Chapter 11 : Price Of Liberty
109 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I haven't seen you for a few days. You seem to be haggard."

Jiang Ziya appeared in the dungeon silently, looking at the woman whose hands and feet were tied with demon ropes, his heart was a little complicated.

He was a little worried when he heard that Nezha had captured the nine-tailed white fox alive that day. 

After all, the other generals would not be as soft-hearted as he was, and it was impossible to guarantee that they would not kill her.

He originally planned to come to the dungeon to see her immediately, but recently, because of the conferring of the gods, he really couldn't get away.

"Perhaps, after all, a place like the dungeon is not a palace." 

White Fox still looked sad, and her words were not as playful as they used to be.

"Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?"

She shook her head.

"It's okay, just a minor injury."

"Then what about the hurt in your heart?"

 Jiang Ziya looked down at her eyes.

"Jiang Ziya, you are asking something irrelevant. Why don't you just tell me when you are going to execute me."

In fact, she already knew the ending of the king from Jiang Ziya, so she was already mentally prepared. She cried for him that day, and the rest is left to time to heal.

"Did Di Xin's death really hurt you so much?"

White Fox is puzzled.

"He is my king and my first man, so I am naturally grieving over his passing."

"So you want to die with him?"

"Huh...I didn't think about it. It's not easy for me to practice for a thousand years, maybe it's better to live. But these people hate the king and me so much, I'm afraid they are determined to kill me."

Jiang Ziya felt relieved when he heard that she didn't find short-sightedness.

"You've always been self-aware."

"I'm a fox, and I don't have any other advantages."

Seeing her stubborn look, he chuckled lightly.

"No, you have a lot of advantages."

It was rare to hear his praise, and White Fox felt that the sun came out from the west today. But she had been in the dungeon and had not seen the sun for a few days.

"Anyway, give a verdict as soon as possible? I'm tied up here every day, it's really uncomfortable."

"Aren't you so afraid of death?"

"Do I look so fearless? It's just that instead of being tied up here and thinking about it, it's better to just be dead or alive, and let it be."

Jiang Ziya nodded approvingly.

"You don't need to worry, I'll get you out. I promise." 

He brushed the dust off her face lightly, then cast a spell to leave.

White Fox stared blankly at the empty dungeon, doubting that what happened just now was actually just her dream.

After leaving the dungeon, Jiang Ziya rushed to his master, the Taoist leader Yuanshi Tianzun's palace.

"The disciples meet the master!"

"Has the Conferred God List been completed?"

"Report to Master, the recording has been completed."

"Very well, you have contributed greatly to the successful completion of this matter. I want to reward you with the divine position of Emperor Tianqi in the Conferred God List. What do you think?" 

The old man sitting on the throne stroked his beard and looked at his beloved disciple with satisfaction. 

"Master, I  have an unkind request."

"What's it about?"

"I beg you to let the nine-tailed white fox go."

The old man's expression did not change, and he pondered for a moment.

"Ziya, why are you begging for that fox demon?"

Jiang Ziya raised his head and looked at the old man.

"That fox demon once practiced with me. I think that her nature is not bad and she is not an evil monster."

The old man was silent, Jiang Ziya was so nervous that he began to sweat.

"Ziya, are you in love with her?"

Jiang Ziya shuddered, and then calmed down.

"I dare not."

The old man looked at him and finally sighed.

"Forget it, everything has its destiny. You were originally the hero who completed the Conferred God List, but since you interceded for the fox demon, the merits and demerits are equal, and there will be no more awards, so you will not have your place on the Conferred God List. Even so , are you willing to beg for that demon?"

"Yes, I am." 

He didn't even hesitate.

"Then let her go. Let her go to the Eastern Wasteland and never come back here, otherwise the immortals in the Conferred God List will never forgive her."

"Yes, master."

Yuanshi Tianzun looked at his leaving back and sighed again.

"Ziya, this is your doom, I hope you can survive it."

After Jiang Ziya came out of the palace, without a moment's delay, he hurriedly packed some things and ran to the dungeon to find White Fox.

"You came here diligently today, why, do you miss me too much?" 

White Fox saw him again and couldn't help joking.

He chanted a spell and loosened the demon rope for her.

"You can leave now."

White Fox looked at the body that had regained freedom with a look of disbelief.

"Really? I thought you'd have to kill me."

He took the red skirt out of the package.

"I found this dress in your bedroom that day. I didn't expect you to keep it all the time. I thought you must like it very much, so I kept it for you. The dress on your body is already torn, you can put on this one. ."

White Fox gently stroked the red dress she had treasured in the box, and the white peony flower on it was still beautiful in this dark dungeon.

She took the clothes, took off her dress without hesitation, and started changing.

Jiang Ziya turned his head in embarrassment.

"You would never be so shameless before."

White Fox just finished taking off his clothes. Hearing this sentence, she remembered how timid and shy she looked when she first met this young man. Once, because she had no clothes to wear and had to keep her fox shape, she felt that everything seemed like centuries before.

She approached with a chuckle, wrapped her arms around his neck, and breathed in his ear.

"After all, you and I have been naked. I have nothing to be ashamed of, do I?"

She suddenly felt the reaction under him, and she laughed more and more unscrupulously.

"The Taoist priest who used to be calm and holy in the past is different now."

Jiang Ziya turned his head to look at her naked body, took the red dress on the side and slowly dressed her.

"You have a mischievous character, you have to restrain yourself in the future."

When his warm fingers touched her body inadvertently with his movements, her face flushed again.

 She knew that it was a bit too much, so she didn't say anything, and silently asked the young man to dress her properly. This feeling is very strange.

Every time the king was with her, he was always obsessed with taking off her dress. But this young man couldn't tolerate her being naked every time, and he always had to dress her up.

After putting on the dress, White Fox said.

"Thank you, Jiang Ziya."

He trimmed her hair and said nothing.

"Why do these people let me go so easily?"

"It's conditional."

She was immediately alert and said.

"Isn't it going to accompany you to practice for another three years?"

Jiang Ziya was silent for a while and asked her.

"If this is the condition, would you like it?"

White Fox was silent. In the past, she rejected the young man in order to accompany the king in his final days. Now that the king is gone, is she willing?

"I would."

Jiang Ziya froze for a moment, then smiled again.

"In order to live, you are very willing to do anything."

"It's not just about living. It's not that boring to be around you, and I like you."

Hearing what she said so straightforwardly, Jiang Ziya's heart beat fast. 

He didn't know why he was like this. He suddenly remembered what the master said, to keep White Fox away from this land, and his face became melancholy again.

"That's not the condition."

"Ah, what is the condition then?"

He grabbed her shoulders.

"Listen, there is only one condition. You have to leave here, go to the Eastern Wasteland, and never come back. Otherwise, the gods will never forgive you."

White Fox was stunned. What a fucking condition? Let her leave the land where she grew up, what is this? She has never hurt anyone, why do these people treat her like this? Unfair! 

But how could she little fox demon resist the gods in the heaven and the generals on the ground? 

It's just another fate that has to be accepted.

"How about you?"

"I will continue to practice."

"Do you want to come with me?"

Jiang Ziya did not expect that she would ask such a question, and for a moment did not know how to answer.

"I see." 

She silently wiped the tears from her face.

"Well, I'll set off now, just in case they come back and kill me. Goodbye, Jiang Ziya."

Seeing that she turned around and was about to leave, Jiang Ziya couldn't bear it any longer, and pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"Don't be sad, I will visit you and bring you some of your favorite food."

White Fox cried and laughed. She nodded in his arms.

"You don't have to hurry. Master ordered me to cast a spell to send you to the East. Close your eyes and you will be there in no time."

He touched her head, trying to comfort her.

White Fox closed her eyes obediently. But she only felt a warm kiss on her forehead. This is the second kiss since the king recently. 

After the king kissed her, he pushed her away and set himself on fire. After this young man kissed her, he sent her to the Eastern Wasteland. She was very sad.

"White Fox, farewell."

She opened her eyes and wanted to take another look at the young man, but she saw a white light already glowing around her. She knew he had cast spells.

She hurriedly hugged the young man's neck and bit his lips.

"Jiang Ziya, don't forget me!"

Just as Jiang Ziya was about to say something, her figure completely disappeared in the dungeon.

5