CH 5 – Forbidden Art Detected
200 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the complete darkness of the void, figures of two men can be seen standing in front of a tiny red flame floating in the air, some translucent shining runes which look to be crawling can be observed on a black wall behind the two men.

"Ah, two sirs... I mean two gods, no need to be so polite with me. It's nothing special to talk about the outside world. On the contrary I am ashamed, I don't think I am knowledgeable enough to satisfy your curiosity." The young man spoke with grief.

"There are things that may seem to be worthless to you but those same things may mean a whole world for someone else!" "You don't have to be too specific, even sharing whatever little knowledge you have is enough for us who have been stranded here in this void for a billion of years. After all, it's an amount of time where a lot can happen... A lot!" Hei Hai smiled.

"Worthless things that may mean a whole world..." The young man murmured and then as he seemed to realise something he breathed out slightly. "I understand."

After this the young man narrated all he knew about the world outside. The two gods' facial expressions seem to go through a rollercoaster of changing expressions as they listen attentively to the young man.

The narration didn't last long as expected so the two gods looked unsatisfied.

"That's it?" Hei Hai grumbled.

"Umm... Yes, that's all I know." The young man sounded apologetic.

"Aaa... You had lived for 25 years, 25 fucking years! And that's all you have seen in your life?" Hei Hai was enraged.

"And what with those weaklings? You call them martial artists? Ptui! They are not even qualified to wash my underwear! What the hell! Just where were you born? In a barn or what?" Hei Hai shouted at the red flame.

"Urgh!... It's not like I didn't want to explore the world, go on adventures, see new places, but I never got the opportunity. It was already difficult for me to try living a peaceful life in the clan and stay away from any troubles, which I dunno how, always found me... Well, it's just how it was... If you are not satisfied with my narration go find someone else. Humph!" The young man lamented.

"Find my arse! Who should I go find in this void? You are the only one I can ask from. And what's with this clan position shit? A martial artist should always aim for the peak in Martial Arts and not for some position in some shitty clan. Only by struggling in the martial world can you become someone great! A flower bred in the green house can never survive the storms!" Hei Hai complained in a loud voice.

The young man didn't answer back and stayed silent.

"Ehem!" Bian Chao cut in to break this awkward situation. "Hei Hai calm yourself down will you? Why are you barking like a dog all of a sudden? I know you are not satisfied with the little amount of information but it can't be helped if the young man is inexperienced. Not everyone is a ruffian like you who went massacring everywhere in the past." Bian Chao taunted Hei Hai.

Hei Hai pointed a finger at Bian Chao's nose. "You... Fuck you! It's on me if I bark like a dog or roar like a dragon. What it has to do with you Bian fucking Chao?"

"Humph!" Both gods humphed at the same time turning their heads opposite to each other then they both spat at the same time showing condemnation. They acted just like kids.

"Pfft!... Hahaha... So this is how a mighty god shows his might. To shout and cuss at a young man. I am totally enlightened! Hahaha..." The Behemoth Egg laughed loudly.

Hei Hai turned back towards the egg enraged and shouted. "You fucking egg, how dare you laugh at me, see if I not make an omelette out of you!"

"Ahaha... Come come, try if you can. Hahaha... Mighty Demon God! Hahaha..." The Behemoth Egg mocked Hei Hai.

Hei Hai's Spiritual Body started to shake with anger.

"That's enough! Let's calm down shall we? There's things to take care of. You guys didn't forget our main purpose did you? Hope has appeared after waiting for a billion years, you two don't want to waste this chance right? Also it may be the only chance we ever get." Bian Chao said in a serious tone.

"Urgh! Ehem!... Right, sorry about that." Both Hei Hai and Behemoth Egg calmed down and seem to get into serious mode.

Bian Chao nodded his head to both of them. "Good, I also apologize for my earlier behaviour." He warmly smiled and then turned towards the red flame.

With solemn eyes Bian Chao said to the red flame. "Young man, your story of the outside world is indeed lacking but it's not your fault. It's just how you lived your life. Just as we shouldn't expect every person out there to be a genius, we shouldn't expect every person out there to live a fulfilling life."

Bian Chao took a deep breath and continued. "Let's put these things aside for now and talk about some serious stuff." Bian Chao gave a serious look to the red flame.

"Yes." The young man replied from inside the red flame.

Bian Chao seemed to be contemplating and after a short while he started speaking.

"We already introduced ourselves earlier as Spirit God and Demon God. The meaning is quite different from what a god means to the mortals. Here the title of Spirit God and Demon God is something bestowed upon us by our whole race. It shows their respect towards the one with the highest Cultivation. There can only be one such title holder in each race."

"Well it's quite laughable for our race to think of us as the god of the whole race. They thought we had reached the highest Cultivation level possible but only we ourselves knew how far from truth it was."

"There's always someone out there who's better than you and there's always a peak higher than the summit!"

"It's the same for Martial Arts. We both knew the title of Spirit God and Demon God means nothing. We have a higher peak to climb up to. We were just lacking in vision and opportunity."

Then Bian Chao looked up and said in a sad tone. "It's quite unfortunate that when the opportunity arrived we were taking our last breath, such a waste. The Heavens are really unfair." Then he hung his head and sighed.

"Sigh!... The Heavens really toyed with us." Hei Hai sighed too, shaking his head.

"Sigh!... Indeed." Behemoth Egg sighed too.

Both Bian Chao and Hei Hai gazed towards the egg with complicated looks in their eyes. They both thought the same thing.

'What are you sighing for? You are just a fucking egg. You are not even born yet! Fucking hypocrite!'

The Behemoth Egg seems to realise their thoughts. "Er... Cough!... I am lamenting about my past life, it was really unfair... Sigh!" The Behemoth Egg grieved.

The two gods didn't buy it and just rolled their eyes.

"To become the god of a whole race, just what Cultivation Rank were you at?" Suddenly the young man asked.

"Hehehe... Be amazed young man, this daddy was-" Hei Hai is about to brag but...

Bian Chao cut in with a simple smile. "Just like mortals see a martial artist as gods, the martial artists saw us as gods. It was just that high of a Cultivation Rank."

"It's not like I don't want to mention the specific name of the Cultivation Rank but even if I do I don't think you will understand. As I can deduce from your earlier story you didn't seem to have a high rank of Cultivation when you were alive right?" Bian Chao questioned the red flame.

"Well, you are right. I am ashamed to say that I was just a Core Formation rank Cultivator with only a Silver Core." The young man sounded embarrassed.

"It's low level indeed or more like you never started Cultivation. Now I understand why you have such a lack of experience in the martial world. An ant like you would have been squashed anytime anywhere easily." Hei Hai mocked.

"Well..." The young man sounded ashamed.

"Wait a minute!" Bian Chao suddenly said with a surprised look.

"You mean you Cultivated the Core Formation of the Human Race's Martial Arts? Not the Core Formation of Monster Race's Martial Arts?" Bian Chao asked in disbelief.

"Huh? What do you mean by Monster Race's Martial Arts? Why would I Cultivate the Martial Arts of Monster Race? I was a human being, you know?" The young man sounded confused.

"Impossible!" Bian Chao retorted.

"What are you talking about Bian Chao? I thought only I talk stupid but it looks like even you have your moments. Hehe..." Hei Hai mocked.

"You are indeed stupid but I am not!" Bian Chao quickly replied.

"I mean look at what's in front of us. It's the flame of nirvana! A flame that can only come from a Phoenix! Doesn't that mean this young man is a descendant of the Phoenix?" Bian Chao questioned Hei Hai.

Hei Hai seemed to realise it too but he looked unsure. "That's right! But..."

"I know what you are thinking. But think carefully, there's only three possible outcomes if a member of Monster Race and Human Race cross-breed. First, the offspring will be a pure human. Second, it will be a half. And third, it will be a pure monster. Right?" "Even if we are from the Spirit Race and Demon Race, we both have this much knowledge." Bian Chao said.

"Right, but-" Hei Hai wanted to say something but was stopped by Bian Chao who put his right hand in front of Hei Hai's face.

"Let me finish." Bian Chao said.

"Ok go on." Hei Hai simply replied.

Bian Chao nodded his head and continued with his theory.

"The first possibility is out for this young man's case as if it was true then there wouldn't be any Nirvana Flame here... That leaves us to the second and third possibilities."

"The third one is also out as if it was true then there's no way this young man would Cultivate the Human Race's Core Formation technique. That's just utter stupidity!"

"That leaves us with the second one but even then the young should Cultivate Core Formation of Monster Race as even if he is a half monster half human, the monster side will become dominant in the future when his bloodline awakens. But he Cultivated the Human Race's Core Formation. Maybe he was oblivious to his own body condition but then how will you explain this Nirvana Flame..." Even Bian Chao got confused in the end.

"Ehem!" Hei Hai called for attention.

Bian Chao turned his head and saw the unclear face of Hei Hai's distorted Spiritual Body. But he didn't need to guess that Hei Hai was definitely mocking him.

"What is it?" Bian Chao asked Hei Hai nonetheless.

"Hehehe... Even Bian Chao has his days, doesn't he? Do you admit you don't know about this young man's condition?" Hei Hai taunted.

"Well... I have some other theories but..." Bian Chao reasoned.

"Just admit your defeat. No need to be so petty." Hei Hai mocked.

"Humph! It's just that the monster species of our Spirit Race is on the verge of extinction, therefore we don't know much about them. At least we Spirit Race are not as immoral as your Demon Race who enslave and breed the species of Monster Race to work as mounts and labour." Bian Chao disdained.

"Huh! It's called forming a Bloodline Bond, it's mutual and beneficial for both sides, what do you know?" Hei Hai ridiculed.

"What happened to the serious talk? I only see the mighty gods in action again." Behemoth Egg mocked both.

Both the gods felt ashamed to be mocked by an egg and went silent.

"Cough! Cough! Well I indeed don't know what this young man's condition is, I am ashamed" Bian Chao admitted his lack of knowledge.

"Hmm... Let's see..." Hei Hai stepped closer to the red flame and started observing. After about 5 minutes he concluded. "As I thought, this is a Seal."

"Seal?" Bian Chao and Behemoth Egg both sounded surprised.

"Yes! It's a seal formed of a complete Nirvana Flame with Life Energy as a medium to keep it under control." Hei Hai examined.

"What?!" Bian Chao is shocked.

"A complete Nirvana Flame and not just a tiny fragment of it? Are you sure? I mean look at the size of this-this, it's only the size of an almond. It's definitely just a fragment." Bian Chao put down his reasons.

"Yep, it's a complete Nirvana Flame. In the first place this seal is impossible without a complete Nirvana Flame. Also it looks so tiny because it has been compressed to match the size of the Spiritual Body it's holding." Hei Hai explained.

"Siii..." Bian Chao sucked in cold air. "To use a whole Nirvana Flame for a seal, just how powerful is this seal? And doesn't this mean the Phoenix who used this flame for the seal is left with no Nirvana Flame? What's a Phoenix without the Nirvana Flame? A chicken?" Bian Chao said thoughtfully.

"Well, it's just that kind of seal. As far as I know this seal is a Forbidden Art of the Phoenix Clan called the 'Nirvana Life Seal'. No one is allowed to use this seal until you are in some desperate situation and have no way out. It can save the life of a person at the brink of death but at an extreme cost." Hei Hai said seriously.

The two gods then started to observe the tiny red flame curiously.

"Er... Sir Demon God, just what does this seal do and how did I get inside this? I would appreciate it if you can help me out." Suddenly the young man said.

"Well, I don't know how you got inside this or more like you should know how you got inside this." Hei Hai gave a weird look.

"Er..." The young man doesn't know what to say.

"Live On!" Hei Hai said. "That's what someone means when they place this seal."

"The person who placed this seal on you definitely wanted for you to keep living." Hei Hai sighed. "If I am not wrong, the way you died is by self-destruction isn't it?" Hei Hai asked while gazing at the red flame.

The red flame showed slight disturbance for a moment, a proof of extreme shock. "How do you know? Yes, I self-destructed to end my life. But what does it have to do with my current condition? Isn't self-destruction supposed to even extinguish my soul out of existence along with the body?" The young man asked.

"Well yes, that's how self-destruction works but not in your case. Also I know you self-destructed because if you came to this void in some other way there would be at least some traces of your Physical Body left but we sensed nothing except your tiny flame since the time you entered this place 500 years ago." Hei Hai answered.

"Ah right! You are saying I came here 500 years ago, then why didn't you all talk to me before but why wait till now?" The young man inquired.

"It's because you just woke up today after 500 years so we can only speak with you now. Got it?" Hei Hai blankly replied.

"Er..." The young man doesn't know what to say after this unenthusiastic reply.

"Let's talk about the main matter shall we?" Hei Hai said in an irritated tone.

"Yes please." The young man said meekly.

5