29 – Sneak attack 1
215 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

29 – Sneak attack 1

I gripped the spear tightly, jumped down from the tree, and aimed the spear’s pointed head towards the head of the guard.
As I was falling, I borrowed the gravity to accelerate which added force to my attack.
When I reached closer, I used my strength, and with the spear, I tried piercing his head from the back of his neck.
As he was a Refinement stage cultivator, he will have a strong skull compared to a normal mortal human. So instead of risking my one chance to kill, I aimed at the joint area of his skull and neck. And the spear easily pierced and went through it.
pssch
Now, it might sound weird, but the four people I killed were either hit in the back of the head or struck near the neck area.
To clear some doubts, I had to hit those regions, because they are the most vulnerable areas for a quick kill. And I don’t have the strength to fight or kill them by hitting in other areas, so I have to go for some cheap tricks.
And I want to clear a thing, I don’t have any fetish regarding neck area or something. That’s all due to circumstances and nothing else.
As I landed quite embarrassedly, the guard struggled a lot but after a few moments, I heard the system notification;
‘ding’
‘Refinement stage human killed’
‘+2600 Exp'
‘Level up’
‘Level up’
‘Level up’
‘Obtained 60 Free stat Points and 6 extra Free stat Points for leveling up 3 times consecutively.’
‘-10 HP’
Reading the system notification and leveling up 3 times, I got happy and when I received 66 Free stat Points, I felt like won a lottery.
You know, from 11 to 20 levels, I will get 20 Free stat Points for each level up.
And for each level up, an additional 2 stat Points increment to all my stats and multiplied by 3 (for leveling up 3 times), which is 6 stat points were added to my all stats, I felt my strength, defense, senses, and others areas getting stronger.
Before whenever I leveled up, this kind of feeling was almost negligible, but now the addition of stats points to my all stats makes me feel stronger than before.
================
Quick Recap:
‘Each time host level-ups, each stat will increase according to the following:’
From Level 1-10 = 1 point
From Level 11-20 = 2 point
From Level 21-30 = 3 point
From Level 31-40 = 4 point
From Level 41-50 = 5 point
From Level 51-60 = 6 point
From Level 61-70 = 7 point
From Level 71-80 = 8 point
From Level 81-90 = 9 point
From Level 91-100 = 10 point
--------------------
‘And for each time host level-ups, free stat points obtained are as following:’
From levels 1-10; for each level up host will get 10 free stat points.
From levels 11-20; for each level up host will get 20 free stat points.
From levels 21-30; for each level up host will get 30 free stat points.
From levels 31-40; for each level up host will get 40 free stat points.
From levels 41-50; for each level up host will get 50 free stat points.
From levels 51-60; for each level up host will get 60 free stat points.
From levels 61-70; for each level up host will get 70 free stat points.
From levels 71-80; for each level up host will get 80 free stat points.
From levels 81-90; for each level up host will get 90 free stat points.
From Level 91-100; for each level up host will get 100 free stat points.
=================
.
And I almost neglected, the loss of HP as I have bought many HP potions, I feel that losing 10 HP is not a big deal.
Well of course, at the beginning I did not have money and no access to HP potions, but now I do.
You know greed is a harmful thing. And the people also call ‘greed is one of the seven sins and named it as (Godly Sin of Greed), included in the (7 Godly sins)’.
But this guard, for a few coins, was blinded by the greed and even after his companion left, he stayed back and searched the dead body to obtain some money. But now, because of that greed, he could not sense his death approaching.
And now, he is dead and he cannot enjoy his own wealth.
Well, I decided not to search the guard’s body, as I feel that killing the other Guard is more important than finding some money which would hardly get me, 1 or 2 (Lvl 1 HP or MP potion).
I took out 3 (Lvl 1 HP potion) and 1 (Lvl 2 MP potion) to restore my HP and MP.
As I have leveled up, both HP and MP limits have increased. Plus, I have consumed some MP already and that needs to be filled as I have to run after the guard and activate ‘Sprint’.
After I drank the HP and MP potions, I activated the ‘Sprint’ skill and started running in the direction in which the other guard ran.
As I was running, I gave the system command to add 3 free stat points to the ‘strength’ stat and 5 free stat points to the ‘Agility’ stat at an interval of 15 seconds. And stop when the number of stat points added reaches 40.
Right now, I have 66 Free stat points, so I am investing 40 stat points, to increase my overall strength and speed for a better chance of fighting against the guards or handling any other danger, I might encounter.
After 1 minute or so, I saw the other guard, who was running ahead of me towards the direction from which a women’s scream came earlier.
I immediately activated the ‘stealth’ skill and prepared the spear I was holding to use it to pierce when I get closer to the guard.
It took me a few seconds, to get closer to the guard and he was about 10 meters away from me. When I suddenly heard the system notification,
‘ding’
‘Sprint skill leveled up’
When I read the notification, I felt my speed increase and I was just away 2-3 meters away from the guard. So, I immediately lifted the spear, gathered strength, and stabbed it with full strength.
It looked like the guard felt a sense of crisis and immediately ducked by falling to the ground, and missed my attack.
After I missed, I immediately turned around and once again pierced the guard who is still on the ground. This time though, the guard reacted a little late, and the spear stabbed into his right arm. But I still failed to kill him in one stroke.
As I was prepared to strike again, the guard distanced himself away from me.
He looked at me and said angrily,
“Bastard kid, you dare to hurt me? I swear that if I don’t kill you today, then I will change my surname to yours.”
Looks like the guard is really pissed off.
After shouting, the guard took his spear in his left hand and tried stabbing me. Although, one of my strikes pierced his right arm, but it did not pierce deep enough and his hand can still function.
I dodged his strike and his spear did not touch me. But after he missed, he continued his offense and I continued to dodge.
Gradually I assumed a defensive position and the guard was on the offensive. My eyes could not keep up with his offense but luckily my agility saved me.
Realizing that if this continues, I might get injured, I decided to increase my ‘Sense’ stat.
“System add 5 free stat points in the ‘Sense’ stat”
As the system followed my command, I felt that all my 6 senses improved. Earlier, I could hardly see a blurry shadow of the spear, but now I can see the spear’s trajectory properly.
The guard was clearly shocked by my speed, he felt that his strike would connect to my body but at the last moment, I luckily dodged it. And when it happened repeatedly, he felt frustration build up.

12