Chapter 10 : Day of Subjugation
103 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February 26, 1046 BC

The King Ji Fa's army arrived in Muye and approached Zhaoge. After a month of blind self-confidence and extravagance, Di Xin finally had a premonition that his kingdom was about to perish.

"Bastard! Jiang Bohou turned traitor! This old dog! I should have killed him in the first place!"

"Don't get angry, Your Majesty." 

White Fox sent the servant away and gently stroked the king's chest.

"When he brought that demon to capture you, I wanted to kill him! Later, remembering that his daughter had served me for a few years, I spared his dog's life and locked him in a cell. This time When the war broke out, I mercifully gave him a chance to atone for his sins, but I didn't expect this old antique to rebel with my soldiers! How unreasonable!"

"Your Majesty, this is the end of the matter. It's useless to be angry. They will attack from Muye tomorrow. Does your Majesty have any plan to resist the rebels?"

This always domineering king finally has a hint of decadence. He sat on the throne feebly, as if he had aged a lot in an instant.

"Now that I have no soldiers, how can I resist the Ji Fa's army? Apart from these useless slaves, I have nothing left."

White Fox looked at him depressed and sat still, and felt very sad. The king she knew had always been domineering, brave and fearless. Is he like this now, still the man she admires? No, he shouldn't be like this.

"Your Majesty, you still have me!"

The king looked at her with a wry smile.

"What can you do as a weak woman? This king is over, this is an unchangeable fact."

White Fox gritted his teeth.

"Your Majesty, I will kill that King Ji Fa tonight, and perhaps the Zhou army can retreat."

"But how can you sneak into the Zhou army camp or even kill their king?"

She looked at him firmly.

"Let the concubine give it a try."

The king slumped on the ground in a slump, without speaking. White Fox couldn't bear to see him like this, so she returned to her bedroom alone and changed into night clothes. She is bound to sneak into the Zhou army camp and kill the king Ji Fa.

She held the dagger in her hand and was a little nervous. She had never killed anyone, but now she was going to kill another king. She couldn't believe herself.

It was night, and she used her magic power to fly to the Zhou army camp. The fox's sense of smell and memory are among the best in the demon clan. 

She had seen King Ji Fa before, so she was no stranger to his scent. She cast a spell to hide herself, looked for his scent, and walked to the innermost tent of the military camp.

She prepared the dagger in her hand and listened to the movement inside the tent.

"Tomorrow is indeed an auspicious day for the zodiac, and the king swore to send troops, and he would definitely win with one blow."

The young man's familiar voice came into her ears, and she didn't know what to do for a while. 

"Who's outside?" 

The people inside noticed her movement and rushed out immediately.

It all happened so fast that she didn't have time to cast the spell to escape. Following the young man's order, the surrounding soldiers shouted "There are assassins!" and instantly surrounded her.

"White Fox? Why are you here?" 

The young man quickly recognized her.

She held the dagger and stared vigilantly at the soldiers who surrounded her. When she saw the familiar face of the young man, her eyes flushed slightly.

"Jiang Ziya, long time no see." 

She didn't know what else she could say.

The elder man beside the young man also recognized her.

"Su Daji! You are so brave, how dare you come to my Zhou Army camp? Take her down for me!"

"Wait a minute!" 

Jiang Ziya stopped the soldiers who were about to come forward.

"Why did Mr. Jiang stop it? This evildoer is Su Daji by Di Xin's side, the one who killed countless ministers and nobles!"

"This white fox demon has some fate with me, and I hope Your Majesty will let her live for now."

Just as they were debating, White Fox instantly transformed into his real shape, cast a spell and jumped out of the crowd, running all the way. 

She was afraid that there would be chasing soldiers behind her, so she didn't dare to stop, she ran back to the palace in one breath, and when she reached her bedroom, she transformed into a human figure.

"My concubine, where have you been?"

The sudden sound startled her. 

Seeing the man looking at her worriedly, she wasn't sure if he saw the process of her transformation.

"Your Majesty, I failed to assassinate King Ji Fa of Zhou, and was almost caught by them." 

She fell into the man's arms.

The king didn't ask how she got to the enemy barracks alone. He just hugged her tightly, as if he was afraid that she would suddenly disappear.

"I am very moved that you can take such a risk for this king. However, the world is a foregone conclusion, and you no longer have to take risks for me."

White Fox also understands that there is nothing else they can do now except accept the reality.

The next day, when White Fox opened her eyes, the king was no longer in the palace. She asked the maids, and they said that he led many slaves to resist the invading rebels. 

She was about to rush to find him anxiously, but saw him returning to the palace panting.

"Your Majesty, why did you leave your servants and concubines to fight the enemy?"

"Daji, hurry up, the rebels have entered Zhaoge! Those useless slaves can't resist anything, the rebels will soon be in the palace! Daji, come with me!"

This once heroic man, ignoring the crown that fell to the ground, pulled up White Fox and ran to the other exit of the palace. There, he carried her over onto his horse and rode the horse all the way.

"Your Majesty, where should we escape?"

She looked at the people fleeing around, and the whole Zhaoge was in chaos now. There were cries of children and the cries of soldiers around, and the once bustling streets were now littered with corpses and dilapidated ruins. She couldn't believe that overnight, everything had become so unrecognizable.

"I do not know, I only know that no matter what, I cannot fall into the hands of the rebels."

He took her all the way to Lutai. This magnificent building stood in the midst of the war, as if it had not been affected at all. Here are the rare treasures of gold, silver and jewelry that he has accumulated throughout his life. This is his private treasure palace.

He took her hand and flew to the top of Lutai, stepping on many gold and silver treasures, and igniting the torch in his hand.

"Daji, as long as I am here, I still have everything. These treasures, and you, I still have everything! I want to ascend to immortality with you here! In the next life, I will still be the king, and you, Still my beloved concubine!"

"Your Majesty wants to burn this place? Burn yourself? Burn me too?" White Fox seemed to be unable to believe her ears.

The king's eyes were burning with fervent flames.

"That's right! I am going to burn this place, along with myself! And you, my concubine Su Daji, would you like to accompany me to death?"

She didn't know how to answer. She chose to stay and spend the last days with him, but she never thought of dying with him. 

She has practiced for thousands of years, how can she ruin her life so easily? But looking at the expectant look on the king's face, she didn't know how to refuse.

Seeing that she didn't answer for a long time, the king slowly let go of her hand.

"I understand. Daji, you can go."

"Your Majesty?"

"Actually, I know that you are not an ordinary person. I have known since that demon came to catch you. It's just that you don't want to say it, so I consider it ignorant. In fact, you are a human or a demon, I don't see any difference. I just hope that you will always be by my side for eternity, and I will be satisfied."

As he spoke, he gently stroked her beautiful face and wiped away her tears.

"Your Majesty, my name is White Fox, and I am a fox who has practiced for thousands of years."

"White Fox, this name is really casual."

Hearing this comment, White Fox couldn't help but laugh.

"You still have the most beautiful smile." 

He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"If there is an afterlife, I will still be your man."

After saying that, he pushed her away and ignited his body.

"Your Majesty!" 

White Fox screamed, but couldn't get close to the blazing flames. The flames quickly spread to the entire Lutai, and she had to run outside, crying and watching the king who brought him countless joys and happiness died in the sea of ​​​​fire along with the gold and silver jewelry in the hall.

5