Chapter 6 : Back To The Palace
179 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

White Fox saw that the messy hickey on his body disappeared, and the joy with the young man that night seemed to be no longer real just like a dream. 

If it wasn't for the fact that she had been in this unknown cave for several weeks now, White Fox would never have believed that it was all true.

As a nine-tailed demon fox, it's no problem for her to seduce people physically and mentally, but the other party is Jiang Ziya who once easily made her show her true shape, so that's another matter. 

If it wasn't for her living obediently and peacefully beside him for more than half a year, which had already earned his trust a little bit, she might not have been able to escape that night.

Recalling the young man who was  completely different from previous at that night, her heartbeat accelerated inexplicably, and her face even felt a little hot. 

These days, she couldn't help recalling the scenes that made her blush and  heartbeat. Even the scene when she silently said goodbye to the sleeping young man when she finally escaped, she also relived it countless times in her dreams.

She didn't know if that was called reluctance. Just before leaving, she traced his outline three times and left a kiss on his eyebrows. She cast a spell to immerse him in a sweet dream, wondering if the young man in the dream heard what she said: Goodbye.

When she walked under the hibiscus tree, she actually hesitated. Just escape from here, or stay here for three years as agreed before leaving? 

Her nature likes freedom and liveliness, and she doesn't like this wilderness without people, but it's not that she can't consider the company of young people.

It's just that the king never forgets her, and it must be a disease of longing. How can she rest assured to live here? In the past, the courtiers always scolded her for being coquettish and bewildering, but no one could ever see through her feelings for the king.

The man who was always unrestrained and even a little too wild was her first man. Maybe it didn't mean anything to the rest of the demons, but she cared, so she had to go back to him no matter what.

She tried her best to hide her breath and escaped all the way to this unfamiliar forest. For the time being, she did not dare to act rashly, so she had to wait patiently. 

She was still wearing the red dress Jiang Ziya bought for her, but the peony flowers on it were stained with some cave dust. She patted it carefully, and finally successfully wiped it away, and her annoyed mood was a little better.

Suddenly there were light footsteps in the distance, and she raised her ears to listen to the dark corners hidden in the cave vigilantly.

"It seems that war is about to break out again, but we are the ones who suffer."

"Yeah, they are just keep recruiting. I have old parents and small kids to take care. If there is something happen to me, what should my family do?"

"Yah, who isn't like that."

"So we can only try to dig some of the herbs here, sell some money as soon as possible to bribe the officials, and maybe we can escape this disaster."

"Yeah, ah, look over there, is it a Ganoderma lucidum?"

"Ah, it's true! It seems that we didn't walk so far in vain today! Look at this old forest in the mountains, maybe there will be monsters!"

"You don't have to say that. I'm most afraid of ghosts and ghosts. If I slip my feet off, I don't need to bribe the official. It's probably going to heaven now."

"Look how scares you, hahaha..."

"I mean it......"

The sound gradually faded away, and White Fox relaxed. Just listening to their conversation made her even more worried. 

Why should there be war? How is the king now? Now whether Jiang Ziya finds out or not, she must rush to find the king as soon as possible.

Same night, Palace @ Zhaoge.

"Get out of here! Get out! You bastards!" 

The man threw the dishes and cups on the floor angrily.

He didn't understand why these courtiers and servants couldn't find his concubine. A living person disappears so suddenly and absolutely. 

Just treating her as a fox, how can she disappear so completely? He is not reconciled, he can't be reconciled, whether it is a human being or a fox, he wants to find her, even if it's just her corpse.

Thinking that maybe she was dead, he fell on the couch in an instant. What if she really is dead? That damn young man might have killed her. How can he save her? 

Should he ask the gods to reward him with the Resurrection Pill? Or tell them that he is willing to trade his life for hers? But in this way, they have to be separated, so what's the use?

He was annoyed, heartache, grief, and he didn't know what to do, he was helpless. He is in charge of the world, but he doesn't even have the ability to protect his own woman, and now he can't find anyone. 

He hates, hates this palace, hates these subjects, hates everything in this world, even those gods and immortals, he also hates them!

"Your Majesty!"

A soft cry sounded, resembling the voice of his beloved concubine. Since she was taken away by that demon, he could hear her voice every day and every night. 

At first, he thought it was her coming back, and he was ecstatic. He anxiously called her name around the palace, and went to the garden and spring lake where she liked to play, but every time he was disappointed to find that he had auditory hallucinations. 

Again the hope and the disappointment, it really made him miserable.

"Your Majesty, it's me!"

He heard it really, as if in a dream. Today, this illusion is too real. He looked sadly at the beauty in front of him, knowing that every time he stretched out his hand, the illusion would turn into nothingness, so he dared not move.

"Why doesn't Your Majesty recognize your concubine?"

He looked at her vivid expressions and movements as before, and his heart suddenly turned into a pool of soft water, lamenting that today's illusion was really too realistic. 

It's just that this red dress on her body, he has never seen her wear it, but it looks beautiful and moving.

"What's the matter, Your Majesty? Why are you ignoring your concubine? I'm back!" 

White Fox couldn't wait any longer, and hurried forward and fell into his arms.

As if he couldn't believe his eyes, he touched the ends of her hair, and then touched her face. Finally, he was sure that the person in his arms was indeed the person he was thinking about day and night. 

He hugged her tightly with excitement, as if terrified that she would disappear again.

"Your Majesty, I can't breathe..."

Only then did he regain some consciousness and let go of the beauty in his arms.

"Concubine mine, you have made the king so miserable! Do you know how I spent these months?"

"I know, I know it."

He looked at her distressed eyes, and he felt that all the pain and suffering was worth it. The most important thing is that she is back, his concubine is back!

"Why are you crying, Your Majesty?"

White Fox reached out and touched the corner of his eye.

He also raised his hand and wiped it in doubt.

"Am I crying? I am too happy, these are happy tears. I have never been so happy! My love, only you can bring happiness to me, only you."

For the first time, White Fox saw the tears of a man, and it was for her. She stroked his face lightly and licked the teardrop with the tip of her tongue.

The salty taste spread between her lips and tongue, but it made her heart sweet.

"Your Majesty, I never stopped missing you, do you know that?"

6