CH 60 – Riding The Storm To The Storm
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometimes blowing, sometimes sucking. The air around the tornadoes is in chaos.

Neither can Zhu Furong get closer to the tornadoes, nor can he get away from them. Currently he is stuck in a single spot with the danger of his body tearing apart from the pushing and pulling force of 2,300mph wind.

He knows that he cannot struggle here and should let the wind carry his body as it wants, but how can he do that when the wind is not flowing in a single direction but multiple?

He looked back towards the rocky fangs and then thought of going back to hide inside the tunnel, but on second thought, he will definitely die if he goes back there where the three men are ready to butcher him if given the chance.

...

What's the use of Elemental Laws Proficiency if you cannot use it when needed? What's the use of learning Wind Steps if you cannot even tread through the wind?

Focusing his attention on the flow of the wind, Zhu Furong pointed out the points where the wind is the weakest.

Twisting and turning his body like a snake, he shot through the loophole towards a tornado. As he was only 5 meters away from the tornado, he let go.

Floating in a circular manner, Zhu Furong soon entered the base of the tornado. After a few seconds he was thrown out of the funnel, 7000 feet high in the air, above the clouds. 

Surprisingly there is no gale here, only gently blowing wind.

It has been months since Zhu Furong felt this calm after arriving at the Gale Desert. He slowly opened his eyes hoping to have been blown somewhere far away, but to his dismay he fell into another tornado. After several rotations he was thrown out into another tornado.

Zhu Furong kept juggling from one tornado to another for a good 30 minutes.

Frustrated, he asked Zhu Xingzuo for a solution.

"If you can fly, you can easily get away. But since you can't, just pray for the tornadoes to dissipate early."

Zhu Furong snarled, "What's the use of asking you then?"

"I am not wasting any more of my Chaos Qi, the current Chaos Qi protection is good enough to keep you safe inside these tornadoes. Just don't fight against them."

"By the way, why don't you take this chance to increase your proficiency in wind laws? What happened to 'overcoming your limits'?" Zhu Xingzuo mocked.

"I am all ready for it. Go on, remove the Qi protection."

Zhu Xingzuo instantly did so and instantly Zhu Furong's left arm twisted in a weird way.

"How was that? The taste of 2,300mph of sandy gust?"

Protected by Chaos Qi, with a face contorted with pain, Zhu Furong stayed quiet.

...

Half a day has passed by and the tornadoes still don't show any signs of dissipation. Zhu Furong has also traveled quite deep into the Gale Desert, riding the tornadoes.

The good thing is that his twisted arm is in the right place now.

The sky has already turned dark and the stars are twinkling.

Suddenly the bright moon got covered by a huge silhouette of a wing.

A melodious trilling echoed through the night sky as a sharp claw broke through the barrier of the tornado. It grabbed Zhu Furong and disappeared.

Within a blink of an eye, Zhu Furong found himself sitting on a soft bedding of dry leaves and grasses. A huge bird nest with a diameter of 100 feet. The nest is constructed with large rocks and stones as the perimeter and dried tree branches, leaves and grass as the bedding.

The most scary part is that this huge bird nest is surrounded by uncountable tornadoes. These tornadoes are reaching the heavens, swirling at an astonishing speed of 3000mph. But surprisingly, there is no gust reaching the nest. It is just as calm as it was above the clouds.

"Ouch!"

Zhu Furong yelped as he was pecked by a giant bird.

Rubbing his head he looked at the huge bird, up and down.

The giant bird is 30 feet tall with a wingspan of about 70 feet , golden brown feathers and sparkling black eyes. The body of a nightingale with wings and legs of a kite.

Zhu Furong gulped, "A Stormingale?"

Zhu Xingzuo agreed, "Looks like a Stormingale to me but…" He showed some doubt.

"Krrruulll..." The bird gurgled and started pecking Zhu Furong continuously like it was trying to crack a walnut.

Zhu Furong cried in pain, "Oof! Ouch! Stop-stop! Whats the problem with you, you stupid bird!"

The bird stopped, it bobbed its head left and right, staring at Zhu Furong before it gave a shrill cry. Raising one leg, spreading its wings, it started blowing gusts of wind at Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong instinctively hugged the base of the nest, if not he would have flown into the swirling tornadoes.

This quick reaction definitely saved him from flying away but now he is planted into the branches and twigs, with his limbs wide open. With each gust hitting him he is digging deeper and deeper into the nest.

The Stormingle's is producing gusts with a speed of 2,800mph. Zhu Furong found himself unable to move even an inch.

These sudden events are definitely like riding the storm to the storm. The storm, Stormingale.

After enjoying Zhu Furong's pitiful condition for a while, Zhu Xingzuo finally decided to lend a hand.

Suddenly an ancient aura diffused out of Zhu Furong's dantain and spread over the area. The aura is neither strong nor heavy but there is a hint of prestige of a Primal Beast mixed in it.

The Stormingale suddenly shrieked with fear and flew up into the sky.

It started looking at Zhu Furong with caution.

"You should have helped me sooner you stupid egg." Zhu Furong cussed

Zhu Xingzuo laughed, "It's not everyday I get to see you in such a pathetic state, of course I want to enjoy it."

"Ah, Wait! It's not so rare since a few months ago. You have been in more pathetic situations than my fingers can count."

Zhu Furong snorted, "Finger my arse, Chicken have feathers!"

Zhu Xingzuo asked in a ridiculing tone, "You sure?"

"What sure?" Zhu Furong grumbled as he stood up, spitting out dried leaves.

"To finger your arse, pfft…" Zhu Xingzuo couldn't stop laughing.

Zhu Furong gritted his teeth ready to rain curses but he suddenly noticed the Stormingale taking rounds on him.

After several rounds, the Stormingale landed in front of Zhu Furong.

It stared at Zhu Furong cautiously for a minute before flying away.

"What the fuck? Did it get scared by your aura and run away?"

"My aura is indeed strong enough to scare low rank spiritual beasts, but I don't think it is that effective against a rank 8 or rank 9 spiritual beast. I only used it to shock the Stormingale so it doesn't act recklessly."

"Then why did it fly away?"

Zhu Furong is confused, so is Zhu Xingzuo.

Their question was soon answered as the bird returned with a zoom!

It landed in front of Zhu Furong and threw a clew of Sandworms in front of him.

It chirped.

Zhu Furong made a weird face, "Er... It's not telling me to eat those right?"

"...Right?"

Zhu Xingzuo giggled, "It probably is."

Zhu Furong looked at those wiggling Sandworms opening and closing their circular brush like mouths and almost puked.

"Krul? Kru, kru..."

The Stormingale picked a single Sandworm and put it in Zhu Furong's hand.

Zhu Furong really doesn't want to hold it but the one offering is a rank 8 spiritual beast.

Stormingales are known for their cheerful nature, they travel the skies singing melodious songs—But when irritated, they can call upon wind and storms. A single angry Stormingale is enough to blow away a country or two.

You can sometimes see a Stormingale flying through the skies in the upper realm, but Zhu Furong never heard of one existing here in the lower realm.

People only know that the most dangerous creatures in the Gale Desert are a clew of Sandworms. But who will tell them how wrong they are?

...

Zhu Furong looked at the wiggling worm on his palm while the Stormingale looked at Zhu Furong.

"Little brother, help."

Zhu Xingzuo kept quiet, enjoying the show.

Zhu Furong gulped a mouthful of saliva and carefully put the worm back into its clew and stepped back.

"Kruu?"

Zhu Furong made a pleading face, "I cannot eat that. It's not good for my health."

Of course the bird is smart enough to understand human language. It picked up a bigger worm and shoved it towards Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong doesn't know what to say.

...

You shouldn't forget that a Sandworm is a rank 5 spiritual beast and a clew of Sandworms are considered rank 7.

The clew of Sandworms on the floor suddenly started wiggling at a fast rate. It is a sign of them preparing to attack.

And it happened.

"Ah!" Zhu Furong cried in alarm as 10 Sandworms shot towards him, but before he could take any action, the Stormingle's head moved, leaving afterimages as it pecked all the 10 Sandworms from the air.

What incredible speed.

Even with Zhu Furong's sharp eyes he couldn't catch all of its motion.

He patted his chest with relief, "Thank god it didn't peck me with that speed."

"Right? I don't think my current Chaos Qi protection can hold up for more than 5 minutes if it attacked with such great speed and power." Zhu Xingzuo praised.

Zhu Furong made a crying face, "What are you praising it for? Do I really have to eat those Sandworms?"

"Kruu? Kruu-kruu-kruu... Koo?"

The bird bobbed and weaved its head pointing at the Sandworms and then pointing at Zhu Furong.

Like hell Zhu Furong was going to eat those Sandworms. He instantly pulled out some rice grains and offered it to the Stormingale.

"Kruu?" The Stormingale took a peck.

"Kru..." It shook its head in dislike.

"Don't like it?"

Zhu Furong took out all the Space Rings and Spatial Bags and started searching through them.

He doesn't keep any raw meat or normal fruits in the Spatial equipment as they spoil after a few days— Spatial storages offer separate space but the flow of time in it is similar to the outside world.

He was just looking for anything edible that he can offer the Stormingale.

"Aha!"

Suddenly Zhu Furong pulled out a bunch of white grapes. These are spiritual fruits!

He found it inside the Spatial Bag of the old man.

The Stormingale took a bite and liked it.

"Kriiii~"

It pecked the whole bunch of grapes in one go and asked for more.

"Sorry, that was the only bunch." Zhu Furong looked apologetic.

The bird cannot understand human language but it definitely can understand human expressions.

"Kru..." It looked sad.

Zhu Furong felt bad for it.

He took out several utensils and lit a fire. He started cooking.

The bird silently observed Zhu Furong while munching on the Sandworms.

Soon rice was served with a dish made up of preserved meat and herbs.

Though the rice and meat are just common food, the herbs Zhu Furong used are rich in Spiritual Energy.

The pot was pecked clean by the bird.

"Krururu~ Krururu~"

The bird rubbed its head on Zhu Furong's chest, with affection.

"Glad you liked it." 

Zhu Furong too rubbed its head but it instantly pulled back.

It glared at Zhu Furong with displeasure.

'Huh? So you can touch me but I cannot touch you?— What an erratic bird.'

Zhu Furong was at a loss for words, he somehow squeezed out an apology, "...Sorry?"

Ignoring Zhu Furong's apology, the bird silently walked to the center of the nest, resting its soft belly on the leaves bedding; it fell asleep.

Zhu Furong took a sigh of relief. Along with his sigh Zhu Xingzuo dispersed the Chaos Qi protection.

"Hey!"

"Don't worry, you won't need it anymore. There's no storm here and that bird seems quite affable."

"That's because I treated it to some food. What if it attacks suddenly?"

"We will see when that happens. I am too tired to keep up the Chaos Qi protection. Think of my health as well, will you?"

"Er..."

"I am going to sleep a bit. You should sleep as well. You haven't slept for a week now. Even though Cultivators don't need much sleep, it's still better to give your body some rest— Also, I will absorb half of the Imugi Core while I am resting."

Saying this Zhu Xingzuo went silent while Zhu Furong started inspecting the surroundings.

There isn't much to find here, just a humongous bird nest surrounded by sand and swirling tornadoes.

Zhu Furong found it quite amusing that there isn't any drag or pull from the tornadoes like before. And even after some digging, he couldn't find anything out of the ordinary here.

Zhu Furong looked at the sleeping Stormingale. A 30 feet tall bird, roosting at the center of a 100 feet diameter nest, looked quite docile.

"Wanna slay it? Its flesh, bones and marrow are decent materials for practicing the last three stages of Body Transformation."

"What rubbish? I just found it quite adorable and you suddenly ask me if I want to kill it?"

After a brief pause, Zhu Furong snorted, "In the first place, can I even kill it?"

Zhu Xingzuo whistled, "So you did think about killing it. Then why act so righteous in front of me, huh?"

"Well, you can easily kill it by using my Chaos Qi and that vibration of yours, it should make any blade sharp enough to cut through its hard feathers but..."

"But?"

"The problem is your low Cultivation rank. The current you cannot get close enough to it to land a surprise attack. With a spiritual beast's sharp instincts, the Stormingale will catch your bloodlust from meters away—Just like now."

Zhu Furong looked at the Stormingale and found it staring at him. He almost jumped with fear, but in the next moment the Stormingale put its head down and continued sleeping.

Zhu Furong held his chest, "That scared the shit out of me."

"Lucky for you that your bloodlust dissipated before it could pinpoint its location. Else, with its speed, you would have definitely lost a limb or two before I could completely shield your body with Chaos Qi."

Remembering how fast the Stormingale can fly through the storm and how quick it was with its beak, pecking the Sandworms, Zhu Furong wiped the cold sweat off his forehead, "Better not think about hunting it. I will be the one hunted down instead."

"Pffft..." Zhu Xingzuo couldn't help but laugh.

Zhu Furong frowned, "You haven't slept yet?"

There was no reply...

Zhu Furong sighed and murmured with regret, "Only if the skeleton of that Imugi was usable..."

Zhu Xingzuo yawned, "Baking in the scorching essence of the sun for over a billion years, it would be a miracle if the bones didn't turn into charred rocks. Even the part where the water attribute Imugi core was located had the bones slowly charred away— Billion years are just that long of a time."

"Long time?— Didn't expect to hear it from a creature who stays inside an egg for billions of years itself." Zhu Furong mocked.

Zhu Xingzuo sighed, "You don't understand how boring it gets, Big Brother."

Zhu Furong smiled, "You should thank me then. If not for me, you would have to spend a few billions of years more of that boring, lonely life."

Zhu Xingzuo snorted, "But at least I wouldn't have to expend more of my Chaos Qi than I Cultivated."

Zhu Furong cannot refute that. He scratched his head with shame.

To hide his embarrassment, he taunted Zhu Xingzuo, "You are not sleeping yet?"

"I am going to. What about you?"

Zhu Furong stared at the swirling tornadoes.

"Will try to reach the 5th proficiency grade in Wind Laws. This place is quite good for that."

"Hmm, be careful, wake me up if necessary." Zhu Xingzuo warned.

He mumbled, "Glad your mood has recovered. I didn't like how gloomy you were before— Adventures can really help one with depression."

"Did you say something?"

"No— Goodnight."

Zhu Furong nodded, "Hmm, goodnight."

After Zhu Xingzuo fell asleep, Zhu Furong did some stretching and took out the Spatial Bag of the old man, he looked at it and sneered, "A battle with a stronger enemy is quite refreshing. And when you outplay them, it feels quite satisfying."

He then shook his head and sighed, "It's regrettable that I couldn't kill that Ghost Sect guy, I am still too weak."

He again looked at the sleeping Stormingale, contemplating if he should kill it or not.

As soon as he saw the Stormingale about to lift its head, he quickly ducked his head away.

The Stormingale looked here and there with confusion before going back to sleep.

0