Chapter 15 : Samurai’s Touch
107 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiang Ziya has been gone for several weeks. He arranged White Fox in a small town outside the barren mountains.

There is a family, surnamed Sakabe. The male host was a well-known local samurai, and the hostess took his surname, everyone called her Mrs. Sakabe. The couple have been married for more than 20 years and are nearly 50 years old, but so far they have no children.

Jiang Ziya gave the Sakabe samurai a little spell and asked him to adopt White Fox as his daughter. After that, he hurried back to Middle-earth.

Before leaving, he touched White Fox's head again, letting her practice here peacefully. White Fox understands the reluctance in his heart, and she doesn't want him to leave either. But the two of them have to accept this parting again.

In the house of Sakabe, although the life of White Fox is not as luxurious as in the palace before, it is far more comfortable than in the wild mountains. She no longer has to endure the wind, the sun, the storm, the thunder, and the hardships of starvation and fatigue.

She put away the red skirt on her body and put on the white kimono that Mrs. Sakabe gave her, embellished with blossoming sakura, which was elegant and beautiful. However, wearing it on White Fox, with her enchanting figure and shocking appearance, it is another kind of seductive style.

White Fox has never lived in such a rural town as an ordinary person, and is full of curiosity about everything around her. Not only does she help Mrs. Sakabe with some housework at home, but she also often follows her to the small market to buy some ingredients. And every time, she can easily attract everyone's attention, no matter men, women and children.

Of course, the eyes of the men looking at her were full of naked lust, while most of the women were out of envy and jealousy. This naturally caused some chaos.

Whenever they see her, those men stop the work in their hands. They just stare at her, drooling. This caused strong dissatisfaction among the jealous local women, complaining that their souls were all hooked by White Fox, some began to quarrel, some cursed, and the scene was very lively.

After happening this many times, Mrs. Sakabe was no longer willing to take her out to the street.

"You can study at home, you don't have to follow me."

Mrs. Sakabe smiled kindly, and White Fox couldn't refuse. 

She called her "mother", and Mrs. Sakabe regarded her as her own. She is gentle and kind, and takes care of White Fox meticulously. She not only teaches her to read and write, but also teaches her to take care of housework. She also takes her to fish and play in her spare time. She is indeed a competent mother. White Fox thought that if she had a mother, it would be like Mrs. Sakabe.

As for the study that Mrs. Sakabe said, White Fox really needs it. Because the language used in this eastern wasteland is not quite the same as that of the Middle Earth. She, a fox from Middle-earth, had to learn some in order to communicate with the people here.

"Wah, is my Tamamo already able to write such a long article?"

Samurai Sakabe, who suddenly appeared behind her, praised the words she wrote.

Tamamo Mae is the name Mrs. Sakabe gave her. In the daily life, they all call her Tamamo. But in White Fox's heart, she only have one name "White Fox" because it was given to her by Jiang Ziya. But Mrs. Sakabe felt it was inappropriate to name her after a fox, so she changed her name.

"Yes, father."

As a thousand-year-old fox demon, she is naturally smart and clever, so she learns quickly.

"Where's your mother? Did she go to the market?"

"Yes, father."

After hearing this answer, Sakabe sat down next to her.

"Here, maybe your writing is not strong enough. Let me teach you."

Saying that, Sakabe grabbed the right hand of White Fox and started writing. He was so close, White Fox even could feel his breath on her neck, with a smell unique of middle-aged men.

"This way, this way, and this way."

While speaking, Sakabe put his left hand on the waist of White Fox. Through the clothes, she still can feel the hot temperature of his palm.

"Did you see clearly?"

Sakabe looked at her slightly sideways, so close that as long as she turned her head, she could touch his lips.

"Yes, I saw it clearly, father."

White Fox didn't turn her head and continued to look at the pen in his hand. She wasn't sure if Sakabe's behavior was out of love for the daughter or something else.

"That's good. You write it again, and I'll see."

White Fox wrote it again according to his request.

"No, we need to add some more strength here. Come on, I'll teach you."

Sakabe once again held her hand and wrote it again.

"Come on, Tamamo, write it again. Don't be nervous, relax your body and take your time."

After repeating this a few times, Sakabe was finally satisfied.

"Tamamo, as expected of my daughter, the writing is so perfect! I'm so proud of you!"

Saying that, he kissed the White Fox on the face.

"What are you doing?"

Just at this moment, Mrs. Sakabe came back.

"Ah, I'm teaching Tamamo to write. Did you go grocery shopping? Are you tired? Take a break with a cup of tea."

Sakabe got up and took the basket from Mrs. Sakabe's hand, then went to the kitchen.

"Let me see, what was written?"

Mrs. Sakabe sat down and glanced at the words written by White Fox.

"Is that so, a word 'love'..."

"Yes, mother."

"After writing so many times, you must be tired, right? Take a break."

"Okay, mother."

White Fox wiped the spot on her face where Sakabe kissed, feeling a little uneasy. She vaguely felt that this peaceful life might be about to have a storm.

Mrs. Sakabe is actually very beautiful, with long black hair, an oval face, tender eyes, a beautiful nose, and thin lips. Although there are signs of age on her face, it is not difficult to see that she was a beauty when she was young.

The Sakabe Samurai was also well-known locally when he was young, because of his brilliant swordsmanship. The sadness is that Mrs. Sakabe has been unable to have children after marriage, which has always been a problem for them. This has also caused their relationship become more and more cold, and there is a tendency to be irreversible.

At this moment, White Fox appeared. They all thought it was a gift from God and their blessing.

However, whether it is a blessing or a curse, who can predict it?

"Tamamo, stay home and wait for me to come back."

Mrs. Sakabe went out alone again.

White Fox was a little bored, so she sat on the tatami and drank tea and read the storybook.

"Tamamo, where's your mother?"

"She went to the market."

"Ah, so, then only you can help me."

"What's the matter, father?"

"My back suddenly hurts and I need to rub some potions. This is also an old problem. When I was young, I was obsessed with swordsmanship, and after practicing a lot, this problem happened to my back."

"Where's the potion?"

"Ah, in my room. You come with me."

White Fox had a bad premonition, but she still followed Sakabe to his room.

"That's it. You put it for me."

He had already taken off his upper body clothes, revealing some loose skin. There were some brown spots on it, perhaps because of age.

White Fox opened the medicine bottle. However, at that moment, she fell to the ground, weak and uncontrollable. She was shocked and wanted to stand up, but she couldn't use her strength, and her consciousness was more and more blurry.

"Tamamo, my good daughter. What's wrong with you? Are you feeling unwell?"

Sakabe covered his nose, picked up the medicine bottle on the ground and put it away, and then hugged White Fox.

"If you're not feeling well, take a break in your room then."

Sakabe carried her to her room and closed the door. He gently placed her on the tatami and sat aside by himself.

"My daughter, is it hard to breathe? Let me help you take off your clothes to get some air."

3