CH 25 – I Can Get Used To This Feeling
102 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day before his tenth birthday, Zhu Furong is taking a nap under one of the peach trees in his courtyard, wearing his comfortable t-shirt and trousers.

The season is about to change from summer to fall so the weather is quite windy and cool. The time past-afternoon is perfect for a nap.

"Little Flower, Little Flower, where are you? Little Flower..." Zhu Ling's voice could be heard looking for Zhu Furong.

It has been nearly two months since she left the house. She came back today.

After finding Zhu Furong's room empty she rushed to look for him in the courtyard, calling for him.

Zhu Furong opened his eyes, sat up, yawned while patting his mouth. He stretched his body then shouted lazily. "Elder Sister, I am here." He rubbed his eyes.

"Ah here you are, I was looking for you all over the place. See what I-" Zhu Ling cheerfully treaded towards Zhu Furong trying to show him something but she choked on her words midway.

She gawked at Zhu Furong with her mouth wide open.

"Wow." She uttered, absent-mindedly.

Zhu Ling is wearing a half-sleeved, cyan hanfu with golden embroideries, a blue belt tied around her waist. Her black hair is tied behind her back and supported with a long, crystalline blue hair pin. She is holding a blue coloured, beautifully embroidered drawstring bag.

She looks pretty.

Looking at the weird behaviour of Zhu Ling, Zhu Furong slowly stood up then walked closer to Zhu Ling and asked with a confused look. "What is it? What are you staring at?"

"Ah Little Flower you-you..." She still couldn't get out of shock.

Zhu Ling quickly put her drawstring bag down then grabbed one of Zhu Furong's hands with lightning speed.

She started inspecting it as if she was looking at some expensive jewellery.

"Siiiii..." Zhu Ling sucked in cold air after some time of inspection.

"What did you use on your skin? It's so smooth, so clean, so soft, so... Ahhh... I am so jealous. Why do you have such beautiful skin every woman dreams of? So unfair." She lamented.

"Er..." Zhu Furong blushed. He doesn't know how to take her praise. He himself doesn't want to have skin like a woman but it can't be helped can it?

"What did you use these days when I was gone? What's your secret?" Zhu Ling asked with persistence.

"Nothing E-Elder Sister, nothing." Zhu Furong answered, befuddled, while freeing his hand from Zhu Ling.

"You don't want to tell me?" Zhu Ling glared angrily at Zhu Furong.

"Ugh! It's not that I don't want to tell you, Elder Sister, I really didn't do anything to my skin, I swear." Zhu Furong pleaded.

"Humph! I will ask grandpa, he must know something. For now take these." She stamped her feet, then she rubbed her Space Ring.

Yes. Zhu Ling has her own Space Ring, it's a gift from the second prince.

One needs Qi to operate a Space Ring. Zhu Ling is now 14 years old and is a Qi Condensation stage Cultivator.

Anyone who has opened his meridians, can condense Qi inside their body. This is the reason why Zhu Furong has to keep the connection between his dantians and meridians closed. With his unique physique automatically absorbing Qi, it will be quite bad if the Qi condenses in his dantians. It's not the right time yet for him to Cultivate Qi.

Zhu Ling handed over a paper bag to Zhu Furong with something inside it. "Inside are two crepes, they are from Zifang city, their crepes are quite popular,you will like them. They are still hot since time and space are frozen inside a Space Ring."

Then she again took something out. "Here, a jade flute for you, the design is quite beautiful, you are good with music, so you can definitely master it in no time. Tomorrow is your birthday, right? It's an early birthday present from me." She smiled.

"And this is from Ming Zen." She passed a folding fan to Zhu Furong. The fan has white leaf and gold guards, beautifully decorated with expensive gems.

"That's all." Zhu Ling concluded.

"From the prince? Not the princess?" Zhu Furong asked with amazement. For the little princess to not send any birthday presents for him is quite unexpected.

"Oh right. I forgot." Zhu Ling slapped her forehead.

Then she suddenly started giggling. And soon started laughing loudly while holding her stomach.

With a weird and concerned face Zhu Furong asked. "Elder Sister, are you alright? Did you hit your head somewhere before coming here?"

"Hahaha... No-no... Pffft... Hahaha..." She couldn't stop laughing.

It took a good amount of time for Zhu Ling to calm down. With her body still jerking from time to time, she somehow managed to pass the message entrusted to her. "Tomorrow, 10AM, 'Million Flowers' house, the princess will be waiting for you. It's a date." She said point to point while trying her best to suppress her laughter.

Then she picked her drawstring bag, turned around and started walking towards the gate.

She waved her hand. "That's it."

"Two 'flowers' meeting at a 'flower' house, pffft, hahaha..." She couldn't hold back anymore and started laughing aloud again.

Embarrassed, Zhu Furong only shook his head with a wide smile. Rather than feeling mocked, he enjoyed the laughter of his Elder Sister, she looked quite adorable enjoying her life.

Million Flowers house is the most popular restaurant in the capital city Dafan. It's exceptionally known for its exceptional cuisine and scenic view.

"Ah wait Elder Sister, I don't know where the Million Flowers house is located." He chased after Zhu Ling.

...

Next morning, covering his sparkling white hanfu with a black, hooded robe, Zhu Furong sneaked out of the house.

The only people who know about his date with the princess are his elder sister and grandfather. And both these people know to keep their mouths sealed.

Ten minutes before 10AM, Zhu Furong reached near the Million Flowers house. He stopped at a safe distance to observe the surroundings. It would be bad if anybody in the capital found out about his relationship with princess Ming Lan. So he has to be extra careful.

The Million Flowers house is more of a garden than a restaurant. The Million Flowers house has quite a large property which is protected by high walls.

Zhu Furong heard about it from Zhu Ling, but he is still shocked at how far these walls stretched. It covers a massive area of land.

According to Zhu Ling, everything has already been prepared for his date with Ming Lan. The whole restaurant is booked by prince Ming Zen, so there won't be any issues.

Zhu Furong noticed the same bodyguards of princess Ming Lan from the All Metals store, guarding the gate of the Million Flowers house. They are more likely there to welcome Zhu Furong and make sure the privacy is maintained.

After making sure everything was alright, Zhu Furong slowly walked to the restaurant gate. The bodyguards recognized him and cued Zhu Furong with their eyes to enter the gate. They can't show any form of familiarity with Zhu Furong as they are outside and there are people passing by. It's better to keep things as oblivious as possible.

Zhu Furong blinked his eyes in affirmation and entered the gate.

Walking on the pathway he noticed the palanquin of princess Ming Lan parked near the body of a wall inside. Seems like the princess has already arrived and is waiting for him inside.

The pathway is quite long and twisted but the way to the restaurant house is filled with flower trees and flower plants. There are all different colours and species of flowers. The aroma in the air is sweet and fragrant.

The view of millions of blooming flowers is quite a sight to behold.

This same view is the reason for the restaurant's popular name, Million Flowers.

Even when the season of fall is just around the corner, the flowers still don't show any signs of withering.

Following the pathway, Zhu Furong reached near a small lake. The lake has clean and clear water with koi fish swimming inside. The lake is surrounded by beautiful wisteria and weeping peach trees. 

There's a wooden bridge which leads to a deck at the centre of the lake. The circular deck is further connected to 5 beautiful and large houseboats, forming a blooming flower with five petals. This is the main body of the Million Flowers house.

Zhu Furong is amazed by the beauty of this place and couldn't help but admire it.

He noticed a woman waiting at one of the houseboats. If not wrong, she should be Ming Lan's personal maid.

Zhu Furong took off his black robe and put it inside the Space Ring Ming Lan had gifted him on his last birthday. He is also carrying his pearl white zither and the new flute he got yesterday inside the Space Ring. Knowing princess Ming Lan, she will definitely ask him to play music for her.

In a dignified manner Zhu Furong walked towards the houseboat where princess Ming Lan is supposed to be.

 Before entering, he asked the maid. "Is princess Ming Lan inside?"

Strangely, the maid didn't answer. It is like she didn't hear Zhu Furong.

"Ahem! This lady… Is the princess inside?" Zhu Furong tried again.

But still the maid didn't answer. She seems to be just staring at Zhu Furong's face constantly without even blinking. It's like some magic has been casted upon her.

"Er..." Zhu Furong doesn't know what to do.

"What are you doing outside? Come inside already." Suddenly the impatient voice of Ming Lan came from inside the houseboat.

"Ah, yes." Zhu Furong hastily replied and passed the maid to open the wooden door of the houseboat. The maid still didn't move or make any sound, it's like she is a sculpture and not a human.

Zhu Furong looked at her one last time then scratched his head in confusion as he entered the houseboat.

After a while...

"Ah!" The yelp of the princess could be heard from inside.

Now the maid got back to her senses. "Oh." "Ah?" Then she rushed towards the door of the houseboat and shouted. "Princess are you alright."

"Yes, yes I am alright, you can take your leave, tell the chefs to send the food on time, till then no one is allowed to come near here. Got it?" Ming Lan ordered from inside.

"Yes, your highness. I will take my leave." The maid politely said and then her footsteps sounded going further and further.

Reaching the shore of the lake the maid blushed all red. She covered her face with both her hands and murmured. "What a beautiful man. The princess is quite lucky."

Yes. People usually say that the man marrying a princess is a lucky bastard but here things have switched places. In the opinion of the maid, the princess is lucky to be able to marry Zhu Furong. 

Seems like his beauty has yet again mesmerized another woman.

Inside the houseboat…

Princess Ming Lan is wearing a yellow wide sleeved hanfu similar to Zhu Furong, with a purple coloured belt around her waist. This time her hair is tied into two buns and is decorated with ornaments. She is also wearing earrings and a necklace.

She has obviously dressed up for the man she loves. She looks extremely beautiful.

But her behaviour is still not that beautiful.

After gawking at Zhu Furong for about 10 minutes, princess Ming Lan followed the same routine as Zhu Ling, the only difference was that she said 'I will ask Sister-in-law Zhu Ling', rather than 'I will ask grandpa', the rest were all the same. This little girl is definitely training under Zhu Ling, she is following the same steps as her master.

Ming Lan didn't want to give up and kept asking Zhu Furong about his secret of skincare. Both of them had similar types of fair skin before, but now all of a sudden Zhu Furong's skin has a far better texture and colour than hers. How?

Like hell he would know.

'This hundred percent pure body is hundred percent trouble. What a headache, oof." Zhu Furong thought while rubbing his glabella.

To avoid being nagged by her, Zhu Furong decided to throw a random question. "You are eight years old now right? Have you started Cultivating?"

Ming Lan let go of Zhu Furong's hand and clasped her hands together. "Ah yes, I started. Not now but since last year." Then she raised her right arm showing her muscles. "Soon I will be strong enough to beat anyone who bullies you, hehe." Ming Lan showed her pearl white teeth.

She looked so cute acting like a tomboy that Zhu Furong wanted to hug her.

Zhu Furong poked her forehead. "You are the only one who bullies me, how are you going to beat yourself?"

Then he rubbed his chin and said in a thoughtful way. "Well, it will be quite a sight to behold."

"You..." "I hate you." Ming Lan pouted and started to hammer her hands on Zhu Furong.

"Ah, ooh, ah, I was kidding, I was just kidding." Zhu Furong playfully begged for mercy.

"You are the one who bullies me all the time. I hate you." Ming Lan kept beating him.

Zhu Furong made a sad face. "Sigh! So you hate me huh? Then I should leave."

"Ah!" Ming Lan suddenly stopped her actions. She stepped back from him. She looked troubled. "Ah no, don't go. I don't hate you. I-I-" She blushed hard, her whole face turned red down to her neck. "I love you." She rapidly said then covered her face with both her hands. "Oh god, I said it. So embarrassing..." She doesn't have the guts to look at Zhu Furong. She is too embarrassed.

This is the first time the princess has ever said 'I love you' to Zhu Furong face to face. She may be a bossy and dominant type of girl similar to Zhu Ling, but she is still only eight years old. She is too innocent for such intimate moments.

On the other side Zhu Furong stared at the little girl with his right hand on his chin and the left hand supporting the right arm across his chest. He enjoyed the flustered sight of Ming Lan.

In these past two years Zhu Furong has tried many shenanigans to get on the bad side of the princess. So he can avoid the marriage with Mm ing Lan and the troubles she may bring to him. But the princess never showed any dislike for him, she on the other hand tried her best to get his affection, be it the sweet way or the rough way.

At this moment Zhu Furong found the little girl more and more adorable. The way she acted melted his heart, he felt her genuine affection for him. His heart warmed up.

'I can get used to this feeling.' He thought with a warm smile on his face.

He grabbed the hands of Ming Lan and pulled them apart. Leaning forward he gently kissed her forehead.

Ming Lan almost passed out. She never expected Zhu Furong, who is always looking for ways to get jilted by her, to suddenly show such affection towards her. It was like a dream come true for her. She rushed forward and threw herself in his arms.

This time Zhu Furong didn't expect such a reaction from her. He just stood there with his hands in the air for a good 5 minutes, then slowly and gently he placed his arms across her back and held her.

The couple held each other for about 15 minutes before letting go with a red face. They both didn't dare to look each other into the eyes.

The houseboat has one side of the wall open, to enjoy the scenery of the flower trees weeping on the shore and the snow-white swans swimming in the lake.

Zhu Furong sat on a pillow and took out his zither and started to play a soothing melody. His heart is burning with love. He put it into his music. Ming Lan sat beside him and listened with her eyes closed.

Midway Zhu Furong's thoughts went astray and the tune changed from joy to sorrow to melancholy. At the end he started weeping.

The melody told a story of two people falling in love, then going through hardships together and at least separating from each other.

Ming Lan wiped his tears with her handkerchief and consoled him. "Don't worry, I will never leave your side."

Zhu Furong reminisced about his past life with Jiu Weici, they too had their innocent love moments, but things went in such a cruel way... Just what went wrong?

Zhu Furong smiled bleakly and caressed Ming Lan's head. "Nothing is set in life. There are times when you have to leave even if you don't want to."

Ming Lan grabbed his hand and pouted. "Leaving doesn't mean I can't come back. I will come back to you. No matter how many days, or how many years pass by, I will come back to you."

"You will?" Zhu Furong raised one of his eyebrows.

"I will." Ming Lan raised her nose with assurance.

"I will... I will." Zhu Furong murmured while nodding slowly. He looked deep into the skies, seeming to promise these words to someone far away.

Knock! Knock! "Princess, the food is here." Suddenly the maid knocked at the door.

"Come in." Ming Lan ordered.

The door opened and the maid delivered tray after tray of exotic dishes. She placed everything on the table and then left. No one else entered the room. All the people who came to deliver the food only quietly stood outside and then left along the maid.

Soon the couple started chatting about random stuff and the melancholic atmosphere was all gone.

"By the way Little Princess, you said you started Cultivating from last year, so it should be when you were seven years old. Don't people normally start Cultivating at the age of eight?" Zhu Furong asked while biting on a piece of meat fed by Ming Lan with her own hand.

Ming Lan pinched Zhu Furong's waist. "What Little Princess? You often call me that, which part of me is little?" She asked while raising her chest.

Zhu Furong looked at her with a weird face first, but when he noticed some traces of budding breasts he blushed and instantly looked away.

'This little girl is growing too fast. If she keeps up this pace and those...' Zhu Furong gulped while thinking about the bountiful future scenery. His face turned lecherous, almost getting a nosebleed.

Ming Lan saw it and quickly covered her chest with her arms. "What are you thinking? You shameless boy." She too blushed biting on her lips.

Zhu Furong scratched his cheek with a finger with embarrassment, feeling guilty for having thoughts over an eight-year-old. It's a crime!

'Hell with the crimes, my soul may be 35 years old, but my Physical Body is only 10 years old. What counts here is the body, not the mind. Didn't Master Demon God say to pick up some women on my way? How will I find any women if I keep ignoring them? Well, this one is just a little girl right now but by the time I pick her up she would have grown into a fine woman. I did nothing wrong here, it's preparation for the future. In the path of Cultivation, age is just a number. Yes!' Zhu Furong shamelessly weaved up a fair reason to his defence.

"Er... About my question from earlier." He tried to change the subject. And succeeded.

"Ah that? Hmm..." She tapped her chin with her index finger looking thoughtful. "If I remember correctly, my mother said something about me having a unique physique. What was the name... What was the name..." She scratched her small head. "Ah yes. Meteorite Flower Body. Yes. That's what she said." She nodded her head rapidly in confirmation.

"Your mother... I mean the Empress is also a Cultivator?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Not only a Cultivator but a high ranking one at that. You will know in the future." She said in a mysterious tone.

"Hmm..." Zhu Furong nodded and didn't pry any deeper. He is a considerate man.

"So what about this Meteorite 'Flower' Body of yours?" He emphasized the 'flower' part of the sentence.

I take it back. He is not considerate at all.

Ming Lan rolled her eyes. "Don't forget you are also a flower. Humph!" She puckered and twisted her nose.

"Urgh!" Zhu Furong choked. He has hit the axe on his own foot. What a blunder.

"Meteorite Flower Body is a special type of physique good for Body Cultivation. This type of physique is only found on a female body." "Females with Meteorite Flower Body have soft skin and flesh but they can burst with immense physical strength and power when needed." She said while throwing off a punch in the air.

"So it means that you have to focus on your outer body Cultivation more than the inner body Cultivation to take full advantage of your special physique." Zhu said while rubbing his chin.

"Yes but how do you know?" Ming Lan asked with amazement.

"Silly girl, I may be incapable of Cultivating Martial Arts but I am not stupid. You can find a lot of useful information in books. I am always reading books in my free time, of course I will know a thing or two." Zhu Furong said while pinching Ming Lan's small nose.

"Oh right." Ming Lan rubbed her nose. She suddenly looked sad. "Only if you could Cultivate Martial Arts, things would have been so much better." She grieved.

Zhu Furong too made a sad face, not because he regrets not being able to Cultivate, but regrets that he can't tell her that he can.

He doesn't know what his future holds. With a body so unique that the Heavens are desperate to get rid of him. Can he really climb above the Heavens, or will the Heavens destroy him before he succeeds?

In any case, he can't accept Ming Lan in his life before he attains sufficient power and strength. Power and strength strong enough to fight against the Heavens. Transcending the Heavens will come after that. 

Until then, she has to wait. One day he will definitely tell her everything and they can be together for life. Though if she would accept a weird creature like him or not is another story.

Zhu Furong spent the rest of the day with Ming Lan in the Million Flowers house, boating, strolling and enjoying the beautiful view of flowers.

In the evening, Zhu Furong returned home in the same black disguise.

He stripped off, then took a nice, long, warm bath. After getting out of the bath, he wore a fresh set of clean, white hanfu. He took a white jade box out of his Space Ring. Inside the box is a crimson coloured scarf. Using it, he tied his long black hair into a ponytail. He looked at himself in the mirror and felt satisfied.

With a smile on his face he took off the crimson scarf, put it back inside the white jade box and placed the box inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda.

The crimson scarf is a birthday present from princess Ming Lan. The scarf is knitted with the most expensive mulberry silk and the box it's kept in is the rare white jade. The present is quite extravagant.

"You are Zhu Furong. Zhu means crimson and Furong is hibiscus flower. So it's 'crimson flower', this crimson scarf suits your name." That's what Ming Lan said while handing over the scarf to him.

"Crimson flower huh? It's still a flower in the end." Zhu Furong shook his head with a smile.

Today was one of the best days of his life. He enjoyed it quite a lot.

At night after writing a poem, he went to sleep.

4