58- Evolved?
131 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

58- Evolved?  

  

‘ding’  

‘Due to being in contact with the (Purple Dome Mushroom) and possessing low resistance against poison, the practice sword was contaminated with the poison of (Purple Dome mushroom) and a mutation occurred.’  

‘(Practice sword) has obtained 2 weapon effects’  

‘First effect: Poisoning’  

‘Second effect: Paralysis’  

Reading this, I was stunned and then gradually came back to my senses, as a smile appeared on my face.  

First of all, I never expected that something like this would happen.   

I used the ‘Practice sword’ just because it was the weapon with the lowest stats that I have and even if it got damaged, I wouldn’t feel any distress about it.  

And to increase my fighting experience, I will have to constantly face many new and stronger enemies.  

And as the level of my enemies increases, I will be needing stronger weapons too. So, any weak weapons that I have, can either be sold or used for miscellaneous things or given/lent to someone else.   

The same goes for the ‘Practice sword’. In the beginning, it might have been helpful, but today as I faced the Evolver stage snakes, I felt the weakness of the ‘Practice sword’.  

One must know that in close combats: knives, swords, axes, claws, etc. Are the most suitable weapons for offense and defense. While the spears, bow & arrows, slings, guns, etc. are the most suitable for long-range combat.  

I might have beheaded the snakes with the ‘Practice Sword’ and knife, but it was not easy.   

Practically, the more a living being cultivates and advances, the stronger it becomes.  

The same applies in this case. The low level snakes at the Beginning stage & Refinement stage are easy to kill with the sword and knife. But it is different when killing an Evolver stage snake.   

The ‘Practice sword’ has low stats, so when I used it for killing the Beginning stage & Refinement stage snakes, it was as easy as cutting tofu.  

But when beheading the Evolver stage snakes, it felt like I was cutting a block of wood or tree equal to the thickness of a teenager’s arm.   

Although with my strength cutting a block of wood or a tree of the same thickness can be done with little effort, but for me to continue using ‘Practice sword’ in fights with Evolver/Demi-Human/Higher level humans or monsters will get harder, tougher and dangerous. And this fact is undeniable.   

And if by any chance, the sword breaks during the fight, then I will be showing a huge gap in my defense. And my life and death will be decided at that moment itself.  

As for the knife, it can only be useful in stabbing or fighting humans.   

But it is useless against monsters as the knife is practically more useful in stabbing, while it can also be used for slashing but this is where the knife’s shortcoming lies.   

Practically, the length of the knife’s blade is short; hence the wound that could have been lethal on a human, might not have much effect on a monster, as they have larger builds compared to a human.   

And if the monster is not injured lethally, then it could be dangerous because sometimes the monsters can go berserk, in life and death situations.  

Although the snakes I have killed had lengths ranging from 1 meter to 4 meters, but their body thickness was hardly equal to an adult man’s wrist.  

Hence, the knife was useful in killing the snakes. But if it is some other monster, then killing them with the knife would have been difficult.  

Hence, a sword is a best-balanced weapon in close combat weapons.  

So, having a good sword is a must and here I was hesitating if I should buy a new sword from the shop or not. But now, the ‘Practice sword’ has evolved and got 2 effects. How awesome is that?  

Immediately, I asked the system to show me the details of the evolved ‘practice sword’ and the description of the effects.  

‘ding’  

Practice sword: (Poisonous – 8 times usability)  

5-7 Strength  

4-7 Agility  

1-2 defense  

.  

Poisoning: (Note- 2 times of usability)  

        After the weapon makes contact with the opponent’s body and manages to injure him/her, then the opponent might get poisoned.  

Note:   

1- Higher the level and resistance of the opponent; lower the chance of being poisoned.  

2- After being poisoned, the time taken for the death of an opponent will vary depending on the opponent's level and resistance.  

Paralysis: (Requirement- 1 time of usability)  

         If the opponent's resistance is high enough to resist the poison, then there is a chance that the opponent might suffer paralysis.  

Note:   

1- The higher the level or resistance of the opponent, lower the chance of paralyzing the opponent.  

2- After being paralyzed, the time taken for recovery by an opponent will vary depending on the opponent's level and resistance.  

‘ding’  

‘Note: The poisonous effect is not a permanent effect, the effect will be gone after the mentioned uses.’  

Reading all the descriptions, all the happiness went away.   

Because let’s be practical, clearly the sentence ‘the higher the level of opponent, lower the chance of being poisoned/paralyzed’ clearly means that the sword is useful against low level creatures rather than higher level ones.   

What’s the use of that?   

Because killing the low level ones is as easy as farting, instead of poisoning or paralyzing them, right?   

Unless...unless I don’t want to kill my enemies but keep them alive for certain situations and keep them under the constant threat of poison.   

And there are also limitations given to the number of times I can use the weapon. This means that the weapon will revert back to its previous self.   

Although the change in the weapon is better than nothing, but still the excitement that came with the evolution, was gone.  

Putting all the disappointment behind me, I activated the ‘Sprint’ skill and ran in the direction of the hidden cave to meet Armelia.   

While running, I was thinking of a way to convince Armelia to give me the complete ‘Purple dome mushroom’ as this will be helpful for me to suppress the poisoned condition.  

But unfortunately, other than using some underhanded means or unethical means, nothing was coming to my mind.   

“Looks like my heart is still soft...”  

I muttered to myself and sighed.  

Generally, after getting the ‘Purple dome mushroom’, I should be running away from Armelia or maybe, even killing her, but my heart is unwilling to do so.  

And I don’t know why I feel like that and I can only convince myself with the fact that I still need her as we both received the inheritance together and until I am able to fully explore the inheritance, I want to stay close to Armelia.  

Although I know this is not the exact reason but I don’t know what other reason can I come up with and convince myself? 

3