CH 11 – Reborn!
121 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

600 years have passed in the blink of an eye since the death of Furong.

Now it's time for our protagonist to be reborn again.

Bian Chao, the former Spirit God, formed several seals with his hand and finger gestures and pointed at the floating tiny red flame in front of him.

The tiny red flame got covered in a gentle halo of light. It's the Soul Energy from Bian Chao's Spiritual Body.

The construction of a new Physical Body for Furong has started.

Hei Hai, the former Demon God pulled out a mass of flesh somewhere from the dark void. It's an arm with half a part of the chest attached to it.

According to what Hei Hai has said before, it's about 20 percent of his own Physical Body which is left after the gruesome battle in the past.

It's thanks to this leftover piece of flesh that it's possible to construct a new body for Furong. Else with the current conditions of the two gods it's close to impossible for them to construct a new body for anyone.

Hei Hai also formed several seals with his hands and fingers and covered the mass of flesh with his Soul Energy. Soon the flesh started to break down into tiny particles.

Time passed by...

"I am almost done with the reconstruction and fortification of our disciple's Spiritual Body and Nascent Soul." Bian Chao said in a tired tone. His own Spiritual Body now looked similar to Hei Hai's distorted ghost figure.

"I am also almost done with the breaking down and purification of the flesh and bones. Now all I need is your and Behemoth's Blood Essence so I can mix it with the particles before we start the construction of the body." Hei Hai has almost turned into a smoke-like figure from the ghost-like figure.

The current conditions of the Spiritual Bodies of these two gods shows how arduous this task they are performing is.

Going against the Heavens is not easy indeed.

Bian Chao nodded to Hei Hai and passed the tiny jade bottle to him.

On the other side the Behemoth Egg wall seemed to tremble for a moment and then the shining translucent runes turned dimmer.

A tiny, round drop of black blood with stars shimmering on its surface shot out of the Behemoth Egg and started floating in front of Hei Hai.

Hei Hai seemed to be mesmerized by the beauty and the energy present in the blood but he soon composed himself. He turned towards the Behemoth Egg and bowed with respect and gratitude.

Hei Hai then formed several different hand seals and soon the Behemoth's Blood Essence and Bian Chao's Blood Essence broke into tiny particles similar to Hei Hai's flesh and bones and fused together with the flesh and bones.

Bian Chao gestured to Hei Hai that everything was ready and Hei Hai nodded back confirming his side was ready as well.

Then on Bian Chao's signal Hei Hai covered the tiny red flame with the flesh and bone particles. The two gods then harmonized their Soul Energy to build a new physical body for their disciple bit by bit.

...

A week has passed and now there's no tiny red flame visible in the void. In its place there are now two white lights floating in the air.

One is of the size of a grape while the other is of the size of a fist.

In front of these two light blobs, a little child, about the age of five years old can be observed kneeling down.

The child is naked, all fair with a plump, healthy body. A beautiful face and hair as black as the night sky. A tiny perfectly shaped nose, a chiseled chin and a pretty mouth.

The child's big round eyes are alluring to look at and seem to hold an entire galaxy within it, making anyone who comes in contact with the child's eyes be left mesmerized.

Whoever looked at the child will only have one thought...

'What a beautiful and cute baby girl. She will definitely grow into a world shaking beauty!'

Until... They look between its legs.

Yep!... This future world shaking beauty is actually a boy! And this boy is none other than our protagonist Furong!

"Fuck! I should have known this would happen." The bigger light blob which is the size of a fist cussed.

"What are you cussing for?" The other tiny grape sized light blob asked in an irritated tone.

"What for? Look at our disciple. No matter how I look at him, he looks like a beautiful girl. No way anyone will call him a boy." The bigger light blob said with anger.

"What are you talking about, no matter how you look at him he looks like a cute boy who will definitely grow into a handsome lad in the future. Humph! You Bian Chao have pebbles for eyes." The tiny light blob argued.

Well, looks like these two light blobs are none other than the two gods. The tiny one is Hei Hai and the bigger one is Bian Chao.

It seems the construction of a new Physical Body for their disciple took a good amount of their Soul Energy. Keeping their current form is all they can manage.

"It's my fault to even argue with you, I forgot you Hei Hai come from a species where the males are all as beautiful as women." Bian Chao taunted.

"Heh! You can say what you want. It's just the difference in one's views. What may look like an ugly stone to you may look beautiful to others." Surprisingly Hei Hai didn't get angry.

"Sigh... Well you are right I guess. Now that I take a closer look it's just because he is still a five years old child and all child's at this age tend to look all cute and plump. He will definitely grow into a masculine man when he grows up." Bian Chao said affirmatively.

"A man doesn't need to be masculine. What's so good about beards and moustaches? Muscles popping out of arms and legs here and there? It looks so brute. Humph!" Hei Hai didn't agree.

"It's just the difference in one's views. Why do you guys care how he looks? You are not going to marry him right?" Suddenly the Behemoth Egg taunted both the gods from behind. Also using the same words of Hei Hai. It would never give up the chance to mock these two gods who bullied it all the time.

Now when we look at the wall or to say the surface of the humongous Behemoth Egg, the dimmed runes are back to shining brightly again. It seems the Behemoth Egg is doing all fine now. It's completely recovered from the Blood Essence loss.

Maybe because the Blood Essence it provided to Furong is used as a bridge to form the Bloodline Bond rather than used as a Cultivation resource. It didn't harm the Behemoth Egg in any way.

The Behemoth Egg and Furong are now linked via soul. They can feel each other's presence and emotions. It's not like they can just barge into each other's privacy whenever they want. The link can be closed by anyone at any time when necessary.

"Urgh!..." The two gods choked at the same time and didn't know how to answer back the Behemoth Egg.

So they just ignored the Behemoth Egg.

"Disciple Furong it's time." Bian Chao said.

"We have taught you everything we deemed necessary and the rest is left with Behemoth Egg. Er... Xingzuo. He will help you with the Cultivation and stuff, just follow what he says. You two are brothers now, watch each other's backs." Bian Chao said in a gentle tone.

"Yes Master." Little Furong nodded with affirmation.

"Well we should take our leave now. Maybe our friends and family are still waiting for us in the Netherworld. We already kept them waiting for too long, we shouldn't make them wait any longer. It will become our sin." Bian Chao said in a sad tone.

Furong kowtowed and said in a grieving tone. "Please take care, Masters. Disciple will follow your teachings and live a life worthy of your names. Please watch me from the other side."

"We will." Both the gods said solemnly.

"I will use whatever of my Soul Energy that is left to tear a Space Tunnel for you two. I don't know where it will connect to or what will be waiting for you on the other side, but that's all I can do with my current state. Hope you understand." Bian Chao sternly said.

Furong raised his head which is now marked with tears. "Disciple understands. I will fight my way with my own hands. This time I will not waver. This life you have bestowed upon me, I will live it to the fullest. Also... There are things waiting for me to take care of." Furong said with a serious face but because of his baby face it didn't look serious at all. But the gods understood their disciple's determination.

Furong may turn into an idiot when he is mentally unstable but otherwise he is quite a bright person.

"Good." Bian Chao said.

"Before we leave I have one last thing to give to you." Hei Hai suddenly said.

Then suddenly there seems to be something moving in the darkness of the void. Furong turned his head on instinct and noticed something appeared in his vision which looked like a part of some building. It's a pitch black building which makes it harder to discern its features in this dark void but he somehow managed to spot a door.

"It's a Nine-Layers Pagoda. I found it during my younger days adventuring in a Spatial World. An independent world which exists within a separate space. It may sound like Universal Dimensions but there's quite a lot of differences within the two. You will find out later." Hei Hai said.

"It's a defensive treasure. Well, at least that's what I think it is. Being a defensive type already makes it quite a rare and high grade treasure, but there may be more to it than what meets the eyes."

"You see, even when I was in my peak Cultivation state I couldn't fully utilize all of its functions. It's definitely not something out of this realm. This treasure is also the reason why I found out that there is a higher rank out there than my Cultivation Rank which my race considered to be the peak back then and for the Heavens to bestow the title of Demon God on me." Hei Hai said in a mocking tone.

"Ah Master, didn't you say the title Demon God is bestowed upon you by the entire Demon Race? But just now-" Furong wanted to inquire but was stopped before he could complete his sentence.

"Ehem!... Why do you care? You will know once you reach our level as well. Don't ask unnecessary stuff." Hei Hai shamelessly avoided the topic. He knew he said something he shouldn't have.

"Well just take this Pagoda with you. It can not only work as a storage device but can also be stored inside your dantian, which is quite rare for a treasure to do. I doubt there are any other such treasures out there. Even your Master Spirit God used to drool over it." Hei Hai mocked.

"Er..." Bian Chao wanted to defend himself but he didn't in the end.

"Thankyou Master." Furong wiped his tears and kowtowed again.

"Mark the pagoda with a drop of your Blood Essence and Spiritual Mark. It should form an unbreakable connection with your soul. You can then control the pagoda to store the Behemoth Egg inside it and then store the pagoda into your dantian." Hei Hai explained shocking both Furong and Behemoth Egg.

There are two ways to mark a treasure as yours. One is the common method of using Spiritual Mark to connect the treasure with your soul. And the other method is to use both Blood Essence and Spiritual Mark, forming a Blood Spiritual Mark.

Blood Spiritual Mark is almost impossible to severe without killing the owner. It's totally foolproof. But it also has the greatest risk, as if someone by chance manages to sever the link between you and your treasure, both your Nascent Soul and Life Essence will be damaged.

...

"Are you kidding me? I know this is a Nine-Layers Pagoda which means it has nine floors but I don't think that makes it big enough to hold me inside it." Behemoth Egg didn't believe what Hei Hai just said.

"Haha, there are many things which you won't believe are possible. The insides of this pagoda is similar to a Spatial World. The space inside is big enough to hold two large continents. It's more than enough to fit an egg of about a few thousand feet in size." Hei Hai said with pride.

"Also you don't have to worry about Cultivation, since it will be spiritually connected with our disciple, he can control the flow of Spiritual Qi into the pagoda. So you can Cultivate even sitting inside the pagoda."

"Leaving these things aside I don't think there's any other way for you to follow our disciple. You are not going to make a five-year-old carry an egg thousands of times bigger than his own size are you?"

Then Hei Hai suddenly shouted. "What are you even thinking? Are you in your rebellious phase?"

"Er... Got it. I got it, so don't yell at me will you? I am your disciple's brother for god's sake." The Behemoth Egg retorted.

"Good that you understand. Now disciple, get done with the task." Hei Hai ordered Furong.

Furong stood up on his tiny feet and slowly walked towards the pagoda. He reached for what looked like a door and then bit on his tongue hard to make it bleed. His pretty face contorted with pain but he somehow managed to spit out a drop of his Blood Essence on the pagoda.

He then pointed one finger and from the tip of it a tiny ball of light entered the pagoda gate. It's his Spiritual Mark.

The Nine-Layers Pagoda seemed to shine for a moment then three golden words appeared above the door. 'Nine-Layers Pagoda'. Then the door opened.

"Well it's done. No need to step in for now. You can check it later." Hei Hai said from behind.

"By the way there are a few jade slips inside, inscribed with few Cultivation Arts and some other techniques like Array formation, Pill concoction, Artifact Refining, etc. Read them when you are free and better not pick something up that's out of your league. I warn you!" Hei Hai said in a strict tone.

"Yes Master. Disciple will follow your instructions." Furong bowed.

"Good." Hei Hai said with satisfaction.

Bian Chao then spoke to Furong.

"Well, you may not have any Spiritual Qi inside your body since you are like a new born baby. You will need to go through the proper steps of cultivation to open your Meridians and channel the Qi. You can take care of that after you are out of here."

"For now, we two gods will share a bit of our Soul Energy with you so you can store the Behemoth Egg inside the pagoda and then store the pagoda inside your dantian."

"Ah, but beware not to use too much of Soul Energy as it's impossible to restore here in the void where there's no Spiritual Qi present in the air. If any accident may happen... Just be careful!" Bian Chao warned.

"Yes Master, I will be careful." Furong humbly replied in a cute baby tone.

"Well, let me open the Space Tunnel first so you can enter as soon as you have stored them in. You will be able to restore your Soul Energy slowly on the other side if everything goes well." Bian Chao said.

Then the bigger blob of light slowly moved to the side at a safe distance from others.

The light started to shine brighter and brighter and there seemed to be ripples forming in the air. Soon a pitch black line appeared in the air and slowly turned in the size of a bucket. Fresh air started to blow out of the spatial crack.

"This should be large enough and from the Spiritual Qi gushing out of it, it seems to be connected to a lower world. It's better this way, less danger, less unnecessary troubles." Bian Chao said in a dim voice. 

The blob of light which was the size of a fist has now turned into the size of a pea. Opening the Space Tunnel took another toll on Bian Chao.

"We should hurry before the Laws of Nature starts to repair the plain." Hei Hai hastily said.

"I will use my leftover Soul Energy to stabilize the Space Tunnel and provide protection to disciple Furong from the Space-Time Currents just to be safe." Hei Hai added, then the grape size blob of light slowly marched towards the bucket-sized Space Tunnel.

"Master Demon God." Furong suddenly called out from behind with tears flowing out of his eyes and snot running out of his nose.

"What a hideous face you are making to see your Masters off. What a disgrace. Wipe that snotty face of yours and give me a smile." Hei Hai scolded.

"Master... Sniff! Sniff!" Furong grieved.

"Sigh... We don't have time for this." Saying this, Hei Hai's light blob again started to move towards the Space Tunnel.

Furong kept sobbing silently but didn't say anything. He just attentively watched the blobs of light etching every bit of this moment into his heart.

The tiny light blob of Hei Hai suddenly stopped at the mouth of the Space Tunnel. Hei Hai's clear voice sounded.

"Disciple Furong! Accept your Master's last teaching." Hei Hai shouted.

"Yes!" Furong shouted back and kowtowed hard.

After a brief pause Hei Hai said. "The journey to the peak of Martial Arts is quite lonely, pick up some women on the way!... Hahahaha..." With a huge laugh Hei Hai's light blob vanished into the Space Tunnel.

"This bastard!..." Bian Chao gritted his teeth and cursed.

"Yes!" Furong answered while still kowtowing. 

No one knows if he replied with yes to Hei Hai or to Bian Chao. We will only find out in the future.

"Ehem! Well don't mind what Hei Hai said. He is as shameless as ever." Bian Chao embarrassingly said.

"Well you should get going, the Space Tunnel can't hold for long." Bian Chao rushed.

"Yes." Furong answered and stood up. 

He gazed at the pea sized light blob for a moment and then started to form a few hand seals to take the Behemoth Egg inside the pagoda and so on.

Just after storing the Behemoth Egg, Furong seemed to be on the verge of collapse from the strain of using too much Soul Energy. The egg is indeed huge even for a Nascent Soul of Open Ascension rank let alone Furong who somehow have a Nascent Soul thanks to the Nirvana Flame Seal but his Soul Energy is similar to that of Core Formation rank.

He somehow managed to keep himself standing on his tiny feet and changed the hand seals to store the pagoda inside his dantian. Just before he collapsed from exhaustion he heard Bian Chao's loud and clear voice.

"Live with a Clear Conscience! Never waver in your heart!"

"I know you have lived quite a hard life and you should be mentally strong because of that, but it's still not enough. You should have already understood it from the way you acted at the beginning after waking up in this dark void."

"A great man always acts calm and composed even if he is broken inside. Giving in to your agony and pain will only hinder your judgments."

"Take care of your loved one's, they will take care of you."

"Even if you have been betrayed once doesn't mean you should stop believing in everybody. If there's evil there's good too."

"My last words are nothing but my sincere support to your previous life's wish..."

"Make a family! When you are at your weakest, they will become your strength!"

...

Thud!... As soon as Bian Chao's voice faded, Furong's little body collapsed on the ground.

The tiny pea sized light blob slowly drifted towards the unconscious Furong. Bian Chao's remaining bit of Soul Energy covered Furong's little body and gently picked him up moving slowly towards the Space Tunnel.

"Live well!" 

With these two words Bian Chao pushed Furong into the mouth of the Space Tunnel.

...Soon after, the now dim, pea sized light blob slowly vanished from the void and following that the Space Tunnel slowly disappeared into nothingness...

4