Chapter 12 : Eastern Wasteland
90 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The so-called Eastern Wasteland is a narrow barren land facing Middle Earth across the sea. The mountains and rivers there are very dangerous, there are few people, and there are often disasters such as landslides, ground cracks, lightning, and thunder, so it is regarded as a place of punishment in Middle-earth. 

White Fox was the first monster that was punished and distributed to the Eastern Wasteland.

She looked at the uninhabited mountains in front of her, not knowing where to go for a moment. She was like a lonely ghost, wandering aimlessly among the thorns in the mountains, and after a while, bloodstains were drawn on her body.

She didn't care about the pain on her body, she just carefully took off the red dress to prevent it from being cut by thorns. It was the skirt that Jiang Ziya gave her.

She was hungry and thirsty to find some spring water and food, but she failed to find anything after walking all day. She hugged her skirt while walking. She was hurt and tired, and finally found a dark cave when it was dark.

"If Jiang Ziya was here, he would definitely be able to cast a spell to take me away from this layered barren mountain."

She looked at the stars in the night, muttered this sentence, and then fell asleep in the cave with the rocks on her back.

When she woke up the next day, the hunger and pain were intensified. She had to continue her journey, looking for some wild fruits to feed her stomach. 

After walking for so many days, she finally found a spring one day. There she drank enough in one breath, and washed the wounds and dust on her body.

When she saw herself in the water, she couldn't help crying.

She remembered the former glory and wealth, the king who loved her like a treasure, and the days when she was with Jiang Ziya in the thatched hut. Her tears welled up.

Why was fate so cruel to her?

Let her gain everything and lose everything in an instant, and now she has to suffer in such a poor and remote place, what exactly did she do?

She silently wiped away her tears, took a deep breath, and continued on her way. She has to do everything she can to get out of here.

It rained suddenly that night. She hadn't had time to find a cave where she could shelter from the rain, but the downpour poured her over in an instant. She hugged the red dress tightly, running in mud and rain.

She hurriedly ran in the mountains, trying to find a cave for shelter from the wind and rain. At this moment, a deafening roar suddenly sounded, and a bolt of lightning fell from the sky, hitting her directly.

She screamed, unable to bear the scorched pain on her body, and instantly fell to the muddy ground. She didn't know whether it was tears or rain, they just kept flowing on her face. The once glamorous and moving face is no longer as delicate as it used to be.

She looked at the dark sky angrily and shouted.

"Why? Why did you do this to me? What the hell did this nine-tailed white fox do?"

The only answer to her was a roar of thunder and another flash of lightning.

She gritted her teeth and endured the pain, curling up in the storm. The helplessness and grievances and anger in her heart increased sharply with the falling of the thunder, but she had no resistance at all.

"Jiang Ziya! Where are you? Jiang Ziya!"

She cried out, and then was struck by a thunderbolt again, and finally lost consciousness.

White Fox had a dream, in which she was still a fox. She dashed among the wild flowers and grass, chasing the lark flying in the sky, running and jumping all the way to the river. When she saw the fat and tender fish in the river, she began to catch them. She stretched out her paws and fiddled with the fish, thinking about making a fire and grilling the fish for a while.

Just when she was happy, she suddenly suffered a pain in her back, and the pain caused her to fall to the ground all of a sudden. She turned her head and saw that the young Taoist priest was standing behind her with a wisteria whip.

Aggrieved and sad, she wanted to ask him why he whipped her. But as a fox, she couldn't speak. The more anxious she became, the more aggrieved she became. The scar on her back was even more painful, and it woke her up.

"Jiang Ziya?"

It is still the navy blue robe and the heroic facial features. She looked at the young man in disbelief.

"You finally woke up."

Jiang Ziya picked up a bowl of medicine next to her and handed it to her mouth.

"Since you woke up, I don't have to work hard to feed you, just drink this bowl of medicine."

She drank the medicine obediently.

"Why are you here? Where are we? Ah, where are my clothes?"

Jiang Ziya continued to make her lie down on her stomach and began to apply medicine to her bare back.

"Hey, it hurts!"

White Fox cried out in pain.

"We are still in the Eastern Wasteland. You have been in a coma for several weeks, and I temporarily found a cave to heal your wounds. When I found you that night, all your clothes were burned to the ground."

He just didn't mention about all the panic and anxiety at that time.

"How did you find me?"

"It's not that hard to find you."

"Then why didn't you come to find me earlier? I've been trapped here for so long time, it's really painful." 

She was so aggrieved that her voice turned into a cry.

Jiang Ziya applied the medicine to her and touched her head.

"After sending you away, I arranged the gods according to the list of conferred gods, and then the master ordered me to retreat and practice. I really can't escape."

He didn't say that his master asked him to retreat and practice for 81 years, but he budgeted that she was in trouble, so he went out without permission.

White Fox watched the young man take out some porcelain bottles and gently rub the ointment on her thigh, her face was a little hot.

"Are you taking care of me all this time?"

"Um."

"Jiang Ziya, why did you save me? Why don't you just let me die?"

Jiang Ziya doesn't know how to answer. 

When he foresaw her catastrophe during his cultivation, he came to Eastern Wasteland regardless of everything. When he saw her unconscious in the mud, he picked her up without hesitation and came to this cave, feeding her elixir and transferring her fairy energy, finally saving her life.

Then he cleaned her wounds, fed her medicine with his mouth, and stayed by her side day and night. He didn't know why he was doing all of these for her.

"Everything has a spirit. It's really not easy for you to cultivate for a thousand years and become a demon. You shouldn't die so easily."

"Isn't that the will of God that the thunder hit me that day?"

Jiang Ziya paused for a while.

"Then it's also God's will for me to save you."

He carefully applied the ointment to her, then put the red dress over her.

"You held the skirt tightly that day, as if protecting it with your body, so the skirt was not damaged at all."

White Fox lowered her eyes.

 "Fortunately."

There was a fire in the cave, so it wasn't cold. The stone bed temporarily built under her was covered with several layers of quilts, which the young man had brought over by magic. 

He rubbed the medicine on her back, and the pain was relieved a lot. White Fox just lay on the bed, smelling the pine wood fragrance coming from the fire, and fell asleep again.

4