Chapter 8 : Her Choice
121 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After White Fox returned to the palace, she knew why the world was in chaos. It is not a matter of short term that Ji Fa is dissatisfied with the king's rule. But nobody expected that this person would actually dare to rebel.

"Your Majesty, is this war inevitable?"

"Ji Fa dares to rebel, and if I don't kill him, it won't stop the anger in my heart!"

"But Your Majesty, this war will inevitably bring a lot of turmoil. If you get hurt, what should I do?"

"Why are you afraid? Don't you think I can't defeat that traitor?"

"That's not what I meant. It's just that I was reborn after a catastrophe. It is too sad if I can't accompany the majesty.

"You don't have to worry about it, this king is bound to win this war!"

White Fox knew that she couldn't stop any war, just like she couldn't stop the king from killing those ministers before. All she could do was enjoy the moment with him in this palace until the very last moment.

They spend all day living happily in the wine pond and meat forest, drunk and dreaming of heaven. In order to make it fun, the king even called some noble officials, other concubines, and even some palace maids and servants were pulled over and soaked in the wine pool. 

Everyone seems to have no idea that the war is about to start, as if they don't know the earth-shattering chaos outside, and now there are only wine and meat beauty.

"You really came back here."

When the young man who suddenly appeared covered her mouth from behind, she was changing clothes in the bedroom for the evening banquet.

She suddenly smelled a familiar scent, and then heard the familiar voice. At that moment, there was a little spark of excitement in her heart, even she was surprised.

"I'll let you go, but don't make a sound. Otherwise, the wisteria whip will be on hand at any time."

She was finally able to turn her head to look at him. It's still the straight nose and the inviolable appearance, but he seems to have lost some weight.

"Jiang Ziya, you found me after all."

"You have done it well, it took me so long to find you."

She hummed.

"Nine-tailed fox is not so incompetent."

He chuckled and approached step by step, and she had to fall on the bed beside her.

"Why don't you continue to hide? Dare to appear in the palace, aren't you afraid that I will come and catch you?"

"Then are you here to catch me?" 

Her seductive eyes looked directly at him without any timidity.

The young man's eyes moved, as if he was trying his best to endure something. He reached out to help her cover her with the thin skirt she had not yet had time to put on.

"Go with me."

White Fox was stunned for a moment, she didn't quite understand what the young man meant.

"Go where?"

"Follow me to the camp of Ji Fa."

"Jiang Ziya, do you want to rebel too?"

"This is not a rebellion. Di Xin's brutality and debauchery has long aroused the indignation of people and gods. King Ji Fa's army was just in accordance with the will of God."

"But the Di Xin is the king of the Shang Dynasty!"

"God's will cannot be violated. Soon he will not be a king, and the Shang Dynasty will also disappear."

White Fox didn't know what to say for a while, and her heart was in chaos. The young man is a cultivator, and he naturally understands the destiny. He said so, then this war, the king must lose.

"White Fox, come with me." 

This was the first time the young man called her by her name, although he had given her the name from the very beginning.

"What is this time for?"

"What?" 

The young man didn't seem to understand.

"Why do you take me away this time? Last time you said I would harm people. What about this time? Do you still think I will harm people?"

She didn't hate his imprisonment, but she certainly didn't like it. Why limit her freedom? She clearly has no intention of harming anyone. He has been with her for so long, does he still think she is a very bad monster?

"Because you promised me to stay with me for three years, but you ran away halfway." 

The young man leaned down and approached her.

"Did you forget?"

His breath wrapped around her lips, which reminded her of the passion on the hibiscus tree that night. In fact, these days, she occasionally dreams of him. 

Everything in the dream is still so real, as if everything is still stuck in that night. Every time she woke up from her dream, she felt lost. She didn't know what happened to her.

"If it's just because of that promise, you can make me a fox and fit it into your sleeve. Why bother asking?" 

She didn't dodge at all, but got closer to him.

The young man looked at her silently for a long time, and finally sighed softly.

"Because, I want you to come with me voluntarily."

"Why?" 

White Fox seemed to have to ask to the end before giving up.

The young man lowered his eyes this time and stood up straight.

"If it's not voluntary, do you have to run away again?"

"Just because of that?" 

She didn't give up.

The young man was silent for a few seconds.

"Yes, just because of this. But it seems that you don't want it."

White Fox finally lowered her head.

"It turned out to be just because of this. I knew. Since you said that the king has a short time in the world, how can I leave him at this moment?"

"I hope you don't regret it." 

After listening to her words, the young man turned around and stopped looking at her.

White Fox looked up at his tall and straight back, and felt extremely sad. What the young man said made her sad, and she was also sad when she rejected the young man herself. Why is she so sentimental today?

"That night..."

The young man hurriedly interrupted her.

"That night, I lacked concentration and fell into your seductive trick. But this is the end of the matter, and I will not talk about it anymore." 

After he finished speaking, he chanted a spell to leave.

White Fox immediately ran forward.

 "Are you leaving now?"

As a result, she only heard the sentence.

"You take care." 

The young man's face disappeared in front of her eyes, and she didn't even have time to reach out.

"My dear, why did you make this king wait so long?"

The rough male voice sounded, and White Fox came back to her senses.

"Why is Your Majesty here?"

"I have been waiting for you in the hall for a long time, but you didn't come. I had no choice but to come and hug you in person!" 

He picked her up casually.

"Your Majesty, don't be in such a hurry! I just wanted to dress up as Your Majesty's favorite, so it took a few hours."

"Hahaha, this king's favorite is the appearance of you wearing nothing!"

"Your Majesty, but how can I show myself in front of princes and nobles without wearing anything!"

After hearing this, the king suddenly became interested.

"Oh, sounds like a good idea! For tonight's banquet, maybe you don't have to wear anything. Should be a big surprise. "

"Your Majesty is joking about poor me?" 

White Fox run out from his embrace and looked at him in disbelief.

Seeing her unhappy face, the king quickly took her into his arms again.

 "How can you take it seriously? It's just  a joke."

4