Chapter 13 : Bedtime Chat
92 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When White Fox woke up again, the young man was sitting by the fire and taking a nap. With his back against the stone wall of the cave, he bent one leg and put his hand on his leg. His long black hair was loosely scattered, and his handsome features shone like a painting in the morning light that came in from the entrance of the cave.

Hearing her movement, the painting came alive.

"Awake? Are you hungry?"

"A little."

"I'll make something for you."

Jiang Ziya got up and prepared the breakfast. Not long after, he brought a bowl of hot shredded pork porridge.

White Fox was a little surprised.

"I didn't expect you to be able to make these things in this barren mountain. Since I came here, I have only eaten wild fruits every day. This place is indeed the Eastern Wasteland, and I have never seen a single bird."

Jiang Ziya blew the porridge a little cooler and sent it to her mouth.

"It's really desolate here. But a few hills up there are some towns."

"Looks like I'm going in the right direction this time."

If it wasn't for the lightning strike that day, perhaps she would have walked out of here.

After feeding a bowl of porridge, Jiang Ziya began to give her medicine again. Although his movements were gentle and meticulous, White Fox still twitched in pain.

"Are there going to be scars on my body in the future?"

Jiang Ziya gently applied the white ointment to the wound that had begun to heal.

"This ointment is specially made by me using snow lotus flowers from Kunlun Mountains, so it won't leave scars on you."

White Fox finally felt more at ease. The fur of nine-tailed white fox is the most precious, and it would be a pity to leave an ugly scar.

"Thank you, Jiang Ziya."

"Hmmm, how are you going to thank me?"

White Fox didn't expect the young man to ask such a question, and she didn't know what to say for a while.

"How do you want me to thank you?"

The young man gently rubbed the ointment on her slender thigh.

"I don't think about it for now, I'll talk about it when I have an idea."

After applying the ointment, he brought some water and began to scrub her face and body.

"Did you take care of me like this all these days?"

"That's right."

"Then my body, aren't you..."

Jiang Ziya felt a little funny.

"This is what you thought of at such a time? I just thought you were a wounded fox. Besides, didn't you generously undress in front of me in the dungeon that day? What else did you say? We were naked against each other, there's nothing to be ashamed of, right?"

White Fox was a little embarrassed. It is true that she had a skin-to-skin relationship with him, and the passion on the hibiscus tree that night is still vivid in her mind. However, letting the young man take care of her like now is another matter entirely.

Jiang Ziya had no intention of teasing her. Just carefully wipe her body and cover her with clothes.

"Okay, you lie down. I'll find some herbs and ingredients."

Seeing that he was leaving, White Fox immediately reached out and grabbed his sleeve.

"Where are you going? When will you be back?"

He sat down by her bed again and helped her cover her body.

"I'll go back to Middle-earth, cast a spell over it, and come back soon."

"Then come back sooner."

White Fox didn't even notice it, and now she is so dependent on this young man.

"Go to sleep, I'll be back when you wake up."

Jiang Ziya patted her head, silently chanted the incantation and disappeared.

White Fox looked around where there was no one, and quickly fell asleep again with the help of the medicinal power.

This time she had another dream. In her dream, she was chasing butterflies and birds, and then went to the river to catch fish. This time, she set up a fire and started grilling the fish. The smell of grilled fish spread out, and her saliva was about to flow out.

"Eat fish when you wake up, but your injury is still recovering, so eat less."

Jiang Ziya didn't lie to her, and sure enough he was back when she woke up.

When she saw that it was dark outside, she realized that she had slept for so long.

"I actually slept for a long time?"

"Your body is still recovering, and you'll be more prone to drowsiness. There's nothing wrong with that."

He picked the bones of the fish carefully and fed her some.

"I just dreamed of grilled fish in my dream, but I didn't expect it to be true."

Jiang Ziya smiled. Although the woman in front of her had a coquettish and moving face, she often spoke like an innocent child. This contrast sometimes made him feel that White Fox was just a little fox after all, with a charming face and attractive body.

Seeing him sitting down against the stone wall again, White Fox asked him.

"Did you sit there every night to sleep?"

"That's right."

"Wouldn't it be uncomfortable?"

"Already got used to."

White Fox hesitated for a while.

"Do you want to sleep here?"

She patted her stone bed.

"At least you can lie down here, and there are quilts, which are more comfortable."

Seeing that he didn't move, she added.

"Don't get me wrong. I don't mean anything else. I just saw you sitting and sleeping, seems very hard."

Jiang Ziya did not refuse, got up in the flickering firelight and went to her stone bed.

"Even if you have other intentions, with your current injury, it's impossible to do anything."

Jiang Ziya lay on her side and looked at her with a smile in his eyes.

White Fox was fascinated again.

"You underestimated the fox demon. Even if I have injuries, I can still do some things!"

Jiang Ziya smiled.

"Oh? What else can you do?"

White Fox suddenly grabbed his hand and took a light bite.

"Why do you foxes like to bite people like dogs? It was the same in the dungeon that day."

White Fox's face was a little hot.

"Ah, you still remember?"

"I was bitten and bleed, and it's hard to forget."

Speaking of which, Jiang Ziya smiled again.

"Jiang Ziya, you look so charming when you smile. You should smile more."

"What's the point of this?"

"If you look good, you should let the world know."

"So you chose to enter the palace because of this reason?"

White Fox didn't expect the topic to suddenly turn to this issue. She was silent for a moment.

"Not at all."

"Speaking of which, why did you enter the palace? Because you like Di Xin?"

Jiang Ziya has actually wondered about this question for a long time. He didn't understand why this fox demon who had been practicing for thousands of years had to enter the palace. If it weren't for this bad relationship, maybe she would not have what she is now.

"Maybe everything is God's will. That day I could finally transform into a human figure. I originally wanted to travel the world to the fullest, but that night I met Su Daji. She didn't want to enter the palace to serve the king, but she wanted to hang herself. I thought If I enter the palace on her behalf, she will not have to die. So I went to the palace on her behalf."

She looked at the young man in front of her and continued.

"Later, I fell in love with the king. Maybe I also fell in love with the brocade clothes and food there, all the jewelries and wealth. After all, I was only a wild fox before, and I had never seen the magnificence of the palace. No man regarded me as a treasure and was willing to against the whole world for me before. But the king did. In the end, I am only a part of this secular world, easy to be tempted, easy to be confused, easy to fall into and unable to extricate myself."

Jiang Ziya didn't say anything, he just reached out and gently wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes.

5