands since it would look cool.

Of course, spinning required some ability, but he didn't give up doing it since he saw some cool animation with a spear deflecting arrows by simply spinning the spear fast enough, of course, it wouldn't work in the real world, but it looked cool enough to try in this nonsensical land, and eventually...

〈 Gained skill [Spear Novice LV1] through constant usage 〉

〈 Title [Spear user] Acquired 〉

' Nice '

Felix got himself a new skill as he intended and a bonus title, he actually liked the womanly voice that comes with the notification

' Where does it comes from? who's the cool voice actor? '

Felix continued his previous thoughts. It did take some time and he got some new information about the system, it was a mere spect of dust compared to the beach of questions he had but a little knowledge was always welcomed in his eyes. He inspected and evaluated his new skills.

[Spear Novice LV1: Makes the basics of spear weapons easier to understand and apply]

' ??? '

Felix was confused about the skill, it was vague as fuck, it didn't really give him any visible benefit... wait didn't [Conjecture] also not give him a visible benefit and only affected...

His mind?...

"I might be insane"

Felix got a bit surprised about the thought that remained in his mind, [Conjecture] and [Spear Novice] implied that somehow the system could influence the mind of the user towards something. He was kind of scared about this near-omnipotent thing since he did feel a change in how easy it seemed to make suppositions about stuff.

First of all, it should be impossible to do that, he knew that it would be possible to influence his mind externally, he knew he was not immune to propaganda after all, and he definitely would crack under ' advanced interrogation techniques '.

But basically, injecting information directly into his brain? now that was something that should not be possible.

' Or is it? '

Considering that the brain is only a VERY specific arrangement of atoms, it could be said that as long as you understand it should be possible to just not only inject, but also clone and reproduce and even erase information from someone if you put aside the amount of processing power one would need to that task.

It also could be that life is a simulation, maybe his conscience was somehow copied in the moment of his ' summon ' and put in a game? it would be a bit similar to steins;gate but it wasn't out of the equation. Actually, now that he thought about it there were too many ways for this situation to go.

Is he insane? is he a digital simulation of himself? is he actually summoned?

〈 [Conjecture] went from LV2 → LV3 through skill usage 〉

"Not now god!"

As Felix got woken up from his internal rambling by ' god ', he simply sighed and shrugged.

"What can you do anyway?"

There really was nothing to do, that was obvious from the start, but panicking about the future and current circumstances even though he was powerless to change it was Felix's nature. It wasn't helping in this case so he focused on the title next.

 [Spear user: The user uses spears! how surprising!

Passive:  +1 Strength

                 +2 Dexterity

Active:    Spears wastes 5% fewer STA points

                 - For those who wield the spear as a weapon]

' Still childish '

It was a bit confusing how the voice of the system was a lovely woman with a serious and cold attitude, while the messages pertinent to the titles and even some of the skills were poking fun at the user.

[Arcane Survivor] was a difficult title to obtain, actually, it seemed impossible to obtain under normal circumstances. Since the title implies that the human body isn't supposed to manipulate magic it is inferred that this ' metamorphosis ' occurs while being an embryo.

' Not much in the paint department when you are a single-celled organism '

Felix was grumbling while saying stuff like ' lucky fetuses ' and similar creepy-sounding phrases, he found the titles to be extremely childish and gritted his teeth the first time he saw it since they mocked him. But now he noticed a bit of the meaning behind those messages.

' Maybe it is poking fun at itself? '

〈 [Conjecture] went from LV4 → LV5 through skill usage 〉

' I don't know how to interpret that god! are you poking fun at yourself !? '

Felix was a bit surprised at the rate at which [Conjecture] was being leveled, he was thinking thought, maybe people here don't like to think?

' Not my problem '

Felix continued his journey.


 

Felix thankfully found a river after traveling through the plains for another hour, the sun was started to set on the horizon. It was probably another hour before it became completely dark and Felix was feeling rather strange.

' I'm a bit... hungry? '

Felix was feeling rather weird, he definitely felt the usual hunger but it was rather calm, like really calm. He could notice the feeling of ' wanting to eat ' but not the pain that it came up with, he tried to think about it but simply gave up. as for the river.

"it's definitely a river"

That's really what could be said about it, a rather normal river that was going towards the direction he was already going, so he decided to simply try to ' fish for some fish '.

It was an interesting experience in his opinion, it basically revolved around him trying to see how to handle the spear so that thrusting motion would not slow down after it entered the water, the first fish was a miss. sadly.

' Did not take refraction into account '

Since the light bends a bit when entering the water, it objects would appear a bit to side from where they actually were, so it provoked him to miss, now with the knowledge, he continued fishing, he actually got one.

"Soooo, how the fuck do I cook this?"

The answer was a fire, Felix had not much of an idea to make fire. He understood that there were ways to make fire out of nothing but he simply didn't know them.

So he tried to do them, If something is worth doing then it's worth doing poorly, or so his mother told him, after getting some dry grass and a piece of wood collected while he was traveling, he decided to try to make a fire.

And so he decided to try and do it.

He did the thing that ' survivor tv shows that were actually good ' taught him, first he cut a stick in half vertically and laid it so that the flat side faced the sky, then he made a notch on the flat side using his spear, the notch was as wide as the other stick he got.

The next thing was a way to reliably spin the stick, he could do it with his hands, but the stick needed to be a little pressed into the notch so that the friction generated could get a lit ember, making it difficult to actually spin continuously, since the hands would naturally recede into the bottom.

He got his answer on his boots, they were actually pretty similar to construction boots, so they had some shoelaces, he got one of them and made a slit in the top of the stick where he put the shoelace. After that he simply made a knot to secure the shoelace to his thumbs, now his hands would not go slide down no matter how much pressure he put.

' Now is the test of fire '

Felix started spinning the stick, and for a few minutes he was at it, his hands felt a bit weird since the stick was quite rough, after a bit, he checked for embers.

' None, gotta wait for a bit more '

He continued the cycle of spinning and checking a few times until he got some embers, after that he carefully transported the embers into the dry grass and gently blew on it for it to catch fire, after a few seconds...

"SUCCESS"

He pumped his fist into the air and put the newly created fire into the little pit he made earlier and started piling a bit more dry grass with a few more sticks to serve as firewood.

"Now the fish..."

The fish had some cut across its side, it was supposed to let the stench of it exit its body, something his dad taught him while he was drunk talking about his early life. He simply proceeded to scale the fish, he has some more ideas about it.  Scaling with a spear was first for him, after gutting the finish he just put on a stick that he dunk on the river and put it on the fire.

"Don't know if this is right but it should be close"

Felix didn't have any water, the river should be somewhat drinkable but without a pot in which he could put the water it would be impossible to obtain boiled water that was 100% purified and without isekai'd bacteria on his menu.

' This a different world, so I don't have any idea of what type of diseases are there, there definitely could be super tuberculosis '

〈 [Conjecture] went from LV7 → LV8 through skill usage 〉

"Thank you, god"

Felix got accustomed to thanking the voice every time he heard it, it was technically helping him so he decided to simply thank it, he had already the weird habit of thanking everyday objects for doing their job correctly, as a way to subconsciously tell his coworker that they were useless compared to a refrigerator.

Anyways he got some level-ups.

He got [Spear Novice LV1 → LV3 ] from trying some stances and actually hitting his target, he even had thrown his spears once!, [Meditation LV1 → LV2] came from him trying someway to use magic since he technically had MP and some Arcane and Attunement Stats, and finally [Mental Fortitude LV1 → LV2] From simply not giving up magic even though it didn't work.

As for new Skills.

 

[Fishing Novice: Makes the basics of fishing easier to understand and apply]

He obtained it when he was starting fishing and continued to do so

 

[Swimming: Makes it possible to swim on liquids similar to water]

He obtained it when he fell into the river and swam, he actually got the 6 Lives almost instantly, he guessed that it was because he had prior experience swimming, which awarded him a point in [Conjecture].

 

Felix was thinking about what exactly to do to gain some new skills, they seemed to be easy to get as long as you knew what you were doing, which he was not sure at all. He simply shrugged and continued to make a little clearing for him to simply lie down, a bit of dry grass wrapped in the green cape that he got, apparently it was the [Guest Cloak] that he got from [Otherwordler], all with the purpose of making a 'shelter'.

〈 Title [Basic Survivor] acquired 〉

"Thank you, god"

〈 Skill [Faith LV1] gained through skill usage 〉

"wah-"

〈 Title [Believer] acquired 〉

"... Thank you, god?"

"..."

After Felix got confirmation that he wasn't going to be interrupted by the system again, he thanked again by reflex and decided to simply inspect before deciding something.

[Faith LV1: When having faith in someone or something, grants a +2 HP to that person]

' So a support ability? why would I use t- wait it doesn't consume MP?'

This was huge, technically speaking, if you made yourself a god wouldn't it mean that you could get a shitton of free HP? yes it would, it actually seemed less than a religious thing and more of a ' power of friendship ' type skill.

 

[Basic Survivor: The user made the basic to survive while in the wilderness alone, he gets to live another day!

Passive:  +5 Vitality

                 

Active:  +10 Vitality

               +10 Endurance

               - For those who can survive for a while in nature, by themselves.]

' Doesn't seem too difficult to obtain, and the stats are decent '

 

[Believer: The user believes strongly in something, wonders how true is what he believes in?

Passive: +3 Intelligence

 

Active:    When using [Faith] or its evolutions toward a living being, grants 40% of its effect to the user.

                    -For those who believe in someone]

' Interesting, guess this is for some sort of cleric/priest/healer/support class type stuff? '

"[Conjecture] went from LV8 → LV9 through skill usage"

"Thank you, god"

 


 

Name: Felix Balch [Otherworlder]    |    LV: 22    |    Age: 22    |    Race: Human (%100)

 

|Resources|

HP: 330/330 (0.33/min)  |   MP: 280/280 (0.33/min)  |   STA: 280/280 (3.8/min)

 

|Stats|

Strength:           31 (+1)  |  Dexterity:                     37 (+2)

Luck:                   15           |  Intelligence:                92 (+2

Speed:                 28          |  Endurance:                 23 [230/hr] 

Vitality:              33 (+5) |  Regeneration:           20 [20/hr ]

Arcane:               28         |  Attunement:              20 [20/hr ]

 

|Skills|

 [Mental Fortitude LV2], [Meditation LV2], [Pain Resistance LV 5], [Conjecture LV9], [Spear Novice LV3], [Fishing Novice LV2], [Swimming LV 6], [Faith LV1]

 

|Equpiment|

[Guest Cloak (%99)], [Guest Pants (%99)], [Guest Shirt (%99)], [Guest Boots (%98)], [Guest Ring of Feather Falling (%0)]

 

|Titles Earned| 

[Otherworlder], [Arcane Survivor], [Forcibly Summoned Individual], [Spear User], [Believer]

4