Chapter 22 : Attacked
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Concubine Yuji, a lady came from outside the door, and she asked to see you."

Haru has disappeared since that day. Although White Fox is used to her service, she still can live without her. But the little palace maid in front of her was too useless, she was trembling when talking.

"I don't want to see."

The little palace maid seemed to be terrified.

"But this lady said she was your mother."

White Fox thought of the owner of Dream House. She hasn't seen her since entering the palace. How did she come to the palace now? Did something happen?

"Let her in."

White Fox sat up and saw her haggard appearance in the bronze mirror, a little lost. In the past few days, she didn't eat and sleep, and it became like this. Maybe the owner will be surprised when she sees her?

The door was pulled open, but not closed.

"I haven't seen mother for a long time, why is it so rare to come to the palace today?"

White Fox turned her head as she spoke, but was so shocked that she forgot her words when she saw the person coming.

"Tamamo, my daughter, long time no see."

Mrs. Sakabe stepped forward and sat on the tatami.

"Mother, it's you. How did you come to the palace? How did you know I was in the palace?"

White Fox finally recovered, but she still couldn't believe that it was Mrs. Sakabe who was sitting there.

"Although I live in a remote town, concubine Yuji's reputation is far and wide. Who hasn't heard of this in Eastern Wasteland? Naturally, I have heard of it."

Mrs. Sakabe seemed to be holding back something, and her expression was a little unnatural when she spoke.

"Then why did mother come here?"

Mrs. Sakabe must have seen clearly what happened that night. Knowing that White Fox was the murderer who killed Sakabe, why did she come here to catch up with her?

"Apart from you, who can be so beautiful in this world? That's why I heard the rumors about concubine Yuji and guessed it was you. I'm getting older and my legs are inflexible. After your father passed away, I was at home alone. , life is really difficult. At this time, I think of you, my daughter. I think that you and I always have had some close relationship. When you were at home, I treated you sincerely. Tamamo, do you remember? If you do, would you like to help this poor old mother now?"

White Fox was puzzled. Doesn't Mrs. Sakabe remember that she killed Samurai Sakabe? Why not blame her and come to her for help instead?

"Mother, that night..."

Mrs. Sakabe interrupted her immediately.

"Tamamo, my child, you don't need to say more. I know your father was not a good father. I know he must have done something to hurt you, that's why you did that. You have your reasons, Mother doesn't blame you."

White Fox didn't expect Mrs. Sakabe to be so reasonable. Knowing this, why did she leave that home overnight to start this new journey? If it weren't for this, maybe the ending between her and Jiang Ziya would be different now. Thinking of this, she began to feel sad again.

"Mother, I'm so sad."

She fell into Mrs. Sakabe's arms, like a harbor where a wandering wanderer finally returned home. She felt the reassuring arms and released her grief to the fullest.

"My good daughter, tell mother what happened?"

Mrs. Sakabe gently patted White Fox on the back.

"The person I love, he hates me, he's gone, he'll never see me again..."

White Fox finally burst into tears. These days, she is really in pain, but she can only face it alone. Now that she has a warm embrace, she can't wait to vent all her loss and grief.

"That's it... It turns out that you are also so sad when you lose the person you love. Then, Tamamo, have you ever thought about me? Have you ever thought about the loss of the person I love, my husband, what had happened to me? How sad I am?"

White Fox was startled to realize that something was wrong, and was about to break free from Mrs. Sakabe's embrace, but it was too late. She felt a biting pain in her left shoulder, and in just a split second, the pain passed through her body and hit her chest.

She looked at the tip of the knife on her left chest in disbelief, looked up at Mrs. Sakabe, and fell on the tatami. Bright red blood kept flowing.

"Do you know how sad I am now? You monster! That night, it was his blood, it was all over the house! Can you imagine how I felt? Can you imagine how I buried my husband with my own hands? And his broken heart! You vicious monster! It's you! It's all because of you! I can't wait to eat your flesh and drink your blood!"

Mrs. Sakabe gritted her teeth and said these words, and slowly collapsed on the tatami. She just used all her strength to stab the knife hidden in her sleeve from the left shoulder of White Fox, piercing it in one breath. Her mission was completed, her revenge was avenged, and her husband could finally rest in peace.

White Fox was lying on the ground, weakly feeling the terrifying pain on her body, lamenting the trick of fate. That night she killed Sakabe. Today Mrs. Sakabe stabbed her body with a knife. Anyway, in this way, her debt to them can be paid.

What made her strange was that it was impossible for ordinary human weapons to hurt her so much. But now she seems to be nailed to the ground and can't move. It seems that the knife that stabbed her must not be extraordinary. How could Mrs. Sakabe have such a powerful magic weapon?

"It seems that the magic circle I originally arranged is no longer necessary. To be honest, I didn't think about how useful you would be. Mrs. Sakabe, you really surprised me! Well, since you you have successfully completed your mission, go to my manor to receive your reward!"

A strange and somewhat familiar voice sounded. White Fox seemed familiar, but couldn't remember it for a while.

"Little fox, you have finally fallen into my hands."

White Fox looked at the man in a white robe, holding a black fan, and wearing a black crown. 

"Who are you?"

The man chuckled lightly.

"Sure enough, you don't remember me."

The fox clan's memory has always been good, but there are times when people who are insignificant and mediocre can't remember clearly.

"You look like an onmyoji, right? The sword on me is yours? Why did you collude with Sakabe to harm me? Aren't you afraid that the king will blame you?"

She was in unbearable pain and bleeding so much that it was already difficult to speak.

"Hahaha... You are so naive! Do you think the king still thinks you are the concubine? The king is to blame? It's funny!"

The man approached her face and whispered in her ear.

"Tell you the truth. This arrest of you was ordered by the king. Mrs. Sakabe and I are just doing duties for the king."

"Impossible..."

"Do you think the king will always spoil you? By the way, why didn't you go and find your palace maid Haru? Ah, of course, she is no longer a palace maid! She is now called Haru concubine, how? Do you like it? ?"

"No..."

"Anyway, you don't love the king either. Why are you unhappy?"

White Fox's vision gradually blurred, and she couldn't see the young man's face clearly.

"What the hell are you..."

"It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that from now on, you belong to me alone, little fox."

After the man finished speaking, he stood up and gave orders to the soldiers behind him.

"Take her to the secret cell and keep her under strict watch!"

2