Last Chapter: Little Fox
131 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you going there again?"

"Yeah, you found out."

The little magpie shook her head.

"Don't blame me for not reminding you! That's a Taoist priest, you little fox, don't be caught by him!"

The little fox tilted her head and asked suspiciously.

"What does he catch me for?"

"Hey, you little idiot! He can eat your meat, use your fur as clothes, and use you to make elixir! I heard that those Taoist priests like elixir the most!"

The little fox was not at all frightened by her friend's words.

"However, I don't think he will hurt me."

"How can you be sure he won't hurt you?"

"Well...I can't tell. But, I always thought he wouldn't hurt me."

The little fox didn't tell her friends that maybe she was rescued by the Taoist priest. Because every time she encounters danger, she always seems to see his figure.

The first time was when she was very little, she went to the river to catch fish. As a result, the river was fast and she unfortunately drowned. Before she fainted, she vaguely saw a human face. But when she woke up on the shore, she saw only her friend, the little magpie. So she wasn't sure if it was the Taoist priest who lived on the mountain who saved her.

And that time she was attacked by a tiger in the forest, and she was pinned to the ground and unable to move. Fortunately, a strange wind suddenly fell from the sky and swept the tiger away, which made her escape. At that time, she immediately got up and looked around. At that moment, she seemed to see a man in blue clothes standing on a tree. But in the blink of an eye, the figure disappeared.

Situations like this have happened frequently since she can remember, and she has lost count. She had never been able to determine whether the human being who saved her life was the Taoist priest until a few days ago.

That day, she climbed Kunlun Mountain to pick the thousand-year-old Ganoderma lucidum. It is said that eating it can prolong life and longevity. There are even more rumors that eating it can also practice spells and even turn into a humanoid. But the place where Ganoderma lucidum grows is the Kunlun Mountain that no creature dares to climb. There are terrifying legends about it in the forest, and all climbers have never returned, and even the corpse cannot be found.

But the more so, the more curious she became, so she went alone. Although the mountain was steeper, it was not as scary as the rumors had suggested. Although she suffered a lot, she finally climbed to the top of the mountain, and she even saw the golden Ganoderma lucidum.

However, perhaps she was overexcited. Just when she was about to touch the Ganoderma lucidum, she suddenly slipped and fell straight off the cliff. Below her was the abyss where she could not see the bottom, she screamed and kept falling, thinking that her short fox life was over.

As a result, her body that fell madly was suddenly hugged by someone, and then he went down the mountain in a blink of an eye. This time, she finally saw clearly the human being who saved her, the handsome Taoist priest in blue clothes. He put her back on the ground and disappeared again.

"Oh, you stubborn fox! Then you go! But if something happens, don't cry in front of me!"

After speaking, the little magpie flew away.

The little fox continued on its way, and soon saw the thatched hut where the young man lived. She didn't disturb him rashly, but quietly went to hide under the hibiscus tree. She waited cautiously for a while, and then stuck her head out to look at the movement in the hut. Sure enough, the Taoist priest was meditating with his eyes closed and did not notice her.

She has come here to see him every day these days, and every time she has not let him find out. She was a little proud and a little happy. For some unknown reason, every time she saw this young man, she felt inexplicably joy in her heart.

She found a comfortable position to lie down and peeked at him for a while. In this warm breeze caressing, the wind blows the grass, she accidentally fell asleep.

"Always so sleepy."

In her sleep, someone patted her head. That broad and warm palm made her feel familiar and comfortable. She whimpered a few times with satisfaction and fell asleep more deeply.

This time she had a dream in which she was sitting on the hibiscus tree that she was no stranger to. She saw the young Taoist priest who came out of the thatched hut. She jumped down from the tree with a smirk, and jumped directly into his arms.

The young man hugged her with a smile and kissed her eyes.

Only then did she discover the familiar and unfamiliar red dress on her body, and looked at her flowing black hair and white, tender and slender hands. Everything was so familiar. She finally found out that she was no longer a little fox.

She looked at the reflection of herself in the young man's eyes, the gorgeous and moving face made her feel very familiar, so familiar that she wanted to cry.

"If you don't get up, there will be no meat to eat."

A voice brought her back to reality from her dream. She rubbed her eyes and stretched, only to realize that it was getting late. And the young Taoist priest had already sat on the side and grilled the fish. She realized that her whereabouts were exposed, and she was a little embarrassed. But when she smelled the smell of grilled fish wafting in the air, not only did her saliva drool, but her stomach also growled.

"Come and eat."

The young man put the selected fish into the bowl on the ground and beckoned to her. Although she was a little embarrassed, she couldn't control her body.

"Eat slowly, no one will rob you."

The young man helped her smoothen her fur and said with a smile.

"You've been coming to my thatched hut a lot these days."

Oops, it turns out that I was discovered long ago!

"Well, do you like here?"

I can't talk about liking it, I just like looking at you.

"If you like it, then you can live here."

What? Can I live here? What a surprise!

"Your original bed has been kept."

My original? When have I lived here? Did you mistake the fox?

"Actually it's better. I can help you practice earlier."

It is also a good thing to be able to speak after practicing.

"That day you climbed the top of the Kunlun Mountain in order to get Ganoderma lucidum, right?"

Yes! Speaking of which, your mana is so powerful, can you take down the Ganoderma lucidum and give it to me?

"That Ganoderma lucidum belongs to the Goddess Mother, so don't think about it anymore."

I see. That's fine, then I will cultivate slowly by myself.

"I'll find the right time to ask her for this Ganoderma lucidum. In this way, you can also become a humanoid as soon as possible."

Really? You are such a good man! The little magpie really misread you!

The young man touched her head, and there was love and longing that could not be hidden in his eyes.

"Grow up quickly, White Fox."

White Fox? Are you calling me? Is this my name?

"This time we will never be apart again."

Why you said something weird? Didn't we just meet? Ah, you really saved me before, right? Every time you hide from me, hehe, now you finally don't hide?

The young man seemed a little sad and stopped talking.

She ate two fish, her stomach stretched like a ball.

"You are always so cute."

The young man carried her and flew to the hibiscus tree and placed her on the thick branch.

The moon brightly illuminated the night, and one person and one fox just lay on the tree. For the first time, she was in the arms of the young man, feeling his body temperature. Looking at his face so closely, she felt that the eyebrows and the bridge of the nose were so familiar, as if they had appeared countless times in her dreams. She gently sniffed the scent of his body and slowly approached his face.

Unexpectedly, she stuck out her tongue and licked him, and seeing that he was not angry, she licked again. When she done it sixth, the young man finally couldn't help but open his mouth.

"I'll go to the Goddess Mother tomorrow to ask for the Ganoderma lucidum."

Ah, so, will I be able to transform into a human form tomorrow? What a surprise! She wagged her tail and danced with joy.

But why is the young man so eager to help her become a human being?

When she understood it, it was another story.

4